[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1605637851703.png (1.27 MB, 1280x720)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
I posted quite a few weeks ago about dating a coworkers daughter despite her having 2 kids and both of us only being 24. I ended up going out with her and in spite of being a massive sperg I thought it went pretty well; we had dinner and talked for a bit and she smiled at me a lot. All things considered it went better than expected. Thing is that communication with her basically shut down after our date. I didn't hear back from her for 3 days after, even though she reasurred me that she had a good time and that my first impression was fine. I tried asking her out for a second date and she responded immediately with "yeah!!!" but completely ghosted me when I tried to follow up and establish a good time to go out. I talked to her dad at work and he told me that she thought I was a sweet guy and encouraged me to reach out again, but the only other time I tried she pulled the same thing where she sent 1 immediate reply and then completely ignored my follow up, so I just gave up on her.

My question is; what did I do wrong? Should I try to reach out again and ask point blank what I did? Her dad moved on to another job so now I can't even ask him what her problem is. I know I'm probably better off not shacking up with some girl with 2 kids but I just feel wounded. Like I finally tried to put myself out there and it immediately blew up in my face. Pic unrelated.
>>
try sending her one final text then go radio silent for a week and a halfs time. push and pull, push and pull, push and pull
>>
>>23148992
This was the last exchange I had with her. It's been 3 weeks and she hasn't said a word to me. I guess I just thought that even if things went poorly she'd do me the courtesy of telling me she wasn't interested considering I worked with her dad.
>>
File: 1605420799299.jpg (80 KB, 992x986)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
get you ass out of this mess king, you can get much better
>>
>>23148975
This is much easier said than done, but truly don't take it personally. Mayyyybe reach out one more time (only with purpose, like "hey im going to x wanna come" where x is something you know youre both interested in bc youve talked about it or sm) but other than that just let it go. She might just not want to go steady with anyone doesnt want to lead you on, who knows
>>
>>23148975
>Like I finally tried to put myself out there and it immediately blew up in my face.
Shit happens.
>>23149003
>I guess I just thought that even if things went poorly she'd do me the courtesy of telling me she wasn't interested considering I worked with her dad.
Part of dating is losing notions of expectations because otherwise they'll get broken. Leave it go, be civil to your co-worker.
>>
>>23149003
3 weeks? Dude id just let it be. In the future it helps to start a convo with some purpose, but otherwise it just sounds like shes not interested and it doesnt really matter why. Go find someone whos interested!
>>
File: kirby.gif (348 KB, 225x225)
348 KB
348 KB GIF
based gakuto poster

take it as a learning/practice experience, forget about her and move on, simple as that
>>
1. At least you actually put yourself out there instead of having regrets later from not doing anything. It probably took real courage on your part to do that, think you should give yourself credit
2. She might be pulling back for other reasons beyond her thoughts about you
3. You probably learned a few things from this experience that can go towards future dates

Echoing what the other anons are saying, that you should look for someone else if it doesn't go anywhere. You're young, better to put yourself out there and face some rejection than wishing you did more when you get too old for it.
>>
>>23149043
>better to put yourself out there and face some rejection than wishing you did more when you get too old for it.
This was the reasoning behind going out in the first place since I didn't think it would go anywhere on account of her kids. Still, I don't know why I'm taking it so hard after one date with one girl. If the first little bit of rejection feels this bad what happens if a girl breaks things off after 2 dates? 3? 10? Months? Years? Right now I feel like I'm trying to do a post mortem to figure out what went wrong and all the most valuable information is locked behind someone who will probably never speak to me again.
>>
>>23149057
>If the first little bit of rejection feels this bad what happens if a girl breaks things off after 2 dates? 3? 10? Months? Years? Right now I feel like I'm trying to do a post mortem to figure out what went wrong and all the most valuable information is locked behind someone who will probably never speak to me again.
Stop doing that you idiot. Shit happens. She's got kids, maybe one of them is sick. You're knotting yourself up overthinking shit like this. I know you have better things to do, go do them.
>>
Fuck this, don't sour your coworker's good faith. Move on, nigga
He hooked you up with his daughter, it messed up-whatever. Don't be needy tryna get your dick wet in his daughter. It's not his business for you to ask him, but it's not gentleman-like either to sperg as a coworker who you hooked your daughter up with.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.