[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ten slash ten.jpg (379 KB, 999x1920)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
So, there is LSD which is available in my area, and I am contemplating purchasing a tab of it, and so i am curious, would it significantly affect the development of my brain? (I am 18) There is a lack of information available on the effects of lsd on the developing brain, so i assume that this would be the best place to ask. Thank you.
>>
You're asking for advice, and my best answer would be to inform yourself like I did myself. Go read scientific journals, browse erowid, bluelight, etc. Since you're asking a bunch of random strangers here, I'm assuming you didn't take the time to do your own homework.
LSD has a relatively safe profile if you're sure what you're getting is *actually* LSD, for this you need to get it lab tested to be sure, which is like nearly 200 bucks per test sample.
Long term really depends on your current habits. From what I've noticed, if you're predisposed to poor habits, you'll be likely to stagnate in life after your trip. If you're a strong willed disciplined person, you should be fine. For some the experience might be life changing, but it also depends on how they've been perceiving things their whole life and what they've lived through. What you decide to do after a trip depends really on you: you can take it as a life lesson, a learning experience, or you can treat it as recreational experience.
Effect-wise, LSD causes hypersensitivity, so you'll be jittery and sudden noises can freak you out and sound louder than they normally are, you get dissociated from reality, and if your LSD is really clean, you'll be super motivated the next day with little to no comedown. It cuts your appetite. You'll have triple vision, you'll see highlighted contours, you notice patterns that you normally wouldn't. But it definitely will not endow you with superpowers, but possibly change the way you perceive things currently.
From my experience, in most cases, you should not toke, smoke, drink, or eat before coming up, and plan a whole day ahead of time where you're not doing shit because a trip is about 10 hours. Have someone that you trust to do it with if you're not comfortable doing drugs period.
>>
>>23148856
this, honestly read up on erowid, get stuff you trust and find a safe setting to do it in and you will have a fantastic time. it's my favorite drug
>>
>>23148776
unless you have a mental disorder you should be fine. the setting makes the trip though
>>
>>23148776
Well I'll throw out my bullshit guess, but I did way more shrooms than acid when I was a youngun. It's generally a good thing but pretty much negligible. It feels life changing at the time, but in the long term it's like seeing a good movie.
>>
>>23148776
Everyone I've met who did it says it's good or that it's not a big deal with no lasting effects on cognition, but everyone I ever met who has done it has been a complete retard. I think it's a drug that fucks your perceptions up permanently, but makes you feel like you're having profound insights in the process. I haven't noticed the same thing with shrooms, weed, etc., but every person I've known who was an LSD enthusiast was basically a retard/loser on the same level as the people I've known who have done heroin, meth, or were just severe alcoholics.
>>
I dropped two tabs yesterday and had a panic attack luckily my roomate was there to calm me down otherwise I would have kill myself or went crazy. Just be careful acid is not a toy and will melt your brain in my opinion also you are young and your brain hasn't fully developed so yeah. Try having a trip sitter or someone experienced and be in a comfy environment with good vibes. You should be fine though just don't over think it and go with the flow.
>>
>>23148856
Also, try to think of positive thoughts while you're on it. You will feel a lot of love, connection, with nature and the universe. You'll be hyperactive, you'll be super self conscious too. You'll have a very short attention span while on it, however. You'll also want to stay hydrated the entire time. If you plan on doing it again, make sure to wait about 2 weeks because your body builds up huge tolerance, so it might have almost no effect if you do it again the next 2-3 days. There's a lot of introspection that happens while you're on it, and you'll be inquisitive. For a good 6 months, you might have this great feeling and insightfulness and perception of the world, but it wears off, and you're back to normal. You might be afraid to do it again. You can't really get addicted to this stuff, it's more like a "done it been there" kind of feeling. But you have to keep moving in life though, and that's always the hard part. Learn as much as you can, and stay safe before you jump into things.
>>
You’ll be fine, I did cocaine hairs for 3 months and did ecstasy every weekend I’m highschool for 2 years. Turned out fine with a job and a girlfriend and I’m 28 and I’ve never had memory problems. Did 2 tabs of lsd for my first time in grade 10, let’s just say I never want to experience that ride again because of how long it took to get back to normal.
>>
>>23148776
Alright I'll give my two cents in since I used to have sessions with my friends doing this like every few weeks. If you try it your first time its best to do it with someone that has done because when it's a bad acid trip, it's probably the worst thing in the world; but if you have a good high it's very fun. LSD lasts like 8-12 hours and when the high ends I never could fall asleep the few hours after.

In terms of long-term effects I honestly think you should be fine, I did it the first time when I was 19 and nothings really changed, I still do fine in uni and whatnot. I honestly think it starts affecting you when you long term when you believe it does subconsciously or some gay shit like that.
>>
>>23148776
I personally can't understand how many people out there live their entire lives without ever trying psychedelics. I was experimenting a bit younger than you are now, I am okay but I probably should have waited a few years. It helped get me out of an insanely suicidal rut so it's possible it saved my life I guess.
>>
>>23149392
Yeah I hate to admit this since I hate people who base their entire life and personality around drugs but I was extremely depressed before doing it and it helped me not hate my life.
I remember my acid trip I thought I was living out dying and then when I died everything just turned black and that was it, just black and I was just stuck in a void. Made me scared to die and actually not be a depressed loser anymore.
>>
It would affect your brain certainly. It increases neuroplasticity.

Don't let this effect trick you into seeking answers to your existential dread. A religious epiphany won't last long. You just have to accept that nothing matters at all, and you were tricked into living so you can make money for your corporate overlords. And probably nothing exists.

I recommend spending your trip trying to learn math, or programming, or regex. These are skills that will stick with you for life, and actually open up your perspective and understanding of the world once the trip is over. You really don't wanna fall into some trap of delusion just because your brain has become a sponge, ready to absorb any belief or knowledge you want it to.

Nothing is verifiable besides pure mathematics. And even that can't be considered an objective truth since it relies on the axioms chosen as the foundation. The closed systems themselves have absolute truths though, and that's the best thing we've got.
>>
>>23149575
(cont) if this does interest you, I would suggest reading about Cantor, Cantor's theorem, and set theory. It'll be difficult to grasp now but you'd be able to learn it easily on LSD I think. Unless you have zero interest in it. Set theory can be used as a foundation to prove all of mathematics. Not just this, but Cantor extended it for infinite sets, and made proofs about infinity, discovered a new type of number, and much more. There are different sizes of infinity. One infinity may be smaller than the other, and it can be proven if so. In fact, there is no largest infinity just like there's no largest number. Just infinite larger infinities. This is proven to a very strong degree. It's more true than gravity's existence.
>>
>>23148776
>should I take a mind altering drug there is a lack of information on

That's a terrible idea.
>>23149575
You're actually a fucking retard
>>
>>23149738
LSD is misunderstood by the general public, but we actually know quite a bit. It's been studied more than many other substances people are prescribed.

How am I retarded exactly? I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Regex forms an algebra. Are you one of those people that thinks maths is just numbers crunching? That's accounting. Maths is just a bunch of puzzles basically. Numbers crunching is for morons.
>>
>>23148776
Since it's not likely that you can get any more brain-addled than you are, go ahead.
>>
>>23149575
Terrible terrible horrible advice.
Do not listen to this doomer retard, lsd is a drug that if done right will unironically make you love life a lot more
>>
>>23148776
Your brain doesn't stop maturing until around age 25
>>
>>23150455
If that effect has lasted you longer than 5 years, you're a special person. Most people it lasts a few weeks. A megadose could last a year. The effect wears off.

I'm not saying have a miserable time, just that as I've taken psychs more and more I've realized that the time I spent using it in a productive way was better spent overall. And those weren't bad trips or anything, I personally enjoy the maths quite a bit (conceptually). I've come to stop caring about religion and philosophy, subjects I spent a good part of my life obsessing over. There are no answers to any of that stuff. There are, however, answers to math problems. Some of them.
>>
>>23149030
>trip sitter
OP please don't indulge in anything that would make you REQUIRE A SITTER until your at least 90 and can't go the bathroom yourself
>>
>>23150078
>How am I retarded exactly? I didn't say anything that wasn't true

Int. Vs Wisdom
>>
I did it when I was 16 and 18. It was fun in the moment, but I'm 23 now and never doing it again. If you're anxious about stuff like memory loss or other brain-related stuff, you'll just have permanent "what if" thoughts related to having done acid. Especially if you experience depression, anxiety, or any of that. Potential regret makes stuff like that not worth it imo.
>>
>>23151574
Yeah, and I'm sure a wise person would call some stranger on the internet "retarded". If you really think you're going to become wise by taking LSD, you might actually be retarded. For a longer term fix for depression, and something that might actually make you wise, you should consider some works in existentialism. That's right, books. You can read them while you're on acid too, at a low enough dosage, or even reflect on the meaning. Maths is still a better foundation for philosophy of course. There's no other explanation for monstrous moonshine, really.
>>
>>23148776
no you're probably better looking at opinion from real scientists and forming your opinion based on that instead of 4chan.
>>
>>23151848
You realize it just made you more open minded right? As long as it doesn’t turn into paranoia there’s nothing wrong with thinking what if
>>
you should wait until your brain is fully developed before that dont do psychotropics (age21)
>>
>>23153512
Age 25. The US spread lies that the age is 21 to discourage drinking.

That's not important though. You shouldn't take acid daily or some shit, even at any age that's a bad idea. However, even past age 25, the structure is complete but new neurons are being created and killed still. This is how we still learn new things. LSD has been shown to increase the rate of neurogenesis (new neurons forming). Low rates of neurogenesis have been linked to depression, by the way. If you're depressed it's apparently because you can't learn easily.
>>
i eat my words. tho how is it i met a lot more bright people with depression than unpretentious ones?
>>
>>23153588
You, or they, may have been mistaking pessimism or nihilism for clinical depression. Were these people laying in bed all day, not trying to do anything, completely hopeless about the future? That's depression. The people I've met like that were not too bright. Maybe they used to be, but you can tell they're just out of it. It's misdiagnosed pretty often too, like anything is. If someone thinks they're depressed, the doctor will likely diagnose them with depression.
>>
It's probably the safest drug you can take, provided it's actually LSD and not a RC

Just don't if you have some kind of mental illness
>>
>>23148776
It's such an intense experience. It will change you in at least a small way. But not to the detriment of your development.
>>
>>23148776
Mental issues or not, psycho-affective substances are better taken after the brain has mostly matured. I won't go into too much detail but there
>>
>>23148776
Mental issues or not, psycho-affective substances are better taken after the brain has mostly matured. I won't go into too much detail but there is tons of research stating that taking hallucinogenic substances stunts or deviates brain development. I'm not going to go into too much detail but I am MD with neuroscience focus. So if you have any questions, I'm willing to explain some stuff.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.