[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: scrooler.jpg (45 KB, 742x541)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
how to stop being pic rel?
I struggle with it my whole life
>>
Delete all social media and smash up your pc/phone
>>
>>23645264
Spend a single day SCROOOLING literally do not do anything productive, just scroll. Don’t even eat or drink water just scroll and see how you feel afterwards.
>>
>>23645264
Get a job you lazy bum
>>
I mean, it sounds like you've identified your problem... So you know what you need to change. You just need the motivation. No one can give that to you.
>>
>>23645274
>Spend a single day SCROOOLING literally do not do anything productive, just scroll. Don’t even eat or drink water just scroll and see how you feel afterwards.
I do it everyday lol
>>23645275
I am at uni
no time for job
>>23645276
I've identified this problem few years ago
>>
>>23645290
Join a club at the University then. The lowest of low will take you.
>>
>>23645301
due to covid clubs don't do much
also I have 0 skills so I don't even know what I would do there
>>
>>23645290
No you don’t understand, you’re not letting yourself give into your desires, that’s how media gets you sucked in. The dopamine is causing you to believe it’s better than oxygen, food or water. You have to take the scrolling to next level if you want to notice it’s terrible effects.
>>
>>23645306
Hey retard, do you want advice or not? Stop deflecting every single suggestion people give you.
Go on omegle or vr chat and have random conversations with people
>>
>>23645290
Again, You know what you need to change. I can't motivate you, only you can motivate you. So I guess my only real advice is, answer this question: Do you actually want to change?
>>
>>23645314
>Do you actually want to change?
I don't know, I guess no
but I would like to actually want to change
>>
>>23645348
If you dont want to change, then whats the problem. Continue your life.
If you do want to change, then you actually have a shot at changing. Keep the desire for change in mind, and start making your plan. Keep goals small and incremental. relapses happen, recognize them, and correct them, dont beat yourself up.
Lastly, remember that the change is for the life you want. You want a better life. Good luck.
>>
>>23645364
I want to change but I am anxious and depressed
>>
bump
>>
>>23645433
Well, if anxiety and depression are interrupting your life, you could always talk to a dr and see your options.
Personally, I don't think depression meds are actually all that great, so I'll give you what I really think you should do... if you actually want to change.
Find some kind of nature that you can legally be on, a park, woods, whatever. Go there, plan to be there a while, leave all your electronics (Its just for this event, relax)... and just go be there with yourself. yes, sit on a log or something bored. Because once your brain is bored, it'll start thinking to occupy the time. You'll be forced to start thinking about your life... cry if you have to, just keep going, because eventually you'll get bored of thinking of your problems, and your brain will have to occupy the time. Perfect, start thinking about what you want, what you really want out of life. hype yourself up for getting the life you want. The steps you need to take will be made clear to you, by you.
>>
bump
>>
help
>>
>>23645290
>eurofag has time to social media all day instead of studying
>but no time to work
I know you idiots have been trained not to think your entire lives, but for once, please, think.
>>
>>23645306
Looks like someone is playing the 'yes, but' game. Grow the fuck up and stop wasting our time if all you want is excuses
>>
Bro I was the same. I work a lot and a lot of my time outside of work was spent on YouTube.

There is no problem with spending a lot of time on the internet if you are using it productively. If you are learning a skill, researching crypto and stocks, researching properties to buy, planning your future, studying for certifications, networking with people, creating creative works like programs, videos and music, that is productively.

Here is what you do. Delete your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. All that shit. Keep your YouTube. Transition to listening and watching videos that are about finances or developing skills. Cool, so at least you are doing that now. Then, you move on to listening to YouTube videos or podcasts that are informative while creating, researching, networking, etc. And then you wean off of that. You can't go cold turkey. You will relapse.

I have an internet addiction too. Which is okay, if you are addicted to the right things. You can learn pretty much any skill through the internet. You can torrent most programs to make music and videos. You can learn about any subject. If you transition to that, you will be leagues above any fucking social media normie that you know. The internet is a tool, and if you are going to be spending your life on it you might as well use it for making more money and bettering yourself. Change the fundamental way you see the internet. See it as a repository of knowledge and not as a way to talk to your friends. Tell your friends and family that if they want to talk to you, to fucking call you.

If you really need social media eventually, you can start using them after three or four months of doing what I said above. Trust me. We are in this together brother. I still struggle from time to time. Good luck.
>>
>>23646668
Also, forgot to mention. Delete all the apps from.your phone. Only use stuff like YouTube on your computer. Use your phone purely for financial apps like crypto wallets and stock brokerage apps. And for calling. Don't do long amounts of texting. Tell people to call you if they want to talk. Get earphones that let you talk to them while you are doing other things. Do a dopamine cleanse. Whatever man. Get a notebook, write down small goals, and fucking crush it. If you are serious about this, you will succeed. And if success doesn't motivate you, fear should. Like Sam Hyde has said, you should feel fucking afraid that you are going to turn out to be a brain dead loser. Use fear productively. But instead of being reactive, be proactive. Write down where you want to be in ten years. Now see if that can be reached if you continue this bad habit. Oh, you can't? Then be fucking terrified. Feel existential horror that you are going to be homeless and retarded for the rest of your life. That will motivate you. That is what motivated me. I am 24. I only have 40000 saved up to my name. But I'm doing stuff with money now that will impact the rest of my life. Sorry for this overblown bullshit. I am just passionate about people getting through the shit I am going through.
>>
>>23645264
stop using social media

start a dopamine fasting

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.