[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Got a friend of more than 10 years that’s been seeing a Christian girl for nearly a year. He recently sent myself and 2 other friends pic related. I said I’d respect his wishes but wasn’t entirely happy with it and haven’t spoken to him much since. As a close group, we’d joke around and I could be myself around them but no longer feel like it will be the same. Thoughts?
>>
damn your friend went about it in quite a dickish manner.
>a big problem is you guys
not very christian to be laying blame onto people. There are so many more compassionate ways he could have went about this if he didn't like the things you post,. nope he decided to call you guys immature neanderthals. i'd guess that's why you're not really happy with it. can you make a group chat without him?
>>
>>25095253
tight christian pussy got a brother blinded
>>
>>25095265
Yeah, some of his choice of words cut deep, and suddenly being asked to change the way we act after a decade of friendship didn’t sit well with me
>make a group chat
My other friends and I made one yeah
>>
>>25095345
Just be honest with him. Tell him he's acting ridiculous and that its one thing to change and grow and its another thing to be a relationship chameleon and just blend to whatever suits your partner. That you respect his newfound desire, and to politely shut the fuck up and keep it to himself because what you're posting is all jokes and nonsense
>>
>>25095253
There is a famous japanese story of 3 masks. First mask you wear in public, this is your public face, your business face. Second mask you only show to family. This is your home mask. There is third mask, your pee pee mask, only to show to lady in the bedroom. Think of the 3 masks anon.
>>
>>25095409
Kek
>>
File: download.jpg (119 KB, 1080x1440)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>25095253
If a friend did this to me, I'd tell him this:

>I am who I am, who you've always known me to be.
>I'd like you to understand - you are the one changing here, not me.
>If the way you are changing causes you to want to change your relationship to me in some way, that is your responsibility, and I support you in taking care of that however you need to do.
>If you need to adapt to how I am in a new way, that's great.
>If you need to stop being friends with me, I'm sad about that, but I respect your choice.
>However, I am not going to pretend to be someone different to accommodate your new religion. Your religion is your business, and the changes you are making are your responsibility to take care of.

Respect others, but don't let people tell you who to be to please them. Even if you've known them for 100 years.
>>
>>25095253
I believe him that you do gross and inappropriate shit. That shit gets tiring faster for some than others.

But, dude's wall of text is some unhealthy internal dilemma, fostered by his current environment, that he spewed all over like a sick kitten. He keeps flipping back and forth between blaming and pleading, dude can't even make a solid statement. He can't decisively say what he wants or stfu and ghost you, like any sane person in the 21st century.
>>
>>25095253
It's not really an issue, because as soon as he has a kid, if you don't have kids around the same time, he's gone anyway.

Had it happen in my life. Only one in my friend group to have kids. When you suddenly mature and move to the next stage of life, but your buddies just want to talk about what new capeshit are coming out next year, you end up detaching.

Your friend is on a spiritual journey, and his past is going to be an anchor around his neck. Just respect that he's moving to another stage of life, you're not yet, and time slays kings, levels town, and beats high mountains down.
>>
>>25095441
All of this.
If the pussy wants to make him lose his good friends, he needs to wake up and smell the coffee but you can't force him.
>>
This is weird to me because I’m not necessarily religious but I’m way more traditional and conservative than my bf and we just kind of do our own thing…. Like he can go to raves or do whatever bs with his friends as long as he isn’t cheating on me.
>>
>>25095253
Tell his gf about the times you guys were partying and then there was that one girl who was rreeealllly drunk, like totally passed out wasted. Well your friend said 'why let good pussy go to waste?' and he went hog wild on it. Good times.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.