[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 770.jpg (70 KB, 550x367)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
ITT, solve as many of /adv/'s problems as you can with a single piece of advice.

Go.
>>
Start lifting
>>
>>24920988
Stop caring
>>
kys, solution to all problems, permanent and temporary
>>
Get off 4chan.
>>
>>24920988
Keep your body and your living space scrupulously clean. Not just tidy, CLEAN.
>>
kill yourself.
>>
>get a job
>>
>"Go talk to them."

Whoever "them" is in the given scenario. 90% of /adv/'s issue would be solved by OP talking to the people they're posting about rather than to anons.
>>
File: declench.jpg (38 KB, 460x563)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>24920988
Try it for a month, and take it seriously. Worst case scenario, if it doesn't work out, you can spend a little time to figure out why, then make a new plan that accounts for those mistakes and works to address them.

Don't give up so easily, and just start if you haven't already. A beginner knows nothing and therefore all directions lead to improvement, or at least will quickly be instructive. Goal one should always be putting in enough time and effort to develop the basic habit, rather than worrying about using your time optimally.

Never' use "lack of knowledge needed to start" as an excuse - one hour of reading and watching Youtube videos on
>how to start doing X
and
>how not to hurt yourself or fuck up catastrophically while doing X
is more than enough for 99% of people to get started on 99% of skills. If you can't be assed to put in that hour of work without being told to do it, you never cared in the first place and not a single other piece of advice will EVER help you until you decide you care.

Make only one serious change at a time. The beginner mistake is to try to change 12 things at once. This will always overwhelm you and set you up for failure.

You can accomplish almost nothing today - but you can take steps that were you to keep doing them, in a year you'd be a very different person in a very different, better place. Same for two years - but that's enough time to change the world, too.
>>
Get a hair transplant or a hair system.
>>
>>24920988
All I know is that /adv/ DESPERATELY needs a "How to get a GF" sticky.
>>
Stop breaking the law
>>
>>24920988
heal your inner child
>>
Just because you can doesn't mean you should
>>
>>24920988
Don't fornicate.
Don't tolerate immorality in others, least of all family and friends.
And never assume morality is a zero-sum game. No, cheating on your partner because you're insecure about their ex doesn't make you "even". It just makes you a subhuman.
>>
>>24920988
nothing outside of yourself can help you. no amount of sunlight, weightlifting, nofap, self improvement, meditation etc will help you if you have trauma. no matter how much you clean your room or wash your penis it won't make any difference because if it did, if the problem were really so shallow that a simple change like that could fix it, then there would be no problem in the first place.

normal people can't understand trauma, they never have, and they never will. they just think everyone's problems are solvable through hard work and effort. and why wouldn't they? they're normal... they don't know what it's like to have your soul evacuated, your spirit crushed, your entire being destroyed, by something outside of your control, like childhood abuse. people think you're 'wallowing' or 'blaming the world' but they don't see your past, they don't see how many times you tried to take control of the abuse, to find backbone, to take responsibility, only to be crushed mercilessly by something you just. can't. control.
that concept is totally alien to most people. and they don't know how lucky they are.
>>
>>24921252
How does healing my inner child help me fix my fear of intimacy and sex and relationships in general?
>>
>>24920988
Ascend beyond this mortal coil
>>
Start meditating, understand yourself.
>>
File: 1631579742420.gif (3.25 MB, 400x400)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB GIF
Get the fuck out of trade labor. Everything there is about seniority. You'll meet all the dumb jocks who stayed dumb jocks and never went to college, and if you don't fit on they'll let you go for someone who's been there longer even if the other guy is a retard.

I work in mostly female office space.
I bet you, like many anons here, cannot conceive of that being possible from where you currenyly stand in life. Most are late 20s and some are very cute, I just went with my coworker to the Lindsey Sterling show and we had great time. If you're sharp you'll receive leadership training and your bosses will prep you for upper management. Learn to type and to use Microsoft Office.

Tradework is worth it if you come from an academic background. Only then will you be rich beyond your dreams but even so you'll be herding donkeys.

>tl;dr
Office/admin is under "o" in Craigslist. Not "l" for labor or "r" for retail/wholesale. The job of your dreams is literally at your fingertips but I guess some fathers teach their brats that it's not work unless you're sweating like a slave.
>>
Finish your degree.
>>
>>24920988
Make more money.
Yes, money isn't everything, but everything costs money.
If you have lots of money and aren't happy then either you don't have enough money to break yourself out of the cycle of doom cleanly.
[NOTE: I'm not saying money is a solution to all problems, but it's the solution to MOST]
>>24921030
>Go talk to the [people who can hire you]
How?
>>
>>24921713
*fit in
*currently
Fat-fingered it. My bad.

>>24921720
100% this too.
>>
>>24920988
take control of your own life.
>>
>>24921713
How the fuck do you get an office job. Most want an accounting degree or experience with payroll software.
>>
>>24921720
>>24921739
why?
>>
>>24921175
holy shit would we even still have a board's worth of threads if we did that?
>>
>>24920988
foster insanity
>>
It is not a sin to exist
>>
>>24920988
eat at least one tin of sardines a day
>>
>>24920988
Stop being a fucking cunt
>>
File: bogged.jpg (9 KB, 225x225)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Kill them all. The women, the children, everyone. They're animals, and they deserve to be slaughtered like animals. Show no mercy, no mercy will given to you. Leave no survivors. Activate it.
>>
If someone finding out makes you uncomfortable stop doing it.
>>
smoke weed everyday
>>
Just don’t have problems
>>
Openly masturbate on public transportation
>>
Don't make money but understand it as a tool. Also disrespect hoes and respect women.
>>
understand the self is an illusion, eliminate desire.

vast vast majority of problems here are unresolved desires leading to suffering or ego problems
>>
>>24920988

Go into hard sales as soon as you can (health insurance broker, ect). You will stop being a pussy very quickly.
>>
>>24920988
Don't listen to these losers, listen to your mom.
>>
remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets
>>
>>24923142

my advice: quit taking money from your parents asap.
>>
>>24921728
he talking about those relationship posts not job posts
>>
Penis enlargement surgery.
>>
>>24922883
But I'm an Amerimutt and don't have good public transit.
>>
Kill every nigger on Earth
>>
>>24920988
Good nutrition keeps hormonal, mental and emotional balance. Good exercise keeps the mind occupied and fed with positive stimuli and recreational reading helps you assess problems better and communicate more openly.
>>
File: 1620455733146.png (1.35 MB, 864x1080)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>24921175
This
#MODs please for the love of GOD put a sticky on how to get GF
>>
Be honest
Forget anyone who doesn't appreciate honesty

Listen to music
>>
>>24923525
Yes listening to music always lifts my spirit and brings me out of the hole
>Last night I dreamt
>That somebody loved me
>No hope, no harm
>Just another false alarm
>>
>>24920988
>solve as many of /adv/'s problems as you can with a single piece of advice.
Choose your emotions instead of leaving them on automatic. Choose your mindset instead of being an NPC.
>>
>>24921175
1. Be attractive
2. Don't be insecure, anxious, self-doubting, shy, reluctant, afraid, or feel bad about rejection
3. Develop hobbies and social circles which include females
4. Flirt with the females in ways that are charming.
>>
>>24920988
Figure out your REAL problems. most of the time, the things people complain about aren't the things they should be complaining about, just distractions to divert attention from the real issue.
When you figure that out, the more minor things could possibly fix themselves on their own.
>>
>>24923535
I'm sorry to pick on your post anon, but I just got to educate you poor souls
>mindset
Disregarded your astrology-tier trash.
"Mindset." "Manifesting." "Empowerment." Utterly useless impractical bullshit.
You can choose your emotional reactions, fine, but guess what? Still doesn't get you a job. You can have the mindset that you're going to renovate the bathroom, but it doesn't magically instill in you a functional understanding of how to apply grouting, of plumbing etc . You can think you're being smooth and 'chad' because you have the 'mindset' but still look like you're a fleshsuite being piloted by a tiny little alien unless you actually learn proper social graces - that's something that your attitude/mindset/cartesian theater can't magically change.
"Mindset" has never accompanied good advice.
Never.
>>
>>24923576
>When you figure that out, the more minor things could possibly fix themselves on their own.
My problem is I can't get a job.
So why hasn't it fixed itself yet despite months of applications getting knocked back or ignored? I hardly think that's some proxy of the real thing I should be complaining about.
>>
>>24923581
I suppose you do have a point, but you could at least be a happy incompetent faggot instead of a miserable incompetent faggot.
>>
>>24923588
I do have a point, a very good point.
>but you could at least be a happy incompetent faggot instead of a miserable incompetent faggot.
False dichotomy, you're implying the only options are to 1. stay miserable and do nothing about your situation, 2. not be miserable but still do nothing about your situation.
You're right about choosing to be happier, but that doesn't preclude doing something about your situation too. It should never be one-or-the-other, it should always be exercising the chance to do both affecting/changing your circumstances and affecting/changing your emotional dispositions to your general state and the short-term circumstantial reactions you have to events in your life. But if you think the second fixes the first, you're fucked.
>>
>>24920988
>solve as many of /adv/'s problems as you can with a single piece of advice.
Respond to the situation, not how you feel about the situation.
>>
>>24923604
Seems legit

>>24923629
Don't people do this by default? Do people not check if their feelings are valid before acting?
>>
>>24923581
are you seriously criticizing mindset when it's literally the parent of all practicality? do you seriously think "doing" comes first instead of mindset, intention, and all these things?
you don't deserve to have new insights if you come from this place anon lol you're not even gonna understand it.
>>
>>24923735
>are you seriously criticizing mindset when it's literally the parent of all practicality?
Mindset. And "manifesting". and "spirit" and "hashtag girlboss" all these fucking stupid phrases.
No it distracts you from practicality. It's a meaningless meme word that because it's so meaningless can mean anything. And that's dangerous because instead of actually pointing you to specific activities that can actually solve the very real problems you have, you instead spend all your time focusing on how you "feel".
>you don't deserve to have new insights if you come from this place anon lol you're not even gonna understand it.
No it's because you can't explain it - point to the physical and direct behaviour change. You won't you'll say "nah i wont' waste my time". Because it's a fucking stupid fucking meaningless word spouted by people who don't have solutions.
>>
>>24920988
Never visit 4chan again.
>>
>>24923748
you think there is no point in shifting mindset? then why would people go to therapy? then why are you here on /adv/ whining instead of submitting more applications? don't you need motivation or things making sense to do something? isn't that abstract motivation/meaning what you're searching for? that's literally the point.
you're not a robot of practicality, you're a dumb human in fact. just the fact that you want a job, for reasons that might not even be clear to you except that you're a normie who can't think out of the box, and you keep banging your head against a wall of impossibility and lack, shows you how much of a dumb human you are.
even a robot would realize "hm, my REAL problem is income... so i should focus my attention on all the other solutions i can find that are not a job but can fix the problem: income. then, maybe, we'll get back to 'job'."

and "mindset" isn't a meaningless word, it's pretty self-explanatory lol
>>
>>24923796
>you think there is no point in shifting mindset?
I said it's a meaningless word.
What is mindset "not" - what is something that's not "mindset"?
> then why would people go to therapy?
See what I mean, now you're expanding this nonsense vague word to encompass anything you fucking want.
>then why are you here on /adv/ whining instead of submitting more applications? don't you need motivation or things making sense to do something? isn't that abstract motivation/meaning what you're searching for? that's literally the point.
I don't understand... so the key to practical stuff is an indefinable abstract thing that is only the first step to completing a task but not the actual activity that completes the task?
What!?
>just the fact that you want a job, for reasons that might not even be clear to you except that you're a normie who can't think out of the box, and you keep banging your head against a wall of impossibility and lack, shows you how much of a dumb human you are.
And "mindset" magically fixes this. No.
So then what good is it? Nothing. It's a fucking duymb word and you're wasting your life if you're attaching so much importance on it.
You throw around the word "normie" so I bet you feel the same way about "rise and grind" or "being a boss" or other meaningless shit.
>>
Man up, and stop being a faggot.
>>
File: 1623495520568.jpg (9 KB, 250x205)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>24921503
Fucking this.
I need a drink.
>>
>>24920988
Imagine yourself in the future. What can you do today to make that guy's life better?
>>
File: WhyDoWeFallBruce.png (324 KB, 1280x720)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>24921503
>Because some problems can't be solved, my problems can't be solved
>Because sometimes it's not my fault, it is okay to wallow and stop trying
Some of us are saddled with traumas, have insurmountable problems that can't be fixed, did nothing wrong to get here, can't imagine a way out, and *STILL* fight every single fucking day to fix things, failing every goddamn day to do anything more than tread water. Each gasp of air is sweet.

>nothing outside of yourself can help you
This is true but your advice was to drown. So fuck you.
>>
Sex is really not that great
>>
>>24923142
me mom is a selfish abusive cunt and my father might as well not exist, please take your normie advice elsewhere
>>
>>24923671
>Don't people do this by default? Do people not check if their feelings are valid before acting?
Sometimes but almost never do they do it all the time. It can very difficult and subtle sometimes. Easy example is people angrily typing away at the computer for hours because there is another human being on the planet whose opinion differs from theirs.
Hard example. Do you treat your mother differently than other people? Why? Some people have compulsive reactions to their family based on history that they can't divest themselves from.

Resisting how you feel in order to respond to the actual situation can sometimes be life changing. A change of perspective can turn "Life sucks and I want to die." into "I don't currently have anything in my life that I am happy about." It makes it easier to take positive action.
>>
>>24925541
>>24923142
>>24925555
>Do you treat your mother differently than other people? Why? Some people have compulsive reactions to their family based on history that they can't divest themselves from.

Case in point
>>
You always choose to feel a certain way, even if you're unaware there is a choice. So take it easy on yourself and practice positivity. It doesn't mean your discontent is invalid, it's accepting that life is difficult and breaking through anyway. You are important and so are your feelings, but that means you should be kind to your mind.
>>
You can't solve anyone's problems with a single piece of advice, doubly so strangers on the internet.
>>
Prayer.
>>
>>24921175
What the world desperately needs is a sign on every block corner that says "women, you are not as hot as you think you are. Learn to settle."
>>
>>24920988
get adopted by rich parents
>>
There was always more dont take it for granted use it
>>
>>24920988
We are all going to die, so don’t have fear and enjoy life while you are here
>>
Make as many friends as you can, but don't trust them too much.
>>
>>24922025
A completed degree is greater than the sum of its classes. It proves you can stick with something to completion, especially your own development.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.