[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do you motivate someone to do something without coming off as a pushy asshole?
>>
>>24920956
If you're good at manipulation, you make it seem like it's their idea and then you play the supportive friend or whatever and "merely" encourage them to do what is totally /s their idea.
Yes, I've done it before ... I speak from experience.
>>
I personally do not push people to do things just because they usually have an endless list of excuses as to why they don't want to do it. All you can really do is open up the door for people and if they choose to go with it then it's on them. You can tell someone to quit smoking for years but they will only quit if they decide to.
>>
Different strokes different folks. Some people chaff at manipulation, even well intended manipulation
>>
>>24920956
if it's really important and the benefits to them are high enough, be a pushy asshole.
Be truly altruistic - don't worry about how you appear to them, worry about whether they do it or not.
>>24922496
this approach works, but it takes a long time because sometimes you can connect all the dots for them and they still can't see what form is makes
>>
Tell them not to do it. Unironicly read art of war
>>
>>24922878
I did, but all I learned from it was that you should keep hills to your right rear and occupy the sunny side. To startle flocks of birds when you ambush to create a greater sense of confusion .
Also avoid meeting an advancing army mid-stream, meet them at the bank.
inb4 "it's a metaphor man" - so is Ring a Ring o' Roses
>>
pay them well
>>
>>24920956
Read a book about manipulation. People generally wouldn't listen to advise unless you tricked them with their fantasy.
T. Got tricked by a Cult before
>>
>>24922961
Great advice to get women, desu
>>
>>24923739
So what are cults afraid of?
>>
>>24922496
What an asshole
>>
>>24923997
Nah, not really.
I manipulated a slut to stay in school and get her degree, she did.
Talked another one out of her attention seeking behavior (that she rewarded with her body).
Talked a couple of friends who got together on their own, out of a premature breakup because they were both talking but neither was listening.
I use my ability to do good, anon.
I realize the huge potential for it to be used selfishly, but that's not how I was raised.
Fwiw I do it that way, because "my people" are very prideful so it was important to them, forr any progress to be thought of as "theirs" and that they owe nothing to nobody,and quite frankly I didn't care to receive credit for it, I was coming out of a suicidal stage, and wanted to make a difference in people's lives, a positive difference.
The two sluts? They were hitting on me... it was the only way they knew how to interact with men, because that's what all the guys wanted from them. I showed them it's possible to spend time with a guy and not spread their legs for it.
But thanks for assuming I was selfish ... couldn't have been more wrong though.
>>
>>24920956
Just be a pushy asshole, if it's something they really need to do, being a pushy asshole is a good guy move. A lot of times, people are just too anxious or afraid to do a thing they know needs to be done and you being pushy can be a pep talk.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.