[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wip nigga.png (1.98 MB, 1024x1024)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
/wip/ - Works in Progress Black Hole Edition

Post your work-in-progress projects, recently finished projects, or things you'd like critiqued here.

Previous thread: >>921875

List of free resources: https://pastebin.com/cZLVnNtB
/3/ Discord for those interested: https://discord.gg/ujt5vtr4DE
>>
File: 0001-1862.webm (2.83 MB, 1602x832)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
WIP for almost 23 months now.
>>
>>926270
That's pretty awesome. Is it for a game or is it "just" a VRChat avatar?
>>
File: hair compare.png (1.93 MB, 1950x940)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>926270

I've always had trouble with the hair
If anyone has tips or wants to doodle over it I would appreciate it very much

2nd one is unfinished, but I don't think it's going to turn out good anyways.
>>
>>926271
vTuber maybe?
I really don't think I have the personality to do it though.
At least I'm having fun making this though.

This probably won't work for VRChat. Too much weird bullshit going on.
>>
>>926272
Impressive. What engine? If Unity, where do you add the custom code to change rendering?
That hair mask is too much I think tho, perhaps make it smaller
>>
File: GoldemRoom01.png (3.83 MB, 2155x1168)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB PNG
Starting to model an environment, the inside of a biomechanical spaceship.
Left is the highpoly and right is the Unreal Scene with test textures on the assets that are already retopoed and UVed
>>
>Post something
>Get no (you)s

Is this because it's alright, not great, not complete shit, just average so not worth a (you), is it because it's so shit it's not worth (you)ing, or can it be a combination of both?
I'm incredibly insecure so I need this answered.
>>
>>926311
Are you the anon that made the giger coffin? How do you get your scuplts to look so sharp and smooth ?
>>
>>926319
Post your work anon, i will reply to it >>926319
>>
File: 0018.jpg (902 KB, 1920x1080)
902 KB
902 KB JPG
I still need to add a lot of shit to the field (dead trees, rocks, mechanical rubble) and a character going though it.
>>
File: 1655252758902.jpg (457 KB, 1997x1278)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>926321
I was just curious about it because I see it often and wasn't sure why.
I do have something to post that I'm having an issue with if you want to help me with that? I'm just not sure if it will look alright in the final render or not, though I don't think it will.
It looks too cartoony and I can't tell if it's because of my pathetic attempt at making the material or my pathetic attempt at splintered wood, or it might even be both. The material looks like cardboard and the splinters look too big. Like wood doesn't splinter that way, it's much smaller and more "needle" like.
>>
>>926323
Looking at it now I could probably lighten the material inside the splinters too because it's always lighter there than it is outside.
>>
>>926320
Yes, I sculpt the base details on a low subdivision, then I dynamesh with polish and no blur, after that i sculpt the details while slowly increasing the dynamesh resolution, after I have the major forms done and detailed I subdivide it 1 or 2 more times and use Smooth Peaks/Smooth Valleys and polish/flatten(on a pretty high intensity) on the areas i want to sharpen or smooth.
Another tip is to use Dam standard on the edges to make them sharper, although I didn't use it in this environment
(if you are sculpting using alphas/stencils you might want to start increasing the subdivisions earlier so they come out more defined)

another method if you are currently working with a dynamesh subtool, duplicate it, zremesh the lower subtool (maybe repeat with the 'half option enabled'). Project then divide and repeat until it matches the detail of your first subtool. You should find that you can smooth more easily, especially if you switch down subdivision levels, as well as large movements to big portions of the mesh with the Move tool at lower subdivision to rapidly modify the silhouette.
>>
>>926322
Giving me some Death Stranding vibes
Ground and mountains are looking a bit low resolution though, might want to increase their polycount or refine the materials
>>
>>926323
Its both, the wood material looks too monochromatic and there is not enough color variation on the inside and outside of the wood.
The engraving also looks too clean and perfect, adding some slight imperfections (Burn/slashes) around the outside of the engraving might help.
You might want to make some modular Splinter pieces to place along the places where the model is broken, there should be a lot of small needle like pieces of wood sticking out from under the big cracks
>>
>>926280
Unity + Scriptable Render Feature

Are you talking about the notch in the head? I made it oversized because it needs to catch attention from thumbnails. I figured a bit of gore/body horror would work.
Do you think you would get used to it if you stared at it for a while? Or is it just too big?
>>
>>926329
>Its both
I had a feeling that was the case. I think I'll just redo it to save the hassle. The first time I did it it was a lot better. This time I didn't do enough subdivisions and knew immediately I'd fucked up.
I'll just steal a material from somewhere. I probably have one saved already.

>The engraving also looks too clean and perfect
Do you mean the eagle? It's not really meant to be an engraving, it's supposed to be more like painted on with a stencil.
What I meant to do with that was sort of, I'm not sure what you call it with modeling but with real spray painting it's called overspray, you know like feather the edges so it isn't as sharp looking? I probably should have done that on the image itself rather than try to do it in Blender. Not that I've tried yet.

>You might want to make some modular Splinter pieces to place along the places where the model is broke
Good idea. I'll try that too and report back.

Thanks senpai.
>>
>>926323
Do you have subsurface scattering turned on?
If you do, remember to adjust both subsurface radius and color
I also think the lighting isn't giving your work a fair chance.
>>
File: 1642135410144.jpg (612 KB, 1992x1634)
612 KB
612 KB JPG
>>926333
I don't have subsurface scattering on. It's one of those things I always forget about it. I'll try it with that.
I'm just using an HDRI for the lighting right now. I'll fix that up at the end. It seems to look a bit better when the other parts are in the scene for some reason.

Pic related is just a test, but it's a lot better r-right?
>>
File: wip1.1.jpg (238 KB, 1200x1200)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
Learning substance painter, that's pretty much it. I wish you all a fine evening.
>>
>>926344
Why do you have on and off switches? Usually with a switch when it's one way it's on and when it's the other it's off. Buttons sometimes have one for on and one for off, but I don't think switches usually do.
I'm not dabbing on you btw I'm just saying and being nitpicky.
>>
>>926347
For safety, one disengages the other. Joking aside, texel density for that uv shell must be too low, finer print was too blurry so i just slapped this on. I'll have that in mind next time.
>>
File: pork.png (248 KB, 598x573)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
Oink oink bitches
>>
>>926268
>no more /wip/ OP image with all the cool things anons made cut out and strewn about in wacky ways
What happened? We used to have fun around here...
>>
>>926358
Pretty sure some of the faggots started a hiss-fit about it and the admin got tired.
>>
>>926358
>>926360
Nah we love CollageAnon senpai, from what I remember I think he was just a little burned out from having other things going on in his life as well.
Last time we agreed that, should he ever return, that we should make transparent cutouts of our WIPs moving forward so that he can more easily make those sweet sweet collages.
But he's not forced to keep making those collages of course, and also nobody is stopping other anons from making collages for the OP should they so desire
>>
>>926358
I imagine it's tiresome to maintain.
>Want to start a new thread
>Have to spend the next 30 minutes collecting everyone's images, editing the backgrounds out, and placing them in the image.
>>
File: 0000000258.webm (2.2 MB, 810x540)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB WEBM
When there is no precedent for the design you have laid out, the path has not been illuminated by others and you must light it yourself as you go- the design will sink or swim based on the creator's execution

The ultimate goal is to create strong media for others to experience and enjoy. The obstacles are never-ending, it is beyond just finding ways to express myself- I find expression natural- However, navigating these paths to execute that expression in the form of interactive experience, where creator meets player, in novel form, is what I find most difficult

Getting from A to B, and making sure it melds with all other point to point connections in the design

I don't feel scared, nor defeated. I feel lost sometimes, forgetting the course I've laid out to get from A to B. I feel overwhelmed at times, and frozen, unable to act due to the scope of my own designs.

About a year into this journey, myself and 2 friends. They are programmers . Wish me luck, we are working toward gameplay demonstration before year's end

This is some goodprocess xtras from my art side of the project
>>
File: t1.png (630 KB, 1074x1171)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
>>926268
Practicing some hand painted texturing and pretending that properly deforming shoulders are overrated anyway.
>>
>>926330
You get used to used.

>Scriptable Render Feature
Thanks. Will check this
>>
>>926311
Do some vagina doors like in Stars are Legion

>>926376
What software are you using to paint it? People tell me you can do it in substance painter but it sucks
>>
>>926381
To be honest, I am just using the Blender texture painting tool. It is kind of lackluster, but I am reasonably competent in Photoshop, if I want to touch it up. So far however, the only thing I have done outside Blender is upping the contrast a little bit with an adjustment layer.
>>
>>926376
I was just about to ask you about your shoulders. I've been trying to make good shoulders forever. But it's like no matter what I do, it's never even close to good enough.

How is everyone making shoulders? Is there some ultra secret to bones that you have to pay for to learn?
>>
>>926381
Great idea
>>
>>926335
big improvement already,
>>
>>926375
Your animation work is exemplary as always! Good luck with the game; love seeing your stuff.
>>
>>926323
It's an anonymous image board, don't really see the point of being self-conscious of your work. You'll get good feedback, but if something isn't responded to then something isn't responded to. No real deeper meaning necessarily.

Every now and then even I'll post about while I'm learning, and my stuff is 99% flat planes that fail to capture the aesthetic I'm going for. Your work is already leagues ahead, so no point in stressing the small stuff.
>>
File: 24.jpg (377 KB, 1909x2091)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
Trying to make my first npr scene. I don't think there's much else I can really add, however I'm also still not fully satisfied with it -- it's hard to try get that anime-esque look without just looking like bad 3d.

I want it to be all done in blender, so no after painting etc. Any criticisms or things I could add?
>>
>>926432
That's quite nice!
I think the moon should be brighter, right now it looks grey and dull
Maybe the water could be either choppier or flatter, it looks a bit oily now. Or maybe it's a scale thing. Or it needs more variety.
>>
>>926319
It's meaningless to overthink this, anon. Make art because you enjoy the process or the subject matter. If you enjoy wood and you like to see it broken, then do that and be happy with yourself. Not getting (You)'s just means anons had nothing to say about it at the time, no more, no less. The 'it got no engagement so it must be terrible' plot of land is not somewhere I would encourage you to build a home in.
>>
>>926375
BASED world4jack post
>>
>>926399
Hey thanks. I'll improve the splinters and try to do some modular splinters too because it'll pretty close to the camera.

>>926421
I'm not really insecure I was just joking about that and I do normally get feedback when I post. It was just one of those things I'd noticed (not just when I post, but other people too) and often wondered about.
I like your aesthetic btw. I'm not sure if it's what you're going for, but it feels like the first Sims.
Thanks though anon, I appreciate it.

>>926447
The funny thing is I only really do it because I enjoy it. I've left it much too late in the day to ever make a career of it or anything like that.
You are right though in what you say and, like I said to the other anon, I was only joking about being insecure. Really I just like to know if I'm heading in the right direction with things.
Truthfully everyone in /wip/ has helped me since I started and have never been anything but nice. Nice as in being helpful. Not as in blowing smoke up my arse telling me something shit was good just to "spare my feelings" or whatever.

Thanks bros.
>>
File: fast_shop.jpg (154 KB, 962x1058)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>926432
I think it's really nice, but you asked for ideas so I made a few tweaks:
- removed the mountains, added backlit clouds
- lanterns got a little more depth
- made indoor lighting pop more like the windows in the top left
>>
>>926432
Yeah, the water was something I was having issue with, I'll need to play with it some more to get it right

>>926451
This is super helpful, the small things like the lantern depth seem so obvious in hindsight. Thanks to both for the help!
>>
>>926432
This looks awesome, great work anon
>>
>>926323
Do you have any reference images collected anon? It's easier to compare what's wrong with the render side by side with the reference. Upon first impressions the textures are too uniform and don't have any surface imperfections. I am not really sure why the planks has spaces between em unless this is just a test render for the prop.
>>
>>926473
Good point actually I always forget to use references. I was just running off the logic of
>It's a wooden box how hard can it be
Like I usually do and I even know it's the wrong way to do things. Although the other part that I haven't posted yet I did use references for, but there's that many designs of it it was much easier to take some artistic liberties.
I haven't done the imperfections or nothing yet on the wood. Not on that one or the one I've replaced it with. I was going to do that later because I've never tried it before so I'm procrastinating with it.
One thing I am having an issue with is how intense the bump map on the new wood is. It's never been an issue before and it looks fine as long as no light is shining directly on it, but when it is it looks really intense and it looks way too shiny which I assume is the roughness map. It almost looks like skin that's cracked and then been candied. It's disgusting. I have a feeling it's just not scaled enough so I'll try that first.
>I am not really sure why the planks has spaces between em
From what I know it depends what they're storing. Crates that hold fresh produce have gaps between the blanks so fresh air can get to in and stop whatever is inside from going manky.
For me it's more of an aesthetic choice, I just prefer gappy crates. Although with the schizo headcanon I'm using for the scene I could make the argument for what's inside needing to be kept fresh.
I appreciate your help anon. Thanks.
>>
File: shot_g_min.png (2.3 MB, 4800x5155)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
update on cow-girl from the last thread.
Need to work on making better-looking faces and the like.
Hopefully will git gud with practice.
>>
>>926498
Complete garbage.
>>
>>926501
I like it >:(
>>
>>926498
fix the face please, it looks gross and unappealing
The braids are also have some very distinct edges you might want to smooth out, the rest of it looks decent though
>>
>>926498
.... very puffy vulva
>>
File: shot_b.png (3.86 MB, 4800x2700)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB PNG
>>926523
I think it's fine and you're a dumbass.
Doesn't matter now though, it's done.
>>
File: cowgirl touchup.png (440 KB, 453x831)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>926498
You do have a decent grasp on anatomy, but the face looks somewhat unappealing personally. Eyes and forehead look ok, nose ok (I don't mind snub-noses or it might just be the camera angle that's giving the impression of it), but the area between the nose and the upper lip is likely the major culprit in this perceived ugliness of mine: it's too chiseled and looks Shrek-tier, might I suggest smoothing it out a bit? As it is it's creating some pretty strong and not very pretty shadows due to likely deep crevices, I think it might be worth trying to make those crevices shallower in that area. See pic rel to show what I mean. That's what I would do anyway, it's your model.
Other than that, lips look ok and chin looks ok.

Overall a good model. Sculpts always tend to look a bit off, but once you slap some textures on and put actual lighting on (you know what I mean like HDRI shit) it should look breddy gud
>>
File: 014.png (3.42 MB, 1920x1080)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB PNG
>>926322
I liked the chains coming from the sky, looks pretty cool.

observation deck from Silent Hill 2. I tried to make a middle ground between the original and the remake version
>>
>>926322
I think the sparseness of the environment is actually fine if you're going for some kinda creepy vibe here. The chains are way too big and there's far too many of them though, just makes the whole thing seem a bit cluttered and silly. Also you did a good job with the whole 'sun being seriously obstructed by a layer of clouds' thing but then you put all these super thick ones at the top and it's a little weird.
Take the Suzanne head off. I know it's a preview and you're having fun with it but y'know... it's not that type of render.
Curious to see more of this and where you'll take it, anon. Keep it up.

>>926592
Looks fantastic, mate. Texture work is super consistent to that PS2 era. Nice and roughed up and grungy in all the right ways, no extra channels making things clash unnecessarily. If this was one of those HD texture pack projects or fan restoration projects I'd be a little proud of it.
>>
File: file.png (2.64 MB, 2869x1842)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB PNG
sonic stuff.
>>
>>926344
love this aesthetic!
>>926376
AO looks good. Maybe a little AO where your model pieces come together? Like where the Hair attaches (or in between) to the head.
>>926592
Awesome. Makes me want to play it.
>>926631
Lighting looks really cool.
>>
File: Renagade_gun_01_Wip.jpg (108 KB, 1862x1048)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Just got a 3D printer so now I'm working on a post-apocalyptic vermin/ratmen army.

Weapons are based off of Anvil Industry's

The Ratmen them self's will look like GW's Clanrats but with a more human like upright posture. With softer features so when I make the female Vermin they wont look so out of place while trying not deviate too far from the original look.
>>
File: wipbig.jpg (1.01 MB, 1024x2048)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Blocking out this little fella. Crab/spider/bagworm moth automaton, storing goods in his head trunk. With hooks in the back for attaching additional trunk. A bit like the one in horizon zero. I'm having hard time coming up with details though, can't suspend disbelief so to speak. Every joint has to work.
>>926688
You're using geedubs models as a base to modify, or print entire characters and fit them with weapons?
>>
File: Untitled.png (353 KB, 670x696)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
Progress after 2 weeks. My first proper project btw.
>>
>>926702
it shows, but you can get away with a lot by flat-shading the face later on
the thumbs go in the wrong direction but it kind of works if it's supposed to be a monstrous hand
>>
>>926701
Cool. You should make all the eyes telescopic so it can give a lot of character.

Was just copying it because the original plan was to convert Skaven with there bits. GW screwed up my order so it came 3 weeks late and Anvil Indistrys wont let me order with a prepaid visa and not even through paypal. Which is weird because it worked before. And Skaven being $60 Can. I deiced to get an Elegoo Saturn 8k.

https://www.pinterest.ca/search/pins/?q=crab%20robot&rs=typed gather all the reference for 30min. then stop sit-down and sketch.
>>
File: Wip1.png (219 KB, 1539x892)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
Been working on this today. Some progress yes? I decided to go with the new head.
>>
File: Wip2.png (219 KB, 702x825)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
Some upgrades.
>>
File: Wip4.png (267 KB, 789x872)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>
File: Wip3.png (159 KB, 1165x724)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>
>>926270
why are you here? You deserve better.
>>
>>926715
>>926716
>>926718
>>926719
Loving it so far!
>>
File: zall.png (1.16 MB, 1363x854)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
Update on my Zaku 2 from a few threads back

Yesterday It took about 10 hours to unwrap everything. Its all ID mapped and prebaked for substance which is what I did today for the head.

The cockpit got some more greebling attention as did the exterior. It should look great.
>>
>>926272
How did you make her features change shape based on camera angle?
>>
File: 01.jpg (363 KB, 2316x1432)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>926159
It wasn't mine. I can't draw, much less draw well enough to come up with a character.
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3563812?q=siege_%28arknights%29+official_art
It's a character from a gacha game I like and play.
Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>926752
Sweet, can't wait to see it finished. With some dirt and grime and whatnot.
>>
I want to start making anime -esque tanks and experiment with NPR, but for now I'm a complete creative hack , and I can't help but feel guilty about really wanting to crib people's designs off pinterest like pic related.

I probably shouldn't because I have 0 plan to monetize my work and will give credit when the model is done.

What got me some motivation is the release of this thing :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3lYNze-EeU
Some guy made a 'custom build" of Blender specifically tuned for Anime style Shading.
It might be one of the first things I "buy" off Patreon, just to see how he handled the lighting.
>>
File: 0001.webm (1.03 MB, 1280x720)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB WEBM
>>926832
Before I stopped having time for 3d shit, I made this rocket launcher bug robot, but I think I became discouraged when I bit off more than I could chew with the environment.
I wanted to have like..... an Neon Genesis Evangellion style city street and making all those buildings kinda crushed my sprit.
>>
>>926834
I'm aiming to reproduce this exact style, right down to the effects, post processing, "grit" etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=redlketVxn4
>>
>>926530
>I think it's fine and you're a dumbass.
classic behavior
>>926531
>Sculpts
its not a sculpt
>>
>>926832
Why not try ai designs? I can draw but ai makes things a lot faster
>>
File: 1654532086584.png (626 KB, 800x800)
626 KB
626 KB PNG
>>926716
>>
File: CipolliniAdOneBlockout.png (773 KB, 1125x1101)
773 KB
773 KB PNG
I'm working on a bobble head of my Dad for his birthday, but the bike handle bar is kind of a weird shape so its just a blockout for now. I might go and sculpt it. So far I've made this through a mix of solidworks and blender because. The thought of bringing it to zbrush when it's already been through so much is kind of funny to me.
>>
File: CipolliniAdOneSideView.png (429 KB, 1126x702)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
>>926873
Forgot to mention that the idea is to make a bobble head of my dad ON a bike. Anyways take another wip pic
>>
>>926758
I wrote a little script for it.
All it does is:
Calculate the rotation from the head to the camera
Convert that to euler angles
Shove the euler angles through some AnimationCurve s
Apply the resulting values to the position, rotation, and scale of each face feature
>>
>>926834
Looking good anon

If you're planning to do animations and stuff I recommend taking a look at this video.
https://youtu.be/ZsvZsVPhTVs?t=275

The guy covers some important points about the limitations of 2D drawing and why certain movements in 3D anime look terrible.
The rest of the video is interesting too but not as important as that stuff.
>>
File: 1660749533413.jpg (587 KB, 2581x1331)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
I think it's looking a bit better now /wip/ chads. Still other things I need to do obviously, but progress is progress right? I still can't fix that normal map intensity btw so no bully.

Not related to this, but more to Blender in general. I've noticed a bit of an oddity with the HDRI. It's not really an issue, but I'm not sure why it's happening. Just wondering if any of you have came across it before.

>Use the same HDRI all the time just for the lighting and always make my HDRIs transparent
>Sometimes forget to do it and just do all of the lighting at the end
>Start noticing my usual HDRI being reflected in some objects even when I'm not using an HDRI
>Maybe I'm just seeing things
>Use different HDRI for this project that's snowy (for obvious reasons) while the usual one is more like a sunny forest
>Shade something smooth and the HDRI is reflected in it
>But it's the sunny forest one and not the snowy one that I'm using
>Strange
>Turn autosmoothing on
>HDRI reflection changes to the snowy one that I'm using

Like I say it's not something important it's just weird.
>>
File: car bottom.jpg (92 KB, 1764x740)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
topology CHADS.
do you know why the mouth of my car is crumpled up like this?
Pretty sure it's because my topology is wrong but idk how to make it smooth
>>
File: 1669093656721565.png (948 KB, 1764x740)
948 KB
948 KB PNG
>>926881
I'm a newbie myself. And truth be told, I don't really understand what you're asking. What is the "crumpled" part exactly? But in any case, I think I see some oddities here.
The two small circles show stray edges suddenly ending. Shouldn't you resolve those? Or is there some advanced topology technique I'm not aware of?

The long circle on the bottom is just me noticing that two edgeloops are really close together. You can probably get rid of one. Unless it's serving a function I'm not aware of.

The hatching is me notcing that there's an extra row of quads on the bottom of the mouth, but not on the top. Not really a problem if you did it on purpose. But the lack of symmetry just caught my eye.
>>
File: choochooo1.png (1.92 MB, 1920x1080)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>>926268
opened up an old project I had but the topology of everything is fucked so i cant unwrap and add proper textures with mixer.
>>926592
iirc didn't the ps2 use gouche shading? how do you make textures in the ps2 era since newer software have sort of accurate lightning?
>>
>>926322
I like it! You could try giving the image a more "large scale" look by making the chain links smaller the further away from the cam they are and keeping the overall chain length.
>>
>>926882
The crumpled part of the mouth I circles it desu. It's probably hard to see.
I use ngons in places where I want to leave smooth/undefined. The topology usually solves it self when you smooth it and it tends to look way better than just terminating it with a triangle or something.
The long circle part are places where I need sharper, more defined edges on the tire arch.
As for the bottome squares it's just to hold the shape of the mouth when I smooth it. Probably what's causing the problem but I can't think of an alternative
>>
File: 1669093656721565.jpg (157 KB, 1764x740)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>926900
I forgot to attach the pic
>>
File: image.png (3.24 MB, 1280x1440)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB PNG
>>926898
The lighting is done using standard lights, such as Omni and Spot type. A Skylight is needed as a complement. It controls the dark parts of the scene to avoid absolute pitch where the light cannot reach (see the attached image). For the background texture I used self-illumination. Shadows are turned off. What looks like a shadow under the car is actually a plane object with opacity. As for the texture, I make it 256px and then convert it to indexed color with 128 colors.
>>
File: workinondeez.png (1.76 MB, 1724x1102)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>926991
Working on deez. I haven't texture painted in years so am learning that again now.
>>
>>926994
Wow you sketched those?
That's cool as fuck. Nice job anon.
>>
File: cleanup.png (493 KB, 1024x1024)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
>>927011
thanks anon, the first couple were made all the way back in 2019 and I've had to go back in and cleanup the topology for the hulls.
>>
>>926994
>>927027
very nice. I liked the blue car sketch, it has an interesting design.
>>
>>926832
Just model the tank, anon. It's a fine sheet. I doubt anybody besides you cares that much. If you actually finish it and want to upload it somewhere, you could always just name the artist or link back to the page you found the sheet somewhere. I wouldn't call it necessary if it's free but I'm sure they'd think it's a nice gesture.
>>
>>926832
amogus
>>
File: soundation.jpg (6 KB, 400x400)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I tried to make a techno song
https://voca.ro/19Db8Rz31w5x
>>
>>927055
Oops I thought I was in /mu/...
>>
File: 4.png (98 KB, 491x699)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
Trying to sculpt waifus bros... Currently at that stage where I'm just blindly following what I think I'm seeing, need to take a deeper look at anatomy on the weekend
>>
>>927082
yes you do, at least you are trying anon
>>
File: 02.jpg (231 KB, 2325x855)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>926759
Added a base, made some extra holes for the corals, merged the tentacles to the body, added some grunge to the tentacles.
>>
File: wip.png (282 KB, 1609x717)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
I'm making a modified version of the other model for a project of mine.
>>
>>927187
Move the irises closer to the middle of the face. More space on the inside of the eye than the outside makes it look crosseyed.
>>
File: 1645004669263.jpg (180 KB, 920x627)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
Does anyone know why after you have objects follow a path and then move the object it leaves blue constraint lines from where the origin of the objects were?
Pic related.
>>
File: relationship lines.png (37 KB, 346x455)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>927230
Those are possibly relationship lines? The objects you moved, are related to some objects that haven't moved. And the lines merely indicate that there's a relation between the two.
I'm not sure what program you're using. But in Blender, the option to toggle the lines on and off, is in pic related.
>>
>>927236
Ah that would make sense. I think I turned the selection and visibility off on the paths I used so now they've been left behind.
Thanks. I'll turn them off when I go back on Blender.
>>
File: FdRKjEx[1].png (397 KB, 783x801)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
Needed a prop
>>
>>926688
Update. Had to start over for a third time, but now I have more then half done. Need to work on Rat design now.
>>
File: Renegade_Energy.jpg (122 KB, 986x814)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>927365
Fogot image.
>>
File: wand.png (1.76 MB, 1171x797)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>927359
oh hey i made one of those before
>>
>>927390
absolutely loving these.
are you going for High poly PBR or lowpoly handpainted?
>>
>>927392
Nice, how'd you do the bump map for the neck? I figure it wouldn't really show up in the render anyways, but I couldn't think of a good way to do it procedurally.
>>
File: FfSDA1gVIAAiCNK[1].jpg (117 KB, 1302x1512)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>927379
This might be more of a preference thing, but I think you're focusing too much more on the fatty deposits vs. the edges that define certain areas. In 2d drawings you'd want to do that, but 3d bodies always looks better to me when they've got shaped flat planes breaking them up. Not my work, but take this one as an extreme example. Barely any focus on fleshy blobs within the silhouette, just a few flat planes (ribcage, knees/shins) and that's enough to give it all the appeal it needs.

It's an extreme example, like I said, and you could say it isn't your style, but in general I think finding ways to work in those flatter areas will help. Not just in terms of design, but in terms of making the mesh deform well once you're actually using it.
>>
>>927420
>post i'm replying to was baleeted
Oh. Well, I hope you stuck around to see my post anyways furry guy.
>>
>>927420
>>927421
Can you describe to me the image you saw?
>>
>>927428
rayman if he genderbent sexy furry and had legs
>>
File: Goldemroomwippp.png (3.9 MB, 2185x1589)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB PNG
>>926311
Some more progress, going to make props, a proper entrance/exit, some decals and some little parasitic creatures to make the environment feel less empty
>>
File: Golggataroth_.webm (2.9 MB, 1920x1080)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>927448
A test flytrough
>>
>>927449
Reminds me of the Mantorok room from Eternal Darkness. Doesn't really look that much like it to be honest. Just the overall circular design, with what looks like organic matter lining the walls, and the general feel that you're summoning an ancient god. And correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be an eye motif going on. Like the whole room is inside of one giant eye.(google an eye up close) And then the centerpiece is another eye, with the coffin acting as a slit pupil.
>>
>>927420
>>927421
>>927428
>>927432
https://warosu.org/3/thread/926268#p927379
I'm surprised /3/ even gets archived
>>
File: bake.png (187 KB, 604x449)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>927419
its just baked from a highpoly lol
>>
File: blender.png (116 KB, 690x486)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>927478
high poly in blender for reference
>>
File: kamina.png (1.71 MB, 2160x2160)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
kamina wip
>>
>>927489
nice
>>
>>927392
Did you make the I/O/II symbols? This kind of thing is hard for me to find without copyright, I always have to do it in photoshop and the result is never perfect, borders too defined or inconsistent, disproportionate and things like that.
>>
File: wand_switch.png (33 KB, 2048x2048)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>927492
> Did you make the I/O/II symbols?
yes lol, its not that hard to make, just a couple of lines in illustrator then import it as a mask in substance painter
>>
>>927469
You are pretty much spot on, this is the resting place of an elder god(the coffin and the spirit inside it) the eye motif wasn't intentional but it fits very well with the environment actually, going to push that a bit more in the future
>>
>>927489
very good
>>
File: consolidated.png (752 KB, 1576x934)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
>>926994
Currently consolidating a bunch of hulls from various projects into one file.
>>
File: Ear V2.png (582 KB, 1066x814)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
Ear version 2.0. I'm trying to make a clean base mesh ear. My first ear looked pretty much like an ear, but the topology was a little tangled with loops intersecting themselves. Ear V2 has improved topology. There are no self-intersecting loops this time. Though, I feel like it could be improved. For now, I'm just happy to have closed off all the gaps with clean loops.
Critique welcome.
>>
>>927420
WOW, looks like Fluffy_Keflar designs.
>>
>>927407
Was going to 3D print them off for ratman army.
>>
File: oh my fucking god.png (225 KB, 1346x791)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
I was making some janny props. Accidentally, I saw something no human eye should ever see.

It haunts you.
Everywhere you go.
And it won't stop, until you're dead.
>>
>>927543
those wet floor signs are looking a little conspicuous
>>
File: test3.png (2.04 MB, 1920x1080)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>926268
got sick of grinding pbr scenes and came back to psx again. i have no clue how light night scenes for psx other than pre baked lightning. liking it so far and just need to replay signalis again.
>>
>>927543
that's right, clean it up janny!
>>
>>927392
>>927359
Hey my sister has one of these for her back. Why are you guys making them?
>>
>>927561
looks more like a low rez monkey island or adventure games of the early 90s than anything from the PSX
>>
File: wip3.jpg (436 KB, 1024x1024)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>926701
Slow progress on my boy, orange parts are more or less how i want them, minus cables.
>>
>>927581
very cool anon
>>
File: 1560985862787.jpg (111 KB, 812x810)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>927489
if you share the model somewhere, pls share
>>
File: update2.jfif.jpg (187 KB, 1235x890)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>926752
This is looking amazing
>>
File: update1.jfif.jpg (175 KB, 1257x826)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>
File: Alchemist_002_dx2.gif (3.03 MB, 518x584)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB GIF
Made a lowpoly retro thing today. It has been ages since I've done something like this, so it didn't turn out quite like I had hoped for, but it was fun to try again.
>>
File: Alchemist_003_dx2.gif (3 MB, 518x584)
3 MB
3 MB GIF
>>927613
Without coat
>>
>>927613
looks very nice
could fit right into Legend of the Dragoon of final fantasy 8-9
>>
>>927613
>>927614
pretty sick, bro
>>
File: test4.png (1.77 MB, 1920x1080)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>927561
>>927577
yeah, you're right. other than the use of 256x and indexed colours there is no other implementation of psx. any thoughts on this?
>>
>>927634
maybe try projecting the texture of the moon onto a low resolution sphere?
other than that i dont have anything to add
>>
File: test8.png (1.68 MB, 1918x1078)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>927638
does the moongod look flat?
>>
>>927633
>>927622
Thanks!
>>
File: textures.png (821 KB, 1627x664)
821 KB
821 KB PNG
>>927510
Ironing out the texturing pipeline. This is just a diffuse and roughness map being displayed in a web GLB viewer.

>>927614
>>927613
>>927612
Very nice

>>927640
Looks sick with the red tint / glow.
>>
File: 9.png (195 KB, 603x778)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
Did some more heads over the weekend. Basically just rewatching the same 2 minutes of this indonesian zoomer sculptor's process videos
>>
>>927660
why are you watching some gimpy shit when you can watch the best in the world work:
https://b23.tv/lsMPCF4
>>
>>927660
Expression is very nice, now do the rest of the head anon
>>
>>926268
https://youtu.be/-WPNdsBNb1Y
Me and my frens finished this funy animation all origano in blender
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (163 KB, 947x968)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>926702
Some more progress. Trying out different toon shaders. I like how the hair turned out, but the body is fucking impossible because my topology is trash. I sorta like the plastic look honestly.
>>
File: Untitsssssled.jpg (130 KB, 841x953)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>927692
with toon shader
>>
>>926274
Hey, fellow Vtuber. Rookie 3d designer here. If you would be so kind, could you list the guides you used from scrap?

At least the first ones. I want to use mine for VRchat too, so I don't need to do holy job like you.
>>
>>927693
>it even shades like a bad mexican dA upload
SOVL
>>
>>926268
In this model the facial features are painted as textures right? If i want to make a similar low poly model with a facial rig what would you guys suggest? Something akin to megaman legends ? Anything else you guys can think of?
>>
File: rat_and_weapons.jpg (195 KB, 1558x759)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Spent the last 2 days working on Rat design. Also made the guns less tall so it gives them a longer appearance and look less toy like.

Not much to post.
>>
File: 217481076061.jpg (45 KB, 571x522)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
good morning sirs
>>
>>927737
thats just using a spritesheet that has all your facial expressions in a grid like layout and offsetting the uv with an animation
>>
File: first model.png (1.01 MB, 1920x1080)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>926268
this is the first model ive made
>>
Opinion on this Miku?
>>
File: 01.jpg (353 KB, 3564x896)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
Someone commented last model's pose was very static so I try something more dynamic feeling now.
>>
File: k.png (1.46 MB, 1920x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>926268
FAKE PRODUCT
i tink it needs a charging port
maybe a button
>>
File: 1667675411890.png (2.09 MB, 1534x868)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
I'm making a holy sword of holy proportions

>>927812
Very nice
>>
File: TandemPreview.png (575 KB, 2198x646)
575 KB
575 KB PNG
>>927643
Finally did some more unwrappan
>>
File: them.webm (554 KB, 1280x720)
554 KB
554 KB WEBM
>>927640
done with it
>>927780
you can keyframe uv maps? but switching between expressions wont look very smooth right? do you have any samples or examples?
>>
File: In-Game Hull.png (705 KB, 1277x565)
705 KB
705 KB PNG
>>927852
Vehicle exported to webgl.
>>
File: 9773113061.png (1.16 MB, 962x720)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>927854
Well, if you were going for a slightly more technically impressive Alone In The Dark look, then you've certainly achieved it.

I mean that not as an insult but in the best way possible.
>>
>>927640
Giant space anus
>>
File: file.png (453 KB, 1049x794)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
>>927420
Apologies for deleting the post anon.
The character in question is supposed to be a bit chubbier than usual and that's why I decided to focus on the more subcutaneous features to accentuate that. Not to say that I know how to balance the like but I totally understand your point.

Still WIP obv.
>>
>>927863
Initially i wanted to go for a psx look but ended up liking pixel art style more.
>>
>>927866
Truly the ultimate cosmic horror. The cosmic fart
>>
File: 10.png (212 KB, 593x793)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>927660
I just want to coom anon, anime timelapses are nice... thanks, I'll slowly work through this
>>927688
thanks anon I'm just speedrunning these so I nuke the file after I've capped them. I'll eventually get to other features once I get the hang of faces. Here's tonight's sketch, looking at monolids. Eyes are probably way too far apart
>>
>>927875
start using spheres for eyes so you get used to wrapping lids around them and placing them properly. best to get used to it early.
>>
File: faceblob11.png (324 KB, 2214x695)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>927876
I tried slamming spheres straight onto the base mesh and building round em for this one. I know there's meant to be 1 eye distance between eyes, is that for the eye as a sphere, or for the visible portion of the eye only? Getting some fishfaces here. Also need to take a look at how eyelids wrap around on 3/4, looks weirdly flat
>>
>>927889
push the lower orbit (bony bit below lid/top of cheek) outward and raise zygomatic/cheekbone
>>
File: file.png (74 KB, 474x384)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>927893
also this line that you're following; it doesn't exist.
zygomatic arch is a horizontal line from bottom of orbit to just above ear hole

recommend you watch this some time
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV12J411K7g2
>>
File: workshop props.png (281 KB, 972x735)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
Doing some workshop / garage props, nothing special but it's quite relaxing. I'm so fucking proud of that jerry can like you wouldn't believe
>>
File: Virmen_wip_003.jpg (2 MB, 7191x5078)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>>927739
Still hammering out a Ratman design. Looking at these proportions. Going to redo the guns at a later date. Found better reference art.
>>
>>927812
Anon, make sure you are not cooming too much. I did that and pretty much burnt out making waifu models.
>>
File: file.png (353 KB, 1216x804)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
show no mercy.

>>927420
a better shot because I'm a dumbass

>>927812
that was me, this is much better and absolutely lovely.
>>
>>927938
Biceps are way too large relative to triceps and her anterior deltoids are not there. Collarbone and traps are kind of hidden by fluff but I think they're out of place too. Aside from that it looks alright, though I think you might want to either add more ab definition or more fatty sag below the bellybutton.
>>
>>927925
Really cool anon
>>
>>927941
Thank you. Going to try out blocking technique I been watching.
>>
File: 1652213314978.png (1.23 MB, 660x2640)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>927839
I need a proper grip and more details on the guard but I'm happy with the shape.
>>
File: carsRhard.jpg (35 KB, 600x739)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>926881
well, I've been chipping at this for a while now.
I'm just about done with it I think.
idk. Kinda lost how to proceed or how to finish this.
>>
>>927973
nice
now model rally vincent to drive it
>>
File: file.png (301 KB, 708x806)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>927939
added more belly fat but i'll post that later when the outfit is done ig.

>>927973
niceeoo, for how long anon?
>>
>>927895
>>927889
I don't know what it is but something is off in these faces. I liked the first ones you posted better tho.

>>927869
>>927938
>>927992
I'm liking the body but the face is a bit harsh

>>927973
Very nice. Of the times I tried I never could get a smooth surface

>>927925
>>927739
I'm really liking the proportions. It's kind of cute

>>927898
Looks cool. I'm guessing you will work on highres versions? otherwise why leave the normals so round

>>927692
>>927693
The lips are sticking too much. I guess cell shading would make it less apparent. Hands are weird. Too pointy fingers.

>>927793
Face looks bad. Body is ok. I think anime faces are flatter with not much definition to the lips. Look at anime statues.

>>927812
I'm not liking that pose very much, specially those 'tails'. Model looks great tho.

>>927852
>>927856
Didn't like it much at first but these last images have changed my mind.
>>
>>927994
>I'm guessing you will work on highres versions?
Nah fuck that lol, just gonna run Materialize on some image textures and be done with it, I don't like to spend hours on a single prop, especially considering I'm pumping out like 10 models a day of these sort of little items, if I used the high poly > bake workflow I would never see the end of it. And besides, these are low-mid poly items the player will hardly stop to admire, no point going that high quality for this kind of project
>Looks cool.
Thanks bro, 'preciate
>>
>>927990
Lel, I was listening to gunsmiths op when I was doing this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7HPyUcy37I
>>927992
On and off it for like a few weeks I think. First time with a car. Did not expect it to be this hard desu
>>927994
Me neither, I posted about it last thread asking about the topology. Removing and adding edges again seem to help a lot tho idk
>>
>>927895
o nice, thanks anon that's really handy. Just got absolutely mogged in the first 5 minutes doing that skull from memory exercise
>>
File: grunt pics.png (603 KB, 1448x625)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>927994
>Didn't like it much at first but these last images have changed my mind.
Thanks anon, my stuff isn't particularly sophisticated.
Current WIP.
>>
>>928020
Those surface reflections look very aesthetic anon
>>
>>927994
Yeah the lips look kinda weird. The hands are supposed to be like "monster claws" or something. thanks for feedback tho
>>
>>927610
Z Z Z БAЗИPOBAHO Z Z Z
>>
>>927869
how many times are you going to make this exact same mesh lol
>>
>>928020
Loving the design here
>>
>>927992
how much more belly fat? Are you sure you're adding enough?
>>
File: l.jpg (107 KB, 1030x795)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
He's a nice man
>>
>>928352
Awesome job! I love it.
>>
>>928352
>r*d matcap
I hate it...
>>
>>928352
Really cool although I think the boundary between the hair and face should be much sharper
>>
File: untitled.png (700 KB, 1024x720)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
am i gonna make it
>>
>>928402
Yes
>>
File: mspainterly flash.png (2.01 MB, 1282x999)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>928020
Currently working on something else, trying to make MSPaint style skyboxes and working out a workflow for it.

>>928024
>>928128
Thanks anons.
>>
Abdomen enters the room in her stars and stripes onesie, producing a silver platter of colored vials, each labeled with the face of a great NASCAR driver from the golden age, the Earnhardt years. Plantatia squats close to the floor in the perfect balance between yoga pose, and tactical battle-stance.
Abdomen nods.
"When I was born, I had a vision. George Washington was there, and he was my father. He would pour milk on the ground and say, 'Surely by now all this milk must be spoiled!' Plantatia, we will drink these poisons that were sold to me at fair market value by a trusted e-friend. We will imbibe this putrid mess and we will micturate into the public water supply. Our bodies will be life taking amphoras of heinous fluid."
Plantatia stares at the vials intently, careful not to look Abdomen in the eyes.
"I would like the Jeff Gordon one."
>>
File: wip6.jpg (418 KB, 1024x1024)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
Got me legs, a battery backpack and clamp mechanisms for attaching things. All that's left is the eyes and head itself.
>>928352
Very nice
>>928457
santiago
>>
>>928352
my man
>>
File: metal thingasdf.png (1.01 MB, 1280x720)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
ooooo metal thing
>>
File: kira.png (898 KB, 600x821)
898 KB
898 KB PNG
>>928600
>>
>>928402
ask again after you add toes
>>
>>928618
or slap on a sock texture
>>
File: todaybrogress.png (1.71 MB, 1425x998)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>928441
Todays progress
>>
>>928640
im in love

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.