[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anyone had any experience with reducing procrastination and becoming more productive? Not in the bugman-esque way of watching anime in 3x speed in order to squeeze in more time coding or whatever, but actually being able to focus on tasks for extended periods of time. I’m in my first year of higher education now, and on the verge of failing because I just can’t bring myself to revise or complete assignments on time. It’s been this way since grade school, but I’ve been able to coast through with a decent level of intelligence so far. Obviously this won’t pan out well in college so some tips would be appreciated fellow anons.
>>
>>24090518
Cocaine.

If you don't have the balls, steal some ADHD kid's medication.

If you can't even do that, drink coffe or something.
>>
>>24090616
Kek I’ll stick with coffee
>>
bump
>>
last and final boooomp
>>
>>24090518
What usually distracts you from completing your shit?
>>
>>24092125
Shortened attention span really. I’m gonna have to start leaving my devices in other rooms when I’m studying I think.
>>
>>24092160
You're just stupid I think. Drop out immediately and save yourself the money and lost time building up a work history. You're going to end up dropping out anyways.
>>
>>24092200
Uni is practically free in my country so no. I think I’ll just spend the summer catching up.
>>
try to get ADHD diagnosis and meds and read ADHD coping mechanisms

you're just wasting your own time without them
>>
>>24092160
>I’m gonna have to start leaving my devices in other rooms
Based on this I assume your procrastination happens on impulse. Like you're working and then you just reflexively open a new tab with 4chan or check your phone, sometimes without even realizing it probably until you're few minutes in wasting your time. Right?
>>
>>24090518
You have to figure out if your procrastination is fear based (anxiety over the exams, fear that you're not in the right major, inability to start, perfectionism etc) or boredom based (you would rather do something else, not "anything but studying please not studying I would rather clean my entire room" but "wow 4chan is really entertaining and stimulates my brain it's better than studying").
Once you've figured that out you can start fixing it. If the problem is anxiety or related you need to have more "holistic" solutions that involve changing your perception of what you're doing. If the problem is boredom based you need to train yourself to do the work and handle more and more concentration as time progresses. Pomodoro method is the classic way of accomplishing this.
>>
>>24090518
Exercise, DO NOT DO DRUGS IT'S A TRAP
>>
>>24092234
>>24092246
Yeah it’s a bit of both really. I’ll definitely try the pomodoro method, thanks anons.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.