[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Episode 6 is out today.

'Confidential File: 623 Daybreak'
>>
>>221568576
This show is so underrated
>>
Faked death
>>
>>221569259
Real death but reincarnation
>>
>>221568576
I don't get it.
First he kills a doctor. who helped rioters.
Then he kills guards, who are beating up rioters.
What's the point? Just to show the edge?
>>
>>221568576
AOTS
>>
Can't watch this until after I get off from my job. How's the trainwreck?
>>
Why should I watch this show?
>>
>>
>>221570133
How pathetic are you to ask such a question
>>
>>221570133
cute loli
>>
File: 1489425416013.jpg (201 KB, 1280x720)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>221569558
More like to show his inner conflict i'd say. He probably isn't all that thrilled about serving the shogun either, but is way too deep to get out.
Or is just pissed he lost Sawa. Speaking of which, he surely had to see through the ploy and allowed her to get away out of respect or something, right?
>>
>>221569558
How stupid are you?
She works for the secret police for the government. There's a rebel faction with Janome that is creating monsters with the blue blood her family has. But it's possible he's also working for the government. nothing is as it seems now that she's getting killed to clean up any secrets
>>
>>221570583
Enjoy your one and only season
>>
>>22157004
There isn't any. Just people that are too fucking stupid to follow a unreliable narrative
>>
Damn, things don't look so good for the reverse trap.
>>
>>221570794
I think he definitely knew.
>>
>>221570919
And?. This is anime original. So it's made to end this season anyways. Not everything needs to go the manga/LN/WN way of strech your story to infinity
Short stories are good, too
>>
>>221570919
>>221571126
It's actually getting a manga and a stageplay.
>>
>>
>>221571158
What is even the point of anime to manga adaptations I never understood.
>>
>>221570963
>>221570877
>>221570583
Damn, what has the Jouran fans seething so much?
>>
>>221571258
Are you creating a common enemy so the thread gets more posts ?
>>
>>221571219
To promote the anime/offer a different perspective, I guess.
>>
>you're really bad at this whole killing thing
>>
>>221571219
Money?
>>
>>221571258
Because the complaint is
>I don't get it
>It's boring because I don't know what's going on
>This show sucks because there's no plot

All which means you're too stupid to follow a simple anime.
>>
File: 1613579124955.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>yo, how about washing those hands first
>>
>>221571182
>>221571314
The little girl is obsessed with her ''sister''.
>>
>>
>>221571339
I feel like most of them end up barely getting read or bought by anyone though.
>>
File: InShot_20210429_195856347.jpg (1.64 MB, 1920x1920)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
Choose
>>
>>221568576
Shit I didn't realize they made this into an anime.
Goddamn OP. Thank you.
Is it any good? A good adaptation?
>>
Could a loli actually did up a grave in fifteen minutes with just her bare hands?
>>
File: mpv-shot0086.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>
File: 1_wn5buNT6uSCoB6C9qjp9dw.png (1.09 MB, 1368x686)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>221571985
I take a third option
>>
>>221572055
i mean, have you seen how ridiculously shallow it was?
if it was 6 feet deep, no, but as shown, a toddler could've dug that up
>>
>>221568576
>>221571988
Ah, I thought this was an adaptation of Lady Snowblood.
False alarm then.

How is it as a series then for its own rights?
>>
>>221572055
There's no fucking way Jin didn't know she wasn't dead. No way was he going to let her be buried deep.
>>
>>221572055
Shit was shallow, guy went easy on her. Also, some googling is telling me she would actually have much more time than that.
>>
>>221572363
Finally got my name to stop appearing. This happens once a month, for some reason.
>>
>>221572294
>How is it as a series then for its own rights?
To be honest this kind of sucks. None of the characters are likeable, the music is stock, too few action scenes, too little world building, and badly executed writing (who thought it was a good idea to make the protagonist group just as vile as the government that does experimentation? In fact outside of enforcing anti-graffiti laws what have they even done that's worth rebelling over?). The art and animation are fine though and the pacing is fast.
>>
>>221572294
Pretty good. This is the only show this season that is completely unpredictable. It's clearly a slow burn to figure out the mystery.
>>
>>221572613
These are all good things you mong. Nobody wants to watch another group of goody two shoes to save the day. The world building is fine.
>>
>>221572055
I've dug shellscrapes in reasonably ok dirt with an entrenching tool. Took at least an hour
>>
>>221572613
Bow down the the king of trash taste, may his reign be forever!
>>
>>221571985
Mars red, easily.
>>
>>221573203
It's much easier to dig a place that was already dug up though.
>>
>>221573309
How do you even compare the two? Joran is more akin to Princess Principal than vampire hunter d
>>
>>221573786
I would also assume once she gets small opening to the lid she's in the green, it's not like she need to dig out the whole grave in those 15 minutes.
>>
>>221574144
They missed a golden opportunity to show Sawa laying there watching the loli dig the rest of her up.
>>
tread dead, sad i really liked this anime
>>
>>221574553
Only good shows have dead threads. The shows that get tons of shitposting are usually terrible
>>
>>221574553
LIVE
>>
>>
File: 1527726192660.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>now i've lost it
>>
The loli will die.
>>
>>221575787
What does the moon say?
>>
I wonder how will Sawa get back into game now, will the temple also happen to pick up half dead Tsukishiro or will Tokugawa have it attacked for whatever reason?
>>
>>221576046
Nobody knows. This show is so unpredictable
>>
>>221576007
As subs would tell anyone who actually watched the episode: Fuck you
>>
>>221576007
According to the subs : 'Rise up'
>>
>>221571219
Everything gets manga adaptions.
>>
>>221576007
>we live in a society
>>
Bump
>>
In a surprise to absolutely no one, Sawa lived. Loli is based. Kuzuhara had the most unconvincing "well I guess I'm a rebel now" flipflop possible. He obviously saw through the faked death which again renders the entire exercise pointless.
>>
>>221579928
>renders the entire exercise pointless.
Appearances are important.
>>
>>221579928
He likely went through with it so he can use Sawa for his own purposes without the organization knowing.
>>
>>221573786
You know what they always miss in anime? There should be a mound of earth the size of the casket on top of the grave.
>>
>>221581726
Muh realism
>>
The
>>
>>221570794
>>221571059
He must have, he was looking at time way too much
Also, Asahi raised an uncomfortable amount of flags this episode
>>
>>221584368
Not to mention the crow was confirmation
>>
>>221568576
I knew they'd all still be alive. I've been watching this to comfily laugh at it, but this episode was actually good.
>>
>>221570484
Actually did something amusing for once.
>>
>>221584881
>all
Nah, blondie is a crispy corpse alright
>>
>>221573847
What is quality?
>>
>>221584881
The blonde is still dead until otherwise stated.
>>
>>221584961
>>221585127
You can hear someone giving birth during the doctor soon. I jumped too conclusion to quick as that would be too soon for her.
>>
>>221570133
Only one way to find out, retard.
>>
Kuzaharabros..
He's lost it..
>>
>>221585581
I don't think anyone was a kuzuhara bro.
>>
>>221586669
We're all Asahisisters here, aside from the two Nanasisters.
>>
This show is so bad. I love it, wouldn't change a thing. Not kidding about that
>>
>>221587399
Why do people keep saying it's bad. Its not bad at all.
>>
>>221585127
>>221585289
Basic drama writing says she has to stay dead to convey what happens to Nue agents who try to escape. It would be a total anticlimax to spend half of episode 5 raising death flags without following up on them, especially after the other two MC deaths that episode were fakeouts.

On the other hand: we didn't see the bodies, and didn't we see them sneak out at night right before the crime scene? Sawa has no connections outside the main cast, and they're clearly not going to introduce a whole new cast, so she's obviously going to get sucked back in. She doesn't have enough chemistry with Kuzuhara to carry the show, so they need a third member. Seems like that could only be blondie (but that would be a copout) or Tsukishiro (but letting the wildcard pick a side so early would close off a lot of potential twists later).

I have no idea where this is going, but only because we don't know enough about the characters or the world to reason from their perspectives. Makes for a weirdly passive viewing experience for a show that tries so hard to be intriguing.
>>
>>221568576
Fuck me. This isn't gonna have a happy ending, is it
>>
>>221587899
>we didn't see the bodies, and didn't we see them sneak out at night right before the crime scene?

yes which makes me think maybe they're still alive but it could go either way honestly
>>
File: mei.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>221571985
>>
>>221588110
what is gintoki doing in your show ?
>>
>>221588110
>Posting the smelly, stinky science nerd.
>>
I don't see how faking her death was at all necessary for running away. If you're just going to dig up the grave and leave behind an empty coffin, doesn't that defeat the whole point of pretending you're dead? Just run away. Why bother with this pointless charade? But this isn't even the first time the show has done something like this, where characters create needlessly complicated plans that wind up not even mattering.
>>
>>221587908
she's 100% dying
>>
>>221588964
because as blondie showed, if you try to leave, the Tokagawa Shogun will send his goons to kill you. Then as the fake death showed, the organization will send people to confirm a death. So with a highly convoluted plot, they can leave, however, we will 100% have her be dragged back in with the loli dying or kidnapped.

Then the fall of the Tokagawa shogunate will fall and the Meiji era will rise. BUUUUUUTTTT, we don't know what the foreign nations will do at this time. WIth the French taking over the coal mines, the English having some control over the police, and who knows what the Americans are doing.

Remember a huge point of the show is about what happens the Tokagawa Shogunate's remained as the main governmental power and not the Meiji restoration.
>>
>>221587859
The execution of its ideas is really off. It feels like an action/suspense series written by somebody either very new to the genre or who is just not very bright. By this I mean the frequency of plot holes and poorly explained series of events. The way the story skips over details that, in other action and suspense stories would be the meat of its storytelling, suggests inexperience or ineptitude for this style of story.
>>
>>221572177
BEE VEE LISKAR
>>
>>221589280
I didn't object to her faking her death, I objected to her faking her death and then immediately removing any advantage this would have given her by leaving behind evidence that her death was faked, and then simply running away in the night the minute nobody was looking. So why didn't she simply do that in the first place? Just run away in the night when nobody is looking. This was an incredibly elaborate plot where any number of things could've gone wrong and it afforded her no more advantage than simply leaving some pillows under her futon and sneaking out at night.
>>
>>221575787
This sucker is amazing.
>>
>>221587908
After the treasurer got smoked also trying to escape, I was fully expecting Asahi to get attacked or even killed right here. It's still only halfway through the series though, it can happen at any time.
>>
>>221589561
>just run away in the night when nobody is looking.

Blondie just tried that and look how that worked out.
>>
File: RAY DAWN.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>221589554
RAY DAWN
>>
>>221589456
I personally felt it's being very well told. Nothing wrong with a revenge story that's a smaller plot with the larger government system being corrupt. I have no idea what you're talking about. Examples?
>>
>>221589759
And now she's no less vulnerable than blondie was, because they're going to find out she's alive in a couple hours tops when they notice an open grave and empty coffin exactly where they buried her. Except blondie decided the best thing to do would be to announce her intention to retire to her boss and then ride in a highly conspicuous car. If stealing secretly out of a graveyard at night works then stealing secretly out of her house would work just as well. Faking her death didn't give her anything except time, which she also would have had if she did it at night.
>>
>>221588964
>leave behind an empty coffin
I imagine they reburied it off screen.
>>
>>221590023
If your explanation for every plothole in this show is "they did smarter things off screen" you're just making excuses for it. It would've taken literally 2 seconds to show them covering the grave and they didn't bother, because the writer evidently didn't realize their mistake.
>>
>>221590072
There is absolutely no point in leaving the coffin unburied.
Why would they waste time showing obvious things.
>>
>>221589972
it's already announced that running away whether secretly or not will get you killed. Janome he betrayed the shogan and they tried to kill him. the middle aged woman tried to escape at night and got killed. The reverse trap is getting hunted down, blondie died by announcing her retirement, now they're trying to fake their death.

What plot hole is there?/
>>
>>221589280
>we will 100% have her be dragged back in with the loli dying or kidnapped
Once again defeating the entire point of the plot. Considering Kuzuhara simply turned a blind eye to her faked death, if he's going to use her having turned rebel, he could have just arranged things himself.
>>
>>221589962
Janome is obsessed with blue blood so he decides the best way to research it is to massacre all of his test subjects because... it makes for a nice tragic backstory. I guess. Then later you have the kidnapping plot which makes no sense because of how it played out. They kidnap Suwa to lure in Yukimura, except Yukimura's boss interferes and decides to drive her out of the city instead. Only they anticipated this and ambush her boss and take Yukimura to their lair. So why the kidnapping? How did they know exactly what route they would take out of the city and how did they cut them off so quickly, and that Yukimura would be unconscious, and that her boss would be alone? Afterwards you have this ridiculous rebel plot, and it's literally just random civilians with second hand weapons, and this is apparently something they call in the super elite goon squad for? We see there are regular soldiers and police fighting militants in the street, so how is it a group of maybe 8 people with borrowed weapons are a "serious threat" to the Shogunate? Is it for a reason that is never explained? That seems to be the norm for this show.
>>
>>221590197
Why waste time explaining in detail how the poison worked? Why waste time showing her digging up the grave? You literally could've cut to the grave being dug up and Suwa all muddy and it would imply she dug it up. Never showing them covering up the grave doesn't imply anything. You're simply covering for bad writing.
>>
>>221590221
>it's already announced that running away whether secretly or not will get you killed.
Then she's as good as dead because guess what? It's incredibly obvious she ran away now that she left a fucking open grave and empty coffin behind. Doesn't take a genius to figure out you've been had there.
>>
>>221590553
>run away in the middle of the night and have clean up crew on your tail instantly especially after another member just got killed for running away

or

>fake your death so they think you are 100% dead and then run away

someone will only notice she is not dead if they go back to check the grave at which point it will be too late. although Leader did say he would have someone pick the little girl up so maybe they would find out then but again that would be hours after the fact
>>
>>221587908
Asahi will fuck her onee-san
>>
>>221590665
>pretend to go to sleep for the night
>put some pillows under your futon
>slip out of your house at night and leave in secret using the same exact tunnels you used to escape from the graveyard
>nobody finds out for hours when they check on you in the morning
Exact same outcome as her pointlessly elaborate faked death. The reason you fake your death is so nobody follows you. Leaving behind very obvious evidence it was faked completely removes any advantage this would give you. It's now no more useful than simply sneaking out of your house at night.

And yes, I think a trained assassin is capable of sneaking out of her house undetected. I find that to be entirely within my suspension of disbelief for a highly skilled assassin trained from a young age. In fact I would suggest it's her fucking job description to be at least that stealthy.
>>
>>221568576
I only watched the last 2 eps a couple days ago, what was the reaction to it all, pretty wild stuff.
>>
>>221590304
it's all speculation. Who knows what's going to happen.
>>221590422
>They kidnap Suwa to lure in Yukimura, except Yukimura's boss interferes and decides to drive her out of the city instead. Only they anticipated this and ambush her boss and take Yukimura to their lair. So why the kidnapping?
To kill Janome. The entire point of the drive was to bring her to a place to lure out Janome who's obsessed with her blue blood. Hence why Yukimura set up the signal to tell people where she was.

The rebel plot is fine. Never seen a secret police? They go after peasants all the time. And this episode we see a lot of the police beating the regular rebels. We're just stuck with the perspective of the elites.

As for 8 people with borrowed weapons, this happens all the time with radical dissent. Are you telling me you want a full blown civil war? That's not possible, since the setting shown a government with a strong stable hand on it's citizens. The Tokagawa were known to be militaristic and rule through an Iron hand. This is consistent with the History.

>>221590553
Maybe that's going to cause their plan to fail and cause the Tokegawa to seek them out and attack. Not everything has to be 100% successful all the time just because you could do something better in hindsight.

They are at the Shrine, which is to "hold a treasure" in this case, Yukimura. We get to see the Tokagawa desecrate the shrine soon.
>>
>>221591011
I want some fucking consistency and logic in the writing. Janome's character makes no sense. The explanations for his actions don't satisfy and don't make sense. And no, your explanation of the kidnapping plot doesn't begin to explain its' absurdities, in fact it just raises even worse plotholes. Kidnapping the girl to lure her out only makes sense if Yukimura had nothing to do with it, cause she'd never put the girl in danger that way. Nor would she have acted the way she did if she were in on it. If they could get at the girl without any issues they could've easily got at Yukimura too. Kuzuhara's presence evidently was not a concern at all. No matter how you slice it, as a ruse or as a genuine attempt to capture Yukimura, it's a convoluted mess that makes no sense.

>The rebel plot is fine. Never seen a secret police? They go after peasants all the time.
These aren't secret police, they're an elite assassin squad. What if a major job came up while they were busy chasing down a handful of peasants? The reason you have elites on stand by is because there are situations only elites can handle. Literally any goon squad could have handled those "rebels", don't tie up important resources with trivial tasks.

It seems like a nitpick but it's shit like this that adds up to the author not really paying attention to the details in the story, and these kinds of details are important if you're writing action/suspense. Having strategies and plans that make sense is important, because executing them makes your characters look intelligent and competent, which is the whole point.

When your characters behave sloppily and there's no attention paid to any details, it feels like stuff only happens because the author decreed it to be so, which can work if you make it really campy and silly, but this show takes itself so seriously.
>>
>>221590665
Blondie didn't run away in the middle of the night, she said to Kuzuhara "I'm retiring" then literally left during the day, strolling down the street with her lover to her car. She could not have tried harder to be killed.
>>
File: file.png (2.46 MB, 1920x1080)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB PNG
God I wish that dirt was my dick
>>
>>221591572
>Janome's character makes no sense.
He's a mad scientist that was commissioned to operate on blue blooded people. So her revenge is really against the Tokagawa Shoganate and not Janome. Getting Asashi is 1000000x easier to get at than Yukimura. Kuzuhara is being hunted down now since they know he is a traitor. That's addressed.

What do you think a "elite assassin squad" is? They're the secret police. The US government sends FBI agents to regular people's homes all the time even though the government have the local Police.

At this point, I think you're trying to hate the show for the sake of hating the show. Everything has been addressed. My problem with the show is the odd pacing. It seems really fast yet very slow.
>>
>>221591011
>Maybe that's going to cause their plan to fail and cause the Tokegawa to seek them out and attack.
You and every other person defending this show are forced to conjure excuses from the ether because the writing is so inadequate. In a proper suspense story a lot of effort would be expended to show how Yukimura eludes her pursuers. This is a great opportunity to show off her skill and cunning. In this show? They summarize her escape and skip over crucial parts of it leaving it to the viewer to wonder if they even bothered to do basic things like cover their tracks behind them.

In a proper suspense story we'd have a better understanding of what exactly Yukimura is up against and how formidable and daunting the task of escape is. We don't know if or how Yukimura is being watched, just that she probably is, maybe, it would certainly explain how Kuzuhara always shows up at her place so fast. It's never mentioned. Yukimura doesn't seem to spare any thought to it either so the audience is completely in the dark. We don't know how her comrade was killed, just that it was made to look like suicide, somehow. We are barely told any of the pertinent details that would make this escape thrilling, or hell, barely interesting.
>>
Is this the first time a Joran thread lasted longer than 20 posts?
>>
>>221591886
no
>>
>>221591886
no
>>
This anime is made by a bunch of inexperienced literal whos. It has many flaws despite being "okay." But the autistic screeching ITT is amusing.
>>
>>221591886
No but at least people are actually discussing the show. Not that I'm reading any of this shit.
>>
>>221591818
>He's a mad scientist that was commissioned to operate on blue blooded people
Yeah, he's a bunch of cliches without any real thought put into him, I already said as much. This works for a toku show, not so much a compelling drama.

>What do you think a "elite assassin squad" is? They're the secret police. The US government sends FBI agents to regular people's homes all the time even though the government have the local Police.
The FBI don't investigate routine crimes so this analogy is already falling flat on its face. Various law enforcement agencies have various jurisdictions, sometimes they overlap and there's conflict or cooperation between agencies, but the point is every organization has its own purpose and a raison d'etre. Kuzuhara's squad are all super skilled agents who use advanced weapons and superhuman abilities to fight enemies that regular soldiers can't handle. If a situation arises where you desperately need people of that caliber to mobilize and handle it ASAP, you don't want them bogged down with tedious work any other organization could've been handling. It's just common sense.

> Everything has been addressed.
Only by excuses makers like you, not by the show itself, and I find your excuses very insufficient and lacking in sense, much like the show itself.
>>
>>221591886
the only time they die fast is when people kake them in the middle of the week because the episode already came out and had a big thread for it
>>
>>221591873
We're going to have to agree to disagree then. I don't mind how things are playing out at all.
>>
>>221590197
Because he didn't think his first statement through and has to double down on it lest people realize Anonymous is a retard.
>>
>>221592097
They did. They handled the 2 monsters in the beginning, a larger insurgence force of 8 rebels, and Janome. So what are you talking about? You think 2-3 policemen with muskets can stop a group of 8 terrorists?

>>221592097
>Yeah, he's a bunch of cliches without any real thought put into him, I already said as much. This works for a toku show, not so much a compelling drama.
Perhaps Janome isn't all that important. He did die in episode 5. Which was a good twist since we don't know what the plot is anymore.
>>221592033
That doesn't matter, you never know when there's going to be a gem. Goro made Gundam X, which was shit, before Code Geass and was considered a literal who back then.
>>
>>221590023
Sawa's clothes and hands are completely clean. So either she sat on her ass and watched Asahi re-bury the coffin, wasting a ton of time, or they booked it immediately with no attempt to hide the evidence.
>>
>>221592820
They had to book it, the ship was leaving that night. We don't know how far the graveyard to the dock is. And they had to take the secret entrance which I assume took longer. Nonetheless we now get to see the hunt, her fight against Jin, and an open ending with the fall of the Tokegawa regime.
>>
>>221591886
maybe
>>221591793
she is too cute
>>
>>221569558
I'm gonna go with >>221570794
he's just conflicted.

Or maybe he just wants to watch the world burn so he works to keep a balance of both sides so nobody can actually win
>>
>>221570133
It's fun
>>
>>221568576
this show saved the last 5 seasons... highly underrated.
>>
>>221571985
I would say mars red is a bit better but it is a very close competition
>>
why do people comparing this and Mars Red together? they're barely similar besides time frame and even then they are different
>>
>>221587908
It's going to have a happy ending a generation later, the doctor died as a new life was born. The old generation of rebels giving way to the new ones that will actually succeed.
>>
after reading the posts here I think I'll drop this. I was hoping the series would turn around but honestly last week was starting to get hard to watch
>>
>>221592634
>Janome isn't all that important
He obviously isn't because he has zero characterization as a villain beyond generic mad scientist. Meaning he had no reason to exist, even as a target for Sawa's revenge, because the shogun was behind it all anyways. They just need to give Sawa the pretense that they're "investigating" who's behind it to string her along. If they bothered to characterize Kuzuhara beyond frowning all the time, they could have given him a personal reason to turn rebel and take Sawa with him.
>Which was a good twist since we don't know what the plot is anymore
No and no. We've known the plot since episode 2 when the treasurer explained it. The shogun is the true villain and Sawa is going to oppose him. The show is only unpredictable in how many convoluted events it takes to arrive at each plot point. Kuzuhara turning rebel is only unpredictable because he's a complete non-character.
>>
>>221593798
>after reading the posts here I think I'll drop this.

what? posts from strangers made you want to drop an anime?
>>
>>221593798
cya next week
>>
>>221570133
yes
>>
>>221594249
yeah because last week I remember seeing Yukimura die and the other characters commented on her death but then in the next scene she's alive and later the other characters aren't shocked to see her. I had to rewatch that and it still felt weird. Then today these other posters are writing about how many details are missing from the anime. If I hadn't seen these posts I might have tried to make it through the rest of the season but now I don't feel like it.
>>
>>221594575
>other posters made me realize I'm a brainlet that missed even the most obvious details and plot threads so I'm quitting this anime
>>
The opening is garbage.
>>
File: 1603598523160.gif (126 KB, 720x480)
126 KB
126 KB GIF
>>221595568
>>
Bump.
>>
>>221568825
It is, but it also has the misfortune of being amidst great animes in one of the best season of late.
>>
>>221594575
nobody seen Yukimura yet. Only person is Asahi and Kuri
>>
So what the fuck is his problem?
>>
>>221589280
>the English having some control over the police
The English were supporting the insurrection, not the police.
>>
Best episode yet, finally some good pacing and character moments, I'm actually looking forward to more of this
>>
>>221597219
I think that he's aiming at being the shogun himself or get a puppet shogun in power. I think his mentality was " Can't beat them? Join them."
>>
>>221597219
Clearly doesn't like the shogun or want to be working for him. Maybe the shogun has dirt on him or something.
>>
I think Kuzuhara actually does care about Sawa and his inner conflict is due to that.
>>
>>221592082
Based
>>
>>221593798
Lemming
>>
>>221598322
based
>>
bump
>>
The fuck, why did mr.serious kill those two police
>>
>>221597219
Rebel without a cause
>>
>>221597440
This one gets it
>>
>>221600294
Rebel without a cause.
>>
>>221597440
How was that good development. The boss doing a 180 made no sense,
>>
>>221600459
Maybe he's trying to remove the current shogun by gaining his trust?
>>
>>221600540
Maybe they should have thrown some hints before this episode then? You can’t have every character suddenly flip then explain after, that formula gets repetitive. We already got that with man-tits and to a lesser extent, blonde slut.
>>
AOTS
>>
>>221600679
no
>>
>>221600602
I think that everybody just hates the current head of state.
>>
>>221591572
>The explanations for his actions don't satisfy
He was thrown under the bus by the Shogunate and wants revenge
>>
>>221600602
I think the hint is that how he's so focused on revenge. He entirely dedicated himself to reach in the highest spheres of the secret police in order to topple the government from the inside.
>>
Every even slightly complex story gets these people whining. If something isn't explained explicitly on screen the very moment it's introduced it's a "plot hole", or "bad writing".
>>
>>221601228
Debunked
>>
>>221601884
/a/ is for smooth brains, anon
>>
>>221602262
Tell me something I don't already know, anon.
>>
The fake death was too obvious but still Kino.
>>221600679
It could've been were this season not stacked as fuck with great shows.
>>
>>221600602
I'm pretty sure it was just an emotional outburst, not a turncoat moment, since he's such a high up no one will give a fuck if he murders a couple cops because he feels like it
>>
>>
>>221602997
Why post this ?
>>
>>221596138
Yeah seriously, what the fuck is up with this season? I normally pick up a dozen series or so expecting I'll be down to half that, if that, a month in. I'm juggling so much anime right now. It's great.
>>
>>221602816
That would make sense yeah
>>
>>221603199
I fell behind on a bunch a couple weeks ago and am only just now catching up
Although that's only partially from the season being stacked, I am in west australia so anime airs around midnight for me and I have been trying to sleep better which means instead of watching as it airs I am now having to get round to watching later.
>>
>>221603199
>>221603696
The only real issue is Saturday. I normally watch 6 episodes per day which gives 42 episodes per week, enough to follow dozens of shows in a season and still have time for older series.
But this Saturday is so stacked I have to postpone some shows until Thursday.
>>
ctrl +f : Fairy gone, no results. . . anons you had one job
>>
>>221604674
CTR+F this: >>221572177
>>
Caught up after watching the 1st 3 eps.
This is a fine show.
>>
>>221587899
>writing
I don't think you should expect something from the writing after the betrayal bonanza in episode 4.
>>
>>221601884
Nothing about the story is complex. None of the characters stand for anything. The conflict is devoid of meaning. Sawa's revenge plot was a joke. The shogun is basically a non-entity and the insurrection against him is faceless. There is no character nor ideal to place a stake in either side of the conflict. Nothing that happens matters.
>>
>>221571985
I haven't really watched Joran but I know the two get compared.
Is Joran more of an action show? Because I like Mars Red's toned down vibe. Action is done when action's relevant, but letting the characters do their thing is entertaining enough.
>>
>>221602997
By me
>>
>>221605727
I wouldn't call joran an action show no. maybe very slightly more so than mars red
>>
>>221603134
Who's the father?
>>
>>221597219
Watch le world burn
>>
>>221608044
A god from a local shrine.
>>
>>221604674
I'm trying to restrain myself because anons are actually discussing this show for once.
>>
>>221610481
If we discuss the show it's marked as spoilers and gets deleted
>>
Who keeps necrobumping this
>>
tsukishiro best gurl
sawa a shit
>>
Oh shit, it's fucking real now
>>
I want to bully sawa.
>>
The shogun is joran's father
>>
When this series started I wasn't fully expecting the found family theme/subplot to be as heavily focused as something typically action-focused would permit but I gotta say I like where this is going.
>>
Just caught up from yesterday. I don't get the hate? Boring is usually what I see from reddit and MAL. I don't find it boring at all. Yes I will go back
>>
>>221618474
It doesn't have epik fight scenes constantly? Idk it's a good show.
>>
>>221618638
I think that's the problem. A lot of people expected this to be some shonen power up with her transforming into a monster and killing shit, but it turned into a character drama with a huge political backdrop. Ilnow the story is hitting it's rising action, I am very interested. Now I know why it's being adapted to a stage play. Because if it gets better then this is the AOTS
>>
>>221618474
It's boring to them because it's not constant fighting.
>>
>>221618474
I can see how a bunch 12yo can find this show boring.
>>
>>221618474
>boring
yet it manages to have more twists already than most shows do in the whole season
>>
What does sex with yukimura in her crow form feel like?
>>
Meme show
>>
>>221621366
Remember that flame from her mouth? Same on other orifices.
>>
>>221621366
A crow is fine too.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that resting bitch faces are super sexy?
>>
Mars red is better but both are mediocre
>>
>>221621366
She gives great skellyhead
>>
>>221622244
That niggsustoro
>>
>>221613057
You apparently
>>
>>221616933
Who the fuck is joran? Sawa?
>>
>>221624975
dont start
>>
>>221597219
sexual frustration
>>
>>221625086
What does joran even mean?
>>
>>221626312
he works for the shogun he could probably have any prostitute he wants
>>
File: 566km6kom5.png (18 KB, 675x299)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>221626638
>>
>>221626693
He wants sawa
>>
>>221627620
well then he's doing a pretty poor job. also thats kinda creepy he found her as a child
>>
>>221624976
Did you mean to reply to
>>221622244
>>
>>221627675
Groomerlet spotted
>>
>>221626306
meant
>>221622244
>>
I wish sawa actually died and the spy leader repeated the cycle with the imouto training her to be a killer too
>>
>>221628101
gross anon spotted

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.