[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: eva iceberg.png (2.03 MB, 1080x1920)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
What level are you at on the Evangelion Iceberg, /a/?
>>
I didn't watch this shit
>>
>>211860096
i'm at the level where i want to suck Shinji's boy cock
>>
Evangelion is based in an alternate history where the axis won World War 2
>>
File: no.jpg (61 KB, 348x563)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>211860131
get out
>>
I don't see "It wasn't that deep and probably not even Anno knows exactly what the fuck went down" anywhere on there.
>>
>shinji and asuka are adam and eve
Isn't this obvious?
>>
>shinji and asuka fucked in episode 15

Explain
>>
So is the general dead now?
>>
File: 1500662555910.jpg (968 KB, 1577x2216)
968 KB
968 KB JPG
>>211860096
ACTUAL Eva iceberg coming through
>>
>>211861344
>shinji killed kaji
wut
>>
File: 1568786984941.jpg (110 KB, 750x553)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>
File: 70799638_p2.jpg (1.62 MB, 1671x3442)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>211861490
Shinji sounded pretty sure of himself when he told Asuka that Kaji was dead.
>>
File: 1494981659398.png (142 KB, 380x360)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>Episode 27 and 28
>>
>>211861344
>>211860096

No ruins of Arka = no true iceberg.
>>
I'm at the level who unironically believe they made this anime being aware of Carl Jung's work, Gnosticism and the Kabbalah.
and all of this is unironically true if you are not a speedwatcher.
>>
>Asuka at the end of EoE has limbs of Misato and Rei.
this is kino as fucks, it's basically the ultimate waifu, is there a proof of this somewhere?
>>
>>211861344
>rebuild shit
>actual
>>
what episode 27 and 28 could have looked like if they existed? another meta bullshit or return to normal life?
>>
>>211860589
>>211860695
Delusional shippingfaggotry
>>
>>211861954
I wonder if the name "Arka" was supposed to be in reference to the possibility of using Eva as an ark to ride out Third Impact. If so it would tie in with the idea the original plan for Evangelion was the proposal series + Revival 1 (EoE) + Revival 2 (something equivalent to 3.0 + 'Final') and Rebuild is actually following the original intended Evangelion story closer than the OG series did
>>
>>211860096
The level bellow the bottom
Eva is just a chashgrab vehicle for anno to milk dumb fanboy otaku to fund his live action movies
>>
>>211864131
Apparently Revival was originally supposed to be EoE instead of D&R and then a totally new original story taking place after EoE with a post-apocalyptic flavour set around the 'last bastion of humanity' or something, part of why I thought of this >>211864195

There's also a comedic audio drama standing in for episode 27 on the 'Addition' CD from 1996.
>>
>>211864131
Girlfriend of Steel adaptation
>>
>>211864195
Evas can be used as Arks because once they are activated they are a protection to the Anti-AT Field who turn everything else to tang.

it's literally the plan of Gendo, Eva 01 is his personnal Ark for him and Yui, but to be absorbed inside Eva 01 he need the help of two ayy lmaos.
>>
>>211864446
>once they are activated they are a protection to the Anti-AT Field
where is this mentioned?
>>
>>211864535
It's literally said by SEELE on EoE, they said they will not use the Eva as an ark to escape instrumentality, Shinji was also not absorbed by the Anti-AT Field wave inside an activated Eva 01, same for the Eva in itself and the Mass-Produced Evas.

Asuka on the other side was killed and her Eva was out of juice.
>>
>Gendo realized he will never see Yui again in every ways after the accident.
>Yui is trapped inside Eva 01, the Anti-AT Field cannot include her inside the instrumentality because Evas are Arks who protect you from it.
>if Gendo is tanged, he will never see her again.
>if he simply decide to dies, he will never see Yui again in any kind of after-life because being inside the Eva is already being some kind of immortal being in your own safe space.
>he cannot take her out of this shit if she not agree.
>he chosed to merges himself inside the purple robot too, the problem is that he cannot reproduce a contact experiment and need the help of two ayy lmao entities to penetrate the core of Eva 01.
>He cannot get away with this shit since fucking angels and old jews are still a menace for his shitty plan and should be very patient.
Honestly I can understand his despair about Yui but it's not a reason to abandon fatherhood. He could have perfectly raised both Rei and Shinji as brother and sisters, in fact it could have been even more effective for his shitty plan.
>>
>>211864667
> Shinji was also not absorbed by the Anti-AT Field wave inside an activated Eva 01
He was already reverted to LCL long before that scene
>>
>Instrumentality only need Eva 01, the Mass-produced Evas with S2 engines and Lance of Longinus to create the Anti-AT Field wave all over the world.
>What happened is that an Adam-Lilith hybrid contaminated the Mass-Produced Evas which are the devices to launch the process, taking control over instrumentality.
>The entity could have done what it wanted, however it decided to obey to Shinji's will for personnal reasons. (Rei wanted to make Shinji happy).
>Perform exactly the old kike's plans but redo it in the end according to the will of Shinji.
I finally figured out everything who is fucking happening on EoE concerning Instrumentality, it's so hard to get and It take me months before finally figuring out all of it.

the giant tree of life from the Kabbalah is just some holographic personnal touch by SEELE, it's basically included on the program of Mass-Produced Evas.
>>
>>211864779
>need the help of two ayy lmao entities to penetrate the core of Eva 01
???
>>
>>211864667
Sure, I think it makes sense, I was just hoping there was more explicit evidence but I suppose like most of the lore stuff it's implicit in what we're shown.

I still personally think that the SoLs can't awaken if their soul is separated from their bodies. This would be the (in-universe) reason why Rei and Kaworu are created as vessels for the SoLs' souls and kept intact & raised for years instead of Gendo just calling upon Lilith's soul closer to the time to ingratiate himself (and likewise for Seele), why Kaworu is sent to Nerv by Seele as the last angel to be killed, rather than any time partway through the series, why Gendo freaks out particularly whenever Rei is in danger and there's still angels about even though it seems no big deal for him to whisk her into a new body when she's actually killed, etc.
>>
>>211864916
He need the help of Lilith and Adam, have you watched the movie?
all of his problems were just technicalities.
>>
>>211860096
im on the deepest level where we realize that Anno is a hack and the series is shit
>>
>>211864779
>>211864896
Yeah I've seen you post this before, it's a good interpretation and seems clear as day looking back. Though I'm not sure we're given any hint as to how Adam+Lilith combo is uniquely suited to enabling a core dive into Unit 01; maybe it's off-screen woo-woo like the soul-capturing business.
>>
>>211860131
Don't bother. It's not that good.
>>
>>211865046
Yeah, but penetrating Unit 01's core with Longinus wasn't going to make him merge with it.
I meant to quote the whole sentence
>>he chosed to merges himself inside the purple robot too, the problem is that he cannot reproduce a contact experiment and need the help of two ayy lmao entities to penetrate the core of Eva 01.
>>
>>211865158
the Lilith is the only unclear element, like I said the most probable is that they are basically the easiest way to penetrate inside Eva 01, since Gendo asked Rei to brings him to Yui.

thought some says the instrumentality can make you turn to a god and recreate reality, so maybe he wanted to make a new world??? or becoming giant as the giant naked rei?
>>
>>211860096
>timeline repeats itself
>rebuild 4.0's going to break the loop
>>
>>211865338
Longinus has nothing to do with Gendo, it's the plan of SEELE.
Gendo just need his implanted Adam and convincing Rei (Lilith). that's all of it. The lance of Longinus intervention was totally unexpected. also Gendo needed to merges even before Shinji started a fight or that SEELE ordered to generate the Anti-AT Field.

that's why he was totally out of time.
>>
>we've wrapped back round from the waifu-wars part of the cycle back into loreposting
nice
>>
>>211865445
>The lance of Longinus intervention was totally unexpected.
So what is its role in Seele's plan if they thought it was lost in space and they couldn't use it anymore? What were they going to do instead? (I thought the MPEs' lances don't have the same powers as the real thing)
>>
>>211865445
>Longinus has nothing to do with Gendo
Then why did you say he needed Lilith and Adam to penetrate the core of Unit 01?
>>
>>211865023
somebody else got there first
https://yuki.la/a/65149864#p65151084
>>
>>211860096
tip
>>
>>211865023
>the SoLs can't awaken if their soul is separated from their bodies
Isn't it because their souls would just float off somewhere if they weren't contained?
>>
File: Danbo59784.jpg (302 KB, 800x515)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
Third Impact
>>
>>211865633
at this point of the story SEELE were not thinking to launch instrumentality, the first operation was taking over MAGI to control the base and recover the EVAs without violence. since Ritsuko fixed their hacking attempts, they decided to proceed with violence. then all of the events related to instrumentality were totally unexpected and provoked by Yui turning berserk. the awakening of EVA 01 made the Lance of Longinus coming from the moon to earth. SEELE were probably planning to recover the lance in a future like developping Moonlanding technology like we seen on Rebuild. The prime minister of Japan decided to condemn NERV for twenty years after the action of SEELE if i remember well.
>>211865715
He will not penetrate the core as a Lance, it will be more like when Rei decided to merges with Lilith, basically I imagine that Rei and Gendo will levitate in front of Eva 01 and merges with the core. It will work because he has Lilith and Adam on his side. (the soul of Rei + the body of Eva 01 (Lilith clone) + Adam with complete body and soul after Kaworu died).
>>
>>211866018
>Adam with complete body and soul after Kaworu died
How did Gendo get Adam's soul back into the embryo after Kaworu died? Did it go back in there itself?
>>
>>211860589
It was stated that the other people would come back from instrumentality if they wanted.
>>
If Gendo not wanted to merges with Eva 01, then the other version is that he wanted to merges with Lilith's body to become the god-like being and basically absorb EVA 01 after.

thought no idea if he would have stopped here or continue by doing another thing.
>>
>>211866018
>Adam with complete body and soul after Kaworu died
Wouldn't 3I have happened after Adam's body was reunited with Kaworu/Adam's soul?
>>
>>211866162
We have no answer for this, we can ask the same question for Rei II or Rei III.
if Rei became a giant supreme being and if we seen Kaworu's giant head too, it mean that Adam's embryo has the soul of it.

I think it's related to AT Field or shit like this, since they are not human souls, they have strange properties, or maybe they just automatically go back to their original bodies.
>>
>>211866360
Some theories suggest Kaworu's soul was floating around in Terminal Dogma until Lilith's body and soul and Adam's embryo were merged into one, then Kaworu's soul joined them too.
>>
>>211866360
He could have worked with Kaworu as a human vessel sure, the problem is that Adam is dangerous on this form because he not agree with the plan and he is still an Angel entity, so naturally hostile to lilims.

that's why it was very important for Gendo to convince Rei.
>>
one of the greatest mystery is the utility of Kaworu, what the fuck SEELE wanted to do with him? and why if he has superior powers he accept to obey? or maybe his betrayal was something unexpected again.
>>
>>211860096


I reach AT fields are real because that is actually a clinical term used for autists.
Also Evangelions are demos is actually was proven years ago. they are based on demon princes of hell. one has a horn, one has 4 eyes, one is a cyclops.
>>
was Kaworu part of some alternate shitty plan they had to create the antichrist? or maybe they put Adam on a human form to get knowledge? like for exemple translating the writing of the dead sea scrolls and knowing the precise dates where Angels will come?

but why did he accepted to obey them? He is unable to do hostile things if there is not any Evas around? he need to be excited by the presence of Lilith and the tentation of provoking an impact.
>>
File: 5465468786.png (1 MB, 785x960)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>211866817
>>211866696
>what the fuck SEELE wanted to do with him?
Kaworu was probably Seele's trump card initially, a valuable asset they could use in case things went to shit for them or Gendo got away with his plans. But as the angels began to be killed and everything went according to their plan, they realized they wouldn't need Kaworu anymore. Remember, they needed all the angels to die before they could trigger Instrumentality because of the possibility angels could interfere with the process.
Once Kaworu was the only angel left, they sent him to Nerv, told him that the angels were the true successors to earth, encouraged him to find Adam, and then hoped and prayed eva 01 would kill him before he reached Lilith or Adam.

>and why if he has superior powers he accept to obey?
Because of "fate" / "destiny" / "the design".
>K: I'm Kaworu. Nagisa Kaworu. One of the children that's part of the design, just like you.

>Keel: That is why we entrust you with our wish.
>K: I know. That's why I'm here now after all. All will be as the Lilim direct it.

>K: The fate of man... The hope of man is written in sorrow.

>K: Because it's my destiny to continue to live even if it may result in the destruction of humanity.

SEELE probably told him some bs about the scrolls and fate, and he bought it.
>>
my big question is why the fuck does Instrumentality have to wait until the angels are dead? Don't get me wrong, I love Instrumentality, but it feels almost entirely removed from the rest of the show.
>>
>>211867927
Angels and humans can never coexist. I would assume the Angels would just kill the instrumentality consciousness in some way so they had to kill them all before they merged into one.
>>
>>211865796
Doubt it since Lilith's soul had no reason not to already be in her own body before Rei was created.
>>
>>211866018
>at this point of the story SEELE were not thinking to launch instrumentality
I don't think this is true otherwise why did they have the MPEs chow down on Unit 01's wings and start the tree of life hologram business if they weren't trying to start Instrumentality?
>>
So I know it's meant to have a sort of 'control rod' capability in the event of multiple moons landing on one planet, but what is the Lance's role in Third Impact / Instrumentality, especially the version we see end up happening?
>>
>>211860096
What lazy fucktard made this? After 22 years of endless theorie crafting for this shit, this measly iceberg forged from meme pressure is all you have to show NGE fags?
/a/ I'm disappoint
>>
>>211866360
Could be because Adam's body is in a reduced physical state and is not as powerful? Into the realm of total conjecture though
>>
>>211867828
So, SEELE sent Kaworu to Nerv just to die?
>>
huh. Last time I watched this show was when I was 15 and I thought it was decent but nothing too insane. I preferred shit with themes that were more personal and applicable to daily life.
You retards get this deep into it?
>>
>>211868661
It's a much worse version of the classic one
>>211861344
>>
>>211864132
>Shipping
>All dead but those two faggots

Did you even End of Evangelion nigger?
>>
>>211860096
>no mention of Shave Impact
0/10
>>
>>211868536
They decided to use the Mass-produced Evas because there was resistance from NERV and Asuka was destroying the army. They activated the instrumentality process because it was a perfect occasion since the Lance of Longinus suddenly came after Eva 01 appeared. But all of this was not planned on the first place.

What they wanted to do on the first place is using the AI computer to recovering the Evas. Eventually arresting Gendo but not using violence against the staff or pilots. NERV fucked when they refused collaboration.
>>
>>211864845
That doesn't really mean anything, Shinji turns into LCL another two times during the series
>>
>>211868777
>>211860589
"Anyone can return to human form as long as they can imagine themselves in their own heart."
>>
>>211865997
KawoRei is the best couple
>>
>>211868874
I've got a pretty strong sense of self so I'd probably leave the tangsea pretty soon but I'd be concerned that everyone would know my masturbation habits.
just like shinji I guess.
>>
File: EP24.jpg (662 KB, 745x5035)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
>>211868721
Yes, Seele wanted him to be killed by Unit 01. As that anon said, they didn't need Kaworu (an angel) anymore.
>>
>>211869045
If everyone knew everybody's masturbation habits, it wouldn't be weird. No matter how bad you think you are you probably know 10 people way hornier
>>
I can figure out what would have happened if Gendo succeeded to convince Rei.
>merging with Lilith and becoming GNG: Giant Naked Gendo.
>GNG contaminate the MP Evas to take control over instrumentality.
>Shinji is scared as fucks to see the giant face of his dad, Yui realize her plan is ruined and eject the plug to save Shinji.
>GNG succeed to penetrate inside the core, Gendo merges and the giant face turn to be the one of Rei.
>inside Eva 01, Gendo is one with Yui but understand that Yui not like him anymore and that she's very resentful about how he treated Shinji and ruined her plan, GNR made her leave Eva 01 because she made Gendo unhappy.
>Gendo is depressed and desire suicide for everything else.
>GNR obey and start instrumentality
>The Anti-AT Field absorb everyone else, except Gendo who finish alone inside the Eva forever.
>>
>>211866696
See >>211865023
If this theory is correct then one reason would be so there's no chance of anything happening without Seele's go-ahead, whether that be giving anyone at Nerv the opportunity to create an Adam+Lilith combo and out-god them (as turns out to be Gendo's secret plan to undermine them), or Nerv failing and one of the angels getting to Adam or Lilith's body. Gendo is doing this too with Rei and that's why he freaks out when Rei is in danger, because then the risk of an angel causing a repeat of Second Impact is real; Gendo and Seele are only trying to lure the angels to Tokyo 3 to get them out of the way of their attempts at godhood.

Seele know from the prophecies in the Dead Sea Scrolls that there are a certain number of angels embryos planted around the planet before Lilith came and complicated things. **What I'm not sure about is whether they gain anything by Adam being capable of waking up after Kaworu's death (under the assumption this theory is correct).** Gendo certainly gains by it as it means his Adam + Lilith combo is now possible. It's a shame we don't see more of Gendo in ep 24 as this might have cleared some stuff up. Anyway, Seele could just whack Kaworu on the head after the previous angel is killed by Rei II's sacrifice, but Gendo has been pissing them off the last few episodes so they send Kaworu to Nerv to force Gendo to act and reveal any treacherous plan he has sooner rather than later while he's less prepared.
>>
>>211868797
But the Lance doesn't show up until after the MPEs have already chomped on Unit 01's wings, I thought?
>>
>>211869265
Man, Gendo really does exist just to bring everybody else around him down, doesn't he?
>>
>>211869369
No the lance show up before, it's literally the reason of why Eva 01 doesn't fight the MP Evas, the lance paralyzed the Eva. what attracted the lance is the full power of the Eva provoked by the S2 Engine. this shit is completely unexpected by everyone else. in fact one of the main reason of SEELE's grudge was because Gendo lost it on space.
>>
Why didn't the angels just attack together?
>>
File: 1595879457147.jpg (549 KB, 970x864)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
>>211860096
the last level should have:
"evangelion is a shit cartoon and you wasted your time"
>>
>>211869432
Fuyutsuki never told him about what his wife planned, he enjoyed his ignorance, it was his personnal revenge by seeing him suffering.

the guy literally doesn't know Yui not wanted to leave the Eva and that she is planning to use Shinji for the final decision concerning the fate of humanity. In a way she is no better than Gendo.
>>
>>211869544
Well they just not spawned at the same time.
>>
>>211869752
filtered
>>
>>211869753
t. manga apologist
>>
>>211869532
Can you answer this, loreanon? >>211868654
>>
>>211869752
>Product is created in consumer society
>Gets merchandised
zomg so evil
>>
Seeing threads like this make me think we should try and edit and collate /a/'s Eva lore theories into some sort of compendium as a concrete and positive counter-action against Evageeks' gargantuan reach over all western Eva fandom. I'm too busy with this spreadsheet business atm but in future maybe, after 3.0+1.0 is released...
>>
>>211870070
You should start with Shinji and asuka represent adam and eve at the end of EOE
>>
>>211868654
Well It's apparently the key to instrumentality and according to the game NGE2 who has canon informations, the lance of Longinus has a will of his own.

Here are the informations about it from the game:
>The Spear of Longinus

A. Publicly Released Information
Data unavailable.

B. Generally Recognized Information
It was found in the White Moon with Adam at the South Pole. In essence, the Spear of Longinus is a security device that comes paired with a Seed of Life.

C. Confidential Information
It is a spear which has a will and is a type of lifeform capable of moving by itself. This is an item capable of placing a Seed of Life (Progenitor Entity) with the power of eternal life -- nearly a god -- into suspended animation, which is also the reason the Seed of Life (Progenitor Entity) does not achieve godhood. The First Ancestral Race prepared this as a counter- measure in the event that a Seed of Life (Progenitor Entity) did not follow their own goals.
It is thought that a Spear acting as Lilith's counterpart was separated from it by the shock at the time of First Impact. This Spear has yet to be found. There is a chance that it may have been destroyed.

D. In-Depth Information
For the purpose of opening the Path to God, Gendo and Seele brought Lilith's growth to a point just before the final stage, and to temporarily delay this they are having Nerv transport the Spear of Longinus that was paired with Adam.
>>
more informations from that game:

>Seele

A. Publicly Released Information
Data unavailable.

B. Generally Recognized Information
A secret society that puppets Nerv from the shadows towards the fulfillment of the Human Instrumentality Project. Nerv's financial backing comes almost entirely from them.

C. Confidential Information
An esoteric secret society born during the medieval Dark Ages and originally a religious order. Slowly but surely, they extended their influence, until at last they crushed the final forces of opposition in the mid-20th century and became a latent power with covert rule over human society.

D. In-Depth Information
Upon acquiring the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls, Seele turned once again to a creed that, up to that point, they had considered naught but the pipe dreams of their ancestors. By putting the miracle of divinity, in the form of prophecy, within their sights, they restored the faith. Their dogma is the Path to Adam Kadmon — that is, the approaching of a divinity both ageless and undying.

>Adam Kadmon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kadmon
this thing is literally the original instrumentality on the jewish lore, I guess people who said the religious references are meaningless were full of shit since this game basically confirm this.
>>
>Gendo's Ambitions

A. Publicly Released Information
As commander-in-chief of Special Agency Nerv, his objective is to prevent Third Impact by eliminating the Angels.

B. Generally Recognized Information
He is focused on carrying both the eradication of the Angels and the Human Instrumentality Project through to their completion.

C. Confidential Information
While Gendo maintains the pretense of striving for the Path to God, his actual goal is to be reunited with the deceased Yui. Because this has been the only thing on his mind, Gendo invests a great deal of concern into Eva-01, through whom he is attempting to open up the Path.

D. In-Depth Information
Seele have been making preparations for a divinity handled as they see fit. Gendo, opposingly, has been forwarding his own plans in the shadows, with the aim of creating his personal vision of divinity. By fusing with the partially- restored remnant of Adam, and then via fusion with Rei (i.e., Lilith), Gendo hopes to achieve fusion with Eva-01 (reunion with Yui).
>>
>Details of the Human Instrumentality Project

A. Publicly Released Information
Data unavailable.

B. Generally Recognized Information
Nerv's three big projects are Project E, the Adam Project, and the Human Instrumentality Project. Seele regards the latter as the one of the utmost importance.

C. Confidential Information
The Human Instrumentality Project is a plan aimed at divinity. The Evas are absolutely essential to Seele, for they are the sole key that can open the Way to God. This is because they were copied from Adam, the being nearest to a god.
Still, there is something humanity lacks. Seele believed they had through Eva what was necessary to fill-in that which was missing; to make man into a god, or at least into an eternal existence.
Completing an incomplete humanity, and opening up the Way to God, is Seele's doctrine. What would happen if people were gathered into something of a god? Seele believed we would become God himself.

D. In-Depth Information
While the Angels were being engaged in battle, people were also making and advancing the plan for the path that leads to divinity.
The first step is the completion of Eva — the body of a god and throne of a soul — via the installation of an S² Engine. The interfusion of souls follows. Afterward, our final natural enemy, the Spear of Longinus security device, is annihilated. Thus, that which is nearly divine, or perhaps a god in and of itself, is brought to completion, and, with the Spear gone, cannot be destroyed by anyone.
Seele's intention for this man-made god is to guide the elite (themselves) to state near that of God's.
>>
>>211861515
kek
>>
>>211870070
Lore theories are ultimately completely pointless since how clear it is that the show never really cared about that.
What people should actually do, instead of reading forum pages and infographs, is just rewatch the show.
Most of the information needed to understand the show is right there in the show itself.
>>
>Dead Sea Scrolls

A. Publicly Released Information
Data unavailable.

B. Generally Recognized Information
The prophetic text in which the times of the Angels' appearances are recorded.

C. Confidential Information
Seele possess a vast amount of wealth, and, consequently, they had one face as a patron foundation of the arts and research. The Artificial Evolution Laboratory, Gehirn, etc., were funded entirely by Seele. Perhaps because of their origins as a religious organization, Seele often managed the funding support for investigations into the relics of their own faith. Among these, something was excavated that marked a significant turning point for both Seele and humankind: the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls.

D. In-Depth Information
The First Ancestral Race recorded a manual or implementation plan regarding the use of the Seed of Life (Progenitor Entity) and Spear of Longinus security device. This was in turn transcribed by a religious group and adapted to fit their own doctrines, and the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls were the result. They are a book of prophecy, in that even now they continue to operate in accordance with the historical written plan.
Until then, Seele had only fragmentary knowledge of the scrolls' contents and existence, but they had never imagined that the scrolls might actually exist, contain meaningful prophecies, and turn up in near-perfect condition. They were sent to headquarters promptly, upon which the actual truth was skewed and immediately covered up. The parts of little consequence, later released to the public, were called the Dead Sea Scrolls, whereas what Seele made off with were dubbed the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls.
>>
>>211867828
>SEELE probably told him some bs about the scrolls and fate, and he bought it.
Kaworu knew they were fucking with him the entire time though, that's what the end of the lake scene implies.
>>
File: 1605661495351.png (1.06 MB, 553x1218)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>211868906
But they're siblings, that would be incest
>>
>First Ancestral Race

A. Publicly Released Information
Data unavailable.

B. Generally Recognized Information
The entities thought to have created the Angels. The specifics of their intention are unclear.

C. Confidential Information
They were the first extraterrestrial intelligence. The humanoid species, referred to as the First Ancestral Race, started to spread Seeds of Life throughout the Milky Way Galaxy. As of yet, we do not know their motives or for what they were aiming.
It is becoming evident that multiple Seeds were disseminated. Eventually, by force of sheer bad luck, two accidentally landed on the same planet: Adam of the White Moon, and Lilith of the Black Moon.

D. In-Depth Information
Within a carrier known as a "Moon", the First Ancestral Race fabricated a perfect cavity (also referred to as a "Moon"), at which point the Seed, or "Progenitor Entity", would be placed inside and sent out into space. That was their technology, and, from the perspective of Angels, humans, and others, they might be called gods.


This thing is not really referenced on the show, thought there are the ancient ruins on the Geofront, are they giant monster ayys or superior human ayys? is this based on the atlanteans from the serie Nadia the secret of blue water? reminder a giant Adam featured on the last episodes.
>>
>>211860096
Didn't the author say he used all the religious imagery because he thought it looked cool?
>>
>>211869752
Does EVA have an EVA themed flamethrower yet?
>>
>>211870504
He seemed to believe in the "fate/destiny/design" stuff, though, since he kept talking about it even when Seele wasn't there.
>>
>>211870606
He was talking to children when he said that. the instrumentality in itself has religious origins and was also used on the theories of Carl Jung concerning the collective consciouness and uncounsciouness.
>>
>>211870606
He's also severely depressed, so he might just have said that in a self depreciating way
>>
>>211870626
He's talking in terms of the Angel vs. Lilin conflict. Kaworu wholeheartedly believed his fate was to either die or kill everyone else. He never considered a third option of coexistence to be possible.
>>
>>211870626
>>211870893
What did he mean when he told Shinji "I'm one of the children that's part of the design, just like you"? What design?
>>
File: The_Plan.jpg (1.26 MB, 1037x7546)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>211871050
In NGE he's referring to how all the pilot kids were chosen intentionally and were brought up to be tools in SEELE/Gendo's plans
In Rebuild he's referring to something much darker that only involves him, Shinji, and Rei.
>>
If we compare the lore of the original with the lore of Rebuild there is shitons of differences concerning the conspiracy:
>All pilots are not normal humans, in fact they are all pretty much related to Angels, Shinji seems to not be what we actually think he his.
>Their destiny seems to be programmed, like if they were machines.
>SEELE go full transhumanist and have not human bodies anymore.
>they seems to agree with Gendo.
>Gendo wants to merges inside EVA 13 with Adam's soul inside to become one with EVA 01 with Lilith soul inside, who has Yui.
>the utility of Shinji and of having turned earth to wastelands is still a mystery, humans seems to have turned to Evas.

Is there a possibility that the secret scrolls in this universe clearly talk about Shinji and his secret powers? like it's a loop and since Shinji activated instrumentality on the original show he his forced to revive the same thing all over again modifying the reality?
>>
>>211866696
Adam + Lilith = instrumentality
They were probably going to do the same think as Gendo, but using Kaworu in place of Rei.
>>
File: Shinji_AngelCore.jpg (89 KB, 849x361)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>211871189
Rebuild lore is much more sci-fi and detailed than it ever was in NGE, the dead sea scrolls specifically refer to Shinji. I think he's not an angel, but a higher being on the level of Lilith/Rei and Adam/Kaworu - and all of SEELE/Nerv's plans revolve around those three.
>>
>>211871206
>but using Kaworu in place of Rei
But they sent him to die >>211869073
>>
>>211871268
Seele purposefully sent Kaworu to nerv to make them use evas to dispose of him.
>>
>>211871265
i'm REALLY curious about the circumstances involving the creation of Shinji. Did they do something artifical to have him and was he their natural children? one of the weirdest thing here is the collaboration between SEELE and Gendo.
>>
>>211871206
No, they very clearly say in the episode "They will not rely on Adam or the Angels". They were going to use the MPEvas and Unit-01 for instrumentality.
>>
>>211870196
True

>>211870500
You're right, of course, it's first and foremost a character drama and all that, but you can't possibly put so much juicy and iconic imagery into a show, go full mystery-box-show making everything as cryptic as possible with characters always talking around the elephants in the room instead of getting to the point because it's all so top secret, and then go all "Nooo that was just for lulz, don't focus on it" afterwards seriously not expecting people to get interested in all that window dressing and curious as to whether it all makes internal sense when you plot it down. It shouldn't be the core of anyone's experience of the franchise but it's pretty fair that people want their most glaring questions answered or at least entertained after watching the series for the first time- and at the moment, if anyone in an English-speaking part of the world types any question about the world of Evangelion into a search engine, their top result is probably going to be Evageeks or somebody quoting something from Evageeks without mentioning that's where it's from. If we want to get the "Kaworu is a groomer" crowd out of the mainstream, this is the best way to do it, with a not serious take on the show by an alternative community in a digestible form.
>>
>>211871391
Yup. They wanted him to die because they had no use for him anymore.
>>
>>211871454
The reasons why I'm against the "he's artificial/a clone" theory is because 1.) We have the scenes that show he is Yui's biological child and 2.) He wouldn't have been able to pilot Unit 13 if he was a clone/imitation of lilin.
I really hope the final movie explains where Shinji got his divinity from, because I don't think it's man-made.
>>
>>211870606
He says a lot of things, but according to a few anons here much more knowledgable on the subject the story actually fits pretty well with the religious apocrypha the imagery come from. Still in a relatively surface-level way compared to the character drama at the heart of the show, but in a cool and internally logically consistent way.
>>
>>211871495
Most people don't think about the lore all that seriously and don't drink EG's retarded kool-aid so I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>211871633
There's also going to be a new influx of zoomers drawn to the OG show when the final movie comes out and everyone who was waiting for the Rebuilds to be done before watching any of them does so. It'd probably save resetting all conversation about the series on this site back 15 years due to all the n00bs asking basic questions.
>>
>>211871559
Some says he became a "god" after having launched the third impact and redo it. Thought on the final scene of EoE he seems normal. The presence of Asuka is strange thought because she died before the instrumentality. Maybe the answers are in the episode 25-26 when he actually has the power to recreate reality?

The world of Rebuild seems to happens just after EoE, everything is too damaged for a simple second impact.
>>
File: 1534543205233.jpg (81 KB, 843x720)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>211861344
>SEELE=Elders of Zion
based
>>
>>211871517
>they had no use for him anymore
Does it mean that they were originally planning to use him?
>>
NGE is a parallel-historical documentary on what the world would be (and look) like if the US hadnt developed atomic weaponry
>>
File: 52067075.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>211871821
>some says he became a "god" after having launched the third impact
Well, Fuyutsuki referring to Unit-01 being the God. Not Shinji. Though Shinji was given the reigns to make the decision for all of humanity.
>Thought on the final scene of EoE he seems normal
I don't know about that. He's been on the beach for at least two weeks and is completely fine despite not eating or drinking anything.
>The presence of Asuka is strange
Most likely explanation is because she died in her Eva so she can come back earlier than other people and had a strong sense of self.
>The world of Rebuild seems to happens just after EoE
There are implications that's the case, but we can't say for sure until the final movie comes out.
>>
>>211871938
>>211867828
>>
>>211871938
They were going to use him as a last resort if their plans were about to be ruined, but everything was going as how they wanted it to so they didn't need him.
>>
>>211860695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA
Shinji also gets significantly more cockier in the episodes afterwards when he wasn't like that prior.
>>
>>211871821
>The world of Rebuild seems to happens just after EoE
People use the red sea and the red stain on the moon as proof of that but those things were debunked in 2.0 and the 2.0 storyboard.
>>
>>211872226
This shitty theory has been debunked millions of times, please kill yourself shippingfaggot.
>>
>>211872226
Examples of this? He gets even more autistic and depressed if anything.
>>
>>211872226
Him having sex would've been mentioned in one of the interrogation / "introspection" scenes of nge if that really happened.
>>
File: sayatard.jpg (42 KB, 480x480)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>211861344
>mari is a timelord
>shinji = spiral king
>unified gainax setting
>Kaworu achieved CHIM
so fucking based
>>
>>211872399
It's a crackpot theory pushed by shippers, don't take it seriously.
>>211872573
It would've been mentioned literally anywhere else too had it actually happened. It's just a case of people seeing what they want instead of what's actually there.
>>
>>211872573
It literally is mentioned and even shown in eoe
>>
>>211872664
That's a metaphorically scene of everyone being merged in instrumentality you retard, a similar scene is shown with Shinji and Rei too.
>>
>>211872226
Reminder that this video is extremely inaccurate in almost everything it says.
>>
Does instrumentality involve all lifeforms who ever existed or only the one who were alive during third impact?
>>
>>211872840
The dude who made it used to spam it in Eva threads all the time and then had a mental breakdown whenever someone would debunk it. He tried posting it on Evageeks too and even the retarded fucks there laughed at him.
>>
Are non-human animals in instrumentality? What about plants? They are all Lilith-based life
>>
>>211872940
It depends on whether Rei bothered to travel through time to get every person that ever lived right before they died or not.
>>
>>211873053
They obviously are inside, during second impact every lifeforms inside the oceans of the southern hemisphere disappeared.
>>
>>211873229
Second impact wasn't instrumentality.
>>
>>211873322
Second Impact was literally an anti-AT Field. It was uncomplete instrumentality.
>>
>>211872940
All Lilin are animals, humans, and plants. That's why Penpen was in instrumentality in ep 26.
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 245x206)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>211861344
> Kaworu achieved CHIM
I really need to play Morrowind one of these days.
>>
>>211873601
If it was Misato wouldn't be alive.
>>
Pen-Pen lead Seele in secret.
>>
>>211873053
Kaji appears in the Misato sex scene but it might just be her memory of him.
>>
>>211860519
This. Anno a hack.
>>
>>211873812
She's only alive because she was put in an entry plug which is the only guard against an anti-AT field
>>
>>211873784
I feel like there'd be a lot of overlap between morrowind fans and eva fans but I'm not sure why
Maybe it's because both deal with divine metaphysics that the casual observer wouldn't know about if you don't obsessively look into it
>>
>>211874074
>be a hack
>make multiple masterpieces
I wish I was a hack
>>
>>211873601
I thought it was just a big explosion, caused by Adam's S2 engine going fucky-wucky after human interference?
>>
>>211874135
Didn't help Shinji.
>>
>>211874297
Are you talking about EoE? It totally did until he willingly let his AT Field down when he saw Kaworu.
>>
>>211874362
Instrumentality didn't start until after the kitchen scene.
>>
>>211874439
Instrumentality didn't happen for everyone else until after the kitchen scene, Shinji was reverted to LCL before everyone and that's how the scene happened in the first place.
>>
>>211874486
So how can you say it worked before he saw Kaworu when it didn't need to work because instrumentality hadn't started yet.
>>
>>211874705
I'm saying the Eva-related technology protects against Anti-AT fields, that's how Misato was able to survive in the entry plug and Rei/MPEvas were unable to do anything to Unit 01 until Shinji purposely let his AT Field down when Kaworu showed up.
>>
>>211860096
is the first ancestral race even canon isn't it just from some shitty waifu game
>>
>>211875161
They are never mentioned in the show or movies.
Only in NGE2 which is a game that had information from Gainax staff and in a proposal booklet from a few years before the show aired.
>>
>>211875486
But they don't contradict anything shown in the show or movies either
>>
>>211875161
It could be canon but not as extraterrestrial, more like an ancient earthling advanced civilization who lived on the place where the geofront is located and based on the former works of Anno.
>>
>>211875651
In nge2, they went the extraterrestrial route.
>>
>>211875690
To be fair in Nadia, Anno had took the extraterrestrial route too, he just precised that atlsnteans mixed their DNA with apes to create other humans. Some theory said Nadia and Evangelion take place in the same universe.
>>
>>211869752
I find it bizarre that Eva is so heavily merchandised. Obviously it's massively popular, but it isn't really a natural fit for it imo.
>>
>>211875789
Didn't they have Adam in Nadia too?
>>
>>211875161
It is canon in the manga.
>>
>>211875984
Wait what? Did the manga actually mention them?
>>
>>211875797
It's so popular that it doesn't even matter if it fits or not.
>>
>>211860096
thought i'd be near the shallow end but i'm actually ll the way down to the second to last tier.
>>
>>211860204
moooods, who let Misato out of her cage again?
>>
File: quick rundown 1.jpg (1.23 MB, 1500x2250)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>211876057
Not directly.
>>
File: quick rundown 2.jpg (986 KB, 1500x2250)
986 KB
986 KB JPG
>>211876057
>>211876412
>>
File: quick rundown 3.jpg (1.03 MB, 1500x2250)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>211876057
>>
>>211875968
Yes they have the corpse of a blue giant called Adam who is the first man and he his inside the ship of Gargoyle. Anno obviously made researches to put stuff like this.
>>
File: quick rundown 4.jpg (1.31 MB, 1500x2250)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>211876057
>>211876502
>>
>>211876502
are humans being the 13th angel something said in the animes/movies i always thought that was retarded
>>
File: quick rundown 5.jpg (858 KB, 1500x2250)
858 KB
858 KB JPG
>>211876586
>>
>>211876606
Misato says that they are the 18th angel in EoE.
>>
File: IMG_20201122_055248.jpg (308 KB, 981x1400)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
i wish theres more lore for this guys bros
>>
File: 7035479.png (160 KB, 403x700)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>211876586
>"They (angels) targeted Lilith in the geofront to fuse with her instead of Adam"
This was mentioned in the Classified Information Files too, but I never understood it. Wouldn't it make more sense for all the angels to want to fuse with Adam instead? Why would them merging with Lilith (and not Adam) reset all life?


>Angel
A. Publicly Released Information
Data unavailable.

B. Generally Recognized Information
The unidentified enemy of humankind, transcending the concepts of living and nonliving. Conventional weaponry is no match for their overwhelming offensive power. The target of their invasions is Nerv Headquarters in the Geofront below Tokyo-3.

C. Confidential Information
Angels are, indeed, lifeforms that were born from Adam. Humanity, on the other hand, originated from Lilith. Compared to organisms born from Lilith, the Angels are predisposed towards enormous size and individualistic existences. Adam-based life should be thriving on Earth, as it is the life that originally germinated there.

D. In-Depth Information
Two Seeds of Life are not needed on one planet, and, therefore, one of them is excluded. As recorded in the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls, Adam-based life took part in a contest of survival, putting the stakes on their own existence. Some of them were trying to access Lilith and reset all life, some of them had nothing in mind, and some were trying to recover their progenitor Adam. The Angels — Adam-based life — became active under their respective tactics for survival and success.
>>
File: m64500412463_1.jpg (98 KB, 1080x1080)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
just bought these
>>
File: 1600648893110.jpg (660 KB, 1080x1078)
660 KB
660 KB JPG
How deep am i?
> the world manifest to the previous quicksave after eoe
> asuka was awake when shinji locked the door
> asuka is a critique of the corporate world
> rebuild is not canon
> kaworu remained inside nigoki and asuka mistook him for mama
> kensuke is the most powerful pilot ever that would kickstart impacts 3rd to 5th alone, which is why he has never been a pilot in any adaptation
> kaiji faked his death since he realized how cool HI was and wanted to join it when it started
>>
>>211877068
It is also somewhat contradictory with the show itself since Kaworu fully thought Lilith was Adam and he thought he would destroy humanity by coming into contact with Adam.

Maybe they realised after the fact that by it always being Lilith in the basement there was never really any threat too the world even if an Angel defeated NERV so they wanted too put back the stakes after the fact.
>>
>>211877068
I just assumed they were drawn to Lilith because they thought she was Adam because he was "reverted to an embryo" so his presence would be overwhelmed by Lilith's.
>>
>>211875161
It's from NGE2. The developers of the game heavily interviewed Anno for the Classified Information Files of the game, which is why the files are considered canon by some.
>>
>>211877324
>Maybe they realised after the fact
"They" in this instance being the writers.
>>
>>211877324
>since Kaworu fully thought Lilith was Adam and he thought he would destroy humanity by coming into contact with Adam.
No, that was retconned in the DCs. Kaworu knew the being in the basement was Lilith from the start, Seele already told him Adam was with Gendo.
>>
>>211877394
>No, that was retconned in the DCs
The DC version still has Kaworu's shock over it being Lilith and not Adam.
>>
>>211877462
The interpretation is that he was putting on a show for Rei to get her to see her true body was Lilith, that's why he smiles at her before he dies.
>>
>>211877324
>he thought he would destroy humanity by coming into contact with Adam
Maybe because he had Adam's soul and he knew that an Impact would be triggered if he came into contact with his original body?
>>
>>211877068
Isnt one life form supposed to totally exterminate the other to thrive on earth?
I thought they all wanted to kill lilith eventually.
>>
>>211877502
That's pretty stupid.
He also emotes with is face when he realises, something he would have no reason of doing if only to fool Rei.
And it is not like he could just tell her that directly since no one else would have heard at the time.
>>
>>211860096
I've never watched it because all its fans seem mentally retarded and obnoxious, and you can usually tell a show's quality from its fanbase.
>>
>>211877530
The way he speaks makes it sound like any angel that returns to Adam would result in the destruction of humanity.
>>
File: 1427868763.png (1.08 MB, 764x1743)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>211877712
Yeah....
>>
>>211877394
>>211877872
This is all Anno's fault for retconning Kaworu into being Adam and adding that line about Gendo in the lake scene in the Director's Cut.
>>
File: anon_basado.png (2.66 MB, 1080x1920)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB PNG
>>211860131
incredibly based
>>
>>211860096
This is such a fucking garbage iceberg. All of this is surface level shit you'd find on the net and doesn't even scratch the surface of all the spin-off material.
>>
>>211877967
He also retconned Lilith into being in Terminal Dogma. The fat creature in Terminal Dogma was supposed to be Adam all along, this can be seen in the drafts for episode 24, but Anno decided to change that for some reason.
>>
>>211878538
You can't really call it a retcon if it wasn't in a published episode.
>>
> to understand what is happening on-screen you need to read obscure creative notes from the director
> even if u understand those notes, the likeliest answer you get is "the plot got fucked sideways"
Ah, the eternal classic.
>>
>>211878719
Nothing but the show and movie is needed too understand what is happening on screen.
>>
File: draft 1 - draft 2.png (304 KB, 1392x930)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>211878538
>this can be seen in the drafts for episode 24
Yup
>>
>>211878804
I guess that is why ppl still argue
> who killed kaji
> what was kaworu's purpose
> where did he come from
> whos inside 00
> how involved yui is
> did instrumentality fail
> why asuka left instrumentality
> will other ppl follow her
> what was gendos plan
Etcetc
>>
>>211860096
Layer 2.
It was trash btw, so no need to turn it into an archetypical story within my headcanon and then claim it's realer than reality.
>>
>>211879358
None of these are confirmed in any outside material. There is also nothing wrong with a show not giving concrete answers to every question as long as there are obvious potential answers readily available.

>> who killed kaji
It doesn't really matter. The point is that either side could have killed him because he has betrayed everyone.
> what was kaworu's purpose
SEELE sent Kaworu in to punish Gendo. Kaworu's own purpose I guess was to fuse with Adam until he met Shinji.
> where did he come from
He is an angel, he came from the same place as every other angel, Adam.
> whos inside 00
Shouldn't be particularly relevant, since Rei is Lilith which means she is connected to all of humanity so it could be anyone.
> how involved yui is
Involved in what?
> did instrumentality fail
In the sense that both Gendo and SEELE wanted it too happen, yes. But it still happend and people are still inside it.
> why asuka left instrumentality
It's in her personality to not want to be part of an human collective.
> will other ppl follow her
If they want too. Intentionally ambiguous.
> what was gendos plan
To reunite with Yui.
>>
>>211875797
What is there not to fit?
>>
>>211879747
>To reunite with Yui.

Gendo is one of the most romantic Characters in all of fiction. Everything he ever did was to return to his love. Evven if it meant sacrificing the world.

Still a shit dad though. But even he knows how shit he is.
>>
>>211879358
> who killed kaji
SEELE's assasin
> what was kaworu's purpose
the same as Rei's
> where did he come from
The same place as the other angels
> whos inside 00
Either Ritsuko's mom,(that's why unit 00 was trying to kill gendo) or noone, we need to remember that Rei was piloting 01, and her clones were used as dummu plugs, I think she doesn't need a compatible soul in her evangelion, or any soul at all.
> how involved yui is
Her soul is trapped inside 01, that's all
> did instrumentality fail
Hard to tell
> why asuka left instrumentality
She was inside her Evangelion, just like Shinji
> will other ppl follow her
Hard to tell
> what was gendos plan
Episodes 25 and 26
>>
>>211879983
>She was inside her Evangelion, just like Shinji
Irrelevant.
>>
>>211860421
Seems like the quintessential normalfag anime
>>
File: EP24.jpg (613 KB, 745x4559)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
>>211879983
>> what was kaworu's purpose
>the same as Rei's
Except Seele didn't want to use Kaworu for Instrumentality. They specifically said "we will not rely on Adam or the Angels", and sent him to Nerv to be killed.
>>
>>211880273
He was their plan B.
>>
>>211880336
In what way? Kaworu needed too die before instrumentality could be enacted anyway.
>>
File: kaworu dummy plug.png (267 KB, 853x480)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>211880434
So why did they clone him at least 9 times?
>>
>>211880704
That is a dummy plug, there so they can use the MP Evas.
>>
File: EjEHYQ5VgAAzVlG.png (54 KB, 348x340)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>211880662
Nice!
>>
>>211879956
Yet he never understood what yui wanted. The bitch never told him either, probably because she knew he'd be against it. In conclusion: their relationship was always a bit screwed.
>>
>>211877663
That's due to the retconning in the DCs. Since Kaworu was originally just an angel, it wasn't until the added scenes that Anno boosted him up to Adam.
>>
>>211878654
Kaji calls it Adam in one of the early episodes, it's very clearly a retcon.
>>
Casualfag here, I've not done much research into EVA, but after watching the show and EoE twice I'm under the impression that the entirety of the show takes place during third impact and it's Shinji reliving events that have already happened to him to decide whether or not to reject instrumentality, which is why his tape player is always stuck between 25-26. The only time we see the 'real world' is the stuff pre third impact in EoE.

Is there any basis to this?
>>
>>211881371
Kaji didn't even know what he stole.
>>
>>211881371
Kaji wouldn't know about Lilith.
>>
>>211879956
No way, Gendo just clung to Yui because she was the first person to show him love. He didn't genuinely care about her beyond that, or he would have cared for Shinji and respected her wishes.
>>
>>211881400
>>211881413
Everything from the ep 24 drafts to storyboard interviews confirms it's a retcon that Anno introduced Lilith late into the making of episode 24, c'mon.
>>
>>211881497
>respected her wishes
She never gave him her wishes.
>>
>>211881607
She told him to take care of Shinji.
>>
>>211881639
He did in a way.
>>
>>211881710
No, it's because he didn't care for him at all that's the source of all Shinji's problems.
>>
>>211861238
see >>211859930
>>
4.0 will be live action EoE.

You heard it here first.
>>
File: 0235.jpg (35 KB, 512x384)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>211881710
No.
>>
>>211881756
He told him good job in that one episode. And they regularly went and visited Yui's grave together.
>>211881868
The teacher was probably a far better guardian than Gendo would ever be.
>>
>>211881957
>He told him good job in that one episode
....and? The one good thing he did for him in his entire life?
>they regularly went and visited Yui's grave together
They went together twice.
>>
>>211877165
Go to bed, Tiffany Grant
>>
Evangelion Aids psa.
>>
File: 1557793749348.jpg (186 KB, 1280x1024)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>211882227
Further proof of asushin's canonicity.
>>
File: Ee0OBC6UYAAiw9N.jpg (140 KB, 1172x1378)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>211882227
>>211882470
If it's canon then it's canon Shinji got AIDs from Kaworu first and then gave it to Asuka, Kawoshin wins again.
>>
>>211879983
ha ha holy fuck imagine being this wrong
>>
>>211882549
Based
>>
Does anybody have a high quality image of the state of the world shown to Shinji by Kaworu in 3.33? I surprisingly can't find it anywhere online, and I need it for reasons.
>>
>>211880704
There's no evidence he was cloned, all they needed was to upload his brain patterns to make a dummy plug system off of him like they did with Rei
>>
File: k91007.jpg (250 KB, 728x1045)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>
File: k91008.jpg (109 KB, 728x1036)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>211882854
>>
File: k91009.jpg (191 KB, 728x1039)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>211882894
>>
File: k91010.jpg (244 KB, 728x1038)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>211882945
>>
>>211860695
A fanwank that even Evageeks considered garbage.
>>
File: gendo.gif (654 KB, 400x226)
654 KB
654 KB GIF
>>211882854
>>211882894
>>211882945
>>211883000
God, I fucking hate Gendo.
>>
>>211883222
Especially manga Gendo is a real piece of shit
>>
>>211882549
Kawoshin always gets the last laugh
>>
File: 1605651964815.gif (913 KB, 1250x799)
913 KB
913 KB GIF
>>211883355
We just can't stop winning
>>
>>211881396
>The only time we see the 'real world' is the stuff pre third impact in EoE.
This is an interesting theory but why do you say this?
>>
>>211881396
It makes as much sense as "they were dreaming the whole time!" -tier theories.
>>
>>211883222
>>211883302
Nope, remember, the show says it's all Shinji's fault for not reaching out and communicating with his father enough, that's the source of his problems!
>>
>>211879300
>Kaworu: I do feel a little regretful that we didn't have a chance to perform together.
>Shinji: Let's go back together. We'll do it together. I got up early this morning to practice a bit even.
At least they got to perform together in Rebuild. It's nice to see Anno used some ideas from the drafts.
>>
>>211883938
The piano scene in the Manga definitely comes from the 2nd draft too. Some scenes are also adapted in spinoffs like SIRP.
>>
>>211878087
Kek, good one anon, saved . I've came back to the thread to see if I've gotten any (You)s from evafags.
>>
File: IMG_20201122_011934.jpg (715 KB, 1942x1992)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
Shinji!
>>
File: stargazing.jpg (43 KB, 640x480)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>211883938
Not just drafts, spinoffs too even.
>>
>shinji is anno's self insert
I thought this was obvious
>>
File: eva chart.jpg (1.41 MB, 1080x1920)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>211860096
Here
>>
File: 1512029255259.jpg (51 KB, 399x600)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>211884069
Cute! Keep going, I like seeing your drawings in these threads, anon.
>>
File: 1557012287313.jpg (114 KB, 591x591)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>
>>211885845
Shinji looks so miserable around the girls, what a homo
>>
>>211886036
I mean who wouldn't be miserable being forced to choose between Rei and Asuka?
>>
File: 535353535353t.jpg (44 KB, 1280x544)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>211886228
Right? Imagine being forced to choose between them when you have Kaworu.
>>
>>211867927
Because we have a piece of them on our planet and we cannot co-exist on the same planet, and I dont think we can once we acknowledged each other.
>>
File: 1602695890156.jpg (64 KB, 655x527)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>211873784
its not as profound as you wish at least up front. The biggest indicator of CHIM and us(MC) is Vivic (dude who achieved CHIM more or less) acknowledges the fact we are the MC, the true god above even the god itself whos dreaming Elder Scrolls.

>Can save/load
Can never lose, can alter any outcome, will never win or lose unless 100% decided and on purpose of us. 100% unbeatable and untouchable even by the dreaming god.
>Alt-F4
Can remove ourselves from any conflict safely.
>Console Commands
Literal CHIM.
>Mods
even more CHIM
>Uninstall
Can force the world into a state of stasis, even against the true god.

While this applies to like 99% of games, Morrowind makes this a point if you arent fucking retarded.
>>
>>211860096
she was a ephebophile? what is that
>>
>>211860298
huh how there is an American ship in the series.
>>
>>211887430
Because Japan occupied the US in this timeline
>>
>>211860421
whos she
>>
>>211887466
ahh, any other proof in the series>?
>>
>>211887575
I think it's mostly through background info like the newspapers Fuyutsuki is reading
>>
>>211860695
Kissing is a metaphor for sex
>>
>>211860589
It is lol
>>
File: Annodab.jpg (22 KB, 375x362)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
How will you react if EoE and Rebuild end up being connected?
>>
>>211887829
I missed the part of the bible where Adam choked Eve out
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 248x203)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>211882894
>>211882945
>>211883000
>>211883302
Of all the characters, Sadamoto got Gendo the most wrong. He has no business talking about his feelings this much.

Some aspects of the Manga are great. Especially when it diverges from the TV show. Kaworu gets an extended introduction and the Toji/Unit-03 arc is far better presented and concluded. There's a lot of additional material and plot which got dropped or left to inferrence in the show.

But certain things are just... wrong... and Gendo is one of them. Manga Gendo is just a selfish asshole, whereas NGE Gendo is an unstoppable, inscrutable force of pimp legion arch-bastardry. Shinji does not get enough credit for having the balls to flip the monster off.

Rebuild Gendo also went soft, but I think he got his groove back in 3.0.
>>
File: f i l e.png (65 KB, 1288x304)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>211887901
Not like this
>>
File: 3.0 + 1.0.jpg (1.44 MB, 1600x1168)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>211887901
I'll laugh at all the seething it causes
>>
>>211887901
I'd clap of course.
>>
>>211887971
The only good parts of the manga are the decision to kill Toji and the Kaji backstory. Everything else fucking sucks. Gendo is ruined, Asuka is ruined, Kaworu is ruined, I could go on.
>>
File: 397.png (55 KB, 278x224)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>211887901
I'll stay on /a/ all day just to laugh at the collective meltdown.
>>
>>211888112
>Asuka is ruined, Kaworu is ruined
Only if you ship Shinji with either.
And the real ruin is Rei, who is basically turned into Yui for the entire Manga.
>>
>>211887901
He is the master for a reason, anon.
>>
File: I pretend I do not see it.jpg (279 KB, 2048x1338)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>211887991
Imagine all the shit asushin shippers will get if this ends up being true... It's going to be like the "OH NO NO NO R-REIBROS?????" but with asushin instead.
>>
>>211888146
Are you kidding? Asuka being a stupid test tube baby is retarded, Kaworu just having a worse version of Rei's character arc is retarded, it has nothing to do with shipping. Their characters are terrible.
>>
>>211888226
Asushin shippers are the most hated people in the entire fanbase, they're going to be shit on harder than anyone I'm sure. If a Hall of Anal Devastation is made, 80% of it will be Evageeks posts.
>>
>>211888226
>OH NO NO NO A-ASUSHINBROS???? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? I-I THOUGHT SHINJI AND ASUKA BECAME A-ADAM AND EVE????
>>
>>211888226
>if this ends up being true
Is it confirmed that Rebuild is connected to EoE?
>>
>>211888500
Not yet, but it is heavily implied in Until You Come To Me
>>
>>211888619
>Until You Come To Me
Is that canon?
>>
>>211888749
We'll have to wait and see
>>
>>211879358
>Who killed kaji
Could have been one of many seele and Nerv agents
>What was kaworu's purpose
seele used him in an attempt to weaken Nerv before their assult
>Who's in eva 00
My guess is rei 1 but I'm not sure
>How involved is Yui
Hard to tell how much of it was her plan, but at the very least took advantage of the situation to become imortal and live forever as eva 1
>Did instrumentality fail
As a permanent stage of human evolution yes, as a way for people to understand each other better, no
>Why Asuka left instrumentality
Very strong will to live after her eva battle, that and she's used to exerting an at Field after using an eva
>Will people follow her
With time yes
>What was gendo's plan
To live out his vore fetish by being devoured by eva 1 as punishment for his cruelty towards shinji
>>
File: 1606016537341.jpg (1.09 MB, 4209x2976)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>211879358
>> why asuka left instrumentality
She's very individualistic and probably hated the whole event, which is why she wasn't there for long.
>>
Anima’s Eva designs are cool
>>
File: SeemsAboutRight.png (95 KB, 755x228)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>211860131
>>211878087
>>
>>211890835
Thanks, posted to Reddit
>>
>>211891036
Why?
>>
>Misato hops on his dick after Kaji dies
>Fucks Kaworu
>Fucks Rei in instrumentality
>Gives Asuka Kaworu's angel AIDS after EOE
Shinji can't stop winning
>>
>>211868735
watch it again
>>
>>211875797
japs have an uncanny ability to merchandise anything
>>
>>211878334
At least you have to dig a little for the Lost Ruins of Arqa
>>
>>211881710
>>211881756
Gendo thought he was a piece of shit unfit to take care of Shinji in a world without Yui. He made that a self-fulfilling prophecy by running from his parental duties, like his son ran away from the fucking robot.
>>
>>211887971
Gendo was always a weak man that people thought was strong because he was aloof. He is literally Shinji but older.
>>
Will the mods let us try the general again tomorrow?
>>
>>211860096
Madoka Magica is a sequel to Evangelion.
>>
>there are still 5 Eva threads on /a/ at the same time in current year.
All's right with the world.
>>
>>211863930
It's fucking bullshit. she just has bandaged arm and eye, It's some hidden Rei symbolism, just a result of the evil pigeon gangbang scene
>>
File: eva threads.png (183 KB, 800x3000)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
.
>>
>>211860096
>>211860096
25 and 26 actually weren't what they were because Gainax had problems with funding. The shows was still in production when it started airing and the animation team just didn't have the time to make the deadline, so they reused footage and came up with the cpngratwfulwfatifns meme.
Ebin memes aside, half of that image is just plain wrong.
>>
>>
>>211895947
You mean again. Shit was dead since the last 3.0 and the short wave of confused normalniggers thanks to Netflix



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.