[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I failed again bros. I have an exam in the next hour and still I didn’t touch the materials.
I wasn’t able to bring my self to study even a single hour hour during the last 4 weeks.
If I go I will probably pass since I retain a lot during the school hours but it will screw my average.
I am thinking about saying I am in a clinic doing a Covid test.They will probably delay the exam.But still I feel shit.I has been like this for a year now
>>
What's the exam on?
>>
>>23920072
Maths
>>
>>23920060
Not quite there yet OP but I'm in for one in three weeks and I haven't done fuck all. Best chance is to try your best and hope for a concession due to Covid later, or even just a resit. Don't feel bad about it unless it motivates you to try harder. If you don't know the answers, write down what you do know. If you don't have the numbers, at least write formulas and explain what you would do. Might get you enough points to make a difference.
>>
I feel really bad I called them and told them my brother is positive I can’t come :( . I am a pussy I always retreat in the last minutes.
>>
You have no business studying what you’re studying. If you’re this unmotivated to study for an exam, then you don’t actually want to be there or study what you’re studying in the slightest so why are you doing it? Once you get your degree, what do you think it’s going to be like? It’s going to be the same but worse. You’ll have more assignments that you can’t just put off. You should reassess what you’re doing there and why.
>>
>>23920252
Not OP, but I'm in this exact position. I'm studying law, but I refuse to give up because of the sunken costs fallacy, that and I have just one more year until I get a bach degree.

My biggest problem is that I don't know what else I want to study, and I am afraid that even if I change my horse mid-race, it might be the same situation of self-hatred and lack of motivation to study.

What is your advice, fellow anon, for finding something that would truly drive me? Do you know of any resources that can help me with a choice?
>>
>>23920296
>What is your advice, fellow anon, for finding something that would truly drive me?
My sincere advice is to give up. I went through a degree I didn’t like to get a job I didn’t like just so I could pay the bills. Yeah, I kind of regret but I’m also convinced that there really was no ideal option. I suppose you should just do whatever it is you really want to do with your life. If that’s studying art or something, then fine but I think most people don’t actually aspire to just study art but would want to be an artist, in which case you don’t need to study art. You know what I’m saying? I don’t think it matters all that much. Like looking back, I would probably get an English degree. Why? Because I’ve dismantled this idea of there being an optimal choice and I spend like 90% of my time reading so it’s an obvious.
>Do you know of any resources that can help me with a choice?
Honestly no.
>>
Read this. Old but good article on procrastination.

https://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/10/27/procrastination/
>>
>>23920252
Hi, it’s not about math I procrastinate everything including vidja anime movies watching a YouTube video. I clicked with a girl on tinder and she gave me a movie to watch. It took me 2 weeks to be able to do it and when I text her again she was gone. I really liked her and wasn’t able to bring my self to do it if through I have a lot of free time (5hous daily ).
Also math is my only strong point and I love it so I don’t know what to do else
>>
>>23920296
>>23920330
To be honest with you, I kind of regret going to college at all. I mean, I don’t regret going to collehe or having a degree but in my country, college is expensive. It’s treated as an investment tool and admission ticket into a career field so a lot of times, if you go, you’re kind of stuck in white collar professional jobs because you have debt like I do. The one thing I’ve learned is that you should be studying yourself. If I had been studying myself, I would’ve realized that I hated college was apathetic to it so I’d probably hate white collar professional world too. It didn’t get better. It got worse so if I wasn’t into it, I’d never get into it. It won’t magically get tolerable like I thought it would. Now I’m 28, have $53k in student loan debt, I make $50k in a professional job that I really really hate and I feel like I don’t have many escape routes because of the debt. If nothing else, learn from my mistakes.
>>
>>23920337
I read the first paragraph and fuck off i am smart I scored top in every test last year. It’s just this year i don’t what the fact is wrong with me. I will continue reading though
>>
File: ditch_diggers.jpg (24 KB, 480x360)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>23920060
>I wasn’t able to bring my self to study even a single hour hour during the last 4 weeks.
>>
>>23920361
It isn't called "you are not smart", it's called "you are not SO smart". Anyway, read it, it's good, it saved my life.
>>
>>23920330
>>23920355
Well, I am lucky enough both to live in the EU, where universities are easily accessible (I pay 2200 euro per year, meanwhile in my home country education costs around 300-600 euro per year), which means that I literally spend more money on living costs and accommodation than on uni. As such, I don't worry about having a crippling debt, as I have saved up money and can make back the money I have invested in roughly a year or so.

My plans are probably going to be to finish my degree, so that I at least have SOMETHING (a law degree which is likely to be accepted in many work places), but I'll likely focus on technology and programming. I suppose my biggest problem with all this in mind is how to focus on motivating myself to study, similarly to OP, but I guess I'll figure it out.
>>
File: nelson.jpg (10 KB, 225x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>23920060
Fail, drop out, and open up a slot for someone who takes studies seriously
>>
>>23920380
I read it.It was a depressing read.
He read me like an open book you are right I am not so smart.Future me will probably spend all his time on 4chan I think giving my electronics devices to my friends. I will just make it more difficult for my self to enjoy things for now.
>>
>>23920459
Well then, the first part of solving a problem is realizing that there is a problem in the first place. Now you're one step closer to solution, focus on achieving it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.