[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1626523410339.jpg (70 KB, 399x388)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
I'm the owner of a software business with about 30-40 employees. Recently, I found out that one of my employees has been having an affair with my wife. The employee has worked for me for four years. I felt like I was his mentor, since I recruited him straight from university, taught him the ropes, and promoted him to a leadership role for one of our main products.

My wife has since left me. I've spoken to him, and he says he's sorry about what's happened, but he's also not leaving. He says his relationship with my wife should not be a work matter, and he's put too much work into the company just to get fired just because I'm the boss.

I'm bitter and would like him to leave the company, but I'm also realistic. He has been an essential part of the company. He's the oldest employee that's still around, he knows the application inside out, and while I wouldn't say he's indispensable, he's close to it. At the same time, every time I see his face, I feel like that just kills me inside.

As his superior, what can I do in this situation? We're a close-knit bunch, but nobody knows about these personal issues at work. Right now, I'm acting as professionally as I can.
>>
You own the business. Get him out. No one is as replaceable as they say and he already shown how far his loyalty goes. If he could get away with it he'll try to fire you out to have more power. You made him so just create another replacement.

Sorry bro that's sick and awful.
>>
>>24617637
Give him a raise for overtime work.
>>
>>24617652
Adding - he didn't keep it professional either by going for a colleague's fucking wife
>>
>>24617637
Jesus Christ fire him for fucks sake. Don't just live with that shit. He can't tell you how you should be reacting to this situation that he helped cause. Fuck him.
>>
>>24617652
>>24617657
I live in the UK so you can't fire coworkers for no good reason and its not a sackable offense.
>>
>>24617637
Get rid of him.
>he says he's sorry about what's happened, but
He's not sorry. Note the word 'but'.
>he's also not leaving.
Does he decide this?
>He says his relationship with my wife should not be a work matter
But it is. Who the fuck cares what he says after what he pulled on you?

>he's put too much work into the company just to get fired
Then maybe he should have stayed away from the owner's wife, who took him in and helped him flat out.
> just because I'm the boss.
Just because? You're the fucking owner or are you not?
This is one damned ingrate of a snake. Who knows what else is going on that you don't know about right now. Who knows what those two planned behind your back. I'd say cut your losses and fire him on the spot, regardless of how "valuable" he is; he showed his value alright. But be sure to make it legal and smart. Consult your lawyer carefully first. Think it ahead.
>>
>>24617673
Demote him. Give him less responsibilities. Lower his pay. Move him to a useless department. Take away benefits. Don't include him in events. Etc.
>>
>>24617637
>I'm the owner of a software business with about 30-40 employees.
Wtf? Johnny big bucks here. You must be a multimillionaire, just divorce your wife and fire your employee.
>>
>>24617673
You can absolutely fire people for a good enough reason. Sleeping with the owner's wife is definitely a good enough reason. Find an employment lawyer/solicitor to make sure the knots are all tied. Fuck him.
>>
>>24617695
>>24617690
This must be a larp
>>
>>24617706
this thread must be a larp, unironically threads on here are on the edge of super larpdom

if this is rly not bait larp, then ffs fire this mf.
>>
Make him want to leave. Take away every benefit you legally can, give him the shit jobs and the shit hours. Ever seen Better Call Saul or Horrible Bosses? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uka17JlB81E

Call others who work with him into your office and claim someone (who clearly from the way you describe them is him) has been complaining about them. See to it food he brings to work goes missing. Implement new company policies which only negatively effect him. Make him work nights, saw his chair in such a way that it will break next time he sits in it. Switch out his desk with a series of smaller and smaller ones and see how long it takes him to notice. Put his phone number in the men's bathroom. Install an intense lamp directly in in his eyeline, do the same with windows/mirrors during the day so the sun is constantly in his eyes. Reveal embarrassing personal details of his sexual proclivities gleaned from your ex-wife. Give him a long, boring, meaningless assignment, then a couple nights before he's likely to finish delete the work from his computer so he has to start all over, then rub it in and complain about how he's slipping and has become sluggish and lazy. He wants to stay, you make staying less and less appealing to him.

Or just fire him. I'd suggest starting with giving him the offer to quit before leaving him no other choice.
>>
>>24617709
This.
>>
fire him for unacceptably bad conduct
>>
>>24617637
https://workplace.stackexchange.com/questions/7617/how-should-i-deal-with-an-employee-who-has-slept-with-my-wife
>>
>>24617637
Sleep with his mom. Tell him it is nothing personnel
>>
>>24617726
/thread.
>>
>>24617739
And OP is a fucking asshole.
>>
>>24617637
Lmao cuck, kys
>>
>>24617637
your wife slept with him and left you because she's a whore, not because this guy had magic seduction powers over her.
>>
>>24617637
>We're a close-knit bunch, but nobody knows about these personal issues at work
If you're a close knit bunch then yes they do. Get rid of him
>>
>be me
>pajeet coder horny 25/8
>i was about to finish university in burgerland and a fatman aproach me
>he said i have a cool github profile and wants me to work in his startup company
>i dont know much because all i did was copy/paste from stackoverflow but he wants to teach me anyway
>sometimes he leaves me at charge of the team and go to see a client
>one day suddenly i notice a good blonde 'murrican girl
>holy cow she is talking to me
>turn out she is the wife of my boss and is asking me where he is
>told her he went to see him because he doesnt answer the phone and today have some american family thing
>i dont know ma'am but you can come whenever you want i said
>FF a few weeks
>im just got promoted to a leadership role
>the lady still come from time in time turn out my boss is too busy with work and she feels lonely
>decide to bethray my boss and take advantage of the situation
>we agree to go out to my apartment and she shows me boobs and vagena
>start actually dating her after a while
>she leaves my boss and he now is aware and want to fire me
>it's almost my company now, it will i gonna take it the same way i took his wife because he dont gonna fire me
>american life is so easy i miss shit in the street
>>
>>24617637
Hmmm. Distract him with some razzle dazzle then find a replacement ASAP. Once you have a suitable candidate, FIRE HIM.
>>
>>24617767
of course everybody knows and they knew all along and its possible OPs slut wife fucked other employees. I would bet the wife and this "essential employee" have plans to take OPs company away from him
>>
>>24617819
>it's almost my company now, it will i gonna take it the same way i took his wife
Happening to OP right in front of his crying eyes
>>
>>24618000
... and kill him.
>>
>>24617637
>As his superior

That's funny tho
>>
>>24617637
>As his superior, what can I do in this situation?
Unless you want to find yourself on the wrong end of an industrial tribunal, not a damn thing. Let it go.
>>
What a completely weird and strange way of coping with your shitty office job by larping about pajeet and cuckold fantasies. You people are screwed up mentally.
>>
>>24618423
yeah like a slave owner after he finds out his wife is riding the big field buck
>>
>>24617637
Lower his pay
>>
>>24617637
Just fire him you fucking retard
>>
>>24617637
Fight him or fire him! Why are people in your field such bitches?!
>>
Pathetic. You should’ve beaten him half to death or killed him, but you’re too civilized for that so you should’ve just fired him, told him to get his shit, and had him arrested if he ever showed his face there again, obviously all behind closed doors as much as possible but you didn’t even do that. This is beyond pathetic. How can you pretend your anyone’s leader or mentor? Why would anyone want to learn from you? Learn what? How to have your wife stolen and put food on the guy’s table. Have some fucking respect for yourself and his ass immediately.
>>
File: dee.jpg (865 KB, 2544x4000)
865 KB
865 KB JPG
>He says his relationship with my wife should not be a work matter
No wonder he slept with your wife.
>>
>>24617637
Dude, find proof that he did and then have him leave his job himself so he doesnt' get unemployment benefits, tehn divorce your wife while accusing her of adultery. You'll get out with most eveyrthing and the employee won't be able to complain or be socially shunned.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.