[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: library project.png (260 KB, 743x464)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
So i know 99% of the board is more interested in modelling catgirls and donuts but i wonder if there's enough people here doing archviz to warrant a general.

So archbros:
>whatcha modelling
>whatcha rendering
>whatcha designing
>what software ya using and what software is SHIT

here is a project im working on for a public library. model's just getting started.
>>
File: 8.jpg (19 KB, 421x421)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>918693
using rhino btw because sketchup is SHIT SHIT SHIT
>>
>>918694
i luv rhino
>>
File: rhino.png (75 KB, 511x352)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>918738
>sketchuds could never
>>
File: Scn 23.jpg (887 KB, 5120x1080)
887 KB
887 KB JPG
>>918693

Yeah finally an archviz thread.

>whatcha modelling

Mostly social housing projects for my third world country shithole. 10% Of the time I model chairs.
Currently on 2 social housing projects, and urban plan and other little projects.

>whatcha rendering

Rendering finals on this proyect and waiting for approval to make v3 of another one.

>whatcha designing

Currently designing my mother's apartment as an architect in archicad. The sad thing is I never get the time to make renders for my own personal projects.

I mostly use 3ds max, heck I even had developed many utilities for it and I think I have the authority and 15 years of experience to say that is is a shit puke vomit software BUT a necessary evil for industry experts. All my clients speak autodesk so there you go. Americans use the imperial system so compared to that I'm better off.

So I use max and max is shit. I love and hate the little bastard. But mostly indiferent. It's just a tool yunno.

>Why 4chan and not cgarchitect?

Fuck forums at least here I can say shit shity fuck cuck fuck and no one flinches.

>here is a project im working on for a public library. model's just getting started.

Nice one anon. Just tell me if you need something or critique or sum shit.
>>
> Watcha modeling
Revit hates modeling
> Rendering
Lighting calculations
> Designing
Electrical and lighting systems for a bunch of projects
> Software
Revit is the best for MEP and Arch coordination, but holy hell does its renderer suck. Damn thing doesn't have bounce lighting or global illumination. I hate having to switch out to something else to see a decent look at the project.

Hopefully the One Graphics System with something that's newer 2005 is coming sooner than valve time.
>>
>>918693
I'd love a more permanent archvi general

>
>>918693

>whatcha rendering
Stills of a large resort expansion getting planned
Can't share pics of this one but I'll post others when I'm home, hope this general lasts because there's few places iv found to talk about archvis stuff beyond Facebook groups which are full of boomers.
Sketchup & twinmotion, I hate revit.
>>
>>918805
>Designing shit for family

Noooooo bro what are you doing
>>
Do you guys usually model how a building will roughly look like when finished, or is your job more precise, inch by inch wall placement according to floor plans?
>>
>>918830
Early concept renders will focus more on the structure, silhouettes and how it looks in location. But all real models are done from the ground up with cad plans.
>>
File: ttsst.jpg (3.93 MB, 5120x5120)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB JPG
>>918822
>I hate having to switch out to something else to see a decent look at the project.

Welcome to the monarchy of cad software.

>>918827
Yeah. I know the good this I have a very strong character and I always get my way. And it's for my mum I mean it's torture but c'mon.

>>918830
It depends. My models end up being more precise than some revit models on interior designs just because the client actually wants to see the stickers on the open ceiling air conditioning system so yeah. Archviz sometimes has to handle idiotic levels of detail.
>>
>>918841
Nice job on the apt curtains, how'd you do that?
>>
File: Image6.png (2.78 MB, 1920x1080)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
seems like a lot of yall have been on the industry for quite a while.
any advice for a lowly arch student? or just any input about what the field is like?
>>
File: 2022-09-20 12-21-40(2).webm (2.85 MB, 1280x720)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>918875
It's a little script I made a while ago that takes the transformation of the window objects and randomly models a low poly curtain using the dimensions of each window. You can alter the probability and offset of the curtains. I've always wanted to develop it more but it is my clients don't notice if I make it more user friendly or robust so apply the Pareto principle when it comes to work.

>>918901
Run away! No jk. Study photography, it doesn't matter if you use skp, rhino 3ds max, watercolors, oil on canvas If you don't know how to compose, color and light an image so I always advice to study the real deal. The field is full of newcomers, heck even I consider myself pretty old school 8 years into archviz even I can't keep up with all the new shit and techniques but you'd be surpised how many "gurus" don't know the basics.
>>
>>918913
Fantastic dude
>>
Portfolio question. How do I show off stuff in my portfolio that shows all the planning/concepting/revisions/optimal locations stuff I do for signage (hours and hours of stuff) that in the end is usually presented in ppts to clients but would look silly on a website showing screencaps of PowerPoints?
>>
I'm gonna start using clarisse because fuck proxies and point clouds. Or unreal.
>>
>>918941

Good for you. Do you want a medal or something?
>>
>>918913
damn that was awesome
what program is that?
>>
>>918941
QUID PRO QUO CLARISSE
>>
>>918945

Autodesk 3ds max 2022
>>
>>918947
lol no wonder i didnt recognize it at all!
imma rhino guy
could prolly grasshopper up something similar i suppose
super good work
>>
>>918913
that script is seriously sick like the other have said.

about the photography thing, do u recommend going to like, a photography class? or just read a good book about the subject? if so which, id really prefer not to go to any photography classes as here it's usually just something bored mom's go to.
>>
>>918958
he means study art, generally, and know how to make a god picture / to compose a shot, how color works etc etc.
art matters
>>
>>918958
>>918973

Yep. My words exactly. It's not bound to photography.
>>
>>918981
iirc guys like this

https://www.kcrw.com/news/shows/press-play-with-madeleine-brand/el-chapo-captured-porter-ranch-disaster-update-and-friday-film/eastern-european-cinematographers

like vilmos

all studied painting before they got behind a camera
>>
>>918982
>https://www.kcrw.com/news/shows/press-play-with-madeleine-brand/el-chapo-captured-porter-ranch-disaster-update-and-friday-film/eastern-european-cinematographers

Fuck yes. Deliverance is a beautiful film
>>
File: W.RF1.jpg (1.25 MB, 3840x2160)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>918693

>whatcha modelling
Revit modelling residential projects.

>whatcha rendering
Early stage concept, rendered in Lumion. Simple shots until the building form is right.

>whatcha designing
Rather cool houses.

Lumion is pretty bad. Making the change to 3ds & Corona soon.
>>
>>919147
Nice bro
Don't forget to rotate those bushes on the right side tho
>>
what percentage of the models in your renders are:
a. modelled by you
b. pirated

what percentage of materials in your renders are:
a. created by you
b. substance source
c. megascans
d. other
>>
>>919157
All modeled by me/studio

40% SS, 30% created by me, 5% megascans and 25% other
>>
>>919158
>All modelled by me/studio
incl foliage, props, hoomans etc?
>>
>>919159
No, but they are not pirated. We have archvis packs and use twinmotion for larger urban developments
>>
>>919147
is corona actually good? i thought it was just some meme they were paying youtubers to shill
>>
>>918841
Beautiful shit anon. Good job.
>>
File: 01 Fachada Occidental low.jpg (3.38 MB, 3840x5120)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB JPG
>>919147
Le nice. Yeah vary those right side plants. I would let some dirt creep up those immaculate white walls but some clients hate grunge so it's ok if no.

>>919157
It depends on the project. For personal projects I model and create 100% of the models and textures, even greenery.

I had a studio with employees and shit but got tired of managing and not creating so I can account for myself.

For a client sketch like this. Cars, people, greenery and retail interior objects come from packs. Architecture, fixtures, furniture and office objects are all modeled by me for optimization purposes.

Textures mostly come from packs but all shaders are mine cuz how the fuck would even dare to use a foreign shader without testing its impact on rendering.

Hero textures and backgrounds like the sidewalk and road are taken from drone shots.

>>919161
Yeah modelling trees cars and people for arch-viz seems absurd unless you really need something specific. Many archviz artists can't model for shit.I had a former partner that made godlike rendering but couldn't model a basic chair. At least I am able to model a decent vehicle, any piece of furniture and some organic stuff like trees and animals.

>>919192
No it's a serious production oriented render engine. It's good for its price and community, a lot of resources and support from them so it's the best for production because you won't get stuck in some obscure bottleneck.

If you are not worried about licensing and/or render times then I would suggest Maxwell, it is and will always be my favorite but it is not fit for my day to day workflow.
>>
>>919197
Thanks well you'd be surprised how shit this project really is.

I like to think my job is to take social housing and make it look like 5 stars.
>>
File: file.png (717 KB, 1345x762)
717 KB
717 KB PNG
>whatcha modelling
Just some personal shit right now.
>whatcha rendering
Nothing at the moment.
>whatcha designing
Mostly comercial buildings, because fuck working with homes.
I'm using max and its shit. Trying out Blender because I just hate subscription models, but I'm afraid I have been using max for too long now and changing will be annoying.

Wondering if Unreal is worth it, anyone here tried it?
>>
Look. It's 90% asphalt and building in a sea of similar projects.

At least this is just a sketch for an urban devellopment and the client was willing to at least make some variance in the buildings and allow tall greenery. Final renders I guarantee will look rather dull with no trees, no bushes (commercial purposes) and homegenous facades because of costs.

Yeah it's sad but it's social housing.
>>
>>919205
I've done a project for a shopping center a while ago and the client asked me to remove pretty much all plants higher than a foot because it would obstruct the view. Absolut morons.
>>
>>919206

I feel you bro, my country is so shit that I've had a client make me remove all plants from balconies because the slab was not rated to support more than 200kilos per sq mt. I stopped working with them but the surprising thing is that they where within construction codes!

Heck I even remember a fight with a client that asked me to put for chairs and a table in a 1x1.2 mt balcony so "people would feel they could do that in their shitty apartment" I obviously abandoned the project cuz I would not participate in that fraud.
>>
>>919203
I get it, I work in similar projects. If you don't mind, I would love to take a look at the floor plan.
>>
>>919214
Nope sorry the plan is confidential information from my client but I can share the rendered floorplan since I still own the distribution rights of these images until they pay me.
>>
how do i get into architectural design?
i'm reasonably competent at modelling, but i'm such an architectural philistine that i've spent all day unsuccessfully looking for commieblock blueprints (i.e. elevations, not just floorplans) because i'm not creative enough to come up with my own design for a box with a few balconies and staircases stuck on.
>>
>>919257
Speaking from experience, it will be hard to get a job as an architect without a degree and depending on where you are based, knowledge of local building codes.
That said, anyone can get into the visualisation side of things.
If you want to practice, the good way to get floorplans is going to websites of apartment buildings. Then you can practice building up from those yourself, usually they are detailed enough. Choose one near you and you can go and see how it looks irl too for comparison.
>>
>>919257
>>919261
For example I just googled new apartments Miami because I assumed your a mutt and this one was at the top of a list
Then search that apartment and if they are in development they will almost always have floorplans because they are trying to get buyers for the rooms.

>https://ciprianiresidences.miami/floor-plans
>>
>>919268
Houses, hotels and resorts are harder. Real estate sites will sometimes develop fresh floorplans when trying to sell nice houses as will development companies making larger gated community housing in which many of them are similar.
>>
>>918693
>watcha modelling
I model and create construction drawings for residential homes for a homebuilder
>whatcha rendering
Nothing at the moment, but my company used to outsource rendering for marketing material, now we can do a little in house stuff because 3DS Max comes with our licenses.
>watcha designing
I'll be honest it was kinda beat over my head in school that draftsmen can't be designers so nothing, I guess
I use Revit, just starting to learn 3DS Max. I'm too green in this industry to know whats shit.
>>
>>919336
frank lloyd wright started as Sullivans draftsman

really depends on what you try to achieve
>>
File: spunchbob.jpg (2.05 MB, 8000x3200)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
do i need a super gaming computer and pay for the softwares to make awesome sized models and renders like you guys :(
>>
>>919669
You know the answer.
>>
>>919669
When I upgraded from a 960 to a 2070 a few years ago the change in productivity is huge. Just being able to shit out way more renders at near production quality quickly to find optimal views and mistakes is so beneficial.
>>
>whatcha rendering
attempting to rework some things for my portfolio, been cutting my teeth on archviz stuff for about a year now but I'm not sure how to step up my renders. Currently they seem too clean and cheap looking
>what software
Mostly just Rhino & Vray, in the past I used a Rhino to Revit pipeline but recently I couldn't get Revit LT to import .sat files, really seems like Revit LT is pretty shit. Am I a brainlet for not being able to pirate Revit?
>>
File: Test 11.jpg (1.28 MB, 3240x2160)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>919257
Try it out. You don't need cad software just a pen and paper. Here's a full design and rendering process of a small apartment I did a while back for a dude in WIP who had difficulty designing and rendering architecture. It was made on a remote desktop so the clicks sometimes miss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZoJNoMv_0
>>
>>919773
Watch out on that brick texture. It has seam displacement artifacts and does not start correctly on the floor. Materials lack overall reflectivity so the space lack color bleeding on the concrete and occlusion. The camera is oddly focused on a non conventional angle and the ceiling mesh abruptly ends at the leftside image. Archviz is in the details and thisi mage lacks details. Don't worry it just needs work it is definitely a good start.
>>
>>919781
looking at your work I can see what you mean, thanks for the good advice. Would that require further tweaking in the material properties or is is it possible to fix the lack of reflectivity in Vrays lighting properties? I'm pretty green when it comes to renderers
>>
>>919787

All dielectric (non metallic) materials have some kind of specular reflection and it's intensity and glossiness depend on the overall microscopic and macroscopic roughness and angle of reflection.

Make this mental exercise:

If you look ant asphalt downwards it looks pretty dull and non reflective because it is a very rough and dark material.

Now look at the same asphalt on a sunset form a very low angle and it will look like a very blurred mirror but it will take on the color of the sky, it will seep light and become very bright.

This little detail is from my experience the very basis of realistic materials. That is why I always test my shaders with 2 distinct light conditions 1. Direc sunlight 2. An artificial light from a shallow angle.

If you are using vray for Rhino you may want to up the glossiness to a higher value. In fact a perfect dielectric material is a 1.0 glossy material with a very rough surface and a low IOR Search for the term Dorodango and you'll see what I mean.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/BSDF05_800.png
>>
>>919790
Yeah Reddit spacing I know fuck off.
>>
>>919790
So that's what BRDF means, excellent stuff thanks again based chair anon
>>
>>919237
Makes sense, thanks tho.
>>
>>919884
I can give you plans for another project. What fo you want? Residential, high rise, retail, office?
>>
File: Room.jpg (2.61 MB, 2738x2080)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
>>919902
Residential would be great. Thanks again.
>>
File: rio 379.png (550 KB, 1033x741)
550 KB
550 KB PNG
>>919918
Here you go anon yc6mrx7w
Those are plans for a pretty cool residential building. The one that has _3d in it is a simplified version without annotations.
As for your image I like it, pretty nice, make sure to calibrate the exposure of that background because at normal exposure it would be brighter, also make sure to fix the aliasing on the glass table if you are using cycles I think it's fixed using a softer image filter.
>>
File: rio 380.png (8 KB, 403x221)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>919922
btw
>>
File: Another Angle.jpg (2.35 MB, 2738x2080)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>919922
Thanks chair nerd, I like it and thanks for the tip, I've been photographing more and noticing this details better now, this is an old render where I was trying Max + Corona
>>
File: 1643414853416.jpg (95 KB, 297x374)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Is D5 any good. I'm thinking about switching over from lumion. Also what's a good place to [spoiler] pirate [/spoiler] PBR textures?
>>
File: 01-pirlanes-alumina.jpg (27 KB, 548x450)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>919927
No problem anon. That render is actually very good. I like it. Don't forget the transition profile from kitchen floor to wood flooring and something tells me that bike is out of scale or made for dutch giants.
I can tell you that those profiles are the kind dets that architects focus on.
>>
>>919938
Duh now I realise the bike is hanging.
>>
>>919938
Good call, that is one I have missed.
>>
>>919773
Here is a very nice, several hours long rendering course for vray+rhino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PLfti43TV4
>>
>>920030
This a good quality course thanks anon
>>
>>919773
ouch this need some real photoshop love

get your verticals vertical, fix your city - yu need to be a cinematographer not a drunk tourists takin snaps
>>
>>919918
nice render but damn this room is unrealistic cant sit or walk anywhere
>>
>>919938
thats a cheap detail frankly and not worth the trouble rendering - unless you need it fr truth in marketing purpose

>>919927
you can make a quality render - but these spaces have no sense of scale and are pretty bad (for real no offense - they just really really need help)
>>
>>918938
I would take a page of my portfolio and make a grid like structure but have each different item as a different grid.

Portfolios don't matter as much as being able to clearly explain/show your work. They want to know if you use what they use and if you understand how to do the job. Anything else is a bonus

t. Five year archi in UK
>>
>>919930
textures.com or polyhaven.

Also use twinmotion - not as good but almost industry standard now
>>
>>920702
Twinmotion is leading for large exterior developments for sure, which is what I use it for, but lumion still beats it for more detailed interior shots.
>>
>>920704
100% agree. I think Twinmotion is super lacking in areas, but the fact that most computers can run it and an entry grade graphics card can ray trace a decent render - it wins.

Lumions and D5 can produce tons better but would probably destroy any of my places workstations
>>
>>920709
I haven't heard of D5 desu
Give me a quick rundown
>>
>>920711
It was the first [?] real time arch viz ray traching package but then twinmotion came out with ray tracing literally 3-4months afterwards, I think it was free but then had a pro which had models (that twin then copied?)

https://www.youtube.com/XGSRATwatch?v=NuB_paFVgeg
>>
>>920712
Idk if TM is paid now but iv had it for free since I was an early adopter I think.. been using it since tm 2016
>>
>>920712
I looked at D5 a couple months ago. It's good... but... It doesn't really offer anything new other than what everyone else is doing.
>>
>>918913
Any chance you could share that script, friendo?
>>
Yes but show me a render of yours or a screenshot with >>920810 and I'll gladly post it. Contribute to the thread.
>>
>>920825
Based answer
>>
File: Scn 26.png (1.39 MB, 2560x1080)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>920826
>>920825

Talking about contributing I just ripped a laminate manufacturer's webpage so I got to download 100 distinct laminate wood textures. Previews are made in CoronaRender They are fairly good at 4800px x 2400px with no light baked. They are not seamless but laminate wood isn't either.
Enjoy /3/. 3SxgcYx
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (754 KB, 1384x774)
754 KB
754 KB JPG
>>920825
Fair enough, look at this sad curtain-less building.
>>
>>920893
Well done anon. Cheers.
Beware! This script is literal shit. It is not in any way implementation ready, save yo file before running oh lawd.
It is better to select the window objects first and then run the sript. If you have any questions fell free to askthem.

https://github.com/EX3D/DankCurtainMaker/blob/main/Script.ms
>>
>>920919

This was made in an afternoon. I never wrote the part for material id discrimination so I suggest you use open loop poly selection and then change that selection to polygons so you can discriminate between rods and curtains.
>>
>>920919
>>920920
>>920920
>>920893
Incredibly based, thank you.
I tried running it but get this error, maybe I'm doing something wrong
>Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined
>Line number: 389
>>
>>920929

Don't worry What version of max are you running?
>>
>>920929
>>920932

Fixed. It was calling a nonexistent fucntion called offseter() download from the same link.
>>
>>920933
>>920933
Sweet, thank you again! It runs but doesn't create the dialogue box.
Just to make sure, I select any number of window volumes (not planes) and then run the thing, right?
Also gotta say that the name "cortinificador" is just perfect.
>>
>>920942
>It runs but doesn't create the dialogue box.
Tell me more.
>Just to make sure, I select any number of window volumes (not planes) and then run the thing, right?
In theory yes. What issues are you having. I'm curious now.
>>
>>920943
Well there are no issues really, it runs with no problems, but once it runs it creates a bunch of different planes for blinds, curtains, etc. But no fancy dialogue window like what appeared on your webm.
>>
>>921002
Oh I see change the last line of the dialogue
"createDialog DankLowResCurtainMaker pos:[1990,200]" this sets the coordinates of the dialogue. It's position is set to x=1990 so its higher than hd screens
If I would write a more decent script I would account for smaller screens and dual screen setups Then Hit the "Process Button".
>>
>>921004
The last line of the script I meant
>>
>>921004
>>921005
Yes! That was it, it's working perfectly. Thanks a lot dude.
>>
>>921006
Good. Tell me if you have any issues. If you find it cool I may feel compelled to make a more stable version of it.
>>
>>921008
No issues so far! And you have something very cool here, you could definitely make some decent money if you polish it and sell it.
>>
creator.trimble.com/

Sketchup has node based modeling now
Revit is cancelled

>Only available in web browser
>Can't change parameters inside skp without being connected to internet

Unironically what were they thinking
>>
god i hate sketchup
>>
Does anyone have any insight on how twinmotion will be integrated into Revit? The keynote mentioned it but just kind of left it there. Im curious to see if it’s better than enscape.
>>
>>921028
I thought Revit already had a TM plugin like skp does
>>
Do you guys work freelance? What are the best sites to search for freelance archviz jobs? I already know is freelancer.com sucks major dick
>>
>>921076
Don't. I have the trick for you. 1.Build a decent portfolio, website and a nice presentation. 2. Practice your pitch. What are the advantages of your services as an archviz. 3. Build a pricing structure to prepare for commisions and contracts. 4.Search for architecture, construction and design firms in your area and ask for a quick meeting and or the opportunity to talk with the peraon in charge of proyect sales and or marketing. 5.Profit. This is not how you do archviz, thia is how you start ANY services business. I still can't believe people rely on noobtraps like freelancer.com. BE YOUR OWN INTERMEDIARY. Dude I literally work for 3 of the 10 biggest construction firms in my country. The only people who look for providers on those pages are cheap bastards, the clients that are worth something don't search for providers they expect to be contacted. Search in google for the story of Accuracy International.
>>
>>921095
Well I live in a shithole country, so even the payments from cheap fucks on freelancing sites are still pretty decent for the living costs here.
I will still take your advise tough and try to find clients on my own first.
>>
>>921100
Lets compare shitholes. Mine has a poverty rate of 39% and the 4th highest corporate tax in the world. You can't get more shitty than that.
>>
what's a good idiot-proof program to create 3d custom model of rooms and houses? I wanna make minimalist houses like those in japan.

I use linux or might use vm if it's lightweight.
>>
>>921100
I never considered my job about making a living its about starting a business. Do you want to live on a job to job basis? How about opening yourself to the opportunity of working for the big leagues. Every shithole has a constrctuon industry at least unless you live in Vebezuel, cuba or some shit like that.
>>921108
Trimble Skp
>>
>>921103
Ok, you win, not by much but the shithole trophy is yours. Congratulations.
>>921110
I work at a small company and pay is pretty bad so I was thinking of going my own way. From what I've seen bigger companies here just hire freelancers anyways. So if I'm going to freelance might as well try to aim for clients abroad.
>>
Thoughts on IG for portfolio use?
Rn, I use IG quite a lot but only for talking to a handful of specific friends and I follow a bunch of relevant 3d related tags.
So I only have people I know kinda well followed and following me at the moment, I think it's like 60/50.
I have a fair few posts but it's random stuff, nothing 'offensive' but it is under my real name.
Should I start adding past shit iv made to the IG, even just flood it with shit iv done that looks good and turn it into a more professional IG or make a new one entirely?
How do I even go about getting legit followers on IG? Just making sure I tag my work?

My current idea is either flood my existing IG with stuff, it's probably gonna be 15-20 posts some with multiple images and relevant tags OR; Make a new IG and follow a bunch of archvis stuff then make just one new post every day or so of my content with proper tags.

Idk, I suck at social media.
What brought this on was getting invited a party with a family member who is tangentially in the Industry and being introduced to a bunch of people who all asked for my IG to see my stuff, they weren't put off when I gave my Behance instead but it was clear they all use IG as the primary. Was a bit of a surprise to me. I work/have worked at the same company for 4 years tho and they are all mostly freelance/contract though some are clearly more talented from looking at their shit.
>>
>>920893
what image viewer is that
thanks
>>
>>919779
Who the fuck has their computer set up like this?

Otherwise, looks cozy AF
>>
>>918694
>sketchup is shit
4 u.
>>
>>921166
ImageGlass.
>>
Good to see arc-bros better more attention on this board. I remember posting my uni stuff years ago here and it getting basically no replies :(

>whatcha modelling
Whatever the boss tells me to. New project almost every week. Just finished a rooftop render from a penthouse in London.

>whatcha designing
Don't do much designing, and will be surprised if any other arc-bros do. Designing is usually left to the client, with you filling in the gaps.
Max 2023. But I've used most 3d software you'd expect for arcvis. Honestly not much different. If you make nice renders it's going to max, in-house or fast: rhino, 3rd world: twin motion or other 'game' engines.

Sorry, can't post work, or risk doxing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.