[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 16.png (1.26 MB, 1260x1789)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
I'm going to an HVAC training place on monday. I'm expecting it to be very tough and I don't know if I have what it takes to go through with it. Any advice for me?
also, any suggestions for questions I should ask while I'm there?
>>
>>25093969
It's easy as fuck. Just learn your regulations and electrical. HVAC is easy as fuck dude. All you gotta be able to do is troubleshoot and cut and measure.

Just ask about what to do when shit goes wrong. Obviously don't sperg the fuck out and you will be fine.
>>
>>25094243
the major consensus seems to be "its very hard and you never stop learning and the first year or so you wont have any fucking idea what you're doing". you're literally the first person I've seen to say that its easy
>>
bump
>>
>>25093969
Were you the guy who posted about going to this training course a week or so ago? Don't worry man, you'll be fine. Trades are easy, just study and work hard. Even the dumbest of fucks will get through.
>>
>>25095022
yeah that was me
I'm worried about how physically weak I am, too
>>
>>25095027
If it's a training program you'll likely not have to do too much physical stuff. I went from being a lazy university student to landscaping when I graduated and unable to find a suitable job. The first two weeks are absolute hell as your body adjusts. I doubt yours will be that bad because it's a training program and not a real job yet.

Again, stop worrying. People switch careers all the time and have the same self doubts, worries, and anxiety. All you can do is try your honest best. You're a fucking man, the strength is in you somewhere, you just have to unlock it and face the challenges head on.
>>
>>25095295
I meant when the real job starts
I don't want to make it through school and then end up fired
you're right anon.
>>
>>25095301
Everyone has that fear when starting a new job/career. You just have to have the resolve that failure isn't an option. Learn as much as you can during training, don't be afraid to ask "stupid" questions, even if people laugh. Even if you get fired from your first job, just apply for another, and learn from your mistakes. If you take it seriously, learn what you need to learn, try your best, I doubt you will get fired from your first job. Trades aren't rocket science. You're not jumping into a fighter jet for your first time. You're not doing open heart surgery. Mistakes can be fixed. Having worked in the trades briefly and having been on job sites, believe me there are way bigger idiots than you doing more complicated things they shouldn't be doing.
>>
>>25095371
thank you for the encouragement. it means a lot
>>
>>25094371
>for the first year you wont know jack shit
This is true for any trade/career
>>
>>25094371
Well duh, you only learn with experience. Just don't fuck up electrical and pay attention. You just need experience. Can't egghead everything so don't overthink shit so hard.

I've had a million fuckers with me who could ace any test but couldn't figure out that all a unit would need is a blower wheel or the ignition was just bad. They didn't know how to cycle shit or look up info they didn't cram for some shitty test.

Field experience is something you just pick up over time. The tests themselves are boring xyz shit most of the time.
>>
>>25093969
Be diligent on reading the textbooks.
>>
>>25096380
>>25094243
Dunning-Krueger in action.
>>
>>25096591
You can say that all you want but I've seen enough people grab live lines palm first without checking and I'm here while they are on disability hurting.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.