[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1620087758609.png (988 KB, 858x1200)
988 KB
988 KB PNG
Is there a point in marrying anymore?
>>
>>24087363
Assuming you're a guy because the answer is pretty obvious for women.
Unless you're actual nobility or obscenely rich, what the fuck kind of woman would consent to having children with you without a marriage contract?
I don't think "is there a point" is the correct question. It's more like, can you get away with not doing it? You probably can't.
>>
>>24087363
No. Western society is a shithole and you're better off living for yourself. What are you going to do, marry? Have your kids get fucking brainwashed by trannies and fags online? No thanks. Until these people are sent to their deaths I find the prospect of "settling down" retarded.
>>
>>24087363
Yes.

The degredation of western society is incomplete.
Marriage is a sacrament.
It's your job to oppose the degeneracy, and fulfill your duty if you can
>>
>>24087363
Follow your heart, OP.
>>
>>24087363
If you mean getting a trad wife?
Sure.
But in reality, you're probably getting roastie pregnant with a kid that's not yours.
>>
>>24087363
Ur a talent? U do shows live?
>>
>>24087363
Yes, starting a family is fun and fulfilling. Having a wife is extremely nice. She cooks, cleans, and bangs. Her family and mine are both stable and wealthy. We help eachother during hard times. All successful people that I know are married.

It is not perfect. Divorce is real. But if you really want to compare marriage vs nonmarriage look at the degradation of the black community. It seems directly tied to the failure of marriage and a strong parental system.

For a more personal reason, having someone else you go through life with is invaluable. People who shittalk marriage are the failures. I found success and my soulmate. Get fucked incels.
>>
>>24087428
>having sex with your wife is your good boy token
>>
>>24087432
>dying alone is your good boy token
>>
>>24087363
Not much anymore with modern women. Don't think a prenup will save you either, all she has to say is she felt "coerced" into signing it and she still takes your stuff.
>>
>>24087363
No meme answer here
Married for 10 years and we dated for 8 years previous to that for a total of 18 years.
Seen many other friends relationship come and go during the years

Basically it all comes down to a long term commitment with another human being to build stuff together (mainly a family). In our modern society there are many other ways, including formal and legal, to seal that commitment outside of marriage.
Depending on the country you live in marriage is usually the most protective and comprehensive though.

I honestly believe it's more of a technical formality and an excuse for some ceremonial and parties on the very day, and not an end in itself. The commitment hast to exist prior to that, it's just the state way of officially recognizing it and formally announcing it to the world. It protects your spouse and your common estate, facilitate filiation or adoption etc.

Spending the rest of your life with the same person, especially considering you probably do it in your twenties and then proceed to live 40-60 years together, is fucking intense.
You and your partner will change, and sometimes not in the same direction. Some drastic event can shuffle everything like the death of an infant or some long term illness.
But most modern marriage fail because people aren't ready for it, aren't serious enough and also have dumb ideas about relationships and love.
A lifelong commitment strives on compromise, communication, empathy and a shitload of work. You have to deliberately make efforts and look for solutions, accept some frustration and be willing to change.
Your spouse is the biggest and most important friendship of your life. It won't always be easy and even in the best friendship there can be some tensions or being out of sync.

Obviously I believe it's all worth it, the mere process and ceremony was emotional and a lot of great memories. It's a cute moment to bring together families and all the people that love you.
>Cont
>>
>>24087464
>Cont
Also to be fair you get off a lot of social pressure and make your relatives happy. Same for administration's and paperwork It's easier when you fit in the system albeit never an end in itself

Having a person you can depend on no matter what is absolutely awesome. Takes a lot of pressure of your shoulder knowing someone has your back. Of course you are actively working taking pressure of their shoulders but it's not the same.
You have a confident for the dark stuff and the dumb gossip, a best bro to be dumb with, a business partner to plan the future of your finances with etc. etc. All in the same person, that also happens to blow you if you are lucky.
>>
>>24087464
>you probably do it in your twenties
So marrying in 30s or 40s isn't good idea?
>>
>>24087522
not really. you're setting yourself up for divorce.
>>
>>24087522
Definitely not related, I was just comparing the average age of marrying with the intended duration. In nearly all cases you are signing up for something that will last way more than what you have lived up to this point.
I'd say as a general idea I'd believe that someone with more experience would be better at knowing what they want
>>
>>24087537
>you're setting yourself up for divorce.
why?
>>
File: 1615607139387.png (54 KB, 515x367)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>24087428
>>24087464
>>24087520
>>
>>24087399
>>24087400
>>24087411
Go back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>24087610
I don't browse /pol/. It would behoove you to stop letting shitposting teenagers on a Mongolian ice fishing forum live rent-free in your head.
>>
>>24087363
There are certain tax advantages. For example, I'll definitely have to marry my partner at some point, because the house is in my name. If I don't marry her then, when I die, she'll have to pay inheritance tax on the house (meaning she'll have to sell it to cover the cost and end up homeless).
>>
>>24087363
Is it worth it getting married past your 30s?
I mean you missed the good sex in 20s.
>>
File: Is polygamy legal.jpg (42 KB, 638x161)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>24087363

Is it because they pirated the wedding song on the internet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tDYMayp6Dk

You don't have to get married to listed to it....
>>
>>24089062
Soon she’ll figure out that she can get the house quicker if she divorce rapes you, she probably already knows that desu. If you marry, you are bringing misery upon yourself
>>
File: 1598622221843.png (3.36 MB, 2760x1710)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB PNG
>>24087610
Oh come on, a nice pure wife was always the goal and the reality is most women suck as much as we do.
>>
>>24087610
>Go back to >>>/pol/
>implying there is any lie in what the anons said
I wish I was this brainwashed. Seems to be blissful ignorance
>>
>>24089872
>most women suck as much as we do
Women suck more, ask your wife for sex, see how does she reply.
>>
>>24089238
This. I can't even blame women at this point. I dunno if I would be able to resist half another person's net worth just by saying "I just don't feel the same way I did, baby"
>>
>>24087428
>People who shittalk marriage are the failures.
So the men saying their lives got nearly/completely ruined because of a divorce on a bitch's whim are the failures?
>b-but if you both BEElieve the marriage will work, it will :D
The cost of failure(aka a woman wanting to divorce based on feelsies) is way too much. Fuck that
>>
>>24087610
>marriage is /pol/
>>
>>24087363
If you're a woman then yes, if you're a man then no
>>
>>24090148
So women should marry women?
>>
As a man in the west obviously not unless you're incredibly lucky or in some secluded religious community.
But if you want marriage as a man, you were mislead. You probably see all the degeneracy and think it's better to just commit to one higher quality girl. And while the sentiment makes sense, the unfortunate reality is that if men hand out commitment without getting something equal in return it doesn't function as an institution. Marriage doesn't actually mean anything now and the problem is much deeper. Relations between men and women have totally been destroyed. You're best option is to find a kind girl and keep her entertained with the prospect of marriage but delay it as long as you can fool her. Do the same with future goals of hers.
>>
>>24090176
>the problem is much deeper
In what way?
>>
>>24090229
There's no way I can describe it all or even close but at a deep level men are women aren't easily compatible. Our deepest interests conflict, men as friends can have common goals and not really step on each other's toes. Add women to the mix and there is now competition for status, sexual acess. Women can steal men from other women, they can distract men. The man might want sex but she wants something more. All it leads to is trouble, the only way out in that situation is to not invest much and only involve yourself for sex.
Contrary to notions of traditional marriage being backwards and oppressive, it was actually a progressive idea in the respect of taming ourselves. We divided men and women and paired them up with a mutual goal, in an environment where they can be safe and better each other. Other societies were even more patriarchal and supressed women even more. This worked well to create strong men. But now all these customs are broken, there's no expectation or goal. Many men only marry because they've been brainwashed into it or forced by their girl who will dominate him.
>>
>>24090322
>Other societies were even more patriarchal and supressed women even more
So ISIS is into something?
>>
>>24090371
Sort of but the middle east in general isn't that great. If you have to restrict women so harshly you don't have very good women now do you?
I think Christian marriage was allright, maybe a bit too linient with women but it was stable for quite a while. We're headed for ruin now.
>>
File: rrLe3192.jpg (364 KB, 1223x1541)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
If your wife was a virgin when you met her, yes.
Otherwise, the odds of divorce are too high.
>>
>>24090558
The sexually transmitted one was sort of a given anon unless you are in Africa.
>>
>>24090558
>If your wife was a virgin
How to make sure anymore?
>>
>>24090371
Not really. It's like asking "does a flood quench your thirst?" Of course it can, but at what cost of the destruction. The middle east might have their women on a tighter leash, sure but the men AND women are miserable as fuck
>>
>>24090558
>mom, I posted it again!
>>
>>24090622
roasties mad KEK
>>
Op, if you have to ask that on an anon image board then the answer is NO.
>>
>>24087389
This. Why should woman settle down and have kids without a guarentee?
>>
>>24087428
All well and good until she cucks you, divorce rapes you, and takes your kids. Your tears will be delicious then.
>>
>>24090588
>you can have 4 wives and whatever sex slaves you want
>you have to shoot some people and maybe explode at some point
Seems like equivalent exchange.
>>
>>24087436
You could die alone too, you just haven't realized that possibility (not OP btw)
>>
>>24090168
No, smart women marry dumb suckers. Smart men marry good women. There aren't many but they exist.
>>
>>24090558
You do understand why that chart is a meme right? Top right graph. Read their definitions and what they are actually measuring.
>>
>>24092181
Of women over the age of 30, those with the fewest prior sexual partners had the most stable marriages.
What is there to understand? The stats are from the CDC so the sample size was likely huge.
>>
>>24092203
Lol, yeah, that’s what I thought. You literally don’t understand the chart. Reread what is actually being measured as per the definition and try again.
>>
>>24092203
Isn't this because they have no sexual confidence?
That's why they stay with the same man?
>>
>>24087363
Yup. If you want to.
>>
>>24092227
>Women who had more non-marital sex partners were less likely to have stable marriages.
What am I missing here? That's a literal quote from the study. What other conclusion could you come to?
The sample includes all non-virgin women who are 30+, including those who were virgins before they got married.
Out of those, the women who had a higher number count were less likely to have a stable marriage. That is to say, if you have a bigger sexual history, the chances are that you were not married but rather divorced at the time of the study.
>>
>>24092285
I doubt it. Unless a woman is a real fucking uggo, she doesn’t question whether men desire her, she just assumes it
>>
>>24092468
correlation vs causation
if a woman has divorced and had many partners - that doesnt mean the her sexual deviancy caused the fail of her marriage. Perhaps she was virgin till marriage, then divorced and then became a whore.
>>
>>24092468
>>24090558
>>24092181
Also, as a side note, for the bottom 2 charts you could argue that the unhappiness/depression might be due to age. Seeing as older people are more likely to have higher previous partner counts than younger people (seeing as they've had a longer time to have more partners, also previous generations were more sexually active than current ones), if the elderly had a high rate of depression/unhappiness, then this would explain it.
But the elderly consistently score the best in terms of happiness/depression.
So this solidifies that more past sexual partners equates to lower levels of happiness.
>>
>>24092468
The actual, correct way to phrase their supposed conclusion would be something like

>sexually active women aged 30+ who have been married for 5 years or more are more likely to have fewer sexual partners.

AKA “if you’ve been married to one person for a good chunk of your sexually active life, you have less sexual partners”, AKA no fucking shit.

If you are depending on the writers of a study to spoonfeed you conclusions when you can view the data yourself then you are an actual NPC.

Link the study so I can tear it apart. I have zero doubt their methodology is garbage. Zero.
>>
>>24092468
Does this mean they're not satisfied with small dick?
>>
>>24092567
Ugh r*ddit is being particularly stinky today
>>
>>24092538
>Perhaps she was virgin till marriage, then divorced and then became a whore.
That's hot.
>>
>>24092538
>correlation vs causation
I hate when people say this as if you can just refute literally any study that you don't like just by saying it.
If I marry a woman that has had 16 previous partners, my chance of a sexual marriage is 17.80%. It doesn't matter if it's the direct cause or some external factor that is causing both her to sleep around and the marriage to fail. It should still be considered as a HUGE red flag.
If women with green eyes had a 400% increased chance of divorce, it should still be considered to be a red flag even if I don't understand why green eyes increase divorce rates. It would be perfectly logical to avoid green eyed women.
>>24092567
>Link the study so I can tear it apart. I have zero doubt their methodology is garbage. Zero.
They use CDC data so it isn't theirs. They just interpret the data. Here is the study: https://s3.amazonaws.com/thf_media/2003/pdf/Bookofcharts.pdf
>>
>>24092630
>my chance of a sexual marriage is 17.80%
successful*
>>
>>24092567
roasties pls go
>>
File: 1618142459154.jpg (293 KB, 899x974)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
WHY does every thread have to be about freaking virginity. I'm a strict, celibate catholic and expect a woman to be one as well before I'd even consider a relationship with her, and I would shun a non virgin much like most of you schizos here, but I don't talk about this shit in every damn thread on this board. And now we even have plebbit white knights fighting over this, right in this thread. Can you fuckers just come to a conclusion and be over with it? Sexual morality is a personal choice and you don't need to preach it or start fights over it. It makes no sense to even convince randoms about the benefits or virginity based on statistics or what not, people will do what they feel anyway. Just cut it out with this virginity talks, I'm starting to sympathize with those who slander "incels".
>>
>>24092630
>They use CDC data so it isn't theirs. They just interpret the data. Here is the study:

Cool, that makes it even easier.

When the CDC asks for a number of sexual partners and whether or not you are divorced, do they distinguish between pre and post marital sexual partners? No, they don’t. Do they ask what caused the divorce? Doubt it. Do they verify it? Definitely not. If a woman fucks 37 guys, gets married, is loyal and the guy cheats on her, isn’t it stupid to claim that her being a skank is the reason they divorced?

Also, looking at their graph, they would include women who have never been married. You notice they do not explicitly say it is divorced/married. Why would you include women who have never been married in a chart about marriage stability, especially after defining it in a meme way? Almost as though there is a bias.

Last, why isn’t religiosity controlled for?

>>24092598
Cope retard
>>
>>24092630
That's because studies aren't proof that something is 100% true, they're studies. They're not supposed to be 100% true, many are biased and they should be looked at with skepticism.
>>
>>24092701
>>24092697
I deal with enough anti-science people on 4chan.
Your opinions should be disregarded along with the flat earthers and anti-vaxxers.
>>
>>24092710
>I am angry that someone pointed out the methodology of my pet study is hot garbage
>AdHom.exe

Imagine my shock.
>>
>>24092722
Your arguments are reaching. What's more likely:
-that women who are recently divorced always go on to fuck a bunch of dudes and THAT'S why divorce rates are so high.
-that women who are far more statistically likely to be depressed/unhappy/disease ridden due to a large number of past sexual partners are also more likely to lack the ability to pair-bond.
>>
>>24090558
The stats don't matter. You shouldn't marry a non-virgin because that's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>24092538
Wouldn't the data be offset by women who slept around but then went on to have a successful marriage?
>>
>>24092814
It would IF the women who slept around a lot actually had successful marriages.
>>
>>24092814
/thread
>>
>>24087363
If you don't want to be a miserable old bachelor then yes
>>
>>24087363
With marriage comes companionship that you won't find elsewhere.
Bachelor life is only good if you can get consistently laid by various women, which most men can't do.
But yes as others have suggested try to marry a virgin
>>
>>24093332
>tons of money
>plenty of free time to perfect hobbies
>can better yourself and get sex from hookers, bar sluts, or tinder
>can maintain friendships and social groups
Doesn’t seem that bad honestly.
>>
>>24093845
>get sex from hookers, bar sluts, or tinder
Just buy onahole.
>>
>>24093877
>Just buy onahole.
marry a rich girl
>>
>>24093845
>can better yourself and get sex from hookers
How expensive are hookers?
>>
>>24095024
200$ for a night.
>>
I don't anymore.

This world is insane today.
>>
>>24090322
>>24090176
what if you marry a girl from a village in a religious country? would she become an american sloot once she lives here for a while? or once you learn values your stuck in your ways?
>>
>>24090581
get her as young as legally possible
>>
I find it sad that you young men think living with a woman is so terrible. I'll be most of you come from broken homes because it shows.
>>
>>24092227
Haha I remember that faggot from /ATOGA/, he got btfo there too. Fucking idiot, lol.
>>
>>24095024
Cheaper than wives, weddings and definitely divorces.
>>
>>24095894
The average modern woman simply isn't raised to be a traditional wife, its only natural Men would begin to respond by walking away from being traditional husbands.

We don't want equal partners (aka roommate relationships), we don't want the power couple fantasy, we want a wife we can come home to.
>>
>>24095894
or they grew up in a time when more young women stayed at home raised kids as house wives and now live in a time where that isn't possible. they could do that but have to wait until she's 30-35+ and done "finding herself" by sleeping with as many men as possble
>>
>>24090684

Literally everything about that sounds good to me.
>>
>>24087399
>No point. Just give up, goy.
>>
>>24095626
It can go both ways but be very careful.
>>
>>24087363
Imagine even Bezos and Gates couldn't hold their wifes
>>
>>24087363
Marriage is a sacrament instituted by God and the only morally sanctioned way to have sex and raise children, i.e. start a family. There will always be a point in marrying someone.
>>
>>24087363
No.
>>
>>24087610
Moron.
>>
File: slut.jpg (243 KB, 850x1196)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>24090558
What is their definition of sexual partner? Only penis-in-vagina-partners? If your potential wife gave handjobs/blowjobs/anal/whatever is this accounted for?
>>
>>24095024
in poland about $40/hr for american "8"s. $1,000/m and you pay rent and they'll move in and be your girlfriend while they go to school
>>
>>24097252
>If your potential wife gave handjobs/blowjobs/anal
I doubt any wife would do that unless you've been a good boy.
>>
File: 1619399165758.png (1.92 MB, 1650x933)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>>24087363
No. The internet has irreparably fucked western women. You're either stupid or given no choice anyways (common law) if you so much as consider it.
>>
>>24097586
Intercourse that is not ordered towards procreation is inherently disordered. That is why I am asking about handjobs. A "good boy" would not get a handjob except as foreplay.
>>
>>24097894
>handjobs
Why?
>>
>>24087363
It's a compromise between two people, from then on they become something more than just a couple, the thought alone is beautiful. It has lost a lot of value in modern society due to media and divorce and what not. It is nice to do if you have someone special, it closes the book, that person becomes yours and you become theirs
>>
>>24097868
The laws are absolutely fucked as well, which is puzzling. The demographics are abysmal across the west, but no one thought to reverse the trend by NOT allowing men to be fucked over with divorce rape.
>>
>>24097899
It's just an example. I am talking about sexual activity that does not involve vaginal penetration. Do these studies account for that?
>>
>>24097957
>divorce rape
What's this?
>>
>>24097973
You're either a genuinely ignorant man or some whore who forgot she's driving her ex's BMW on her way to the lawyer to finalize seizure of his house and dog
>>
>>24097989
>genuinely ignorant man
This.
It must be something in the west.
Here if you rape a woman, you marry her and can't divorce her.
>>
File: 1618868652955.jpg (1.55 MB, 1842x2094)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>24098011
>Here if you rape a woman, you marry her and can't divorce her.
Unironically the only way to have a sexually satisfied woman.
>>
>>24098054
Have consensual sex incel
>>
File: 1615203773141.jpg (192 KB, 1280x1280)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>24098673
Get raped whore
>>
File: 1605311651990.png (366 KB, 528x528)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>24097115
>instituted by God

The problem is that men's law has the power to interfere in marriage, and the church for some reason sees no problem with it, even when it hurts the man in the divorce. So there is no point in following God's will when you are legally fucked afterwards in the world of men.
>>
>>24099484
following God is more important than following the laws of man
>>
>>24099484
It's a secular society, we're powerless and can just watch the world wither and die.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.