[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: girlslasttour.jpg (607 KB, 2560x1920)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
Finished reading the manga, and it feels like it was the only logical ending. I didn't really expect for anything special to be at the top and all while they were going up the levels I thought to myself, what's even the point of going up to the top? The fact that while they were going up they ended up destroying the path to go down the levels already felt like there was no coming back from where they were going. The nail in the coffin was them losing their vehicle. Anyway it felt like a much better ending to the story than where the anime ended.
>>
>>225837756
The ending was the only logical solution, but it still leaves a haunting feeling of despair knowing that the MCs were most likely goners. I grew attached to their antics, as most others did, and was ashamed to see the end of one of my favorite works of world building.

The anime was never going to cover all of the content in the manga, so they added more in theme stories that really made the anime enjoyable.

10/10
>>
>>225838530
>The ending was the only logical solution, but it still leaves a haunting feeling of despair knowing that the MCs were most likely goners

I think you guys all understimate our girls.

Yeah the anime was better. Just the plinking rain episode alone.
>>
Kettenkrad vs. Kobeni's car
>>
sleep tight potatoes
>>
>>225837756
It's just a cute, sweet, and thoroughly beautiful manga about living and dying.
>>
>>225838901
What did yuu have at the very end, chocolate?

That part made me almost shed a tear. That concept that you never really know what someone is capable of, people can surprise you, so don't form unchanging opinions.

People see the top as such a despairing scenario, but in that moment they probably had with each other something that most people go through life without experiencing.
>>
>>225838548
That episode was beautiful.
>>
>>225838548
Anime = manga > (you)
>>
>>225839080
nah, this is a case where anime >>> manga
>manga
>2 frames of kettenkrad going down tunnel
>anime
>4 minute sequence of kettenkrad chugging along

the feels just come through so much more. i wish they would've finished it! oh well.
>>
>>225838530
>so they added more in theme stories
I'm pretty sure the anime doesn't have any original content. Some of it is from the extra chapters published in the tankobons rather than the main serialization but I don't think any of it is original. The reason it doesn't adapt the ending is simply because the manga ended only shortly after the anime aired. They used whatever material existed when they started planning it. And there wasn't enough material for a second season. An ova or two to wrap it up would have been amazing but I don't think the anime did well enough for that.
>>
>oh, you're here
>HELP ME COMMIT SUICIDE
>>
>>225838973
Yeah, that was the chocolate that they picked up on the submarine if I remember correctly. They'd forgotten that they had it until that last meal on top of the world.
>>
>>225839200
Where can I find these extra chapters?
>>
>>225839200
The bit with the giant death robot is anime original. So is a lot of the stuff in the scene where they look through old pictures on the camera. All that stuff about increased militarism and a world war wasn't explicit in the manga (though much of it was certainly implied)
>>
File: 20210722_113205.jpg (2.63 MB, 4032x3024)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>225839262
>The bit with the giant death robot is anime original.
Say what now?
>>
>>225839262
>>225839345
Fuck, apologies for phone pic and 4chan deciding to randomly flip it
>>
>>225839262
Some of it was explained in some of the info bonus things that come with the volumes. Including some stuff that wasn't explicit in the anime, like how the older tech (WW1/2 tech and whatnot) exists because when the EMP charges destroyed the entire "sci fi" infrastructure of the original civilization, pockets of people were forced to manually replicate any older schematics they could find to get war equipment.
>>
>>225839345
Nice thumb, hobbit.
>>
>>225838548
>I think you guys all understimate our girls
I'm not sure how anyone can believe they lived, especially when you consider that it was revealed they essentially wrote a suicide poem of sorts
>>
>>225839262
>The bit with the giant death robot is anime original. So is a lot of the stuff in the scene where they look through old pictures on the camera
Wrong about the robot. Pretty sutr the camera stuff is also included in the extra chapters but can't be bothered to check.
>>
>>225839234
She 100% didn't forget about it. That was my point.

Yuu? Forget about food? lol.

>>225839457
You're supposed to believe in magic, you cold adult person
>>
>>225839241
Any scan of the tanks should have them. Look in the usual places.
>>
File: Schizo baitpost.png (1.27 MB, 2798x1920)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>225837756
>>
File: mabel.jpg (213 KB, 791x787)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>225839241
https://mangasee123.com/read-online/Shoujo-Apocalypse-Adventure-chapter-8-page-21.html
>>
>>225839685
>doesn't know what nihilism is

this should just be blanked out by every manga site
>>
>>225839685
Thanks was waiting for someone to post this
>>
File: 1619623764712.jpg (34 KB, 218x320)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
chapter soon
>>
>>225839840
is this yuu

was it all a dream
t-they made it...
>>
File: 1565357596870.jpg (33 KB, 262x325)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>225839992
No, this is Yuu
>>
>>225840114
w..what

i gotta read this

does it legit have any connection? do we know?

ooh, maybe the cats saved them and uploaded them or something!
>mushroom cats
>>
Episode 9 was sublime and perfectly crafted, haven't seen an episode of any anime since that surpasses it.
>>
Girls Last Tour made me less suicidal. Might as well enjoy the ride to the end, just because the world has no meaning doesn't mean there are not good surprises along the way
>>
play my book burning simulator
>>
>>225840187
theres no reason to be suicidal now that the WMO says we are gonna hit 1.5C in 5 years

you are gonna die pretty soon anyway. just deal with it until then
>>
>>225840212
also wheres the GLT gun anon. He hasnt posted for a long time now.
Not like you know him since /a/ is filled with newfags.
>>
>>225840259
yeah that's about it

might as well have a few more good meals and happy family time until the unevitable end comes

thank you yuu for making me at peace with zetsubou
>>
File: the neighbors.png (244 KB, 1443x2048)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
>>225840134
We just don't know
>>
>>225839685
>>225839723
What the hell is that. Afterword from a fucking scanlator or something? That has no place in there.
>>
>>225837756
This along with YKK are the most emotionally resonant manga I’ve ever read. I read them both last year and I feel like I’ll be reading them both every year or two for the rest of my life. The anime for SSR was great as well, though I have to be honest, the 3DCG kettengrad scenes were somewhat of a put off. Other than that it was basically a 10/10 adaptation despite not including the manga ending. The soundtrack in particular was sublime and the VA, comedic timing, etc. were executed super well.
>>
>>225840295
it gives me an odd feeling of peace soon

knowing that there'll be war, chaos, and strife soon

we were the last generation to not know this as our permanent life forever. anyone born now will more or less live in a hell world.

>>225840327
could just be Q Hayashida syndrome
>several characters in dai dark are visually identical to people from Dorohedoro
>>
>>225840134
>does it legit have any connection? do we know?
We don't know, but other than the cameos there is nothing connecting them.
>>
File: bakanon 1.png (970 KB, 1800x1291)
970 KB
970 KB PNG
>>225840394
>he doesn't know
heh
>>
>>225840394
I was some bait poster from a previous thread
>>
>>225840493
Q can only draw approximately 3.5 characters
>>
>>225840696
now for mindfuck: word "Chidaruma" appears early on in dai dark

maybe shop valley box...is.....?
>>
>>225840493
>anyone born now will more or less live in a hell world.
Gee I hope, but somehow I have hard time believing all the doomsday prophets
>>
File: intoxicating innocence.png (438 KB, 650x406)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
Great manga with a good adaptation.
Season 2 never ever.
OVAs never ever ever.
I use SSR as a proof of quality for """anime" youtubers.
If they made videos prior to 2017 and they fail to even mention SSR they are certified plebs.
>>
>>225840493
it's fine, anon. Good times never last. You also don't have the responsability of our collective fall on your shoulders, that's another lesson of the story
>>
>>225840841
Are there even any anime youtubers who aren't plebs? The only one I ever found worth watching was demo because he was funny but overall it seems like a field that only attracts spergs
>>
>>225840814
>I somehow have a hard time believing in this DOOMSDAY stuff!!!!!!!
>higher than average temperatures for 440 consecutive months
>catastrophic flooding in china
>snowing in brazil simultaneously
>5 heat domes orbiting the north pole
>130 degrees F in upper canada
>droughts threaten completely eliminating huge bodies of water like great salt lake
>greenland sea ice on irreversible melt, this was long considered the worst thing that could happen

uhh, yeah, doomsday prophet stuff bro
>>
>>225840971
Smaller channels, and I do mean small, are usually fine because they generally make videos about what they like and say what they actually think.
All the big channels have to make videos about what is popular and either have to make agreeable inoffensive statements or go full contrarian, as that is what gets the views.
>>
>>225840951
Like tears...In rain.

Thinking about selling my house for an RV since I saw the WMO report, but relying on gasoline sounds tricky in coming years. No electric RV yet.
>>
>>225840666
>bait
I'm pretty sure that retard was 100% serious
>>
>>225840841
>giving attention/views to anime youtubers
You're the cancer.
>>
>>225839685
Shit meme, but when I first heard tkmiz ended it this way, I assumed he was thinking something into this direction. It seemed like the last chapters negated everything about this manga. (I think differently now.)
>>
File: hamster ok.jpg (29 KB, 745x519)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>225841111
Yes.
>>
>>225841008
>ohno environment
I at least thought you had some sick societal thesises about the decline of the west or race war or some other shit, but it all apparently amounted to this.
>>
>>225840841
>I use SSR as a proof of quality for """anime" youtubers.
>If they made videos prior to 2017 and they fail to even mention SSR they are certified plebs.

why would you ever consume anime youtubers in a million years
>>
>>225841281
>ohno environment

hahah yes, very big oh no
those of you who doubt this will know very soon tho. I won't argue with you. I predicted we'd be going at this rate like 20 years ago, even as a kid I set the SHTF date for ~2040.

and it's gonna be 2030. Max.
>>
>>225841008
Nah. Humans have survived much worse. Certainly not our current societal structures, but another Bronze Age Collapse tier event won't be the end of the world.
>>
>>225841317
bruh, what's going to happen is there isn't going to be a high enough ratio of oxygen in the atmosphere for humans to exist. this isn't a survivable event.
>>
>>225841317
Who gives a shit about humanity as a whole, what people have anxiety about is their personal life and lifestyle getting fucked over catastrophically which is more than likely even if civilization survives anything.
>>
>>225841315
>I predicted we'd be going at this rate like 20 years ago
The best prophets always have the preaching personal motivations too. The apocalypse just tastes that much better if you can paint yourself as superior by stating you totally saw this coming.
>>
>>225841292
>I like this anime/manga but there are no threads up on /a/ at the moment but I want to see what others have to say about it
>Ill check check youtube
>Only compilations and reviews with sub 10k views show up
Sometimes I want to see what people think about stuff outside of 4chan and what sort of reach things I like have outside of this place.
>>
>>225841317
>it's binary between mankind surviving or not
Even in SSR it was a very slow decline, mankind probably even survived somewhere, not like we know.
>>
>>225841431
yeah I find preppers really weird

if society completely fails, then I'm going to draw my anime waifu on the front of a 9mm and give her a kiss

>>225841434
It was literally impossible not to see it coming if you have the right type of analytical intelligence.

Many, many people knew this was going to happen, with certainty. There was simply no other possible alternative.
>>
>>225841477
>Sometimes I want to see what people think about stuff

Weird. I can't understand. Have never been able to.
>>
>>225841374
this sounds like bait but [citation needed]
>>
File: lainNpain.gif (1013 KB, 500x375)
1013 KB
1013 KB GIF
>>225840666
Those fucking trips....what a bad omen
>>
da tkmiz shiba inu
>>
File: 1624513985666.png (22 KB, 130x125)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>225841008
Yeah none of that shit is new or as important as your favorite clickbait articles make them out to be.
Zoomers (and any future generations) can't understand this because they've always lived with the Internet, but we're currently at the best point in history.
People think the past was better because you had no way of knowing what was going on everywhere else in the world. It looks worse because of the sudden influx of information, now we finally know how shit the world has been all along.
>>
File: 1605714474252.png (188 KB, 656x672)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>225841477
>but there are no threads up on /a/ at the moment
And at no point did you consider making the thread yourself? You just sit in front of your computer and wait for information to be spoonfed to you?
>and reviews with sub 10k views
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you worded that as if you were implying you don't care about a YouTuber's opinion unless they're popular.
>>
>>225841848
>Really wish these environmentalists would start delivering.
I don't know about fearmongering treehuggers, but climate scientists are delivering fairly accurate predictions. And by predictions, I mean stuff they did in the 90ies and which has come true now.
>>
>>225841928
Could you link some papers? I have yet to find any convincing ones, and you seem to be knowledgeable on the subject.
Please no screenshots of news articles, thank you.
>>
>>225841926
>And at no point did you consider making the thread yourself?
Not him, but the last time there were consecutive threads about SSR or SS they became a shitposting and depressing mess.
>>
>>225841496
>right type of analytical intelligence
Damn I wish I had the analytical intelligence to pick up the signs that there would be minor flooding in China
>>
>>225841872
>Yeah none of that shit is new or as important as your favorite clickbait articles make them out to be.
>Zoomers

errrrrrrrrrrr No there are objectively climate crises happening in ways right now that have never happened in recorded history, and extremely important tipping points have been reached

I'm much older than you, you're simply rejecting the coming reality out of fear and ignorance.

greenland sea ice in unstoppable melt pattern is the big tipping point. get ready for fun times.
>>
>>225841848
>Wasn't the world suppose to end in 2000? and then a couple more times since then?

No? Why are you conflating cult biblical literalist apocalypse preachers with environmentalists? lol
>>
>>225841948
I only know what I read in non-English science mag articles. But it's a fact that the climate is getting warmer, and that extreme weather events are increasing. Climate denialist schizos only care whether it's man made and whether reducing CO2 production will slow down warming, but since CO2 production won't go down (but up) due to human stupidity, why do you even care?
>>
>>225842007
>minor flooding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUy3HdeV6uc

it's fine anon, some people will always deny everything until it's at their doorstep, and many at that point, to their grave. it doesn't matter, nothing can be done now anyway
>>
>>225842032
It's what climate deniers and all these schizos do. Conflate, oversimplify, throw shit, seed lies, confuse, just make it look like there's a controversy.
>>
>>225842060
>video
It's just a flesh wound.
>>
>>225842008
>errrrrrrrrrrr
>I'm much older than you
Doubtful.
>that have never happened in recorded history
>recorded history
You're so close to figuring it out, yet so far!
>and extremely important tipping points have been reached
I'll ask the same as >>225841948
Can you provide some proof that isn't a screenshot of a news article?
>>225842032
It was "known" by every scientist and even the president of the United Stats that the poles would completely melt by the year 2000. No "biblical apocalypse" shit about it, you were publicly stupid if you didn't believe this. The world existed before you were born, look it up.
>>225842044
So no proof then, cool.
>science mag articles
So you only read the abstract? So much for thinking for yourself.
>>
>>225842044
>>225842107
(cont.)
>CO2
If you're saying CO2 is the only factor, or even the most important one, then the conversation is over. What a fucking waste of time.
>>225842008
>greenland sea ice in unstoppable melt pattern
Fun fact (and you'll finally learn something new today): Greenland ice melting will cause Europe to become colder! That's because it will block all the warm water coming from the Caribbean.
>>
>>225842107
No, there's proof. But unless you become a climate scientists yourself you won't be able to confirm or deny whether the results are correct. Considering there's such a high consensus among climate scientists (much higher than in other areas of science), I'm inclined to trust them. Since they know much more than you do.
>poles would completely melt
Nice binary thinking, either some US president is right, or it's all a global lie by thousands of scientists who are in some extremely tight-lipped conspiracy with no leaks ever.
>thinking for yourself
Why do you nutters always say this? I think for myself as much as you do, or maybe more because I consider the possibility that either side could be right.
>>
>>225842158
>If you're saying CO2 is the only factor, or even the most important one, then the conversation is over. What a fucking waste of time.
Typical nutter.
>Greenland ice melting will cause Europe to become colder!
The typical "climate change will have advantages" dumbass lie.
>>
>>225841926
>And at no point did you consider making the thread yourself?
Because at the time I might not have anything new to say myself. I don't like forcing a thread, I feel its better when they are made by someone who either found some new info, or is new to the series and wants to discuss it with others.
If I have a good reason I will make the thread, but if I don't really have anything to say myself, I feel I can not start a quality thread.
> implying you don't care about a YouTuber's opinion unless they're popular
I was more going for
>big youtubers don't cover the stuff I usually like
When a new show comes out I don't go
>omg, I wonder what E-celeb #1, E-celeb #2 and E-celeb #3 think about it!
but
>This is an interesting show, I wonder what places other than /a/ think about it
and I mainly check Youtube because I feel thats where you will find the opinions people will parrot.
>>
>>225842060
Imagine how awkward it will be when after 20 years we still will be posting in this shithole. But even then I know you'll just go "give it 20 years more".
>>
>>225842232
Human society isn't going to exist in the same form in 20 years.
>>
>>225842206
>schizo /pol/
Election tourists were a mistake. They're everywhere on the site now and start their dumb propaganda. You and me got baited into it, I'll also stop.
>>
>>225842239
Yeah, imagine how awkward the day will be. In fact I'll make a SSR thread 20 years from now on to prove we're still here, mark the date fuckboi.
>>
>>225842288
>Wait, are you claiming the environment already collapsed?

Yes. It measurably has.
>>
>>225842307
I'm taking the waifu highway in 10 years max regardless

when the drone wars start all the light will be sucked out of life, and that's probably 7 years max.
>>
>>225842374
girls last tour does NOT come across as dark. it comes across as comfy, hopeful, and teaches about enjoying the moment. the world IS gonna start going fucking nuts soon, I suggest you learn to appreciate the sentiment in any way you can.
>>
File: 1263563947567.jpg (200 KB, 837x1158)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>225842388
>Then you're operating on a pretty extreme definitions here, buddy.

Not even remotely. You just don't know the first thing about what you're talking about, yet wanted to get in an argument about it. Note that you attacked my position instead of asking why. You don't care about knowledge, you don't care to know more, you simply see me as a position to defeat on the internet to get (You)s and dopamine feeling like you won, to yourself.

It says a lot about you that you didn't ask Why, and instead attacked the source.

People who ask Why are one type of person among many. And if someone in this thread is one, they understand that. But for people like you- who don't ask why- it's all opaque to you.

I feel sorry for you though because I know 4chan taught a lot of you to be this way. It's really sad. The internet from my youth, the unparalleled land of finally understanding Why, turned into a place where people go to become stupid.
>>
File: 1597946988781.jpg (240 KB, 783x535)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>225842409
>>
Could you autists enjoy the potatoes instead of shitting up the thread with your fedora-tier opinions
>>
>>225842206
>This is not a spoonfeeding site
It's almost like you can't back up what you're saying and you just wanna talk shit.
>>
>>225842558
you got fucking dismissed to do your own research, people are not beholden to educate your fucking ignorant teenage ass, that does not win you any argument in life, it just lowers you when you smugly accept that your ignorance is fine for you

because you are a person who doesn't ask Why

I am fine with you not knowing. But don't count that as your win. You have a whole stack of things you don't know, don't you?
>>
>>225842558
Go b a schizo copy pasting bullshit somewhere else.
>>
ah sweet a tkmiz thread
>>
File: DCLdXflK-.jpg (304 KB, 823x1200)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>
>>225842449
>You don't care about knowledge, you don't care to know more, you simply see me as a position to defeat on the internet to get (You)s and dopamine feeling like you won, to yourself.
Nice projection from a dude that wrote a fucking essay that says literally nothing outside berating me. I'm not going to pretend you've said something really analytical when your post amounts to doomsday ramble and silly assumptions. Nothing you've said really convinced me over the idea that the world has already collapsed, what you really yourself stated, when it's immidiately apparent to anyone that the western world is still largely doing better and more liveable than during literally any historic era. But I guess you already said it yourself while projecting, there's no changing your mind. You're free to dwell in the idea that we're cosmically the worst generation and actually already dead.
>>
>>225842838
The processes that begin the collapse of the world have irreversibly initiated, this is not the same as saying the world collapsed. I said the ecosystem has already collapsed, which it has, you can look it up. You didn't ask what you should look up.

the reason I'm critical of you is because you now infest this site. You can believe it or not but the general IQ on 4chan used to be much, much, much higher.

I'm not making exotic claims so I don't need to post links left and right. Saying things that sound scary seems unfamiliar because everyone is lying to themselves about the stage we're at right now. Those who are analytical know. have some pnas

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/2/e2023989118
>>
>>225843019
It's all because of election tourists, which brought in all the schizos, even antivaxxers arrived now.
>>
File: 1600114634378.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1920)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>225842603
A Tkmiz thread filled with people who want society to die in less than 10 years!
>>
I think 10 years is a bit too soon. There is too much latency in the system's pipelines for anything radical to happen this quickly. 40 years seem like a sure bet, though.
>>
File: 6534635.jpg (83 KB, 639x595)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>225837756
>>225838530
T-they...are o-ok now? R-right guys?
>>
I do not believe that the human species or even modern society or its systems of governance will die. It's more like that a drastic and cataclysmic change will occur which completely changes how life is for the average individual.
>>
>>225843019
>pnas
Shit source. Use ochnchn.net instead
>>
>>225843065
No it's not. It's because of phones. the decline started with phoneposters
>>
>>225843019
>this is not the same as saying the world collapsed. I said the ecosystem has already collapsed, which it has, you can look it up. You didn't ask what you should look up
Oh so your grand master move is that you purposefully communicate unclearly and think that makes you a high IQ individual, I see I see. I think it's unnecessary to note that in any context this is absolutely fucking retarded and I can't believe you're not embarrassed to actually write this all out. Look, even if I initially commented on what ultimately amounts to apparently fucked up semantics now, you're still regardless operating on doomsday predictions. As other anons pointed out, we shall see if we're ultimately posting here in another 10 or 20 years as it amounts to guesswork, but whatever the case I sincerely hope you've offed yourself already before that for the fear of a vague future that in reality might never arrive.
>>
>>225843338
>Oh so your grand master move is that you purposefully communicate unclearly

LOL YOU LITERALLY
SAID I SAID SOMETHING I DIDNT SAY
AND THEN WHEN I REPEAT THE SAME THING I SAID
YOU SAID IM "COMMUNICATING UNCLEARLY"

FUCK
OFF
BACK TO /POL/
ABSOLUTELY NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE
YOU AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO USE THIS SITE
>>
File: 1575082594480.png (2.73 MB, 2560x1440)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
>>225839685
>denying reality.
>>
>>225837756
riko’s fat butt
>>
>>225837756
OP here, to add some thoughts, do you guys think there was ever any hope of them surviving if they somehow managed to get parachutes from the airbase when they met Ishii so that they could go down the levels again once they reached the top? This thought came across my mind, but even then I don't think they would survive for long given how much struggle they would have to go through without their vehicle. And after they reached the top, which was essentially their life goal, there wasn't really much left to do at this dead world, so I guess it really was the best for it to end the way it did.

A question: at some point it seems they lose their camera, but I can't seem to remember when it happened, does anyone know it?
>>
>>225843565
>at some point it seems they lose their camera, but I can't seem to remember when it happened, does anyone know it?
I don't remember too well, but I think they burned it.
>>
>>225843372
No, if we want to go literal, you claim that the environment has literally collapsed, and when pressed about that instead switch scope to speaking about some specific part of ecosystem being in the process of collapse. That's what happened here and I can quote the specific posts if you have a problem with comprehension. Also I hope you understand that all caps reddit spacing doesn't paint you with the intellectual superiority you're obviously gunning for - which is ironic, considering you previously chalk this as personal vanity. For a guy who speaks about offing himself, you're really keen on backpedaling and saving face. Considering you care this much, I don't think you even have the guts to pull the trigger, you fucking poser.
>>
File: Est3An7VkAQyTQr.jpg (64 KB, 960x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>225843372
>>
>>225843654
>No, if we want to go literal, you claim that the environment has literally collapsed

False. said ecosystem. didnt read rest
>>
>>225843736
Sure you did, faggot.
>>225842332
>>Wait, are you claiming the environment already collapsed?
>Yes. It measurably has.
Nice "ecosystem" there, buddy. And you totally did read the rest of the post, too. Obsessive shitposters always do.
>>
>>225843338
Kill yourself already. No matter what, it'll be a net positive.
>>
>>225843565
>do you guys think there was ever any hope of them surviving
not the point of the story, which is the acceptance of entropy and the unescapability of death
>>
>>225838530
>The anime was never going to cover all of the content in the manga
What? Why? Isn't it relatively short? From the sounds of it, a true manga adaptation would make it look as if it would be anime of the century based on what anons are saying.
>>
File: yiyG898.jpg (62 KB, 1080x1080)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
this isn't the zetsubou thread I remember...
>>
>>225843813
response to another isn't the same as my own words. from that point on i specifically used the word ecosystem because the ecosystem is the part of the environment that has measurably collapsed.

>part of the ecosystem

here you show your ignorance, not realizing that acidified oceans full of algae and krill can't feed half the world, and crops unpollinated can't feed the other half.

there's a reason it's called the eco"system". nothing is "part" of it. they're parts of a SYSTEM specifically.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0185809

this shit is not coming, it's here now, the world is experiencing the effects today and you will personally experience the effects soon.
>>
File: stares.jpg (12 KB, 456x173)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>225843871
The environmentalist and antienvironmentalist have clashed and this is the result, shitposting and bait.
>>
>>225843891
>response to another isn't the same as my own words
Now look here kid, you can't confirm something and then say you actually mean something entirely different. Even if you still want to for some reason claim that's how language and communication works (it doesn't) then you'd still be a gigantic faggot for writing incoherent and misleading posts, which we covered previously already. You've been backpedaling this entire time and it's now already next level pathetic. Really looking for that next obsessive shitpost where you explain by some leap why this supposedly makes all sense and your all-caps-ass isn't the one being a retard.
>>
>>225844018
Except he's right.
>>
>>225844018
I haven't backpedaled once.

You gotta stop believing the things you say so much. It's tearing you out of reality.
>>
File: 1603586903512.png (420 KB, 682x1579)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>
>>225843216
They just went to sleep
>>
File: Sleep tight tatters.png (587 KB, 764x591)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
>>225843216
>>225844186
>>
>>225844077
Only way your intention in the post I quoted would be different is if you either purposefully lied or were generally so stupid and confused that you wouldn't realize what you were actually affirming. It's very literal. There's really no other way to look at it, but you still keep backpedaling. Can't believe all your shoddy points boiled down to irrelevant semantics, yet you're still here.
>>
>>225843848
Their struggle for survival was one of the most important parts of the point of the story, regardless of how long they did it. The point of the story is not "the acceptance of entropy and the unescapability of death", but rather the opposite, they did not accept entropy, their struggled until the very end when they reached their goal, only after they did it they accepted their fate. If anything, I'd say the point the manga tried to pass was to enjoy life even if there is no future, to be happy that it happened rather than sad that it can't go on forever.
>>
>>225844018
Do you deny the scarcity of bees and the woeful consequences it's going to have in our world?
>>
File: 1606029753783.png (1.19 MB, 1200x1300)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>225839345
I hope they'd get it stocked. Is it so hard to keep a stock of something that clearly sells or is this muh covid?
>>
>>225837756
Man I just finished reading all of it and shit... now I'm sad, real sad. This manga really is something else.
It really was the only way for it to end but even still, it fucks with you, poor girls.
>>
File: 18.jpg (129 KB, 640x910)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
I am currently committing big sad, FUCK. What a sad little manga I wanna hug these two.
>>
>all this doomposting about climate change
Who fucking cares, life will go on. Even human life will go on. If shit gets bad enough we'll just spray some ammonia in the upper atmosphere or set up a mirror shield on the L1 Lagrange point and watch as temperatures plummet, and that'll be the end of that. We'll keep fucking over the biosphere, no doubt, but we still have many centuries to go before we fuck it up so much we can't survive on Earth anymore.
>>
>>225841829
Why does he look so sad, bros?
>>
>>225846593
Not even the barrier of species and language may prevent tkmiz from imparting the zetsubou onto another living being
>>
File: bloodfish.jpg (74 KB, 1200x750)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>225846764
"The tale of the fish who gave me depression"
-Tkimz's Shima Inu
>>
File: 1509133087688.jpg (116 KB, 1235x1000)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Those 2 potatoes will always be in my heart next to my 2k3 Kino potatoe.
>>
>>225848064
nice taste anon
those two really do go hand in hand
>>
File: 1562839949466.jpg (1.11 MB, 3626x2598)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>225848159
Taters go good with Taters
>>
File: 1622207762487.jpg (22 KB, 502x500)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>225848934
Potato supremacy
>>
>>225845990
It really does, we essentially get to see these girls live their daily lives and then they reach their final goal and we realize there's really only death waiting for them.
>>
>>225849961
>we realize there's really only death waiting for them.
But death waits for everyone in the end.
>>
>>225849961
The same could be said for us all.
>>
>>225842186
>maybe more because I consider the possibility that either side could be right
You clearly don't, considering you keep resorting to ad hominem and strawmen.
>>
>>225850713
>>225850716
That's true but we're not little girls surviving in a dead world trying to get to the top of a city just to lose everything trying to get there and when finally getting there realizing that there's nothing waiting at the top.
>>
They lived a comfortable life.
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3600594?q=parent%3A3600594
>>
This really was a nice beautiful manga. I didn't even really notice they were supposed to be dead until people pointed it out online and I realized, oh yeah that makes sense. That said, I choose to believe they're alive and still continuing their comfy postapocalyptic adventures. It's not like the story actually showed they were dead after all.

I also enjoyed Flan Wants to Die, a Touhou doujin by the same author, so if you liked this I recommend checking it out.
>>
>>225849961
Yeah man when Chito decided to start burning her diary I felt like I was gonna cry, jesus.
>>
>>225853274
By that point she had already accepted that this was really their last tour and there wasn't much point in the journal anymore since they were the last humans alive. Man those last chapters really hit hard on the feels.
>>
>>225840971
Scamboli Reviews. Chill dude with a love for Space Dandy.
>>
>>225837756
But there was a warp portal at the top?
>>
>>225854540
The thing at the top isn't really explained, but if I were to make up my own theory, or rather a proposed solution to that, I'd say that the signs at the top were made by the Eringi after they eat the dead bodies of the girls and the backpack with the last explosive inside. Sort of like a tombstone for them.

At the end of the day only the author can know what it meant by that last view of the black cube without the girls on it and a sign inscribed into it, but it's pretty clear that they died as can be seen from the extra chapter of the poem that describes exactly how they died, and on the wheat field view which is a representation of them in heaven.
>>
>>225843019
How can anyone deny this anymore when we had just experienced the worst flooding in Europe since the last millennium? And isn't the western America currently dealing with a forest fire so immensely hot that it's generating its own weather pattern?
>>
File: how can you live.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>225841008
>>225840259
>>225840295
>>225840951
Why do retards just love to pretend that the world is ending all the time?
And why aren't they impressed by the amazingly high rate of failure of the previous 3 million predictions of the end?
>>
>>225855527
Don't forget the entirety of Australia was on fire last year
>>
>>225840841
I use anime youtubers as proof of quality for people.
If they watch them they are retards and need to kill themselves.
>>
File: zetsubo.webm (28 KB, 960x540)
28 KB
28 KB WEBM
>>225841928
>>225842044
>this time it will be real
>all those before me were irrational lunatics but my fear is based on the truth
I hope you'll live to 100 and manage to be scared by at least 5 other world ending disasters along the way.
>>
File: 1514248582246.jpg (321 KB, 890x1280)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>225854540
Yes, they are no living in the countryside with the Biyoris.
>>
>>225856301
>Why do retards just love to pretend that the world is ending all the time?
They really want to die without commiting suicide.
>>
File: 1607411414519.gif (644 KB, 941x867)
644 KB
644 KB GIF
>This is what SSR threads have devolved into
Sad.

I'll be honest, the anime didn't do it for me. Other than some outstanding episodes like the music one (because yeah, music) I very much preferred the manga. The CG was jarring most of the time too.
I will say though, I love the OP.
>>
For me it was Ishii's episode, with the last episode being a close contender. The impact of both are very high.
>>
File: 1609134331244.webm (142 KB, 1280x720)
142 KB
142 KB WEBM
>>
>>225860445
MASHED POTATOES
>>
>>225850883
Only because I see typical conspiracy schizo arguments.
I've seen this way too many times before.
It's a waste of time trying to argue with them.
>>
Which one has the biggest SHITS
>>
>>225864612
>I've seen this way too many times before.

perhaps because it's been a continuous process that is now paying off in spades? rofl
>>
File: Drink.jpg (32 KB, 584x329)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>225865009
The blonde fatass.
>>
>>225851364
>surviving in a dead world trying to get to the top of a city just to lose everything trying to get there and when finally getting there realizing that there's nothing waiting at the top.

dunno, sounds pretty much like my life desu
>>
>>225855527
>How can anyone deny this anymore when we had just experienced the worst flooding in Europe since the last millennium?
Since I actually live in one of the countries that suffered in this flood, and has flooded before I can say that this is absolutely not true.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sea_flood_of_1953
>1,836 died in the Netherlands alone
>307 in england
>28 in Belgium
>19 in scotland
>230 on sea (as a bonus)
And thats just the deaths since there was much more damage besides that. This is one of the few that I can remember because of how severe this flood was. This one happened about 70 years ago so the current floods aren't even the worst floods of the century by a long shot, mind you.
>>
File: Stalker.png (161 KB, 2160x1620)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>225866686
>1,836 died in the Netherlands alone
Living there sure looks like a gamble everytime there is a flood.
>>
File: file.png (1.22 MB, 1000x705)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>225867183
That really used to be the case until the dutch decided to make dikes that lined every coast and drained a sea in the interior, turning it into a couple lakes. The only floods that happen nowadays are rivers overflowing because of rainfall upstream, which is whats happening now.
>>
>>225859305
100% agree. The music (and the extended camera sequence) are really the only reasons to watch the anime. It did get me into the manga though, so I'm glad it exists.
>>
>>225866686
>heavy rain falls drowning everything versus sea storm breaking dikes
>time where they couldn't save as many people with helicopters and better communication
I'm not sure about this. But what really matters is whether extreme events are becoming more common, not necessarily what magnitude they have.
>>
>>225867336
>be dutch in 1953
>get flooded by the sea
>build dike
>think you're safe
>no, fuck
>get flooded by the river
They can't catch a break huh
>>
>>225837756
Can I pick this up where the anime left off or should I start from the beginning?
>>
>>225869123
You can pick up from where the anime left, the anime adapts the manga chapter by chapter, there is no difference.
>>
File: E6tvQa1VoAI87jR.jpeg.jpg (216 KB, 2048x1536)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>225867605
It doesn't happen frequently from what I know, last time I remember a flood like this was like a decade ago.
>>225867680
I do wonder why rivers don't have the same kind of prevention measures like the sea but that might just be because of how much of a threat it is, things like flood plains do exist to lower risk.
>>
File: E6sNiRiXoAMME9t.jpeg.jpg (431 KB, 2048x1531)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>225869123
I've read volume 5&6 after the anime and reread the whole thing later on. Story wise theres no difference but the manga does have some very beautiful panels
>>
>>225859305
>This is what SSR threads have devolved into
hi i just got here. what happened. did the suicide cultists ruin it again
>>
>>225869123
Just start from the beginning, it's not like it's very long. It only takes a couple hours to read the whole thing, though I recommend splitting that up so you have a bit more time to let it sit with you. If you just finished the anime recently and don't want to immediately reread the same parts then just wait a few weeks or a couple months or something. The manga is really special and worth experiencing properly.

>>225859305
>>225866426
I thought the voice acting and comedic direction were really great too. I'll agree that the CG was a fucking bummer though. Almost filtered me on the very first episode since they decided to open with like three minutes of shitty CG kettengrad. Can't complain too much because I consider it a miracle we got a serviceable adaptation in the first place.
>>
>>225870797
I don't really see the problem with the CG, it is pretty usual for anime studios these days to use CG for complex mechanical vehicles such as tanks and things alike. The fact that is was a mostly 1:1 adaptation was really good too.
>>
>>225839201
Yeah, that part was so unexpected, but I liked it.
The artwork left in the museum still gets me.
>>
>>225872368
Just because it's standard these days doesn't mean I have to like it. Not to sound too much like an "old good new bad" fag but these new CG cars and machines are just lame as hell when you compare them to their 2D animated counterparts from before. But like I said I'm just glad we got the adaptation at all and if the tradeoff is that they had to CG the kettenkrad due to budget then so be it.
>>
>>225872933
I respect that opinion.
>>
>>225845085
"Wish", not hope. What's your first language, anon? The hope/wish confusion is something I've only seen in Chinese, but that's what I'm learning so I probably just have a selection bias.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.