[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1610579935502.png (1.26 MB, 1622x856)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
How would (You) fix Honesty?
>>
Opening but with Database
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaa9-FQ_NY
>>
Honesty is just retarded this only will lead to a war. Akiba has to stick with the anarchocapitalism.
>>
File: nyaaspeak.png (127 KB, 750x177)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
Oh no.
>>
>>214513784
If they're stuck with leeches couldn't they just impose a minimum amount of gold for members to gather per person to crack down on slackers and then re-distribute that gold to creating the jobs in river improvements etc that they mentioned?
Am I a brainlet?
>>
>>214514953
>to crack down on slackers
Eins doesn't want that. His stance is that they are pitiful and need help so he wants the other RT members to fork over more gold until all of them can take care fo their own. Yes, Eins is retarded.
>>
>>214514953
Isn't his point that he WANTS to have the leeches and lift them up?
>>
>>214514355
I don't get why not-so-translators still insist in believing that's an acceptable localization instead of just replacing the nyaas with meows.
>>
File: 1610602330301.jpg (2.68 MB, 3264x4610)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>214513784
Do we let useless people just rot or do we help them even though we made our money with our own effort? I'm starting to see why people hate NEETs and jobless people.
>>
>>214513784
Tie Eins up and throw him through a Fairy Circle.
>>
>>214516067
okay, what then? I assume you'll get the rein of Honesty. What's the first bill you propose?
>>
>>214516104
Anyone that refuses to work also gets thrown into the fairy circle.
>>
>>214513784
Free gryphon rides
>>
>>214516127
killing people doesn't magically solve you problem
>>
>>214516182
It does if you throw anyone who questions the method into the circle.
>>
Molesting ninjas.
>>
>>214515906
>powerful immortal bodies that make them gods among men and superior to most of the world's population
>still bitch and moan because someone has more money than them
Fresh outta sympathy.
>>
>>214516521
this. Hoe can you be bored in a world where you can shoot fire out of your hands and immortal. If it were me I would explore the shit out of Elder Tale and just stumbles hidden quests or shit.
>>
File: 1415425628417.gif (981 KB, 564x640)
981 KB
981 KB GIF
>>214513784
free griffon rides until they forget the idea of communism
>>
If no one else is going to say it, then I will: Krusty's harem is superior to Shiroe's. There, it's out there now.
>>
be honest
>>
>>214516182
actually it does. Excess of lazy, unmotivated people? Now they're in some random part of the world, and can figure it out from there, not my problem.
>>
File: free heli ride.png (722 KB, 998x894)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
>>214513784
the only possible way
>>
I think what is funny about this, is that Honesty's fucking demand has already been tried IRL.
>When you kill the educated surgeon and give his job to a present farmer.
10 points to the anon who can guess what happened. Rest of you google Pol Pot.
>>
>>214515358
Or just don't touch the subs, we can fucking HEAR the nyaas.
>>
>>214513784
Community service projects, get those idle hands to see how Landers subsist in a post-apoc land and gain some goddamn perspective. It would really help if they stopped ignoring their inherent advantages as Adventurers.
>>
File: nin.jpg (117 KB, 683x823)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>214516273
giwtwm
>>
File: horrid fucking quality.png (1.2 MB, 841x1024)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>214516593
Duh
Souji has them all beat though
>>
>>214513784
Return them to their roots. They've got an incredibly important basis covered: They used to be the people making guides and probably hosting the wikis.

Their Fairy Ring Expedition was honestly a step in the right direction, it's very likely they made the spreadsheets for them in the first place. Have Honesty create guides in the form of books again, create newspapers to inform about current events and contexts.

Their knowledge of the world can also help them fascilitate Lander and Player relation. Teach the players about the lore of the games, most players skim through it. Teach NPCs about player culture.

Also, do what Crescent Moon did and teach players and maybe even NPCs the ropes of raiding and dungeons. Honesty is still classified as a Raid Guild.

Lastly, use your huge numbers of players to help other guilds in their endeavors. Become bodyguards, travelling parties, diplomats. Honesty could be delegating all those leeches to jobs that would fit them instead of just wasting away, waiting for more handouts. It's incredibly frustrating to see that the guild that should have the most in-game knowledge waste away like this
>>
>>214514355
what is compurrsion suppose to be?
there are a lot of words that start with comp and end with sion
>>
>>214516745
>Also, do what Crescent Moon did and teach players and maybe even NPCs the ropes of raiding and dungeons
theat's the problem, they don't want to. Eins only do shit when the RT agreed on it. Rest of that he's just the man in charge and spread welfare.
>>
>>214516652
Yeah, and then they unlock some ancient evil outside anyone's awareness and give that evil all the time in Theldesia to build up their power base. Ruquinje 2: Electric Boogaloo will not be fun.
>>
>>214516182
In this case it literally does though.
>>
>>214516813
why contain it? s'cool.
>>
>>214516777
Compulsion. You know, that thing governments do.
>>
>>214516794
Yeah, their problem lies in their leadership. There are many ways to fix them, but it needs someone to start change first. They would have the know-how to strongly contribute to Akiba, but by Eins just sitting on his ass and complaining to the RT, nothing is going to change for them
>>
>>214516745
>Lastly, use your huge numbers of players to help other guilds in their endeavors.
not only are they not doing this Shiroe says they are pillaging players from smaller guilds, where they are far more likely to have to actually contribute. in the tradition of communism Honesty is destroying society and saying they are helping
>>
>>214516047
>it's a problem that they will all have to deal with eventually
Not really? Everyone else got their shit together and actively doing something. Honesty is the only guild that have only one major plan/project that doesn't even need over a thousand people.
>>214516381
>Give us money or we'll start rioting
And you telling me Honesty are not bunch of commies (or should I say wannabe US-commies, because real commies at least forced their NEETs to contribute sometimes)?
>>
>>214516715
For me, it's Sara
>>
>>214516704
Gib milkers
>>
>>214516913
You do realize those leaches came from the other guilds, mostly D.D.D. right?
>>
>>214516715
I want to tag team girls with Kurinon while she insults my gross masculine body and I call her a rotten lesbo slut over the background noise of moaning
>>
>>214516860
Pillaging might be the wrong word, they just allow anyone to join and thus become leeches. It's not like they actively try to steal players to join them, word has probably just spread that they will take anyone. Why not join a RT guild that give you money instead of you know, not getting anything and not being represented in the RT.
>>
>>214516127
this is starting to sound a lot like what Plant Hwyaden would do
>>
>>214517007
Isn't Crescent Moon supposed to represent small guilds & unaffiliated players?
>>
>>214516948
>offer free money to anyone who joins
>bunch of players quit work and join for free handouts
>thus creating thousands of leechers
Yes, your point?
>>
>>214515906
Help them but by giving them a better direction, not just ignoring them.
You waste just adventurer power, plus rise the criminal rate.
>>
>>214517052
They existed before just within other guilds, guilds who never gave them anything.
What's your point?
>>
>>214517024
>You must suck dick and give in to our unreasonable demands because you don't want to be like your enemy do you?
KYS
>>
>>214517048
Yes and they seem to do a decent job, seeing the noob training arc was their project. Of the other two small guilds, Grandeur created Amazon and Radio Market is working on a Radio system.
>>
>>214517090
That's one of the reasons the council has any legitimacy if they start acting just like Plant Hwyaden they will face a revolt.
>>
>>214516715
Alright, is Dolce a girl playing a guy, or just a gay guy? The wiki and this are giving me contradicting information and I'm skeptical about the wiki saying he's a transwoman
>>
>>214517067
>Help them but by giving them a better direction
which is the entire reason why Honesty is in the wrong. They didn't try like Crescent Moon or even that one level 50 player doing emissary jobs.
>>
>>214517007
eins knows he has power because of the size of his guild, encouraging adventurers to leave their guilds where they actually contribute to get free gibs is pillaging
>>
>>214517048
Yeah but they just speak for those guilds in the council they don't have any control over those players, if one of the other council members was abusing their power to crush small guilds it'd be an issue for the table but letting people join them isn't exactly predatory.
>>
>>214517089
They existed in other guilds where they were required to work to keep their membership. By offering them money for being NEETS, Eins exacerbated the problem.
>>
>>214517124
Not really. They have shown to do everything in their power to help Honesty members and it is pissing the others off.
You can only use that
>If you kill your enemys, your just like them.
If you have popular support. Nobody fucking likes Honesty right now and it is quite obvious that the only reason they aint saying it is because of the RT position they have.
>>
>>214517179
They just did the bare minimum like they are doing now.
>>
>>214515906
Give a fag a fish, anon.
>>
>>214517135
Dolce's a guy who acts feminine.
>wiki
I'm also skeptical. Anyone could edit that without citing the exact sources.
>>
>>214516948
>You do realize those leaches came from the other guilds, mostly D.D.D. right?
And they couldn't continue to leech if Honesty didn't encourage them to do nothing.
You can't leech if RT guild doesn't beg for money to support you, you either start working, or you become a criminal and steal money directly from the Adventurers.
>>
>>214513784
There's no fixing it now Eins became an NPC zog tool, it's fucked.
The thing to do before would have been to discuss the purpose of Honesty at any of the Round Table conferences. The only thing Honesty has is its retarded population which rose further by almost 200% since the Catastrophe. Eins did recognize an important problem, but his solutions were horrible.
He thought, "How do we help all of these poor maladjusted adventurers who are basically downtrodden NEETs because they can't find a role here" and continually requested the assets of others to accomplish this. He wanted funding for useless projects that served no other purpose than a vain attempt to find purpose for these lost souls.
What he should have thought was "How do I utilize the thousand randoms I invited who look up to me, to benefit Akiba?"
>>
What is funny to me also, there so fucking unmotivated and depressed one second. Then willing to commit terrorism in the name of Honesty if Eines does not get his demands to commie the place up.
Makes you think don't it.
>>
File: lazy zoomers.png (2.29 MB, 1543x1077)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>214517209
they are shown not even doing that in Honesty
>>
>>214517179
Eins simply revealed those leeches for what they truly are by being the NEET RT guild.
>>
>>214517209
Before they did the bare minimum to remain in their respective guilds. They are doing the bare minimum for themselves now.
One is still contributing, even if only a small amount, and the other is not only refusing to contribute but also leeching off of others' contributions.
>>
>>214513784
Tell them to disband because their guild existing service no purpose. For everyone else I'd tell them to get a fucking job. Mercenary/general labor there has to be something in world their near gold like powers can be useful for.
>>
>TFW you finally tell your friends how much they mean to you, and not only do they accept your dorky blubbering but they all admit they feel the same way and in that moment all your hardship and sorrow fades away like someone lifted a blanket.
>>
>>214517288
You're not a NEET if you have a job. They only went full NEET when they realized they could get free gibs from Eins.
>>
>>214513784
>Won't somebody please think about the people too lazy to either play the game or get a job?

He's retarded. If being given an immortal demigod body in a fantastical world can't get these people off their asses, then why would a mundane construction project do shit for them? These are people with a terminal case of NEETdom that no amount of welfare or job programs can cure. If you want to make these "people" into productive members of society, a better bet would be some sort of state sponsored idols delivering public service announcements about how to grind mobs and shit. Might actually motivate some of these otaku fucks hearing a cute girl tell them to get a fucking job.
>>
File: file.png (1.01 MB, 900x1350)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>214517244
>>214517135
Depends how canon West Wind Brigade is
Regardless, I don't think trans is really the right term for the situation.
>>
File: 1610544834478.jpg (542 KB, 1280x720)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>214517347
and he was even given an example for a non-combat way to do it, but in typical commie fashion the idea of contributing to society instead of destroying it was anathema
>>
>>214517278
>I won't move/work in order to get better life
>but I will fight a war in order to stay lazy
mental illness
>>
>a guild named Honesty is now home to supercasuals who coast on subsistence
They're just being honest about themselves, Eins should've seen it coming.
>>
>>214517399
>some sort of state sponsored idols delivering public service announcements
They kinda already used that in Season 1, with showing of Raynessia in cosplay to motivate the mob into joining the war effort.
>>
>>214517399
>If being given an immortal demigod body in a fantastical world can't get these people off their asses, then why would a mundane construction project do shit for them?

That didn't even work in real life. Who here a New England Fag? Remember that Big Dig shit? Huge waste of money.
>>
>>214517408
urinon there is talking about Magus, and she finally fixes herself after that arc.
>>
>>214517408
Alright, so it is at least implied Dolce is in the same boat as Akatsuki at the beginning. Though I think he appeared incredibly early on with a masculine voice, but that could also just be a mistake in hindsight.
>>
>>214516677
>When you kill the educated surgeon and give his job to a present farmer.

a whole lot of people die
>>
File: Karashin.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>214517422
>Fucking Karashine
>>
>>214517399
>Might actually motivate some of these otaku fucks hearing a cute girl tell them to get a fucking job.
the thing is these people actually WANT to work. Remember when Renessia motivated them to war against goblins? They want to work but don't know where to start and Honesty doesn't tell them anything except for the available portal job with no leads. They need to at least make like a job training center or like and Adventurer's Pub where quests are plastered and they can just pick up one from the quest board.
>>
>>214517278
>>214517435
These "people" should be purged, unironically. If you're somehow too lazy to put your immortality to use in a fantasy world but willing to burn everything down, you need to go.
>>
>>214517585
Who's gonna be the ambitious madman establishing the isekai-staple Adventurer's Guild? Apparently not Eins.
>>
>>214517488
Yeah, and it worked pretty good. Now get a whole team of them and you could probably sway some NEETs to go farm some monsters, if nothing else so that they can afford merch.

>inb4 they just join Honesty anyway so that they can get government handouts to buy merch instead of working for it
>>
>>214517667
out of the 2000+ people in Honesty not one or a dozen wants to apply for a clerk job? There has to be some people. Eins is just a lazy shit.
>>
>>214517585
They do not want to work stop making shit up.
This is stated outright in the novel
They have no motivation to do anything but the barest minimum to feed themselves.
>>
File: file.png (1.08 MB, 900x1350)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>214517515
That's the topic, but Dolce shows up for a reason. The page after they toy with it a bit more too, though they're never completely explicit the connection is obvious.
Regardless, it doesn't really matter. His role as a character is clear and doesn't change if either is true, he's mostly there to show that Souji's harem guild is more about them being family than a harem, so he's "one of the girls" as far as everyone is concerned, even if Kurinon doesn't want to molest him.
>>
>>214517585
Honesty leadership sucks sure but people should take some damn agency themselves. There's a whole city of people who arrived in the same circumstance actually making something of their life.
>>
>>214517585
>the thing is these people actually WANT to work.
If so, there are plenty of actual jobs.
Shiroe set the lands so nobody could wall people out of zones. Honesty has 2000 people in it.
They could camp some low level farming raid and become its sole plunderer. There is enough of them to keep people out because even level 90s get overwhelmed with numbers.
Even the none combat jobs for those people who have PTSD from blood and fighting, they can still go to Eastal and be a nobles scribe or a farm hand for a lander.
>>
>>214517096
They are also morale keepers/mood makers of the city aka festival and what not iirc
>>
>>214517694
the original 750
the other 1250 while not a drain do not contribute anything
>>
Can I say, I missed those discussions?
Glas Log Horizon is bavk
>>
You really can brainstorm a lot of solutions.

Just off the top of my head, they could have Honesty be Akiba's good publicity adventurer goons

Honesty members get tasked with roaming the land like archetypical murderhobos. Safeguarding towns, helping landers, and generally everything else players would be doing in the game. Apparently, players not acting like players anymore is causing huge problems for landers who were dependent on it before. So get the hundreds/thousands of pick up players under your guild to just go back to being players with an Akiba uniform, tabard, whatever. Feed them propaganda about it being all about justice, freedom and the Akiban way.

Like there has to be a better solution than "Dude, the merchants need to give me a million gold so I can pay them to dig ditches we don't need"
>>
>>214517775
>while not a drain
false, they need food/lodging like anyone else
>>
>>214517730
Almost everyone wants to be useful, they're all just lazy depressed shits who can't adapt and need to be lead around by the nose.
If you dissolved Honesty and randomly assigned all the members to other guilds probably 80% of them would turn useful because everyone around them is being useful and not letting them get away with bullshit, and they'd be happier for it
The other 20% might quit and go back to being useless, but that's still a huge improvement.
>>
>>214517807
the thing is, Honesty (and her members) should decide these things for themselves. There's self determination for a reason. Stop relying on RT to give you things to do and give yourselves things to do, is the moral of the story.
>>
>>214517841
>they need food/lodging like anyone else

Food is easy and lodging seems to be instance based.
>>
>>214517730
some people are just sheep anon. They need to be lead on and be told what to do or else they just stay there all day grazing and pooping.
>>
>>214517861
I think you just have to tacitly accept the fact that a lot of people are just gonna be bumps.
>>
>>214517585
>They need to at least make like a job training center or like and Adventurer's Pub where quests are plastered and they can just pick up one from the quest board.

Don't they already have that? I thought that's basically what Shiroe was talking about here.
>>
>>214517841
low-level food costs 1 gold literally
You make more than that by killing a single monster.
>>
>>214517958
I think early on they mentioned that food and lodging costs something like 5 gold daily.
>>
>>214517870
in small numbers sure but 1250 people is a lot
>>
>>214517948
It seems once a slacker hits Level 50 they're no longer obligated to contribute, so they run to Honesty and coast on their daily gibs.
>>
Akatsuki's blue and pink costume is awful. Totally disregards the charm points she had in the other costumes. That is, it doesn't emphasize her incredibly and pitifully lacking chest. It's also too fucking bright for a ninja.
>>
>>214517958
>>214517984
Those are for cardboard food, tasty food is a lot more expensive iirc
>>
>>214518032
Yes, but the point was basic survival was a non issue
>>
>>214517902
Yeah, there will be some. Even 20% of 2k is 400 people, that's a pretty sizable guild on its own
But cultural and social momentum is absolutely a thing. It's way harder to be the one lazy fuck in 5 enthusiastic workers than it is to be one of six lazy fucks. That's one of the core precepts of corporate employment strategies, you need to make all your peons self police and police each other. Humans are cooperative animals naturally, even if some of us are pretty terrible at it.
>>
>>214518032
The Crescent Burger was expensive because they actually needed the money to take over the city's main building. The food that gets made by the general public later can be expensive, but there's an equal amount of people making it just because it's fun.
I think there was a hot chocolate stand last season and a lander was flabbergasted that they were selling it so cheaply, and the seller just said it wasn't even about profit, she just wanted to sell hot chocolate with her friends.
>>
>>214517984
a full menu-crafted meal is 5 but it depends on the level of the meal and the lowest amount is somewhere below that.
The crescent burgers which were overpriced by ET standards were 15.
Sadly he was never too specific about this
>>
>>214518063
I'm sure entitled Honesty members expect more than basic survival, these guys >>214517281 are lounging around drinking instead of killing a monster or two to pay for basic survival
>>
Would "We'll give you a money loan ONCE and if you don't create a profitable business and jobs for your guild by the end of the year you can fuck off" work?
>>
>>214518156
That's all in your head anon.
>>
>>214518164
The problem is they don't just have money floating around to give, as guilds.
>>
>>214518164
Can i just take the loan and fuck off without paying back
>>
>>214518164
One big issue is that a lot of their investments aren't based on the idea that they're gonna be in the world in a year. They could all magically wake up back home tomorrow.
>>
>>214518164
Until the end of the year when you don't get your money back and the problem still exists, sure
>>
It's very good and everything but is the COUNTERACTION RISING?
>>
File: 1392516395739.png (2.91 MB, 4018x4004)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
>>214518234
>>
File: 1610547341457.png (102 KB, 520x500)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>214518234
no we showtime now
>>
>>214513784
Part of the problem with Honesty is matching the original stipend they offer adventurers for joining. Perhaps the way to go is by swapping the stipend with employee benefits, however if Honesty is strapped for cash, then this isn't really feasible. Likewise, making your guild base go out for quests, security detail, infrastructure work, etc... would require Honesty to give them a fair salary, which is their main issue at the moment. Even if they paid the minimum in their budget for people to work, those same members might leave the guild since their expertise will be better rewarded farming solo or under another guild. It's one of the reason that Eins' political move is pretty straightforward and make sense. Before loosing any form of numbers, clout or social affluence from your guild or the populace, you establish yourself as a rival political figure capitalizing on the round table's loses. Boost this with the Westland's support, and you've pretty much left the prior figureheads of Akiba in a checkmate situation. The one way to fix Honesty could be via mass lay-offs in order to reallocate resources and restructure the chain of command, but then that would damage the guild's reputation, decentralize their influence on the populace, and jeopardize their seat at the round table.
>>
>>214518164
No, because you'll just end up in the same place you started, except now you're down a bunch of money and you've given the NEETs hope that you might cave again.
>>
>>214518234
We weren't ready for the punchline
>>
>>214518164
That would most likely be delaying the current situation at a gold cost. Shiroe has probably considered it.
>>
>>214518164
They would probably be given money IF they had a project worth investing into but just giving them money without them even having an idea what to use it on is terrible
>>
File: 1391263963441.png (1002 KB, 1400x1000)
1002 KB
1002 KB PNG
>>
Eins is an idiot for putting all those depressed, lazy or traumatized fucks in one place.
I'd say he noticed a really big problem but made it worse by using a shit solution
>>
>>214518319
Isn't it just an investment bank at that point?
>>
>>214518265
this guy CEOs
>>
>>214518342
>Eins is an idiot for putting all those depressed, lazy or traumatized fucks in one place.
he needs to show the RT he actually deserves that seat
>>
>>214518342
Everyone was aware of the problem from the start, they've just been trying their best to ignore it.
Its a wonderful example of looking away from the problem until it blows up in your face
>>
>>214518367
An investment back will ask for plans, any collateral and references. People just don't hand out money.
>>
File: 1610547341457.png (98 KB, 520x500)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>214518259
Are you sure, anon? My clock looks a little different.
>>
>>214518234
see >>214513891
>>
>>214518367
Well the Round Table is not a real government, they just collectively invest into projects they find important and everyone can agree on. Like the newb training for example. You can even see the Samurai guy from Honesty being one of the teachers for that alongside Maryelle, Naotsugu and a guy from Isaac's guild.
>>
>>214516574
>free griffon rides until they forget the idea of communism
>>214516656
Immortality

I didn't like Eins that much since season 2 but I thought that he was going to cooldown with the commie stuff.
>>
>>214515906
I'm a jobless NEET and I earned my VA money more than most wagecucks do.
>>
Round Table is basically a Libertarian dream, and the communist hates it. Not perfect, but nigga went from trying to establish humanitarian aide to communist dictator real fast.
>>
>>214518469
>I earned my VA money
then you're not a NEET, you're retired
>>
File: 1.png (1.55 MB, 1366x772)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
I re-watch the scene and apparently, you have to open a calculate tool every time you want to use fairy ring. This implies there is a pattern, Why does teleport portal mechanic in this game so complicated that a big guild dedicate all their resource to research about it and still fail? What kind of purpose does that game design serve?
>>
>>214518164
no
you'd just get people rounding up easily blackmailed people and forcing them to each take out one of these oneoff loans and hand it all over to their blackmailer
>>
>>214518495
if you're retired you're by definition a NEET
>>
>>214513784
Dammit, so they just had to drag in some of this shit into this show. Guess it was too good to last. Seriously, must this happen to every show that focuses on a society? I hated it when SAO did it,too.
>>
>>214518506
>What kind of purpose does that game design serve?
when it was a game it has a cheat sheet and real world timetable comparison as well as the game company decription. Now they have to test it first-hand.
>>
>>214518506
they probably sell better teleporters in the cash shop
>>
File: moongate ultima online.png (272 KB, 695x337)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>214518506
It was changed from the original but by the sound of it he based it on the ultimate online moongate system.
Which was not exactly intuitive so most people used cheat sheets
>>
File: akatsuki.jpg (152 KB, 605x685)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>214515906
>We aren't getting money from the nobles like Minami
AH
AHA, THAT'S WHEN HE DECIDED TO BECOME A SPY, I'VE CRACKED THIS CASE
>>
>>214518519
if you want to get technical then sure but I;m sure when people say NEETs they're referring to able-bodied adults without emplyment and not old people enjoying retirement money
>>
>>214518566
Author was also a big FFXIfag and started with Everquest, and it really shows.
>>
>>214518506
Fairy Rings used to be on an IRL timetable and players would just use the wiki or guides (probably made by Honesty) to figure out when it leads to which other Fairy Ring. Chances are it just works differently now that it's a game seeing that time also works differently. I think Regan mentioned it has been 90 years since the first expansion and for Players it has been like 20?
>>
I say Honesty need to elect a new leader
>>
>>214518506
It's a remnant of the oldschool design philosophy of making shit hard to figure out to introduce variance. Some game designer in the first year of the game's lifespan probably went "Wouldn't it be cool if there was like a random teleport network so you could go on adventures and not know where you'll end up?" and then slapped it together. And then 15 years later the playerbase has reverse engineered the patterns and uses them as a slightly inconvenient but more variable transport system with the help of their tools.
There are normal portals between the cities too but they all shut down with the catastrophe, don't forget.
>>
>>214518581
>When
He was always the spy, Shiroe knew this from his own spy in Minami.
>>
>>214518641
STOP THE COUNT. MINAMI IS POPULATED MOSTLY BY LANDERS SO THEIR VOTES DON'T COUNT. STOP IT!
>>
What kind of funding goes into fairy ring research anyways
Like are they maintaining an outpost outside of one of the rings? Do they need to pay the volunteers?
>>
>ex pk-chan disappeared
What happened to her?
>>
>>214518641
They can't Honesty is Eins and Eins is part of the round table, I'd say, they done goof picking him and he continuously fuck things up.
>>
>>214518754
she got flavor texted
>>
>>214518754
Rape dungeon
>>
>>214518743
It's sorta dangerous to just jump in there. You don't know if and how you can return, you might end up in a different server unable to call the guild and you can end up in absolute shithole wilderness like Kazakhstan. Better to have a proper expedition every time.
>>
>>214518754
Sold her soul to go back to Earth.
>>
>>214518495
Becoming disabled physically at a younger than average age (<40) gets you a bunch of disdain from people who see nothing wrong with you because its all internal injuries and think you can work. Makes them feel better about themselves.
>>
>>214518743
I would assume it's mostly supplies and gear for expeditions and rescue teams.
>>
>>214518743
I think they need to pay for the supplies those people need, those people don't do quest or hunt monsters and just camp there all day long.
They are literally sending out people to do a job with nothing in return.
>>
>>214518494
it only takes one step to go from a bleeding heart faggot to a communist dictator, eins clearly doesn't understand the MASSIVE difference there is between compulsory and voluntary help.
>>
Seems they skipped it
Here's what the briefing should reveal from memory
>Honesty only managed to find out that the location the portal leads to now changes every 6 months compared to the 28 in-game days (based on the moon cycle I think) from before.
>The location changes no longer follow the in-game pattern and have some new unknown factor added in
>>
>>214518779
Would you try your luck jumping into that if your server ends up as a shit show?
>>
>>214518641
It wouldn't solve their current issue. There's too many guildmembers and they can't offer them proper incentives to go out and work. The reason Honesty's in the round table is because they're the biggest guild, so they need to keep their numbers up. It's why they're asking for some form of monetary subsidizing from the other guilds. I guess another way to solve the issue is to establish a loan system and have Honesty repay the merchant guilds with some interest, but that might just lead to bad blood between round table members
>>
>>214518924
>The reason Honesty's in the round table is because they're the biggest guild, so they need to keep their numbers up
fuck off Eins
>>
>>214513784
>>214518506
Naomi should just suck the communism out of Eins. It's the only way.
>>
>>214518924
Then you're giving the merchant guilds too much power by giving them influence over Honesty.
How long until they use this influence to take over?
The council has a very delicate balance of power with D.D.D. losing their leader.
>>
>Hear Log Horizon is back
>Finally, something good without politics
>Arc is about libertaliran, communism and authorian rule

FUCK OFF
>>
>>214519048
>>Hear Log Horizon is back
>>Finally, something good without politics
how the fuck did this come to your mind
>>
>Shoot the Moon: A Fantasy-class longbow that is said to be able to fire arrows all the way to the moon. Due to this bow's extremely long range, it can turn into one-sided sniping if used along with boosted vision and confinement abilities. However, since William likes to stand up front in firefights, it is rarely used to maximum efficiency.
>fire arrows all the way to the moon
Oh shit
>>
>>214519048
were you hoping for more scrub patrol?
>>
>>214519048
>log horizon
>no politics
>>
>>214519048
Did you even watch the show? S1 is all about politics from second arc onward.
>>
>>214518754
It seems like the aliens or geniuses or whatever offered a chance to go home to whoever surrendered to them. Because they're evil aliens and the nature of the wording, though, it sounds more like they just permanently experience their real world death visions.
>>
>>214513784
Episode one is already out? nice, thanks anon for making me remember that.
>>
>>214518924
Sounds like Honesty should be dismantled and its members absorbed into more productive guilds, but no one but Eins can make that decision and Eins doesn't want to admit that his guild is dysfunctional and that he can't successfully lead it without heavy aid from outside entities. So instead he's just gonna drag everyone else down with him.
>>
>>214518888
>locations remain static every 6 months
>on the 6th month dispatch a team to update the teleportation locations
This actually sounds like great news. Why are people saying they've made no headway into the issue? Fairy rings might not serve as useful trade routes in the long term, but surely there's short term benefits to it, even if it's just for farming purposes.
>>
>>214519136
Speedwatcher be gone
>>
>>214519048
Have you never watched this show before?
>>
>>214518905
Probably, yeah. I mean you're an adventurer already, being asked to go do Fairygate FG-1. As long as you're supplied for it and you've got some good companions with you, why not?
>>
>>214519048
Weak bait but here's a reply I guess.
>>
>>214519210
they're having trouble getting their members to go kill a couple monsters a day to afford food, you think they can convince them to do that?
>>
File: blackmage.jpg (38 KB, 160x212)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>214519048
>>
>>214519085
Because the flavor text has become real, you would think there would be a goldrush to get the rare equip.
>Staff of annihilation
>This staff can command the sea - because ancients.
Most of the vets know the places to get these items.
There would be work for Honesty doing shit like that. One or more items could really help.
>>
>>214519238
Hey he asked if *I* would try my luck. I wouldn't be in the invite spam guild to begin with.
>>
>>214519274
fair point
>>
>Want to cast fist
>SEA server removed monk and add some tribal shit that probably 9/10 SEAfag don't know what it is.
They could just keep the character class like Japan server or EU server, being a massive weeb shithole SEA is.
>>
File: P90--.png (353 KB, 697x341)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>FG-1
I would even if I didn't had pic-related.
>>
>>214513891
I saw a touch of editing, but it almost works!
>>
>>214519311
silat is the superior martial art, cope
>>
File: 1607639013802.jpg (210 KB, 1280x1807)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>214519311
>being in EU server
>Madrid
>pic either Conquistador class or Tercio class
Uh.
>>
File: Teal'c_midway.jpg (232 KB, 1333x2000)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>214519339
Indeed.
>>
>>214519102
>>214519103
>>214519199
>>214519241
Leave me alone, I miss when I was stupid enough to not understand or know what politics was, season 1 didn't seem political at all to me now this show is just covered in shit and soon to be extreme left vs extreme right, it's the same crap that took me out of Magi, fuck politics, I wish politics never existed it never leads to anything but people hating each other to the point they won't feel happy anymore until their opposition is dead.
>>
File: Pesilat_design.jpg (1.52 MB, 1000x1312)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>214519311
>>
>>214519311
SEA has their own variants of punchers too though.
>>
File: 1403482313999.gif (80 KB, 1549x390)
80 KB
80 KB GIF
here you go
>>
>>214519483
blame state niggers for trying to shove their shit up other peoples throats
>>
>>214519311
you don't like pesilat SEAmonkey?
>>
>>214519048
Have you just never seen Log Horizon before? It was always about politics.
>>
>>214519339
LLENN please stay
>>
>>214519311
But pesilat is all about casting fists and kicks
>>
>>214519528
why does yurop get to have 3 special classes?
>>
>>214519483
Good to know you became even more retarded.
>>
>>214519241
8bit theater has been over for longer than it ran.
>>
>>214519483
>I wish politics never existed it
I don't think you even know what the word means
>>
>>214519535
No! See, this is what I was afraid of! Politics is poison, all it does is make people choose sides hate each other, become enemies and eventually start killing each other.

>>214519569
I did, I just thought they were making a castle
>>214519609
I wish! Now I know what politics is and it's exhausting, it makes me court death and makes me wonder if the entire point of it is to make people kill each other and hate each other.
>>214519631
Our world would be great if politics never existed, people would stop killing and hating each other for no reason
>>
>>214519483
You've had your brain rotted by modern political discourse. Just take a step back and appreciate it from a more detached perspective. Log Horizon's politics are refreshing because it's not here to give you a thinly veiled brow-beating, but rather an exploration of how these ideas play out when you alter some of the base conditions in fantastical ways.
Log Horizon isn't here to hurt you anon.
>>
>>214519778
>I did, I just thought they were making a castle

You are one dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>214519778
>if politics didn't exist people would stop being human and killing each other
yea, besides religion, envy, illness, every random reason under the sun...
>>
File: galactic.gif (1.66 MB, 500x281)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB GIF
>>214519814
Religion is a type of politics. It's a much broader definition than you seem to realize.
>>
>>214519778
>Our world would be great if politics never existed, people would stop killing and hating each other for no reason
Retard
>>
>>214519593
there was a worldwide poll and he pretty much picked the ones he liked out of the highest votes
>>
>>214519842
not that the poster would know considering he thinks politics is the sole reason people kill each other.
>>
>>214519593
Probably for some stupid corporate reason like they were trying to expand the game's player base into those areas.
>>
>>214519789
I feel like an abused dog too afraid to trust anymore anon
>>214519801
I'm not, I just wish I was
>>214519814
I.ust why is it like this, is our destiny to be in an endless cycle of death and destruction?! IS THIS ALL WERE MEANT TO BE?!
>>
>>214519778
As long as people have different ideals, politics will exist. Fuck off, Gendo.
>>
>>214519892
>I'm not, I just wish I was

Well I got good news.
>>
>>214519892
because killing is an efficient usage of your energy
>>
File: monk.jpg (96 KB, 630x945)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>214519351
>>214519485
>>214519498
>>214519547
>>214519592
Nah, Muay Thai or Vovinam is way cooler, also Monk in SEA are fucking beast already, no need to removed them.
Pinoy's double stick fighting is cool though, could replace swashbuckler.
>>
>>214519892
>I'm not, I just wish I was
You are already saying shit like a 12 year old.
>>
File: lenessia.webm (110 KB, 582x672)
110 KB
110 KB WEBM
Stop with these stupid politics and post more cute princess.
>>
>see problem everyone is ignoring because inconvenient truth, etc.
>try to fix it immediately and assume everyone will pitch in later down the line
>finally bring up the problem after you can no longer handle it
>no one wants to help
Pretty good conflict.
>>
>>214513784
Free Griffon Rides
But honestly, Eins is just another man desperately searching for purpose in this mad world. The Honesty of old was dedicated to uplifting all with free flow of information and they were stripped of this power in the new world but I guess being a man of the people was the only thing keeping him sane even if he's basically a headless chicken who can't lead his flock to something useful.
>>
>>214519778
>>214519892
Politics is what happens when people AREN'T just immediately killing each other over their disagreements. It's an inevitability of being civilized. What you dislike is divisive politics because you've become emotionally invested in the political divide and how you might get or have been hurt by it. Take a step back, stop being a complete pussy, and learn to evaluate things on an intellectual level rather than an emotional level.
>>
>>214519973
It's more like he continually brought forward extremely dogshit solutions that the rest of the table (rightly) rejected, albeit without offering any alternatives until he had already made up his mind to go traitor for a foreign power.
>>
>>214519973
and this is why we must seize the goods from the merchant guilds
They will help one way or another
>>
>>214515906
>Do we let useless people just rot or do we help them even though we made our money with our own effort?

What if they demand it from you? Akiba is fortunate for now that it doesn't have a democracy with public votes. It's borders are fairly open and if social welfare was extended to all residents of Akiba, then the Landers would simply send all of their infirm, diseased, or crippled people to Akiba for free social welfare benefits.

The problem is that many of those people in Akiba have resentment against the rich and powerful people who have created things for themselves such as guilds, inventions, businesses, service shops, merchant stalls, adventuring, exploration, laboring at construction/maintenance projects to restore buildings or build new buildings.

Those poor or homeless people say they can't do any of those things because they are too traumatized or feel out of place because they can't catch up to coworkers. Various issues and excuses were raised in the WN, LN, and inferred in prior anime episodes.
>>
File: Akatsuki on a box.png (142 KB, 198x456)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
Katsuki
>>
File: 1436845085447.gif (906 KB, 450x360)
906 KB
906 KB GIF
>>214519930
>>
>>214518388
This. Shiroe has mentioned it multiple times and doesn't have a final solution for it. He keeps finding stop gaps to handle the populace but, inevitably knows that the Round Table, with it's feudal mindset, is unwilling or unable to find an ultimate solution. What Shiroe has been doing is trying to stave off the inevitable while finding a way home, which would be the best solution possible. Then people who can't hack it can go home while those who want to stay and live the life of adventure can. Kanami is the one who opened his eyes to a third option: going back AND forth at will. So now he's trying to make that happen.

Speaking of Shiroe's actions, what was the ultimate fallout from the gold generator? Did he, in the process of using it to free the land, eliminate it from the cycle? If so are mobs no longer dropping coins? If that's true, the Eins' arguments get a lot more meaningful because you no longer have post-scarcity situations.
>>
>>214519483
>>214519778
I think I get your point since back during S1/2, the entire internet wasn't as full of cancerous kids shitposting about politics as it is today. I also hate that kind of bullshit, but I don't mind LH at all.
>>
>>214516715
the funniest thing about the whole thing is that souji is totally gay
>>
>>214520265
If he didnt have so many admirers he'd be hilt deep in his fox sister.
>>
>>214520248
Just because it was always a problem doesn't mean you need to make a reckless and stupid action to try and fix it.
>>
could they have made a more boring episode to start the season with
>>
>>214515026
They are pitful because they do shit and don't have incentive to work.
Fucking commies I swear to God.
>>
>>214520299
nah if shiroe hadn't have turned him down he'd still be fully crushing on him
>>
>>214518615
And that's why it is brilliant. Elder Tale is a true sandbox. Fuck these modern cookie crumb MMOs.
>>
>>214520248
You misunderstood what he did at the raid.
He made it so people cannot buy zones any more on the server.
Hence stopping Plant Hwyaden from using the nobles money to go around buying zones to lock out Akiba and also to stop the drain on the finances.
It was a case of killing 2 problems they had.
Drops still work, as do all the raids and instances.
>>
>>214520248
Nope, unless I totally misunderstood what happened, he took temporary possession of it, went "OKay so all the gold in existence belongs to me now right? Cool. I buy literally everything. Cool. Now I'm signing ownership over to the server itself."
That's basically it
>>
File: FAXgirl.png (742 KB, 1493x1014)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>214519892
Here's your (You), retard. Now shut up.
>>
File: LoGH_orizon.jpg (288 KB, 968x768)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>214516182
>killing people doesn't magically solve you problem
That's how socialists do it in real life. The majority of the famous political assasinations are all done by "liberal" types. They were unable to use merit or logical data to achieve their point, and thus had to resort to "flipping the table" solutions.

But assassination doesn't work in Akiba since they just come back.

It's unfortunate that Maihama Westlande believes in slavery and other solutions to solve homelessness. Akiba is far more genteel than Maihama.
>>
>>214520383
Too add to my post, shiroe cannot do what he did to the EXP pots guild any more either.
As everyone has a place. He gave up admin rights to the bank.
>>
File: copellia.jpg (124 KB, 640x800)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Why don't they simply spend japanese currency to purchase gold?
>>
>>214520395
pretty much, yea. Everything in Yamato was bought.
>>
>>214519245
Yeah but flavor text has also shown to have unpredictable results (see Krusty). They might have decided to just let those sleeping dogs lie.
>>
>>214520515
tfw no bot gf
>>
>>214520583
Unpredictable yes. But those fuckers are WMDs in the right hands. Not to mention i have never seen it mentioned that Plant Hwyaden have figured that out yet.
It would be worth storing them in a guild bank at least.
>>
>>214518618
The 90 years you're referring to is how long since Shiroe started playing the game in ET time.
>>
>>214519528
I'm trying to wrap my head around how pirate equates to various forms of paladins, samurais, and whatnot.

>North America
>Medicine Man

/snicker
>>
COUNTERACTION RISING
>>
>>214516715
Shortstack Hisako is best.
>>
>>214518506
Presumably there is a "cost" involved in Fairy Ring testing of needing lots of supplies and consumables because the parties keep getting dropped in unexpected locations halfway around the world surrounded by giant beasts.
>>
>>214520737
the way the vote worked on that one was "alternative to samurai", technically samurai should be the only non-red one there
>>
File: 1583544527515.png (70 KB, 640x800)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>214516715
I need more Isami in my life.
>>
>>214518156
>I'm sure entitled Honesty members expect more than basic survival,
Not the other guys criticizing you, but you are making that up. The author has already written that many of the Honest guild have resentment and anger towards the successes of other people including their businesses, wealth, personal social and societal influence, or ability to kill monsters and acquire item drops and other wealth.

So you should modify your future statements to coincide with the author's observation of the Honesty guild.

Honesty Guild's problem is that it can't print money and then hand it out. Due to the lack of laws that the Round Table wisely refuse to pass, Honesty cannot force other people to hand over their money and resources for social welfare.

Honesty failed in its attempt to set a cap limit on the amount of earnings a person can have. In that case, most of everything you earn over a certain amount would then automatically go to social welfare programs.

TODAY's JOB BOARD at HONESTY:
x420 positions open for wine & cheese & food tasting all day long $1000/per week
>>
>>214518388
>>214520248
It's only a problem if you care about the melancholy of NEETs. Letting people go home is only a solution for the Marchefags who can't get over the "not muh real life!" idea. I don't think we have a good idea of how many of those there are.
But I would suspect there's probably a good amount who were NEETs in "real life" and aren't hung up on "muh reality", but rather they're used to having easy access to TV and video games and music. Now they're in a world with no media, no TVs, no computers and they're such zombies that they don't know how to have fun as quasi-immortal demigods in a fantasy world.
What these people need isn't a helping hand, but circuses to go with their bread.
>>
>>214519920
>Pinoy's double stick fighting
Escrima I think
>>
>>214520330
I don't disagree with that, but as others have said this is a problem that has been kicked down the road with the RT unwilling, or unable, to fix it. I'm not saying Eins is right in his approach, but I think he thinks the problem is more prominent and needing fixing than the others do (except Shiroe, who also doesn't know how to fix it). The RT was constructed hastily as a way to actually get the various guilds to get along and to prevent them from becoming the PK city (or Minaim but they didn't know that at the time). But the RT was never supposed to be the end-all, be-all. It was a stop gap to help them find a way home. The feudal nature of the various guilds, who are all only pursuing their own interests and only cooperate when it benefits them, is untenable as long as Akiba continues to grow in population. The Shopping District 8 guy was totally lying his ass off about how that project he was talking about came to be, but that's the thing, they can all deceive each other openly because nobody can prove otherwise. I also think Shiroe told him to lie on purpose to push Eins' buttons to see what Eins would do.
>>
>>214513784
I dunno I'd throw him into a fairy ring or something.

>>214514953
>leeches
They're fucking adventurers. They're fine just fucking about. It seemed to be like a morale thing. People wanted them to be good, productive memebers of society instead of NEET street bumbs. As we all know young men who aren't engaged in labour or love are prone to fucking things up - so it makes sense that they'd want to shackle them to some gay public project
>>
>>214521012
>The author has already written that many of the Honest guild have resentment and anger towards the successes of other people including their businesses, wealth, personal social and societal influence, or ability to kill monsters and acquire item drops and other wealth.
so they are jealous because... they expect more than basic survival?
>>
>>214516745
Adventurers on that world are in a particularly special position that protects them from many of the crushing methods found in the real world.

>In the real world keeping education, power, opportunity from people is not only easy it can be done en-masse to entire chunks of a population. "Work harder" can be made not only a forced survival requirement but also an explicit dead-end in regards to advancement or having a decent life.

Here, it's always possible to just fuck off a few miles, and hack away at perpetually respawning monsters for money, items and a gradual increase in your power. Adventurers effectively have a basic-income ability that requires both minimal effort and bare-minimum motivation.
Working above that really *is* a matter of luxuries and quality of life.

You don't need to "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" (a technically impossible action by the way) to be more than a hobo. You don't have all the advantages from being born in a good family that all your peers would lack. Every single one of them is a combat monster designed to exterminate an infinite flow of monsters effortlessly.

In a twisted mockery of reality, the leeches who refuse to adapt in Akiba really *are* being leeches.
>>
>>214521116
a better question is why (you) or anyone think it is the RT's responsibility to fix this problem, really.
>>
>>214521169
The true motivator for Socialism is often not fairness, but resentment.
>>
>>214520672
I mean, say one of them has flavor text that somehow leads to a massive tornado landing in the middle of Akiba. The chaos of even experimenting with them might make it not worth it. Then again, nothing is stopping any individual from doing so, and you have to imagine flavor text items are all over the place. It's actually a bigger wonder why Krusty was the first one to get it. Unless it is one of those things that, along with the expansion of the world (they noted that the world is actually growing) it wasn't there originally but suddenly came into existence.
>>
>>214521052
You're assuming a lot based on nothing just to strengthen your point and its really stupid
>>
>>214521169
Half the series is about mmo fantasy capitalism. Of course the filthy fucking socialists are going to be villains. Then when they become rich they suddenly won't want to give up their shit anymore but will tell everyone else they need to give up theirs.
>>
>>214521214
agree, but that guy said I was making that up when what he's saying is exactly what I was saying
>>
>>214520906
I'm more asking how that relation came to be. To me a Paladin is more of a Naotsugu type guardian and pirate more akin to the swashbuckler. I dunno, maybe their version of pirates is skewed by One Piece.
>>
>>214516678
Uh bro... what about deafchads...
>>
>>214521052
Thing is, there is a lot of circuses. Weekly festivals, a Adventurer University, printing press is probably a thing considering there's newspapers, a giant world to explore as immortal demi-gods, you can join the war effort and so on. They're probably only a few months away till Radiomarket can make radio available to the city.
>>
File: 1423931761651.jpg (170 KB, 774x1104)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>
>>214521200
Because if they don't it'll lead to the collapse of morale and the economy of Akiba (in the LNs words) which is where they just so happen to live.
>>
>>214521296
>a giant world to explore as immortal demi-gods
this honestly. Why not just fuck off from the city and explore Elder Tale. Probably fucking every hot monster chicks you see ad once in a while return to see what;s new in Akiba. So many possibilities and they choose to drink on the street.
>>
>>214521342
truly, leeches are the worst of all evils.
>>
>>214521217
Krusty's guild was more than likely to encounter this.
Most of the top level raid items would have flavor text explaining how awesome they are.
Same with Silver Sword.
The accident with Krusty was because they had 0 idea flavor text was dangerous at the time.
But like i said most of the vets know about the high raid items. For a IRL example. My raid guild had 7 Thunderfurys in WoW for shits and giggles. Flavor text and lore said it does as you suggested. If i know of a old raid that had a sword in it that said "This sword can rend the dimensions" i sure as shit would pick up a copy of it. After i knew about the flavor text.
>>
>>214521344
if they wanted, every adventurer could probably settle down in any NPC village and live as the town bodyguard killing a level 5 boar once a month. All the Adventurers are above level 50 and should one-shot about any enemy a small village might face. Unless it's another adventurer ofc.
>>
>>214521284
there wasn't really a relation, it was an actual vote by fans for samurai replacement and those are just the nominees that got the most votes
>>
is shiroe gonna become the president of the newly formed government after the round table collapses?
>>
Fuck, it's been too long since the last season, I don't remember shit and can't remember like 80% of these characters.
>>
>>214521398
exactly, they literally can start their own village waifs harem but nooo we must stay in Akiba for some reason
>>
>>214521421
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noddXFljdk8
should be a solid recap
>>
>>214518615
for FFXI, the only timetable related shit is all here http://www.pyogenes.com/ffxi/timer/v2.html the only really relevant one that you couldn't just wait a bit in less than an hour for is the RSE timer. RSE gear was mostly not very good anyway.

I guess guild holidays are a bit annoying... but they open and close depending on the day of the week.
>>
>>214521052
I want to counter quite a few of those statements by saying that it is very hard for us to imagine their situation because we have literally no comparison to it. Like other people have pointed out, these people can survive by just going out and killing a few monsters a day. They actually have no want for anything, really. None of us can walk outside of a town, kill a few goblins, and be set. We have to do things to earn our keep. One of the problems the RT had to cull at the beginning was that some guilds were farming areas near Akiba keeping other people from just getting those necessity kills to survive. In a sense, the RT started the problem by being formed to counter issues that were themselves untenable. Without order, the chaos would have overwhelmed younger (both level wise and experience) players and made it impossible for anybody else to find solutions to other issues (like finding out how to actually cook food to say nothing of finding a way home). Furthermore, these people are separated from their former lives. A lot of them have families, friends, jobs, school, responsibilities. They have no way to know what's going on back home and no way to get there. They are literally trapped, both in a strange world and an immortal body that won't let them die. This was another thing Shiroe pointed out ages ago, that the listlessness of the players was partially because there wasn't much to do. Despite ET being a big game with lots of content, the shifting of the reality made it harder for the players to just go do whatever the fuck they wanted. They're still human beings, albeit powerful ones. I'm sure some of them are sacks of shit, but some are just completely unsure of what to do. This was one reason why Shiroe has tried to keep Minori, etc engaged with the game itself and why they went on their quest last season.

TL;DR, it isn't that simple and it is unpossible for us to understand.
>>
>>214520515
dual wielding shields is so fun
>>
>>214521200
My answer is a return question: why did Shiroe want to set up the RT in the first place?
>>
>>214521527
to solve problems/work towards understanding the world and potential ways home. It doesn't equate to solving every problem. At some point, freedom is something you have to do for yourself.
>>
>>214519483
you actually need to be 18 to post here what the fuck
>>
>>214521404
That goes to Raynesia
>>
>>214521527
>why did Shiroe want to set up the RT in the first place?
are you an idiot, how else would you organize/lead an entire town without creating a form of government to oversee it?
>>
>>214517209
>They just did the bare minimum like they are doing now.
The bare minimum for guild members in D.D.D is far more strenuous than what they are doing as members of Honesty guild. The sub-leaders at DDD are active and motivated to not only give training regimen to the members, but to also take out groups for small party and raid (24 member) adventures. There was mention somewhere (I forgot where I read it) but deficient DDD members would be referred to one of the training groups.

Honesty doesn't dare have training because it would then show to the world their guild is full of failures who refuse to train. And Honesty can't have monster attack parties because as Honesty keeps on recruiting more lazy people, the percentage of lazy people in the guild goes up. If this percentage holds thru to the 24 person raid parties, as time goes on, the Honesty monster and raid parties become less effective because the percentage of dead weight party members increases in line with the guild average. These lazy people join group efforts like a monster party or a raid party to hide behind the efforts of other active party members, and to demand an equal share of any profits and item drops the party obtains.
>>
>>214521248
I'm not assuming that much. Not everyone being satisfied by being able to return to real life isn't a stretch by any means. And then it's not hard to imagine an otaku who used to spend all his time watching anime and playing games being bored to sin in a quasi-medieval setting. No more anime, no more video games.
My real assumption is that there's a meaningful population of those sort of guys, which, in fairness, I suppose is essentially pessimism on my part.
>>
>>214516571
Even if you have an immortal body you still feel fear, pain and suffering when you get attacked by monsters. Even if the show doesn't show it, the LNs explicitly tell us that.
>>
>>214520338
Gotta seed out the smooth brains
>>
>>214521670
To be fair, the adventurers have probably already brought manga and doujins to Akiba, give it a year or so and they'll have anime again
>>
>>214521670
I imagine the people who can mentally shift to a chuuni state would be able to be fine with living in that world
>>
>>214519397
>Tercio class

FUCK YEAH. Why does an anime of those badasses does not exist?
>>
>>214517362
In a properly run world, Honesty would have politicians pass laws preventing elite guilds from discrimination. Thus, any player can join any guild that has open memberships or is allowing new recruits to join. Equal Opportunity membership.
>>
>>214521742
That's effectively already in play. Shiroe did that forever ago.
>>
>>214521742
>preventing elite guilds from discrimination
and why shouldn't guilds be entitled to their own admissions process?
>>
>>214521554
I agree, but when we talk about government that is legitimate, it has to have the support of the people. The RT does, for the moment, but they're also aware that they could lose that support at any minute if things aren't changed. So far they've done a great job at establishing infrastructure (of sorts, basically restoring quality of life through food and tech advancements), keeping up morale (Rayneshia's event and festivals), and addressing some social issues (education, etc), but hand waving this last issue as an issue of "freedom" is a bit of a cop out. You can't say "let us lead" then not lead. People sacrifice a portion of their freedom for order and leadership. That's why the RT is not truly libertarian. It's just feudal.

>>214521580
That's exactly my point. The question was why it was the RT's responsibility and the answer is, because RT made it their responsibility. To be fair, Shiroe does TRY to fix these issues but he doesn't have a good answer (probably because, as many here have discussed, there isn't one). Shiroe's solution is to try to find a way home. Eins is more convinced that the immediate problem needs to be resolved, but his problem is that he's an inept and uncreative leader; he can bring up issues but doesn't really know how to solve them, and his ideas are very narrow in scope and function, which thus frustrates him when nobody cooperates back. I don't think Eins is a bad person, just an idiot.
>>
>>214521720
>you still feel fear, pain and suffering when you get attacked by monsters
what is there to fear when any pain is gone after a heal spell is cast and you literally can't die? The reason we are scared of major injuries is because of how long it is to heal or it;s untreatable and you can die from them
>>
File: 1593710230945.png (101 KB, 219x659)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>214516715
>dude gathers a guild full of girls
>then invites Shiroe to join him
Way too obvious there, of course Shiroe would be put off
>>
>>214521803
Dying isn't pleasant anon.
>>
>>214521803
Stab yourself in the hand. You'll get medical treatment, and pain killers to numb the pain. Go ahead. It's easy for us to say that they should be okay and toughen up when we're not experiencing it. There's also the problem of death = memory loss which they know by now.

God I have missed Log Horizon threads.
>>
>>214517408
>Depends how canon West Wind Brigade is
You can check yourself and read the up into the 4th manga volume at:

https://mangadex.org/title/10459/log-horizon-nishikaze-no-ryodan

Picture is from Volume 3 of the above manga
>>
>>214521861
You get regular people treatment now. In the game world you're basically wolverine.
>>
>>214521803
Did you not watch season 2 where a guild fucking brought a mobile church to res on the battle field? They basically became drug addicts.
>>
>>214521861
> You'll get medical treatment, and pain killers to numb the pain.
As apposed to
>AURA HEALING!!!!!!
This is why they are not worthy to take their side on this.
Even the best painkillers don't make you regrow limbs like it does in their world.
>>
>>214521779
This might be a spoiler but Eins actually is the most concerned about sending people home, his main priority is to get them all home as soon as possible and sees the RT as being ineffective at that.
This should also explain why he's so angry during the briefing when he had to admit they didn't make any real progress in what was a good chance to make it home.
Though the anime makes it less clear.
>>
>>214521887
The anime might have made it look nicer, but getting your intestines ripped out by some Orc is not very pleasant even if you get better later
>>
>>214515906
People underestimate what sort of psychological effects being stuck in ET would bring. Obviously you face issues to do with issolation from friends/family, potentially being in a body vastly different from your previous one and so on, but there's also the fact that we're not as a species evolved for the sort of lifestyle that you can easily get by with in the ET world. All of which is to say that you shouldn't abandon them, although it may be easier said than done to give all those depressed NEETs the help they'd need considering the circumstances.
>>
>>214521887
Don't the mutants in X-men fight to avoid unpleasant human experiments? I could be wrong but I do remember something like that.

Getting hurt sucks even if you know you'll be fine afterwards. People irl get PTSD from being around other dudes getting their arms blasted off n shit. I'd imagine its worse since it happens over and over in combat here.
>>
>>214521963
You have no idea if that was caused by them emulating the system to battle rez.
Nobody has come back to life a zombie from rezzing at the cath.
You could blame their loss of humanity on the fact they are addicted to an imperfect copy.
>>
>>214521861
>Stab yourself in the hand. You'll get medical treatment, and pain killers to numb the pain. Go ahead
>get a scar
>expensive treatment
>painful sensation lasts until it heals
>medicine cost
VS
>"OOORORAAA HIIIIIRRUUUUU"
>poof pain gone and back to normal
whoa anon, nice suggestion. Why don't you kys while you're at it.
>>
>>214517667
Honesty is honestly the one that should do it. Tons of manpowe, immortality and niggers who do practically nothing all day. What Eins should have done is struck a deal with the crafting guilds and started working on public projects that promise jobs and income, like making shit like bathhouses, shopping centres etc. And it doesn't have to be in Akiba, they have the whole region to use as long as they work with the people of the land. Also he should've spread his men further into the region and use them as couriers, bodyguards, all around handymen who can come and go fast and efficient. But Eins is just braindead who gets used like a puppet.
>>
>>214521976
Its still happened and its really not pleasant to break an arm, let alone getting it ripped off.
People pass out from the pain of breaking their arms or legs, I can't imagine what getting a limb ripped off feels like.
>>
File: 1595522056036.jpg (324 KB, 1478x1108)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>214522023
>Obviously you face issues to do with issolation from friends/family
Im fine with this
>>
>>214521963
that was because it shows you memories of the old world whenever you die, they kept killing themselves to see their friends and family again.
it wasn't really a drug
>>
>>214522086
My cat is dying and you made me sad by posting that
>>
>>214521217
What I love about LH is that all this stuff exists in just the right framework to make it interesting. Like the characters themselves aren't necessarily ungodly overpowerful, but they could stumble across an item that might do JUST ONE THING that has huge consequences they have to figure out how to deal with it with the options they have available. It's a lot more exciting thinking of the possibilities than just being all "a character is a powerful sorcerer and can do whatever he wants".
>>
File: 1587255331558.jpg (604 KB, 1478x1108)
604 KB
604 KB JPG
>>214522100
Sorry
>>
>>214522094
That is an addiction of a kind though.
>>
>>214521742
Discrimination is precisely how they became an elite guild.
>>
>>214522122
It's okay, anon. He was an old, old kitty.
>>
>>214513891
I know that for the entirety of my pitiful existence, them deciding to drop Database will be a memory I'll keep for as long as I am able to.
>>
>>214522059
It is not nice to get hit by a bus, but it happens in our world on the regular. But you never see the call to ban busess because people get hit by them.
What you are doing is risk minimisation, it would work in our world with our level of tech.
These people are in a medieval feudal society, look at our own to see how ruthless it was.
I can see why they would be depressed about it.
But, they have the body's of super humans, the weapon skills and training to be the best fighting forces in the world.
At the end of the day, the world they are in does not give a single fucking shit if they are sad it will kill you all the same. Adapt or die.
>>
>>214522156
Their gimmick has always been free flow of information and helping out all in need
How is this discrimination?
>>
File: MwaM.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>214519350
I feel like you'd have to reorganize the slides a bit to really make it work but I still stand by my stance that they lost the rights last minute. They even had the MwaM cameo.
>>
>>214522206
Hold out hope for the final episode, anon. There's always a chance.
>>
>>214522244
It would be pretty hype if it returned in the finale somehow.
>>
>>214522220
But they can't die anon
>>
>>214521490
Saying it's impossible for us to understand is a cheap escape hatch. We can sympathize with their feelings and we can observe differing coping mechanisms among the characters. And consequently, although there's a lot of understandable causes for distress among the players, we can also see there's a lot of reasonable ways deal with those problems. The true problem therefore lies in how those solutions are insufficient for certain people. Certainly for the ardent "not muh reality" folks there's not really any solutions besides going home. There's not much else to discuss there. For others, their melancholy becomes less understandable the longer they're in the world. Being jarred by the changes and all that makes sense for a while, but how long is that a good excuse for listlessness while you watch others get over it? Months? Years? After a certain point, you can't help but wonder if the system is failing these people or if these people are failing the system.
>>
>>214522272
That is the point. To be honest, most of the NEETs havent died enough in the world.
Take the raid in season 2. They died over and over and always came back. A whole episode was dedicated to how dying in that world gives you something.
>>
>>214522236
Honesty isn't an elite guild. They recruit indiscriminately hence the whole issue of dead weight members that is being argued ITT. Truly elite guilds recruit discriminately and only allow in and retain high quality members. It's what makes an elite guild elite.
>>
>>214522023
>we're not a species evolved for hunting game or craftsmanship
What the fuck do you think people did for hundreds of thousands of years?
>>
>>214518924
>have Honesty repay the merchant guilds with some interest

Honesty won't repay the interest on the loans because any money they acquire will be handed out to the social welfare programs. Honesty is in constant deficit.

The other reason Honesty won't pay back the other guilds is that "Why should I give you rich guilds any money back? You have money, and I don't. If anything, you OWE ME MONEY because no peace without reparations for the Catastrophe".
>>
>>214521742
>properly run
>oppressive statist
>>
>>214522329
I would argue we became different species as soon as electricity was discovered. Shit do you go to the woods to get food anon? Or do head to the store to pick up some frozen chicken?
>>
Why not just put all our money in a big pile
>>
File: file.png (2.32 MB, 900x1350)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB PNG
>>214521871
That's where I got that image, yes
nyaa has up to volume 11 btw
>>
>>214521779
>I don't think Eins is a bad person, just an idiot.
I feel the same way, Eins is way too much of an altruist. He wants to help everyone but he has no skills or knowhow how to accomplish this, so he tries to use the RT to help him while not regocnizing that most of RT are there just for their/Akibas own good.
>>
>>214522381
are the amish a different species then?
>>
>>214522381
Anon, you know that that food doesn't just magically appear in the supermarket? We also didn't suddenly become a different species in only 100 years.

Also
>not growing your own food
>>
>>214518743
>What kind of funding goes into fairy ring research anyways
For the unknown destinations, a single person isn't sent. A group capable of surviving goes in. They communicate about where they are located now. They then either decide to travel back on their own, or wait for a retrieval group to travel to their location if they need a bigger party to overcome monsters on the return trip. You saw on the flashback that one of the destination was on an island like place, so a ship had to be sent to retrieve them. As you can imagine, that would be expensive especially if Honesty doesn't make the retrieval trip itself try to generate a return to offset the opportunity costs. I bet he didn't because the types of people he hired or had travel there from Honest would have he attitude "Do the Minimum Effort Required" instead of "Do the Best Job Possible".
>>
>>214522424
They certainly have much different reproductive rates.
>>
>>214521803
Have you ever heard of torture? It's a thing where you get hurt a lot but don't die. Most people don't like torture.
>>
>>214522441
>Anon, you know that that food doesn't just magically appear in the supermarket?
I didnt say that.
What i was suggesting is that the guys in that world are not going to know how to track food in a forrest. There fucking gamers.
>>
>>214522480
how is going out and earning money for your food comparable to torture. You just kill fucking goblins if you want the minimum effort. Are you moving the goalpost now?
>>
>>214522484
I'll have you know I have all the achievements for Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunting 2
>>
>>214522484
>What i was suggesting is that the guys in that world are not going to know how to track food in a forrest. There fucking gamers.

The weird parts are still a game. There's an entire TRACKER sub class.
>>
>>214521779
>I don't think Eins is a bad person, just an idiot.
Quite likely, but the sad thing is these things always follow an inevitable course. It will be interesting to see how this arc is concluded. If the anime is honest(hueuhe) with itself, you can't really resolve it with just "oh shucks I guess I was wrong", when he has a fundamentally different world view on what "fairness" is.
>>
>>214522484
>are not going to know how to track food in a forres
the monsters can literally be drawn by one retard shouting ANCHOR HOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL. It's not like you fucking need to hunt specific monsters. They can hunt anything and it turns to money.
>>
>>214522381
>go to the woods to get food
There are still people who hunt for food in this age, you know?
>>
>>214522484
You can always get raw ingredients from vendors. Also, tracking won't be required for at least some mobs that simply aggro and respawn like the enemies Crescent Moon farmed for their burgers. One max level attack should be enough
>>
>>214521779
They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
It crossed the line from
>Hey can you give our guys jobs so we don't want to neck our selves.
to
>Give me all your money you 1% pricks and all your crafting ability's as well.
>>
>>214522526
And there's likely going to be skilled trackers who apply themselves and unskilled trackers who don't. Like another anon said, Honesty is the type of guild that attracts people with the "Do the Minimum Effort Required" attitude. What you often see occur in these situations is you'll still have a handful of people in the group or sub-groups trying really hard and putting in a lot of effort, then realizing everyone else is just leeching off him, and get discouraged. Just look at African farmers.
>>
>>214520794
YEAH WE ARE READY FOR THE PUNCH LINE
>>
>>214522480
Are you seriously trying to argue that forming a party to hunt some monsters is on par with torture? If you're that scared of pain, just don't try hunting for the boss class monsters. Stick to the low level mobs.
>>
>>214522424
They use electricity a lot, they just restrict its use at home, they still use tractors too.
>>
>>214522329
I meant more from the angle of: 'We're not a species that has evolved to basically subsist effortlessly'. In addition I think effective immortality would findamentally fuck with us a lot, but it's definitely harder to say for sure.
>>
>>214522503
Because we weren't talking about minimal effort. We were talking about exploring the big world which is filled with monsters that are now completely new, so you can't even explore old places you knew as they could be filled with powerful monsters. Imagine being a lvl 50 adventurer and stumbling in the rat cave alone. Shiroe and co had plenty of problems and they're fully leveled and equipped combat group. You'd be torn to shreds, puking blood because of poison and so on.
>>
>>214522600
>Honesty is the type of guild that attracts people with the "Do the Minimum Effort Required" attitude.

And then it's their own damn responsibility if they suffer for it. It's the whole Grasshopper and Ant story.
>>
>>214522637
isn't it explicilty stated in the anime/ln/wn that adventurer bodies num the majority of pain and unpleasantness. adventurers and monsters dont even have to really deal with blood because their body poofs into magic anima bubbles when they die
>>
>>214522637
nigger, when you die you respawn at the cathedral or the cave entrance. You will not be kept by the monster and just get teabagged over and over again. Also look at the fucking reply chains before you write. The discussion is literally about how these people can be homeless faggots when they are immortal and has superpower. If just the THOUGHT that "oh wee MAYBE this one time there could a a dragon on the farm" makes you don't wanna leave the house at all then unironically seek mental help.
>>
>>214521779
I don't think you know the meaning of feudal which signifies that there is rent extracting mechanisms which akiba has none of. RT is making a set of minimum standards for voluntary interaction (which they initally forced by controlling key areas but later by established practices) and isn't extracting anything from anyone that is their own. If you somehow thinks this is "feudal" and not libertarian then I think it's time you realised you are a filthy commie
>>
Does price inflation exist in the log horizon world?
>>
>>214522637
Even the low-level farming Crescent Moon did had a rare big spawn. And then there's the max level players having to flee from Sahuagin because their numbers were too much for even max level players too handle and that also was in a low-level zone.
>>
>>214522381
Modern humans are still physically capable of hunting. My uncle has a freezer full of venison to testify to that. I could go out with him some time and hunt some deer myself. Sure, you could hand me a bow and toss me in the woods with no other training and I'd have a hard time, but the same could be said of anyone who doesn't hunt for game or sustenance, modern or ancient.
>>
>>214522637
They literally said this episode that there's other ways. Karashin doesn't even fight either and he's a guild master of a major successful guild.
>>
>>214522480
you don't really hear players cry out in pain in the anime when they get hit, people don't seem phased when their health is near 0. I don't think they feel pain at all, maybe just discomfort.
>>
>>214522484
I'm too lazy even to play games, but I know how to grow vegetables and catch fish. And I have a rough idea of how to hunt.
You'd have to be a braindead idiot not to be able to do basic stuff.
>>
>>214522703
presumably there are gold sinks like every other mmo, and property taxes were shown to be very high
>>
Akatsuki's tiny JD body
>>
File: City Locations.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>214518754
>ex pk-chan disappeared
Lycopene must have encountered a situation where she received an offer to "go to sleep" in the Log Horizon world. You saw the Genius in the previous season make such an offer, but the context of the situation felt more like permadeath than a trip back home.

Other reasons for Lycopene's disappearance can be flavor text. This type of disappearance was proven with Krusty and Misa's arm.

Lycopene could have been kidnapped and is held somewhere for slave labor or because she is being experimented upon due to her skill set.

Or she became missing because she is an attractive female of breeding age.

Or she fell into a fairy ring or other type of transport circle and was transported somewhere.

Maybe a Westlande strike force found her alone and decided to obtain her as material for experimentation back in Maihama.
>>
>>214522688
Considering in the wn shirou beheads one of the PKers to show it off I don't think it goes poof.
People also got traumatized by seeing others get turned to mush
>>
>>214522688
The bubbles are mostly anime censorship, you do bleed and can have your limbs ripped off. Even the anime shows it a single time when the possessed Guard shanks a girl in the street
>>
>>214522484
You're making up a lot of reasons for why lazy fucking NEETs can't just go to a fixed spawn point right outside of town and instagib a few low level monsters every day. Hell, there's a good chance based on level and gear, or class, that it's impossible for them to even be harmed and just take zero damage from them, meaning there is zero risk involved.
>>
>>214522627
I didn't know that, okay... google says Old Order Mennonite then
>>
>>214522694
Neck yourself faggot
>>
>>214522563
Yea but did you die of Polio when you were 4?
As a species we have made it simple to live.
Some would argue too simple. Hence a lot of NEET and depression problems.
in 100 years, we have split the atom, invented global communications, started to explore space and the rest.
You can't say we are the same as a 15th century serf.
It is not to say we must forget where we come from or dismiss the lessons and teachings.
It is to reconise the fact that we have moved on.
>>214522716
It is not a question of being physically capable of it my anon. It is the need of teaching it. 99% of the western male population today, does not know how to hunt.
Some may know how to farm yes. I am talking about the actual skills here.
>>
There's no saving Honesty and nothing but some absolute bullshit anime/fiction move will fix those in its rows who refuse to do anything at all now that ET has become their reality. Some of them got traumatized by the battles for sure, but they could still provide labour for the crafters, forced into some learning program to help fix people of the land's homes in case they get destroyed, become a crew on a ship or just gather for the sole purpose of feeling like a cogwheel in the machine. That would mean they finally understood after 1 year that there's no getting back for now.
The worst about this now is that Eins already used them to become the political force of Minami in Akiba and the free cities. He willingly became a puppet for the knife eared psychopath, probably not even understanding or oblivious to what that will lead to.
>>
>>214522637
Dude, this world isn't some kind of living hell where you get horrifically torture-murdered every time you walk around the corner. Neither making enough money to live off of, nor going around to random places amusing yourself, would be a very dangerous prospect.
>>
File: 1610097691654.jpg (13 KB, 269x384)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>214522804
>>
>>214522826
retarded secondary, read the LN
>>
File: 1609667606647.png (937 KB, 799x799)
937 KB
937 KB PNG
>>214522760
is perfect in every way
>>
>>214522694
You should check out the replychain. Literally everything started from >>214516571
>>
File: map05.png (788 KB, 2278x1600)
788 KB
788 KB PNG
>>214519210
>As long as you're supplied for it and you've got some good companions with you, why not?

You are supplied by Honesty Guild to their standards.

Your companions are Honesty Guild members that were volunteers paid a stipend to be on the waiting list for that trip. Presumably, none of your non-honesty friends in DDD wanted to travel with you on an Honesty guild project.
>>
>>214522828
Its okay you'll just revive
>>
File: Shiroe 3.jpg (121 KB, 1920x1080)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
The simple fact of the matter is that even if Akiba managed to eek out some semblance of a working society the players are still effectively in a crisis and if Honesty doesn't want to pitch in and pull their weight or just do the bare minimum then they themselves can go to hell. There's naturally something to be said about working together and helping stragglers but this isn't helping. They have to pull their weight and if that means going out into the big scary world, fighting and getting hurt than so be it. There's no room for cowards.
>>
>>214522772
>>214522770
???
Its explained in spirit theory that the the moment an adventurer or monster's HP hits 0 their bodies decompose into Anima bubbles which are then reconstituted by their psyche at the nearest respawn point. People would only be able to see corpses for literal microseconds.
>>
File: 512512356136136.jpg (380 KB, 1273x682)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>214516593
>>
>>214522239
>MwaM cameo
That's the group from the TTRPG replays. That character specifically is RPed by the author of Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu. More info on the wiki.
https://log-horizon.fandom.com/wiki/Wolf
How do some of you still think it's MwaM?
>>
>>214522389
Best solution I've read all day.
>>
>>214522943
In the LN Shirou literally beheads a guy
>>
>>214522943
same anon here, also if you wanted to interpert the situation as grimdark it would really put shirou's actions in allowing literal children to go into a dungeon unsupervised into context.
>>
File: mwam_2020.jpg (312 KB, 1200x718)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>214522964
>How do some of you still think it's MwaM?

Gee I dunno.
>>
>>214522943
The bubbles don't prevent Londark from getting his head slashed off or the West Wind Girl's guts being spilled on the streets. They'll turn to bubbles after dying, but there still is gore and pain
>>
>>214522815
I really don't really see your point. You're not really describing the difference between individual humans, so much as the difference in culture and technology. We're not a different species by any meaning of the word.
And what does any of this have to do with being able to whack goblins to buy burgers?
>>
>>214522977
The context is a matter of necessity. They don't have time to "PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN."
>>
>>214522943
>>214522837
>>
the episode where rundel dies and gets resurrected shows that buildings can be destroyed in this universe.
could a disgruntled group of landers form an insurrectionist force and blow up all of the cathedrals, stopping the adventurers from respawning?
>>
>>214523016
> hey dying and combat is pretty intense and gruesome
> lets hold a casual training camp where we send underleved children into dungeons alone
>>
>>214523016
They do and its a main motivator for the training arc
>>
>>214523057
Yes. Anon. Because those children need to learn to defend themselves in case shit goes to tits. They can't rely on the adults being their all the time to save them so it's better they learn to defend themselves as fast as possible.
>>
>>214522977
>>214523057
It's the world they're living in now and they're adventurers. If they left the kids as underleveled pieces of shits, the kids could never go anywhere since even the most basic monster would always tear them to parts.
>>
>>214523051
Fastest way to start a lander holocaust
>>
>Not that it's easy to just blame Eins for what he's done. His anger and frustration are actually really understandable: Honesty was in charge of figuring out the Fairy Rings (a teleportation device) and they've made exactly zero progress. Eins feels like he was dealt a losing hand, and he's also focused on that almost to the exclusion of all else, so while other guilds were building up their savings and leveling their lower members, Honesty has been more or less left in the same position they started from. Eins thought that the Round Table would function as a governing body that could provide more assistance to his guild, a miscommunication that is only rectified in this episode, when Shiroe tells (reminds?) him that that was never the intention and that the missing Krusty was never the absolute leader of the Table. Too many things have piled up on Eins' shoulders, and that pushes him into making a decision that makes sense in the moment.
Well, called it, I guess.
>>
Fucking secondaries still haven't read the source after half a decade
>>
>>214523011
The point i was saying, most of the people transported to ET probably wont have the skills,mindset and the will to function in that sort of world.
If i dropped you in to 12th century England now, detail for me how you would survive.
>>
>>214523087
So in other words even children can deal with spooky level 30 skeletons repeatedly and be portrayed as being psychologically healthy after while grown ass adults can't even insta hit 5 level 1 goblins for basic necessities.
>>
>>214523155
Kids are shockingly adaptable.
>>
>>214523155
Turns out adults are less adaptable what a surprise anon
>>
>>214523155
Pretty much
If a kid grows up on a farm he'll be perfectly okay with chopping off a chicken's head at 14.
A 30 year old man that has never had to think about where his nuggets come from might pass out at the sight of blood.
>>
File: 1594006393159.png (77 KB, 340x346)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>214523155
adults are the fucking worst dude
>>
>>214523206
That would be a good argument, if they had not spent the first few days in the world. Killing each other in PvP. As the sperging anon above keeps saying. In the source material it is full gore. So they cut peoples heads off and they can hold the head.
>>
>claiming autism bux in game
>>
File: 1593607923751.jpg (433 KB, 799x799)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>214522852
Why yes, Minori is
>>
File: yumi.jpg (54 KB, 1024x512)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>214522910
>transported to le fantasy world
>too lazy to even use their magic or fight people
Truly a commentary on the state of Japan.
>>
>>214523155
Well, the starting point of this wasn't one-shotting goblins to buy tastless bread but exploring the world.

Also, you neglect that even this low-level region got raided by goblins, wolves and Sahuagin in such numbers that even the max level leaders couldn't handle it and the lowbies had their lander friend die in front of them and the a lot of the village destroyed.
>>
is welfare itself a mistake?
>>
>>214523291
>I WAS TRANSPORTED TO ANOTHER WORLD AND THEN I SAT ON MY ASS AND DRANK SAKE
million seller for sure
>>
>>214523305
the only reason the goblin king event got as out of hand as it did was because they let it boil. They were so busy figuring shit out they didn't realize they still needed to play the game.

>>214523329
By itself no, I don't think anyone minds helping their fellow man, but it's easy to abuse.
>>
>>214523329
no because it allows to me live without me doing anything
>>
>>214523329
Yes. Christian charity > wealth redistribution.
>>
I would argue that Eins is making the right move on his end - the RT can't help him with what he needs, so he finds someone else who can. Loyalty isn't free, and the RT is naive to assume so. A more coherent political entity would recognize the danger of allowing an alliance to lapse like this, but the Round Table is too impotent of an entity to do what's needed to continue its own existence.
>>
>>214523329
giving the poor and useless people money for free in hope they will improve themselves instead of abusing your fish? yes, it was a mistake
>>
>>214523363
>I would argue that Eins is making the right move on his end - the RT can't help him with what he needs, so he finds someone else who can
Well, he's still going to get used by the Landers. Remember the Lander aristocracy see Adventurers as nothing more than bumpkins playing house, they're just dumb terminator robots fit only for solving quests. Their goal is probably less about acquiring Eins as an ally as it is using and manipulating him to destabilize Akiba itself.
>>
File: rayneshia el-arte corwen.jpg (2.84 MB, 4278x3000)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
>>214519892
>I feel like an abused dog too afraid to trust anymore anon
Then you should trust the conservative side more as it tends to be more law abiding than the liberal side. As one example of problem solving skills, the liberals are the majority users of assassination to achieve their political solutions. So, when you talk about being tired of politics causing death, you really mean you are mostly tired about the liberal side's way of solving things and getting what they demand.

Eins and Honesty cannot use assassination because adventurers simply resurrect in the Cathedral. Princess Corwen isn't Ein's Honesty Guild's opponent as of yet, so she is not subject to assassination by Honesty.
>>
>>214523363
t. Intics
>>
>>214523169
>>214523206
"Adaptability" is absurd when the task in question is essentially just walking for 15 minutes in one direction, pointing your weapon at something, and then walking back. If in real life you were able to earn a living by doing the same thing, you'd rightfully be called a worthless piece of shit for refusing to do so. If you want to claim "muh trauma muh scary monsters", replace the walking with working a shop counter for a few hours or doing manual labor that isn't even really manual labor because you're superhuman and any ouchies can be instantly healed by the healer they have on staff.
>>214523305
>cardboard food
Buy the equally cheap ingredients from vendors and cook them yourself. If even in a magic MMO world you can't do such a minor ask, you really don't deserve anything.
>>
>>214523363
>the RT can't help him with what he needs,

He's asking for help they can't give. They're not ignoring him to be dicks but they still have to consider their own first.
>>
>>214523144
>most of the people transported to ET probably wont have the skills,mindset and the will to function in that sort of world.

If they'd played the game literally at all, then they'd know "kill monster, get money". If that's too hard for them, one of the things the RT explicitly provides is basic gameplay training. And failing that, they can always just get, you know, a job.

>If i dropped you in to 12th century England now, detail for me how you would survive

My best bet would be seeking out a monastery and settling in for a shitty, ascetic life. Alternatively, I could try to find some shitty menial job in a town and brace myself for the wonders of 12th century urban living. In either case, I don't expect to have a particularly good time, but it's not exactly an uncivilized wilderness.
>>
>>214523411
You need cooking skill to actually make food with taste though, that was the trick. If you don't have cooking skill and try to apply heat to food, it turns into lovecraftian pixel horror.
>>
>>214523356
t.Honesty member
>>
>>214523427
>My best bet would be seeking out a monastery
You can't even speak to people. Did you know the modern English you are writing and speaking has very little to do with how it sounded back then?
>>
>>214523329
No, but usually yes.
>>
>>214523462
SO GET THE SKILL. This isn't hard. You can change your sub class. Get a job. Stop being lazy. Do some work.
>>
>>214523462
not anymore, people are able to make simple foods without any cooking skill.
it's getting easier as time passes, it probably won't be long before nobody needs a high cooking skill for any food.
>>
>>214523498
You can't change subclasses.
>>
>>214523494
>he can't speak Old English, Old French or Latin
pathetic
>>
>>214523509
Minori changed hers. So yes. Yes you can. And even if you can't. get a job. Lift a box. Tote a bail. You can do real work.
>>
>>214523509
I though minori changed her subclass to scribe to more easily help shiroe?
>>
>>214523329
In some countries, giving out money is only one part of welfare. The point is at first to not have them starve or freeze to death. The second is to help people aquire the skills, motivation and oppurtunities to become self sufficient again. In order for you to receive your free paycheck, you are required to attend some workshops and courses and also send out a specific number of job applications each month. Of course, true motivation has to be intrinsic, but atleast it's something.
>>
>>214523414
In that same sense, so does he. He needs to consider his own over the needs of the round table, just as the round table members consider their own needs over his. It's no wonder he's betrayed them. There was no reason for him to continue the relationship if his group gets nothing out of it.
>>
File: 1590246928771.jpg (2.46 MB, 1831x2503)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
Working and paying taxes is for losers.
>>
>>214523554
So is Konosuba.
>>
File: Bobobokino.png (216 KB, 400x383)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
Eins will regret this.
>>
>>214523554
welcome back mamare-sensei
>>
>>214523539
>In order for you to receive your free paycheck, you are required to attend some workshops and courses and also send out a specific number of job applications each month
this is where Eins has failed
>>
>>214523494
So I'm not even granted the language? Well that complicates things. Middle english is nigh unintelligible, so I'd have to hope the monks and I would be able to communicate through gesture well enough to articulate my intentions. Hopefully they'd be good natured enough to teach me the language, otherwise yeah I'd be pretty shit out of luck.
At any rate, this metaphor is breaking down. The adventurers don't have communication barriers with the landers or each other.
>>
>>214523551
>He needs to consider his own over the needs of the round table

Except he's not "considering" his own. He's given them a fast easy fix and then comes crying to the RT when it goes to shit. He spoiled them and it's his fault they broke so know he has to get them to nut up.
>>
>>214523518
Oh yeah, that's a good point. I actually do know a bit of Latin from high school. I might be able to communicate some very basic things to the monks if I really think hard about it, though my Latin vocabulary was never all that great.
>>
>>214523498
>Get a job. Stop being lazy. Do some work.
Here's the problem. I agree with you on the individual level. These people should apply themselves. I despise communism and runaway social programs.

However, you have to realize that on the population level, this is a serious problem that needs to be dealt with. Pointing the finger at a mass of people and saying "Get a job! It's your fault you suck!" every day doesn't actually accomplish anything. It doesn't change things, and you're just slamming your head into a wall if you think it will. LH provides an interesting twist in that these people will never starve to death, but they'll still be left around idle on the streets. They'll bring down the morale and spirit of the town and eventually they'll get involved in trouble, and you'll have a growing population of riffraff turning your entire city into a miserable broken-window theory slum. These problems require real solutions, and the solutions aren't easy or obvious.
>>
>>214523551
His group got funding for their project, was invited to the training that got everyone above 50 and get access to all the faculties the Round Table pays for. The other guilds create engines, a university, festivals, Amazon, Radio, Security
>>
>>214523527
Ok, disregard.
>>
If Honesty is composed mostly of useless losers, why is their defection something to worry about? Layabouts who can't even be bothered to fight a handful of goblins probably aren't a threat to anyone.
>>
>>214523554
Work good, tax bad. Is not the sweat of a man's brow his own??
>>
>>214523575
I was using it as a comparable situation as most Isekai story's use medieval Europe and England as their fantasy back drop.
Usually there is a line about learning language, but the speaking the same language is really only done for audience convenience.
My point was, you are being dropped from a nice safe life, in to a time where not living past 1 was common. But i think we have derailed this thread enough.
>>
>>214523634
Sheer numbers, enemies in your own city and the rift it will create between Akiba and Eastal
>>
>akiba is now full of immortal bums/neets

is a very interesting problem since usually the solution retarded people have for this problem is to kill or let die the bums
>>
>>214523634
Imagine your nice neighborhood turned into a shithole where you have to step over filthy drunken bodies buzzing with flies in order to get into your apartment, and you can't move to a nicer place because the prices have gone up in the neighborhoods all your friends fled to while the value of your home has gone down.
>>
>>214523634
>why is their defection something to worry about?
>the largest guild in your city is now part of another kingdom and has their office in the middle of town and also openly declare they cut things off with your government
yeah how would that go wrong I wonder
>>
File: krustyhand.png (497 KB, 724x442)
497 KB
497 KB PNG
What has krusty done with the hand?
How much can he sell it for?
Would you buy it?
>>
listening to rundel speak is probably what it's like for japanese people hearing weebs talk
>>
>>214523735
>What has krusty done with the hand?
masturbate
>>
>>214523622
The issue is, they have done what is responsible to something like the RT.
They have made training available to ANYONE who needs it and mandatory training to level 50.
You can lead a cow to water, but you can't make it drink.
Eines and his commie bullshit is just resentment based as it is said in the LN.
It is literally loot envy from raiding in WoW all over again.
>>
>>214523494
Your analogy is asinine because all of the people forced into ET have no language barriers, and on top of that, are familiarized with the world of the game because they fucking played it and (after a learning period where they realized the menu fucks it all up) have all the skills their character had. I admittedly haven't read the LN, but there weren't any instances of "gee I had a level 50 tailoring skill but don't know how to sew in real life so I can't use it at all" as far as I'm aware. To make it in line with your hypothetical, you'd basically be transporting a group of period accurate LARPers who actually knew how to blacksmith, tan hides, hunt, and speak the langauge, and on top of that had superpowers.
>>
>>214523704
Unless guild size factors into anything aside from the number of people you can potentially field, Honesty probably doesn't have that big of a dick to swing. If the low-leveled rabble can't be convinced to do anything, how could they be convinced to fight for you? They're the largest guild on paper but the amount of force they can mobilize is much smaller.
>>
>>214523735
It turned into Misa's fursona
>>
>>214523786
>Unless guild size factors into anything aside from the number of people you can potentially field, Honesty probably doesn't have that big of a dick to swing
have you heard of the power of the masses? if 100 people around you say the government is shit loudly you won't dare to speak out in return by yourself. Majority rules.
>>
>>214523662
Not him, but unlike your scenario players have some money and gear with them from the beginning. Let alone magic and immortal bodies.
>>
>>214523662
It just isn't all that comparable to start with even before you start throwing in wrenches like not knowing the language. The adventurers by and large all have the basic knowledge of how to survive in the world they were dropped into. Kill monster, get loot. Only very select subset of them who'd never played an RPG before would not grasp this.
>>
>>214523762
Right, but now, what is to be done about the large masses of people who don't want to do anything, and are potentially becoming a drag on society? Exile them? Imprison them? Forced labor? Eins's idea to create throwaway projects for them to work on wasn't necessarily a terrible one, though it was a misstep of his to assume anyone else would want to pay for it. Not everyone would readily flock to it, too. Some would see it as pointless busywork without any of the glamor of the passion projects the other guilds were doing. Others would want nothing more than NEETlife forever, which is isn't necessarily bad, if they're conscientious NEETs, but there's no internet or TV or video games (to my knowledge) to keep them occupied. I suppose a few might immerse themselves in books and learning like the old days, but I think what we're seeing is the remnants of everyone who hasn't been able to find anything they want to do, or the motivation to look.
>>
The main problem the gamers would have in Elder Tale is the lack of porn websites
>>
>>214523704
Well that is what makes me doubt the unmotivated NEET depression angle.
Eins using them as a threat like that would counter the narrative that they are all NEETs with nothing to do and almost a day away from necking themselves.
If the abundance of jobs wont rouse them, suddenly a commie getting told to fuck off is going to make the revolt?
>>
Has the show or LN gone into individual player housing at all yet? Curious how most people live, aside from the elite who all have their comfy guild halls. Do they all stay at the inn with their meager looted coins? Can they still purchase houses, and is there a market for them? Do some just sleep on the streets?
>>
>>214523919
Don't they have brothels? Literally whack some monster and then get laid.
>>
>>214523919
Why would you need them there
>>
>>214523919
they can literally fuck a Lander. Just go out and find one. Even better they can fuck a qt field boss even. Demikas actually impregnate a Lander so nothing is censored like SAO.
>>
>>214523884
drop them in a forest out of the way somewhere, they'll learn survival skills pretty quick
>>
>>214522484
They're demigods who technically don't even fucking need it, they can just die a little at worst. Go kill monsters and take their food, it's that easy. Any adventurer could be living in the wilderness or starting their own colonies with 0 effort due to their powers and shit.
>>
>>214523929
>If the abundance of jobs wont rouse them, suddenly a commie getting told to fuck off is going to make the revolt?
see >>214517435
>>
>>214523947
>die
>res in cathedral
>"that sucked, i'm not doing that again"
>>
>>214513784
>How would (You) fix Honesty?
Free tickets for those polish summer camps
>>
>>214523816
Right, but we're not talking about large masses of average able-bodied able-minded people like in real life. A mass of a hundred functional people is something to be concerned about, but a mass of a hundred mental potatoes is not. Keep in mind that the root cause of the problem is that these people are useless and it's impossible to convince them to do anything. Why would they suddenly become not useless now that the tard wrangler who manages them has flipped sides?
>>
>>214523943
You can't just go around raping landers
Sometimes you just need some smut to fap to, especially if you have a specific fetish like stockings or pee
>>
>>214523273
Never let chuuni-ninjafags forget it anon. Never.
>>
>>214523990
Just pay them then
>>
>>214523884
The idea of giving them a project to work on isn't bad, it's mostly that the project has to benefit the other guilds as well in order for them to want to invest in it. The Fairy Rings were of great public interest so of course they would fund it. If he found an actual project that warrants funding, the other guilds would probably help out. Also, he's terrible at negotiating. Of course the merchants dislike working with the dude that wants to appropriate their bank accounts and recipes
>>
>>214523990
they got brothels, I bet if they walk far enough there are towns with monster girls brothels
>>
>>214523919
When you get desperate enough, magazines are more than sufficient and I'm sure people were quick to start making them as soon as possible. Also the lack of STDs and laws would mean brothels would crop up pretty quick.
>>
>>214523919
>lander prostitutes likely exist, and even adventurers most likely
>landers are also retarded so you can just straight up make one your wife and they would agree to it happily
>all of your 2D fantasies are made real
>doujinshi very likely already circulating and available for purchase
If that's still a problem for you, you're fucked in the head.
>>
>>214523981
what's the range of a cathedral? I guess you could drop them off in an out of the way forest within range of another city's cathedral
>>
>>214523981
>Half Life 2 playtesters
>>
>>214523919
Why don't those Honesty NEETs just become porn stars or run their own brothels? They don't have to go fight monsters, just sit their ass at home, get fucked and get paid.
Problem solved!
>>
>>214524031
>so you can just straight up make one your wife and they would agree to it happily
Seriously?
Tbh though having a mortal wife as an immortal adventurer might not be a good idea
>>
>>214523884
>Forced labor?
Soviets actually forced their "тунеядцев" to work, so Honesty might as well go full commie.
>>
>>214524057
Unlimited I think, unless you visit another city with a cathedral, in which case you bind to that one instead (can't remember if it's automatic or voluntary). Also, if you die in a raid, you resurrect at the entrance instead.
>>
Are NEETs in Log Horizon really leeching off the rest or are they just a waste of potential? I don't remember them stealing anything and Einz's plan to give them neetbux wasn't approved.
>>
>>214523990
>You can't just go around raping landers

Says who?
>>
>>214523329
It's a poor compensation for the loss of freedom that participation in a state neccesitates. It's money paid to the masses to ensure their compliance.
So yes, it's based and it exists because if it didn't people would chimp and wreck shit, the scales falling from their eyes and angry at a system they don't really belong in.
This isn't an anti-system post. So long as their are multiple possible systems there will be people unsuited to the dominant system and they will either be pacified or they'll chimp. It's a story as old as time.
Giving out bread crust is a lot easier than fighting a paupers' rebellion.
>>
>>214523940
>>214524019
>>214524025
>Honesty could have started a sex trafficking business
Eins had it all in the palm of his hand but he just gave up
>>
Do adventurers actually need to eat? Do they die when they starve? Is their hunger meter reset when they respawn?
>>
>>214524120
>>214524120
>>214524120
>>
>>214524014
>Paying random landers in neighbouring villages to indulge my deepest fetishes
Now that's a goal that Honesty should work towards, call it an anthropology study of sex
>>
>>214524100
Mostly wasted potential at this stage. It's Shiroe's paranoia being the first to notice "this is going to be a problem if all these lazy assholes sit around my city all day".
>>
>>214523554
>>214523570
Golden post. Deserved MUCH more attention
>>
>>214524138
they could feel starvation which is a debuff, no one wants to feel hungry anon
>>
>>214524114
Werent there the NPC morality guards? Or were they all disabled?
>>
>>214524174
only in big towns like Akiba where if enough criminal act happen a mecha knight will bust your ass. Just the occasional rape shouldn't trigger it I think.
>>
>>214524174
Even when they were enabled, Rape didn't count as combat so they wouldn't appear
>>
>>214523634
a) morale (the sheer amount of people associated with affect the culture discourse)
b) sheer manpower (martial)
c) because there's no governing body for a city of citizens that have grown up around democracy. Those bums are all a single vote anon.
Welcome to politics.
>>
>>214524140
>edition
please don't do that. just giving you fair warning
>>
>>214524206
>Rape didn't count as combat
O I am laughing
>>
>>214524114
Stirner, please!
>>
>>214524015
>live in a town where there are ample opportunities everywhere to learn and work with very little hardship or effort required
>and make an actual impact too, not trivial busy work but genuinely fulfilling things like helping develop technology or healing people
>thinking that giving the people who, given all of the above, refuse to do anything, projects ro do would solve anything
>implying they wouldn't just bitch and moan that they aren't getting endgame raid gear just for existing
There are no solutions to the problem.
>>
>>214524219
if they're struggling it ain't combat chief. If they start to wrestle now that's a different story.
>>
>>214524088
Not so easy when you can't threaten them with death.
>>
>>214524219
Yeah that was basically the whole plot point with Susukino and Demikas's guild fucking with everyone.
>>
>>214524219
Pretty sure either West Wind Brigade or the WN explicitly even mentioned that, can't have that on NHK thougj of course
>>
>constant threads with actual discussions
>politics
>mmo
>roleplay
>memes
>stupid shit that happens in mmo
It's good to have Log Horizon back bros, we don't usually get anime from authors that actually played a damn game for once.
>>
>>214524206
Wouldn't most rapes in a town full of immortal armed warriors / magicians have to involve some combat beforehand?
>>
>>214524174
If you really want to be safe, just keep your raping to the roads and small villages.
>>
>>214524279
>about to be raped
>punch and kick
>get jobbed
>safe
EZ mode. Now with cities that have cartels running the cathedrals? Different story
>>
>>214524297
Combat insofar as the mods were concerned was "weapons drawn" you can still grab people.
>>
File: file.png (1.82 MB, 1440x810)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>214524291
>>
>>214524173
One solution to the NEET problem is when they run out of enablers, i.e. parents or family that give them free money and food, so that they can continue their current lifestyle. Don't want to starve? Then eat something. Need money? Then go work for it. If not, continue enjoying starving buddy.
>>
File: 1609818122093.jpg (50 KB, 408x439)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>214524327
>"You can't use fast travel in combat!"
>>
>>214524206
>wrestling doesn't count as combat
Makes sense.
>>
>>214524322
Good life advice
>>
>>214524297
That's why you go for NPCs or lowbies. Or healers but it's not rape if it's a healslut anyways
>>
>>214524374
I shouldn't have rolled elf
>>
>>214524327
>about to be raped
>kick back
>NPC guard teleports to your location and rapes you too
>>
ITT: Political Analysis and Rape Strategy
>>
File: rapenomics.png (301 KB, 1400x4555)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>214524456
>>
>>214524456
This sort of weirdass discussions are unironically what makes /a/ fun. You can't pull off this kind of shit on other sites or forums because you know mods will be shutting shit down.
>>
>>214524291
>there are actually people in these threads that don't find the conversations thoroughly stimulating, politics and all
I love Log Horizon bros
>>
>>214524476
Sasuga. I tapped out and fiat currency. Fuck fiat currency.
>>
File: grimbucks.png (391 KB, 750x318)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>214524532
The crazy part is MJP is generally a pretty light hearted show.
>>
>>214522058
>Honesty is honestly the one that should do it.
But the majority of people in that guild do NOT want to work and refuse to work. They only use "monsters are scary" as an excuse to not do any adventuring. But that doesn't explain why that guild doesn't do infrastructure work, run product stalls, run businesses, and handle many of the non-combat tasks that recur every day. Instead, they sit and drink wine and eat snacks all day long while having "hang dog" expressions on their faces as seen in multiple seasons of the anime, so these hangdog expressions are not just a fluke of one episode.
>>
>>214522156
>Discrimination is precisely how they became an elite guild.

thats called Systemic Discrimination now
>>
>>214524854
I think the main problem is that Eins doesn't want to impose obligations on the guild members, but has probably done it anyway by siding with another faction.
>>
>>214513784
How is eins being a commie, i dont get it
>>
>>214522852
yes
>>
>>214524969
That's because they want the publicly visible bureaucrats and instutions to be filled with easily manipulated mid-wit incompetents who simply act as a diversionary buffer between the masses and the true power structure. The true power structure still very much engages in discrimination.
>>
>>214524291
Which MMOs had ingame politics involved?
>>
>>214525017
he proposed a plan to redistribute wealth from anyone with more than 80k gold to the poor
>>
>>214525142
DAOC had 3 realms, and realm vs realm often involved 2 teaming up on the other until one of those 2 backstabbed each other
>>
>>214525142
Wakfu had a baked in political system complete with laws, order and wars. It wasn't everything you're dreaming of but it was there and it did effect day to day play to some degree or other. There were elections.
>>
>>214525017
>>214525233
Also demanded that crafting and commerce guilds publish all their trade secrets publicly

>>214525142
There was a weird korean one called Dark Ages (not to be confused with DAOC) that had political and religious structures including high priests who could pass laws that players could be punished by others for violating
Then there's Haven & Hearth which is basically the ultimate frontier homesteading game where anyone you see in the wilderness is likely to kill you and steal your cattle.
>>
File: 1330944733569.jpg (104 KB, 500x429)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Oh Tera had a little bit of politics. I remember some kind of monthly voting among guilds and such. I think the top guild had control over certain parts of land where revenue from NPC shops were supplied to the guild.
>>
>>214522044
made me kek
>>
>>214523427
>And failing that, they can always just get, you know, a job.
I am too traumatized by systemic discrimination to ever work again.
>>
>>214521284
Seems like most areas of our planet don't have a fighter type class equivalent to the lawful and honorful samurai like paladins in europe. That's why they voted for an immoral variant of ideal driven melee fighters.
>>
>>214521398
Not being in Akiba means you would be cut from the society the adventurers are building though, no chefs, constructors and all theirs benefits within grasp. Havimng to rely on merchants bringing the things to your place or having to travel and transport goods home would invite criminals to fuck up your happy life.
>>
>>214523634
>If Honesty is composed mostly of useless losers, why is their defection something to worry about?

Arson.
Sabotage.
Infrastructure Destruction.
Theft.
Petty Crimes.
Major Crimes.
Sniper Assassinations.
One-Shotter Assassinations.
Demagogues in the city lying about RT projects or members.
Landers that support RT become killed.
Skyscrapers housing guilds keep collapsing due to earth magic breaking foundations.
Every major building in the city eventually collapses due to hit-and-run attacks
>>
>>214523634
>Layabouts who can't even be bothered to fight a handful of goblins probably aren't a threat to anyone.

You leave your home to go out adventuring to earn some item drops and loot to pay for daily necessities. You come back home to find it ransacked by people who use their item box powers to empty your home of all items. You later find some of your furniture being sold at resale shops. But you can't prove it's yours although you can buy it back.
>>
>>214523989
>a mass of a hundred mental potatoes is not.
They will still vandalize your home and set it on fire when you are out on an adventure or out working your day job at a crafting guild. You are the rich person denying them their possibilities. Hate and resentment rules their minds and if you oppose it, you are just demonstrating MORE disrespect to them. Heck, I saw this in real life at 2020 city council meetings during the riot months. Those leftists would key the cars of any citizens that spoke out against them. After enough weeks of that, no one spoke out against the leftists and they basically "won" most arguments because the rest of us were afraid to speak out and possibly have our homes vandalized.

So, if all the people of this thread were in the LH world confronting the problems of Ein's guild, you'd see a lot of people less bold at confronting Honesty's socialism. Your homes may pay the price of your opposition to Honesty's socialism push.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.