[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20210720_053821.jpg (682 KB, 1080x1690)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
I'm a 19 year old female in Iraq, but being an adult here apparently means nothing if you're a female.

I was born into an abusive family with violent and controlling parents, it gets calmer if I listen to them but listening to them means: being forced to quit every job I find, being prohibited from going out with friends, not being able to even go to the damn gym and they won't let me move out even while I can afford it.
If anyone's wondering why, the law and the community is on their side, it's an Islamic country.

I considered just taking my passport and running away, but a female between the age of 12-40 can't travel/get a visa without the approval of a "guardian", even at fricking 40.

I also considered paying a friend to marry me just because then he would be my guardian and I'd be able to leave the country, but a female between the age of 12-40 can't get married without the approval of a guardian again.

I can't even apply for asylum or refugee status because they both would require leaving my home country first. I have no clue what to do, would appreciate any suggestions.
>>
>>24607214
>t and running away, but a female between the age of 12-40 can't travel/get a visa without the approval of a "guardian", even at fricking 40.
>I also considered paying a friend to marry me just because then he would be my guardian and I'd be able to leave the country, but a female between the age of 12-40 can't get married without the approval of a guardian again.
>I can't even apply for asylum or refugee status because they both would requ
well escaping to a country that treats refuge ok is a start but do your resarch which countries actually accept your situation
>>
Build a strong women's movement and change the laws of your country. Not joking.
>>
>a female between the age of 12-40 can't travel/get a visa without the approval of a "guardian"
What? Is it really that bad? Well I guess you better find a "guardian" lol. Who can qualify as a guardian? Like, only a parent, or what?
>>
>>24607214
>>24607220
>>24607224
>>24607269
By Allah be silent filthy whores giving women any rights period was the largest mistake in all humanity, period.
>>
Yeah, only a parent or a husband
>>
>>24607276
Shut up incel.
>>
>>24607297
Would it not be possible to convince your parents to help you "get out"? Also what would happen if you're under 40 and your parents die? Are you stuck being unable to marry or leave the country until you're 40+?
>>
>>24607321 #
My parents are the issue, anon. There's no way I can convince them.
And I get another guardian if my parents die, if not my dad my uncle, if not my unlce my grandpa, etc.
>>
>>24607214
You're either gonna need help from a humanitarian organization and change country/seek asylum or try to live your life and be ostrazied publicly for it. That's the problem with traditionalism, really; it stopgaps progress and change of any kind.
maybe pretend you have found a guy you like and you can explain escapades that way, or find a man who won't mind being your scapegoat, although that can backfire.
>>
>>24607214
Try to ask for asylum in embassy of other countries or some shit
>>
Can't you turn to churches for help? Christianity is allowed over there, maybe they could help shelter you.
>>
>>24607214
seduce an american man online and et him to marry you so you can leave. Convince him to fake convert for you so your family is ok wit it.

Actually, come to think of it, doesn't need to be american. could be any western country
>>
I am Moroccan. We have retarded laws like these but not nearly as bad. Find a Moroccan guy to marry and immigrate to Morocco. It's a still shit country but at least you will be able to maintain a decent relationship with your family since you'll be marrying a Muslim (he only needs to pretend) and be in a Muslim country. The question is, are you pretty?
>>
>>24607769
just noticed I capitalized all the "M"s like a retard. My gf is american but has a Pakistani step-dad who raised her, so I can empathize with your situation. A lot of guys would actually. I would have helped you if I was writing this 3 years in the future but I'm a fresh graduate so I have to help myself first.
>>
>>24607214
based Iraq
stfu and stay home
>>
I would marry you but I am a girl
>>
>>24607214
Take a boat into the Mediterranean, see you in Italy.
>>
>>24607214
so much for all the retards spamming islam shit on 4chan

islam is literal rape cancer ideology
>>
An Iraqi poster here.
Shut the fuck up whore. Stop pushing the narrative that Iraq is an Afghani-like burka dystopia. 99% of Iraqi families treat girls objectively normal for a middle eastern society, even progressive. Most Iraqi girls receive extremely privileged treatment and only marry well-established men with good incomes.
Any Iraqi woman who contests the societal treatment of women is just a closeted whore incapable of pursuing her dreams of drowning in dicks.
Your dad calls you an asshole? Was your oldest brother mean to you? Who gives a fuck? Once you get married, you'll only see them on occasion. Most Iraqi men treat their women like queens, and sadly a lot of Iraqi women are increasingly becoming WH0RES.
Stay in line, bitch.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11aWa9FSNYQ
Average Iraqi women. Don't believe this bitch. Trust me, she just needs a pass to be a dick chugging WHORE.
>>
>>24607214
stfu and stay home
unironically
>>
>>24607214
Sorry, I can't abuse the institution of marriage in this way. Pack your shit and start waking, you got a though road ahead.
>>
>>24607214
Convert to Christianity and claim asylum in a European embassy on religious grounds. Say your family/community will kill you for becoming kuffar.
>>
>>24608514
I don´t understand a word but I can tell they´re whores. You need to get your women under control down there
>>
>>24608557
No, oppressing whores turn them into chameleons. When they're allowed to publicly show themselves, they mark themselves out. I know who not to marry.
>>
>>24608561
You don´t understand. whorism is like a virus. It spreads until there are only whores left. You have to exterminate it as long as it hasn´t taken over
>>
>>24608573
Not my problem. These whores are the responsibility of their mom and dad, not me.
Also with the country's state of decay because of war, social cohesion is bound to be hit. These whores are not the product of whim, they're the product of a fractured wartorn society.
>>
>>24608496
Who the fuck do you think you're calling a whore you shortsighted incel? I did not push no narrative, I only spoke for myself when it comes to my family conditions, and the laws are officially there I did not make them up, go look it up. If you're offended by the laws that ACTUALLY exist, that's your problem. 99% of families? Where the fuck are you living? What about all the girls that get forced to married? Or the girls who get killed because they don't bleed when they first have sex? Or the girls who get beaten up because they're caught talking to a male? Or the girls who can't marry a person they love because they're sunni and they're shia? Who the fuck are you talking about lmfao? "Well-established men with good income" nothing fucked us up more than you ignorant folk thinking that a man is measured solely through his income.
I am fully capable of drowning in dick btw, I've had multiple opportunities and turned them down, and if you think for a second that any vagina owner doesn't have the choice to drown in dick then you're truly daft. But unlike you, some of us don't give a shit about sex and we just wanna be able to go on a morning walk, so stop projecting your insecurities.
It's people like you who end up never pleasing their wives cuz they think bringing them money is "queen treatment".
>>
Another insecure incel how cute

As for everyone else, thanks a lot for your suggestions guys, I'll look into the church solution <3
>>
>>24608877
I know better than to wed a whore with a chronic sense of entitlement and over inflated ego. I would give more and receive less.
You might scam an oblivious shortsighted westerner with your sob story but you'll never get past my hoe detector that comes with street smarts
Feminism will never be normal here in the Middle East. Deal with it, feministo.
>>
Well, wish you luck buddy. Hope you find the 9 year old of your dreams. <3
>>
>>24608971
Hope you find your betabux to get a green card from, whore <3
>>
>>24607214
Is it real abuse like drawing blood or other tortures, or is it "they made me quit my job and slap me when I showed outward signs of defiance" abuse?

I don't doubt your story, but if it's mere physical correction and a feeling of slavery, I think you shouldn't be so quick to flee your parents. Tell me more.
>>
>>24607214
Look, if you want out what you got for me. I'm in the west where you could have rights, but I've been fucked over enough saving girls, so no humanitarian efforts, it has to be a trade. Do what you got?
>>
>>24609061
I've tried both. Though if I'm being honest the drawing blood thing only happens once I start asking to be allowed to have a job/do daily things.

I understand where you're coming from, and I don't know how I might've came off but I would love it more than anything if I can get their approval and watch them be proud of me while I get to higher places in life. I don't hate them at all, specially not my mom, she's my favorite person. And I do understand where they're coming from even if it's a little twisted, I know this might be the only way my dad knows how to love and I'm not blaming him for adapting to his environment, but I can't handle it, anon.

I graduated top of my class and I don't wanna sound egoistic but I genuinely have so much potential and so many things to offer to my field, and I'm tired of watching my years go buy while I have achieved literally nothing worth mentioning other than the basic graduate hs get into a great uni typa stuff.

If you have a different opinion/if you think I should sit still, please be my guest, I'm open to any objection as long as it's offered respectfully.
>>
>>24609147
If you're telling me that you bleed when they strike you, then you need to flee. Maybe not right away, there is a time and a place for everything under the sun. So be a good slave and wait. But look to God for instruction, I'm sure you will see the signs.
>>
>>24609147
Different anon here, do you know what oppression the progenitors of modern science endured?! They did it by themselves so you should to or you don't believe what you say. If you want some western guy to rescue you then sex, children, cooking, and cleaning better be on the table otherwise you're just using good people for your own selfishness.
>>
>>24607214
Your best shot is to try to get a job internationally that'll keep you for the naturalization process, to find a man internationally to convince your parents to let you leave the country and who can sponsor you for permanent citizenship, or to try to get a college education in a western country then do the above and get a work visa followed by citizenship.

To do these has the benefit that they would require you to get a visa/passport, after which you can emigrate MUCH more easily, would potentially make it possible to get a job in another country, would make applying for asylum in primo countries much, much easier, and would dramatically increase your options once you have both in hand.

If the above primo options are off the table, something you can also try if you just want to get away from your family is traveling to countries that don't have a visa requirement for an Iraqi citizens and then requesting asylum for refugee status, with intent to nationalize. Being away from your family would make this much easier and would dramatically increase your freedom, if you have funds for travel. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Iraqi_citizens#Visa_requirements for rules

Your choices to do this of countries that don't have asylum requirements would be
>Dominica
>Haiti
>Malaysia
>The Maldives
>Micronesia
>Palau
>Seychelles
These countries' kinda suck, but they'll take you. Dominica even has a deal where for 100k, they just straight up will make you a citizen. I don't know how feasible it is for a woman to save that kind of money in Iraq, but if you're looking for a way out, they've got A deal, even if it's a bad deal.
>>
>>24609173
I get what you're saying and I was not asking for a man's help, anon. I wanted suggestions for things I can do on my own, school/work related for an example.
>>
>>24609191
This was honestly the most helpful response so far, thank you so much for taking your time to write this out. I'll check the countries out, I think I can manage a few months on my own. Thank you again, anon. <3
>>
>>24607214
can your parents force you to marry?
>>
>>24609201
Then I told you, put necessary items in a bag and get walking. You act like this is complex. It May be tough but it's simple. If you want the freedom you desperately crave you must risk everything, even your life. If possibly dying is too frightening you didn't actually want it.
>>
>>24607214
You should probably run away that sounds really really bad. Normally I'm all about family and culture, but it sounds like you have to be a third class citizen. Time to find a new family.
>>
>>24607214
wait you live in a shithole
just bribe an official
find some org that has members who will be actors for your visa guardian requirement
>>
>>24607276
Based, Jesus is God tho
>>
>>24607214
>I also considered paying a friend to marry me just because then he would be my guardian and I'd be able to leave the country, but a female between the age of 12-40 can't get married without the approval of a guardian again.
If you were to tell your parents that your friend has made you pregnant and wants to marry you, they'd have to give their permission then, right?
>>
>>24608956
They won't even let her go to the gym. This is a bit too much.
OP, try marrying a somewhat open minded iraqi man living in a liberal iraqi town, if that exists. That, or just a liberal muslim foreigner. Your parents will accept him. You won't get the full freedom western whores have, but you'll get to have fun safely without pressure.
>>
>>24607214
So based holy shit
>>
>>24607214
ابعتيلي صور رجلك مشان اقرر اذا حتجوزك ولا لا
>>
teenage females are pretty dumb

their thoughts and actions need to be viewed through that lens

that is all
>>
>>24608956
Arabs are always based. Don’t listen to the racist islamophobie bigots who can’t accept other cultures here
>>
>>24610473
>shit middle east country with no good healthcare
>going to public gyms in a shit middle east country
>during a pandemic

either home gym master race or calisthenics at home
>>
>>24609425
How is allah and god not the same thing?????????
>>
>>24609425
Allah is the Arabic word for God my guy
>>
Holy shit, reading the sandnigger comments here makes everything that happens in the middle east make sense.
They are mentally deficient, always angry at the mere thought of someone straying away from their child raping religion. No wonder they can't have peace.
>>
>>24608877
>you shortsighted incel
Name calling.... Your argument are invalid
>>
>>24607214
There are ex-muslim organizations that could help with this. Spread it loud and clear to the world that Islam is the enemy of all their progressive bullshit.
>>
>>24614944
>Someone insults you
>Insult back
>Wow..an insult? Really? How childish
Can't argue with faggots these days, they read the word incel and their brains immidiately shit themselves.
>>
>nooooo I can't whore around
lel sorry maybe you should focus on being a good wife as god intended k thanks bye
>>
>>24607214
>but a female between the age of 12-40 can't travel/get a visa without the approval of a "guardian", even at fricking 40.

isnt that only true if the country your're trying to goto is also an islamic state? The visa is issued by the place you go, not come from.

where are you trying to get to?
>>
op, come to brazil.
>>
Women deserve to be put in check.

They will always ruin societies and civilizations otherwise.
>>
>>24616298
it's almost as if these poeple only want to be able to insult and belittle people endlessly without being criticized in return.
>>
>>24607214
Do you have any friends you can actually trust that would not turn coat if you get married?
>>
>>24607214
>being forced to quit every job I find
can you give examples of these jobs?
>being prohibited from going out with friends
Where are your friends going?
>being able to even go to the damn gym
what will you wear in the gym?
>they won't let me move out even while I can afford it
I think your family is worried you'll sexually harrass men over there to the point of a beating and getting raped. In the West men are fine with getting sexually harrassed constantly by exihibist women, but in Iraq they might be a bit more third world like.
>>
>>24608496
American here, combat veteran of OIF. I sincerely hope I killed someone close to you.
>>
>>24618048
>American here, combat veteran
How many dicks did your wife take while you were deployed lmao.
>>
>nooo I can't 9 to 5 every day of the week, my parents want to take care of me :((((
>nooo I can't sexually harrass and frustrate men by being an exhibist at bars and discos
>nooo I cant work out at home it has to be in a gym with sweaty men and tight sweat pants
>nooo they wont kick me out and let me blow money on a home to live alone instead of with my family
Women are truly a mystery
>>
>>24618055
I wasn't married at the time.
>>
Flee to Iran during Ashoora-Tasooa, at the time the borders are wide open and there is chaos everywhere. Then flee to turkey. then whatever, I don't know the rest.
>>
>>24607214
>My country is "sexist"
Nah, your country treats women just right.
>>
>>24607214
jesus didn't we fix your shitty government? this is the crap my tax dollars were paying for
>>
>>24607769
La azbi
>>
>>24607742
>Convince him to fake convert for you so your family is ok wit it.
you're a retard if you think that'd work
>>
>>24607214
>I also considered paying a friend to marry me
larping, why would you have any relevant

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.