[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Previous thread >>902981
/QTDDTOTT/: Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread.
>>
I need help with 3ds max unwrapping.
version 2023
I made video with problem I have. Whenever I unwrap something, polygons close to the border of uv island dissapear from UV editor. They appear in uv editor when I select them in 3d view, or when I select whole uv island with select element option.
The problem is shown from 2:05 of that video. (before its how I unwrapped from start)
pls help 3dsmax bro out.
https://streamable.com/ut09cm
>>
File: egg.png (168 KB, 567x542)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
3dprintfag here, why the fuck do my spheres all end up as eggs when I try to make balljoints? I have turned ratio on, and off when resizing.
>>
>>911093
resize using the one yellow square in the middle of gizmo
>>
>>911096
Won't that blow some of my measurements? I measured the pre-existing ball, and am using the sphere3d as the bolean to make a socket. When I use scalemaster, even with the ratio button turned off, it keeps changing one of my measurements.
>>
>>911105
sorry I missed the printing part, nvm
>>
>>911073
I’ve been making a model for a small game some friends and I are working on, and I’m at a weird point. I’m trying to symmetrize the rig, but I realized I needed to apply the mirror modifyer first. But if I do that, it’ll make texturing take twice as long, and I don’t know if doing texturing before rigging is a smart idea. What order should I do this in?
>>
File: 1652309946631.jpg (256 KB, 774x1313)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
I'm doing a project for CGcookie and have to make a low-poly room, but I'm having some trouble making pillows for a bed. I've tried a few things, but here's my current process.
>Make a plane and subdivide it
>In edit mode, raise it up slightly, then mirror it and use clipping
>Join the outer vertices together and raise up the center with proportional editing
>Scale vertically
It's not terrible, but the edges are sharp. The corners were also giving me a weird effect, so I tried removing them.
Is there a better way to make a pillow, or improve my process?
>>
>>911122
rig first and texture after
if you find issues in topology while rigging, they can easily be fixed without fucking up uvs and making you have to redo texturing constantly
>>
>>911149
Marvelous designer.
>>
>>911165
Thanks m8
>>
In Blender when I set the grease pencil to draw on surfaces everything works like it’s supposed to, but when I try and fill the line art, if it’s still set to surface it will seemingly just fill it in a random place in space instead of in my lines. I’ve found a workaround for it but I’m not super happy with it and would rather my fills just work on surfaces. Does anyone have any idea why it’s doing this and a potential fix?

I’ve tried making the offset a little higher as I was thinking maybe the fill was getting lost in the mesh, but nope, it’ll just appear super far off into the distance.
>>
>>911149
>Scale vertically
Sorry, I meant horizontally. I also shade smooth.
>>911166
Any tips for doing it in Blender?
>>
File: FYxEltAUYAAiJ5N[1].jpg (506 KB, 2894x2800)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
I want to model these guns but have no idea how, brand new to 3dcg, only know basic extrude, bevel and loop cut, and SubD Surface.
What extra tools do I need to know to bring these beauties into life other than what I'm learning?
>>
>>911188
If you are that new, I would advise that you set your goals for something less advanced.

Here is what I would advise

Learn the very basics of 3D. Learn how to UV unwrap and texturing. If you are wanting to make a render of the gun so you can show it off, I would start learning the basics in lighting and compositing.

Get familiar with your tools. This means the difference between spending five minutes on a task vs an entire hour. If you are using blender, learn what every modifier does. Learn hotkeys. Utilize the hotbar.

Learn the basics in topology, and steer away from the dogma of only using quads. This is not to say that using quads is not important, but there are situations where quads are not required and trying to maintain quads can even fuck up your model.

Learn different techniques and approaches from watching tutorials. If you really do want to model something like this, then at least start with something simple like the grip or the mag
>>
>>911193
This is exactly the reply I was hoping for, thank you very much.
Very brief and helpful to guide me to manageable goals first.
I'll take that last advice to heart and I know exactly how, I didn't really want to, but I'm going to practice with real gun parts first.
I'm a tarkov player so I pretty much know all gun parts names by heart, going to check their official websites and try to model some Pistol grips, Handguards, Stocks, Foregrips and etc.
>>
>>911202
Not him but I'm glad that helped. To add to what he's saying, if you're learning Blender, then learning the hotkeys will help speed up your workflow. I've used CG Cookie to learn, and their tutorial series on youtube may be a good place to start. Watch a few videos and see what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3GeP3YLZn5ixsnIOIx9tB4v6s-rsw48X
>>
>>911205
This
>>911202
Hotkeys are VERY useful. You will cut down hours if you learn them

Another thing I recommend is eventually learning how to bake normal maps on low poly meshes. This is extremely important if you want to make game assets that have a more realistic look while keeping them out of a high poly count. It will be tough as there are many nuances to making good normal maps, and I’m absolutely terrible at it, but im learning and I know it’s a process. It isn’t required but it’s definitely something to think about

I also recommend you looking into different softwares. Don’t do what I did and buy a lifetime subscription to Zbrush, but definitely look into trying free trials like fusion360 or Substance painter. CAD softwares like Fusion360 will not, to my knowledge, be able to give you practical usable mesh models, but you can definitely retopologize them or even use them as a base model to recreate. Substance painter is useful for making normal maps. Don’t use blender to bake normal maps; it sucks ass
>>
>>911206
>a lifetime subscription to Zbrush
You might want to consider that sooner than you think.
>>
>>911206
>>911205
Believe it or not I am instinctively learning hotkeys, whenever I try smt new and it has a shortcut prompt to it I right it down for later, So yeah I'll catch up to it quick.

Thanks for the extra tips and resources, will check it all up in time, I already have academic license for Zbrush and Maya, just going through blender first
>>
>>911073
rec some anatomy/sculpture tutorials in zbrush
>>
https://web.archive.org/web/20220526183432/https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/106165/sculpting-is-it-possible-to-keep-base-mesh-vertices-in-place-while-subdividing

I have the same question as this guy (the stackexchange people didn't provide a good answer)
>>
File: construction lines.png (370 KB, 891x624)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
I like how certain objects look in edit mode, with those construction lines. How would I replicate that look in the object, so I can export it to unity? I tried insetting all faces but it wasnt quite good. Or should I use a shader in unity or something? One that applies only to certain objects? I dont want those construction lines in everything.
>>
>>911283
First solution which comes to mind would be to export your UV layout and use that as an overlay on your diffuse color
>>
I have some normal maps that I found online, I tried using them but lights appear as if they are 90 degrees off, I heard online that there are two types of normal maps, is there a simple tool for converting z-type normal maps to y-type normal maps?
>>
File: blender_p3nCI5BwBi.png (79 KB, 526x469)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Looks bad- I'd try and find a way to do it in Shader
>>
How do I mirror vertices around a local point in Blender?
>>
I need help regarding art direction and assets, I want to render models, buildings, like Tatami Galaxy, bright colors, simple, cel shading and strong shadows.
Can I do low poly buildings for that? Would it be texture painting or a shader?
>>
File: star.jpg (8 KB, 183x185)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
I'm kind of stuck on this - how to create the rounded sides of the star (poly modeling)? I can make a star from a cylinder, but I don't want the sides to be flat.
>>
What do you do when you're waiting for a client to reply to you regarding and issue and you cant work on the project in the meanwhile because he could say any number of things and it could be days before he responds to you?
>>
>>911378
Sounds like a pain in the arse to maintain with quads
>>
File: file.png (606 KB, 1785x978)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
I made these stairs with archimesh but when painting a texture over them its all fucked up, how do i fix this shit?
BTW, i have no idea what im doing just following dumb tutorials from youtube.
>>
>>911421
I does not have to be quads, it's meant for 3d printing so topology isn't THAT important in this case.
>>
File: topology.png (281 KB, 1012x776)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
can someone tell me why the chest is shaded differently from the rest of the body, and why the inner arms are flat? There's no edge crease on the inner arms so it doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>911528
nvm recalculated normals and it fixed both
>>
If I have two meshes of different scales and I want to boolean them together is there a way to make the mesh that is smaller fit the area of the bigger one? (without using scale tool and hoping for the best)
>>
>>911451
you're UVs are all fucked. they are tool small / too far apart and with the texture resolution you haven't got enough space to work with. fix them and it'll work better
>>
>>911528
Holy shit omeganewb alarm
Try to learn the fundementals first, watch how to make some basic objects with blender, like a chair.
Research on how to use the grid snap tool, it'll save you a lot of time and is good for symmetry
after you done with all that shit, move onto to ammirus3d, that'll be your gateway to complex modelling and good topology, and study photography when you get to the rendering stage.
>>
>>911544
>Try to learn the fundementals first, watch how to make some basic objects with blender, like a chair.
already have but I'll do the other stuff you said.
>>
>>911540
I'm on a phone. But there is probably option to display bounding box and then convert bounding box to geo. Then you parent original geo to that box and it would be much easier to match 2 boxes scale wise
>>
>>911543
>LOL YOU JUST HAVE A PROBLEM YOU NEED TO FIX IT
Wow, what a great response, thanks, that really helped a lot, I'll just press the fix problem button.
>>
>>911547
i explained the issue, your UVs are too small / far part. the fix problem button is to re-do the smart unwrap and make the 'island margin' smaller
>>
File: example.png (256 KB, 823x685)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>911540
Forgot to mention this mesh is the same as the small one but the bigger one is like pic related
>>
File: file.png (742 KB, 1911x1028)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>911550
>>
File: blender_4E26rltsLf.png (1.01 MB, 1348x651)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>911563
UVs look better what is your texture resolution? it could be too small

also why have considered uv projecting the material? i assume your trying to re-create the scene from truman show

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/editors/uv_image/uv/editing/unwrapping/mapping_types.html
>>
What’s a good way to get these kind of dark shadows on 2d looking blender models.
>>
>>911581
>>
File: file.png (1.99 MB, 1919x1061)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>911571
>what is your texture resolution
2048x2048
Try to get the same results with archimesh stairs please.
>i assume your trying to re-create the scene from truman show
Yes, doing it for practice.
Followed this tutorial to paint the texture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmbAs9jE1vI
>>
File: file.png (1.93 MB, 1921x1081)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>911571
>>911600
Googled how to do the "proyect from view" thing, still would like to learn why i couldn't paint it with the brush.
Also, new question, what is the best way to create this kind of water? https://www.deviantart.com/ender-skywalker/art/The-Truman-Show-Wallpaper-782841257
Used a shader(Realistic water with depth darkness) on a plane but it doesn't look quite right and it has all those white bright spots.
>>
>>911609
>why i couldn't paint it with the brush.
you can, but generally it's more work and blender texture painting is shit

>water
i would make a big plane, make it shiny using the shader editor and add a 'waves' texture as a bump map
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtlSIRh5r_E
personally i would swap out 'musgrave' for 'waves' but try and see which one works
>>
>>911609
>>911611
for the white spots, they are called 'fireflies' and are generally caused by caustics. there are a few ways online of getting rid of them
>>
File: file.png (1.76 MB, 1921x1081)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>911611
>you can
Yeah, but how? I could do it on simple shapes but on the archimesh stairs didn't work.
>blender texture painting is shit
A shame because its a much more intuitive way of placing textures for me.
Couldn't get the water to look like https://www.deviantart.com/ender-skywalker/art/The-Truman-Show-Wallpaper-782841257 but its close enough i guess.
>>911612
Tried to remove the white spots from the smart shader but no luck.
>>
>>911630
maybe increase the intensity of the bump, add a displacement modifier?
>>
Why does impressive japanese stuff always seem to use softimage? Is it random chance or some secret sauce?
>>
>>911636
boomers who learnt 3d in like 2008 and never had to switch over to anything else
>>
Is there a way to isolate and scale certain portions of a single model? or to separate it after it's already been merged, adjust it, and then reconnect it? Like if I can just box select the upper half of the body, scale down, and just have the faces of the model stretch accordingly? I tend to need to fiddle with proportions all through the process, but I don't know how to do that after the separate objects for hands, head, feet, etc. are merged together.
>>
>>911640
In Blender, by the way.
>>
any blendlets doing mograph?
how does it fare compared to c4d?
>>
I am creating a base mesh. I created the torso, and and an arm. Afterwards I created a hand, but when I attach the hand the model loses all symmetry, and now the mirror modifier does not work as before. How can I prevent this?
>>
>>911674
It sounds like the mirror modifier is going away because you're merging the body to the hand object, which doesn't have a mirror modifier on it.
You can merge the hand to the body by making sure to select the body second, or you can just add a mirror modifier to the mesh again after merging if it disappeared.
>>
>>911636
Why Japanese use fax machine? Same reason
>>
Im making a mask with a lower jaw that looks like this merged into the existing design
would the best course be to just sculpt the teeth and then merge it with the existing part or sculpt it directly into the jaw I already made.
I kinda have the mesh building part of blender down so far but sculpting is a complete mystery to me and trying to sculpt a thin walled part doesnt seem to work right
>>
Does anybody here use Virtual Motion Capture?

I made a VRM model character that works in VSeeFace, Unity, and some other software, but in Virtual Motion Capture I get errors where it prints out "[Exception] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance" and motion capture doesn't work even though all of the limbs are properly defined. Happens both with models I've exported out of Blender and with Unity (UniVRM)
>>
File: 1657470255206.jpg (18 KB, 344x342)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
I'm just looking for a word.
What is all the compiled assets for a show called?
Like if you have a TV-show or a movie, you need a lot of rigs, backgrounds and assets.
I feel like there's a good industry word for it out there.
Like an animation-project. but the animation and voices aren't there yet, just the "assets".
>>
File: file.png (517 KB, 1574x906)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
>>911073
Working on a meme album cover, got this basic layout for the characters but I wanna create the background. Any tips for creating a landscape if it's just for a shot?
>>
>>911698
A lowpoli scarlet devil mansion.
>>
File: file.png (508 KB, 850x600)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>911716
You are brilliant anon. I'll model the castle exploding to complete the look
>>
https://blendermarket.com/products/x-muscle-system

Any of you guys ever use this muscle addon? Looks pretty good for thirty bucks and might add some pseudorealism to my shitposts.
>>
File: truman ruido.png (3.3 MB, 1920x1080)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
>>911635
I'll settle with this I think, thanks for the help.
>>
where can I find pbr charts for human skin
mostly interested in indian / arabic human
>>
File: highlights.png (324 KB, 610x306)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
brainlet question incoming, but is there a certain term to describe the highlights seen in the screenshot in 3d graphics?
i'm trying to achieve the effect in a game (without raytracing) but not sure what to search for to find shader tutorials
>>
File: 1649056399495.png (540 KB, 1110x792)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
>>911073
how do i make the wavy pointy white thing?
>>
File: 1629556893506.png (119 KB, 247x220)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>911917
its brown in this pic.
>>911914
newbie here as well but i think the general term is still highlights, not sure in game engines but in blender i just add a light to the back of the object
>>
File: rimlight.jpg (14 KB, 400x400)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>911914
>>911923
think I found it, it might be called rimlights
>>
File: 1655079877651.png (22 KB, 800x171)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>911924
my bad anon, you're right. what kinda game are you making?
>>
>>911923
count the number of pointy bits
multiply that by 2
make cylinder with that many subdivisions
delete everything but the cap
select every other vertex and scale it outward
make a hole
bevels etc to soften pointy bits
subdivide
>>
File: 1636922725884.png (415 KB, 988x701)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>911926
did something similar, at times i completely forget about the inset tool. anons here were right. using boolean too much can make your brain go soft.
>>
File: 1632085151091.png (273 KB, 812x667)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>911931
wasnt there some shortcut to lock the face in this angle and press g and move?
>>
what's the best, least annoying way to make hair and fur for games?
>>
File: 1637245435043.png (680 KB, 1200x722)
680 KB
680 KB PNG
>>911952
how do i attach the people holder carriage thing to the giant wheel?
>>
>>911952
click on global, select normal then press g and z
>>
File: 1288555672452.jpg (97 KB, 625x552)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>911378

Sorry to bump this, but any ideas? I've been working on some other stuff meanwhile, but I haven't gone back to this and solved it.
>>
File: file.png (203 KB, 600x404)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>911073
>try and do a basic grid fill in 3ds max
>turns out it's a plugin, despite being an included free feature in every other program
>have to dig through some forums and watch some pajeet video to figure out how to install it
>works like shit

surely theres a better way?

>>912010
try simply modelling a part of it then use symmetry to create the rest.
>>
>>911982
xgen makes good hair cards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Fpqb5SFKY
i think you can do the same in blender, but essentially you create a particle system and then make 2d planes from those particles, and then apply a hair material onto it
>>
>>912015
this is the one thing preventing me from moving to maya
>>
Why does Merge First and Merge Last in blender do the same thing regardless of selection order?
>>
I'm rendering a sequence in Maya 2022 using the Arnold Renderer, and only the first frame comes out at my desired resolution. (1920x1080) The rest come out smaller. (Around 900x500) I was about to give up and just go with the smaller size by making the original size the same as the rest of I was getting, but then the rest of the images turned out even smaller. What gives? Looking online I can't find anything on this problem, test resolution doesn't seem to be affecting it (it's at 100%)
>>
/toy/ here.
I'm about to start learning Blender to make add on pieces for my figures and possibly make a couple of figures from scratch; I was recommended using Blender 3.0 with the dyntopo and voxel remeshing tools.

What's the best tutorial series to learn Blender for this purpose?
>>
File: 1649018601293.png (621 KB, 855x722)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
okay finally finished the giant wheel, this is my gonna be my first project to put in my portfolio. should i start learning unreal setting up my scene? also is using the quixel mega scams thing cheating ? the only way i know how to make grass is by taking an image and then duplicating 4 times and aligning it to different axises. industry anon please help a fresher out
>>
File: images (13).jpg (35 KB, 452x678)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Any lamer device on studying locomotion than this on an actual model? Cant imagine this is so bloody messy of a piece
>>
File: 20220803_132953.gif (159 KB, 429x640)
159 KB
159 KB GIF
Without any rules or "theories" maybe everyone s on luck and nepotics so i just gott ask what makes something 300k
>>
File: Screenshot (468).jpg (518 KB, 2169x1080)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
Why does my render result like this? skin seems messed up and it also looks like it's wet
>>
File: testresolution.png (17 KB, 528x287)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>912072
I found the solution, turns out I was wrong about the Test Resolution. There's one under the render view window, but there's another one here under this banner. This should be ticked to match your desired resolution.
>>
File: blender mirror issue.png (230 KB, 964x806)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
I've applied all my mirror modifiers and am trying to rig, but for whatever reason when I select just one of this character's biceps it selects both, which means doing my rigging is near impossible. How can I fix this?
>>
>>912174
try disabling denoising
>>
>>912219
but won't it be fuzzy?
I've tried with optix and ultra denoiser
>>
File: treebark.png (3.67 MB, 2048x2048)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB PNG
>>911073
I wanna semi realistic look with my textures, but I can't find the right kind half the time. Especially since I want to make trees that look like their real counterpart.
Google images pulls up pics of said trees, like dogwood, but no one takes high res photos of the tree bark. Its usually a pic right out of their back yard.
Where can I get some good textures?
>>
>>912223
Fuck it, i'll just learn to paint. *grumbles incoherent swear words*
>>
>>912220
if you have shitty hardware stick to eevee
>>
File: cvvrl8vd-900.jpg (46 KB, 900x506)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
If I wanted to make a realistic house interior for a game should I make modular assets with a bunch of specific pieces, or is there a better method?
>>
>>912223
https://www.sharetextures.com/tag/cc0/
>>
File: 6_4916.jpg (152 KB, 550x340)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>912239
>is there a better method?
No, stick to 90 degree modular kits or you will ruin your life. It's all this faggot's fault btw, fuck all greek homos like him.
>>
Anyone have any good tutorials for creating proper animation backgrounds with blender? They are for hand drawn animation and personal projects so they don’t have to be the best in the world. Right now I can do some isometric backgrounds that look fine, but when you zoom in I’m having trouble with vanishing points and making everything in the distance look proper.
>>
This may sound stupid, but how do I learn with tutorials? I'm taking a course on substance designer rn and I try to follow along, but bit by bit I get distracted and end up losing myself in my own project. should I watch the whole thing in isolation and then try to apply the core lessons afterwards? how do you guys do it?
>>
>>912311
>losing myself in my own project
This is exactly what you should do. You learn by watching someone do a task, then apply it to your own objectives and branch from there. Mindlessly repeating is a failure of modern day education system.
>>
>>912316
Notes are also very important. I can’t tell you how many times I forget something I just learned, know that I have it in my notes, look at it again, then it sticks. If it’s something you think you’re going to use a lot or particularly catches your interest, write it down.
>>
>>912311
1. copy
2. modify
3. create

It is important to do them. Cut out other distractions and focus on finishing that particular one because humans are bad at multitasking.
>>
>>912266
Or really, any decent background/scenery course would do. I’ve already developed an animation in technique in blender that is working great considering all my traditional art and animation skills move right over to it with no issue, but my backgrounds still look novice and wonky. I can dress them up fairly nice with the grease pencil tool, but I’d rather know how to make proper backgrounds for future projects.
>>
>>912253
AirYgatomongoyzamasu
>>
>>912350
good point, i'm gonna start doing that
>>912316
>>912351
from these two opinions I am kind of realizing that I can't multitask worth a damn, so i'm gonna try to watch the whole thing and take notes on it
>>
>>912364
Eyup, that’s what I do and I’m terrible at multi-tasking as well. Just keep a notepad open on the side of the screen, take them as you watch. Don’t worry about misspellings or what not, fix it later, if you are pausing every couple seconds or minutes to take notes you’ll never get through the video so just take them as you get them. As a teenager in high school I never realized how important notes are.. partially because the teachers would never actually tell you which notes were actually important and going to be on the test, but when you pick and choose what you think is important and write them down, they’ll stick a lot better and if they don’t you’ll remember what tool you need and where you wrote it in your notes… and if you don’t you get to read through your notes again to find it and all that information is sinking in again.
>>
https://youtu.be/tzt55UfljGA?t=611
Why he is deleting faces and then extruding hole edges and create new faces when can just extrude this two faces without deleting?
>>
>>912407
Doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, which is why he's making a basic tutorial instead of content. Big market for beginner tutorials and you barely have to be a step ahead of them.
>>
>>912174
What's being plugged into the roughness? Show us the nodes.
>>
>>912407
Mind = blown. I forwarded your post to jobs@disney.
>>
What can I use to convert a PK3 file to OBJ?
>>
>>912407
You should know to avoid any "artist" who uses the corposhit style.
>>
Is there a simple way, in blender, to change the color of a texture? Specifically one color of something that has multiple colors in it.
Everyone says to use a color ramp but then everything just turns black and white. I know I can add colors to the ramp but then it's going to be all fucked up and won't be the original colors anyway.
Say for instance you had an American flag and wanted to change the red stripes to blue. How could this be achieved easily?
>>
How much is blender supposed to crash during animation? It keeps crashing when I edit text. Should I just edit the text shit in sony vegas?
>>
File: file.png (1.43 MB, 2558x1440)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
I downloaded a model from generalbutch's collection and there's something weird going on with the model.
When I open it in blender version 3.2 the body under the clothes doesn't exist but the rig works.
And when I open it in Blender version 2.93 the body is complete but the rig doesn't work.
Anyone know what's going on here?
I don't really know a whole lot about blender.
>>
>>912266
>>912355
anon your question is a little confusing.
are you painting over your backgrounds or do you want textures and lighting to come from the render as well?

if it's the former, spend a bit of time playing around with the focal length of your virtual camera, it'll make a huge difference. and for very dramatic perspectives remember to cheat:
https://youtu.be/l-wUKu_V2Lk?t=186

if it's the latter, you're basically asking, "how do i become an environment artist", and that's a very big question.
>>
>>912228
bruh I have rtx2070
>>
File: Screenshot (471).png (1.13 MB, 3440x1440)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>912414
I have 3 face slots
>>
>>912174
>it also looks like it's wet
looks like you've got a map plugged into the roughness - it's probably a map meant for glossy workflows; invert it.

also, go do some tutorials and learn fundies
>>
>>912450
mate you're hovering over the mask modifier on the left side...

It's using a mask on the body so that it doesn't clip when the dress is enabled, most rigged porn models I've seen like this have something in the rig that controls this, but you can just disable the mask modifier right there.
>>
>>912493
That is indeed what it was, thanks.
>>
>>912467
Actually, that bit about how they used basic colors and blobs in the distance might be what I’m looking for. Right now I’m just trying to figure out how to get the edges of my landscape plane to not just “cut off” so I’ll also probably look into creating a light fog or something to fade the distance instead of it just stopping.

Other than that, I’ve just been watching video after video of people making environments and copying the parts that I need for my own. It’d be nice for a full on course on the subject, but this is working fine at the moment. And sorry if my phrasing of the question is confusing. Like I said, I’m coming from a traditional art and animation background so I’m still getting down all the 3d terms.
>>
Lads can any of you answer this question for me?
>>912426
>>
>>912529
wouldn't it be easier to photoshop it?
>>
>>912546
I reposted that by accident I meant to post it in a different thread. That's what another anon said too so I'll just do that.
>>
File: Donut.webm (584 KB, 1000x1000)
584 KB
584 KB WEBM
I'm gonna need some general advice.
My frustration tolerance is extremely low and my ambition goes all the way to mars.
Over my entire life I basically got so scared of failing and quitting that I barely even start anymore.
This donut is from around a year ago, the last time I started something and quit again.
My question is basically two parts.
1. What are good general beginner tutorials aside from the donut guy? A lot of tutorials I see are just "how to make random thing" where I'd prefer something like a structured course.
2. How do you pick projects that are appropriate for your skill level without being too much to handle?
>>
>>912594
You improve incrementally. Learn substance to make better bricks. The plates are very thin. Look up real object sizes etc. Depends on what project you want to do for tutorials.
>>
>>911073
What's the deal with people following you but not liking any work? Sometimes art accounts, sometimes not.
>>
>>912649
Isn't that just normal? Do YOU like everyone's work that you follow all the time?
>>
>>911989
Select the vertices at the end of the construction arms (the triangular arms, the pointy end), shift+s -> cursor to selection, in object mode click on gondola, shift+s -> selection to cursor
>>
What is a *fastest* way to model character's hair in Blender without sculpt?
>>
>>912729
Using the hair tool
>>
>>912678
I guess I should've meant getting a follow but from people that haven't liked anything. Just seems a bit weird, unless they're out here to steal my bad ideas heh.
>>
why can I still see everything in my scene in cycles with no light source. I have a flickering light in the scene but I want the scene to go black when it's off.
>>
There was anon who said that it's easier to do anime character faces with subdiv. Anon, are you here? Can you post example? Can't find anything but sculpt and copypaste from templates.
>>
>>912895
not him, but check this out, guy has some really nice breakdowns:
https://twitter.com/kensyouen_Y/status/1547859744446349312
>>
>>912912
Not that anon, but this helps me a lot. Thank you.
>>
>>912912
Same, this will be very handy in the future for me.
>>
does anyone have an example of how a western stylized character looks like in cel shading?
most cel-shaded stuff is anime but i'm curious how it would look on something similar to picrel or something disneyesque but i can't find anything online
>>
File: how to.jpg (31 KB, 727x631)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
How can I turn this subdived cube into perfect sphere (or what I should build instead of cube at start)? I need a perfect sphere with this mesh geometry. (Yes I still can draw a circle on monitor and adjust vertexes manually).
>>
>>912991
cast modifier
if you enable the extra meshes plugin in your preferences, you can spawn a "quadsphere" and skip this step
>>
File: crease.png (630 KB, 1322x1644)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
anyone know what could be causing these random creases in what should be a nice smooth surface
I tried seeing if I had some hidden edges somewhere and crease is set to 0
>>
>>913013
looks like overlapping verts
>>
>>913016
there are no verts there, I did the shift+a ctrl+m, its a single edge
>>
>>913018
meant just merge not ctrl m, fuck me
>>
>>913018
are you sure? did you try manually sliding one of the verts that poke out?
check your normals then
>>
>>913024
apparently the top part of the head and the bottom one that I joined are turned the opposite way
>>
File: subdiv.png (189 KB, 624x685)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
>>912912
But it's a usual polys dragging with mid-poly mesh, not a subdividing of *simple* low-poly forms. I think it should be more like a pic.
>>912993
Thanks! Quadsphere isn't the same but also very good.
>>
File: dress_bottom.png (335 KB, 712x554)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>911073
Trying to rig a dress in blender using bones by following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55bJB5Wmd_U

Is it a problem if the bottom part curves inside like this in "rest" position? I know symmetrize does not put the bones directly onto the vertices on the opposite side and I will need to manually position each one.
>>
File: mfw blendies screaming.jpg (245 KB, 900x891)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
Would I be retarded if I pay the full price for Maya? I genuinely love the software and also love making Blender users seethe on this board. I feel like I owe Autodesk something for allowing me to behave the way I do.
>>
>>913080
Yes,
A company is an inanimate object, it has no emotions.
What you're suggesting is akin to thanking your glass for holding the water you drink.
>>
Where could I hire a freelance 3d modeler, rigger, and animator?
>>
>>913091
fiverr
>>
>>913092
I've heard there're a lot of people who just steal and repackage content on fiverr. Is that true?
>>
>>913093
yes
>>
File: 1659699784148978.jpg (228 KB, 900x1200)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
What 3D soft is good for models containing booth precise mechanic and curved "organic"-shaped surfaces like a pic? For printing, render quality and animations don't matter.
>>
>>913100
Any, just block it out low poly then sub divide. You'll get super smooth rounded geometry. You can sculpt in zbrush, retopo and make a low poly mesh, and then just sub divide it
>>
File: 3-example.gif (964 KB, 600x308)
964 KB
964 KB GIF
can someone please tell me why mantaflow liquid simulation fails at arbitrary resolutions for me? all resolutions above 70 fail, and I need high-res for the effect I'm working on
pic related, it's me trying to get my liquid sim to work. fire sim is buggy but generally works okay for me.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.