[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sikyvtms18z21.jpg (450 KB, 1074x1084)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>get new job
>one week later everyone is spamming me on Teams and hitting on me
>mfw I just wanna do my job man

In hindsight maybe the initial interview conversation about how "oh, we never had a female colleague before! We hope to bring more in the future!" was a red flag. Am I just autistic and they're being friendly? It makes me really uncomfortable to constantly be spammed all day with shit like "hey how are you? :) this work from home thing made me really lonely and I need friends now...btw let me tell you my entire life story about how my wife divorced me 2 years ago". What should I do? So far I've been giving short answers and telling them I'm working on a task, but I also don't wanna give off bad impresssions from the first month of being here.
>>
>>23919662
>Am I just autistic and they're being friendly?
They are probably hitting on you

You can always mention you have a boyfriend

“What did you do this weekend? And why did you wear? Did I mention I was divorced?”
You: not much, my boyfriend and I just did x and then just hung out
“Ok gotta go”
>>
I’m in a similar boat as you anon. Only female in a big team.

honestly i just respond in gifs, emojis, and really weird confusing english if i have to use words. Such as ‘ouu’ in response to something like ‘my wife got mad at me today’. Or i’ll say ‘naiice’ in response to ‘how are you :)’. If anyone asks me whats going on i just act like nothing is wrong.

Its light enough to be friendly and no one gets upset because gifs and emojis are ‘friendly’ but they take the hint and leave me alone after a few exchanges of confusion.
>>
>>23919673
Thing is, I'm pretty sure they know I have a boyfriend since they added me on facebook and all that shit. To be fair I haven't posted there in 3 years so maybe they think I'm no longer with him or some shit. I'll keep that in mind and mention it in conversation next time I have the chance.

>>23919675
Yeah that's what I've been doing lately, using few words and never pushing the convo further. Hopefully they take the hint soon, but I guess it's just the nature of the job and what kind of people it attracts. The whole "software developers are autistic and lonely" is mostly true for the most part.
>>
Mandy?
>>
Just say that ur gay lol its that easy
>>
>>23919662
Sorry to hear that, it just comes with the territory. They'll give up if you don't take them up on it. You are just being a sensation at the moment.
>>
>>23919662
Tits or GTFO
>>
>>23919662
>>23919692
they're lonely and want femoid attention. if you want to get up in the ranks then I suggest casual sweet talk with the highest up who's flirting.
>>
>>23920233
Isn't the internet bountiful enough for you that you want tits? It's only just bags of fat, glands and flesh anyway, so nothing special.
>>
>>23919662
They want your pussy, just ignore them or start replying slower
>>
>>23920256
We are all rotten flesh on disintegrating bones
>>
>>23920322
Well, if the organism works as it should, there should be no rotting. If you have that problem, then I'd suggest going to a doctor.
>>
>>23919662
Buy yourself a cheap looks-like-an-engagement ring.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.