[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 284725.png (326 KB, 1201x885)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
anyone else had their life ruined here?
>>
>>902632
No, i was redpilled about "art" colleges when I was 12 and took the self-study+STEM college pill. Universities teach you outdated shit/practices in general, so it is really bad if you do it for anything art related without doing any supplemental stuff. The costs for art school is really expensive and most teachers don't have recent experience in the field. Those types are the worst because they are very strict and rigid. They penalize you for not following their methods 1:1 despite teaching bad/outdated practices

some people here weirdly defend art colleges though. Sunk-cost fallacy so i don't blame them, but they need to do additional studying/networking on the side instead of playing vidya when they're free
>>
>>902649
Can confirm, my retard professor used to fuck me over because I bind skins using Geodisk Voxel instead of Vertex Highrachy which no one fucking use since 2010
>>
>>902649
>No, i was redpilled about "art" colleges when I was 12 and took the self-study+STEM college pill.

You did the exact right thing. did you get red pilled about the art college scam over the internet? Or did someone you know personally warn you/was an example.
>>
>>902676
both
>>
>>902632
Ai Atlanta "graduate" of 2010 here. Learned more on my own. The job guarantee ended up being a folder of fast food places. Yeah; fuck Ai.
>>
>>902632
>>902649
>>902658
>>902676
>>902681
>>902781
ITT: silly amerimutts getting cucked by their for-profit """education""" system
>>
>>902784
Yep. Groomed for 3 years by reps that would come to our graphic design program and tell us about how we would be guaranteed jobs right and the like.

You go in. "Oh just sign these loan stuff. Huh? Nah, it'll be fine. Just sign here and here. No need to read." And of course you do because you're just a dumbfuck who's been told you should go to college since you were a kid and you don't want to disappoint.

That's just a generalization but fuck if they don't prey on ignorance.
>>
>>902632
yeah, i went in 2011. we didnt get a professor who actually knew 3d software until 3 years in. fortunately we ended up getting a professor who was a serious industry vet from hollywood who was able to get the few of us who still gave a fuck by that point up to speed, so it wasnt a total loss, but mostly it was a scam.

the problem is, they tell you all the early courses are art fundamentals and math and science requirements and shit, and that the imporant stuff comes in the last few years, but then you get to that stage and realize they dont have anyone competent running the programs, but by that point you are likely already massively in debt so what do you do? cut out with tens of thousands in debt and no degree? or try to finish? all the while their counselors are feeding you false information and keeping you in the program.

also keep in mind this is before youtube was flooded with professional level tutorials. it was books or just messing around on your own if you wanted to learn 3D, or buying dvd tutorial sets. nowadays there is absolutely no reason to go to school for 3D or art in general, there is such a wealth of free education on the topics, the only thing you need to bring to the table is a little discipline to practice and follow through
>>
>>902784
>blaming victims of a professional multi billion dollar scam for getting hooked by it

thats the chinese philosophy. what are you, chinese?
>>
>>902632
the art institute has always been a ripoff. I left there not knowing a god damned thing about 3d. I had to learn on my own after graduating. Get this, they tried to charge me 900 dollars for a super late library book and they never gave me my diploma because I refused to pay lol. Luckily I got some work and ended up having a great career. But seriously AI is shit./
>>
>>902788
Maybe you should've grown a bigger brain or idk, done your research? Retard LOL enjoy your debt
>>
>>902781
yeah, they didn't help you get a job at all, no matter how good you were.

>>902786
>And of course you do because you're just a dumbfuck who's been told you should go to college since you were a kid and you don't want to disappoint.
the whole society sets you up for the debt trap. Through TV and movies they make it seem like you have to go to college, then there's the whole "do what you love and the money will follow" no, it fucking won't. You end up in debt to your eyeballs and unemployable.

>>902787
>the problem is, they tell you all the early courses are art fundamentals and math and science requirements and shit, and that the imporant stuff comes in the last few years
yeah they make you do all kinds of unnecessary bullshit to milk you for money, thing is if you realize the scam early and try to move to a real school their credit don't even transfer.

>>902787
>also keep in mind this is before youtube was flooded with professional level tutorials. it was books or just messing around on your own if you wanted to learn 3D, or buying dvd tutorial sets. nowadays there is absolutely no reason to go to school for 3D or art in general
tell me about it, kids today don't know how good they have it. I would have never went to art school back in my day if the internet was how it was today. Just no need like you say.
>>
>>902973
places like conceptart.org and permanoobs existed in that era, they just weren't on youtube because it had a filesize limit at that time
>>
>>902784
>>902955
>shitposting on a niche board that moves at 2 posts a day

what kind of live does this subhuman have that this is what they choose to spend their time on?
>>
>>903029
t. got scammed of his money because he is STUPID and an UMEMPLOYED PERMABEG
stay mad retard
>>
>>903056
>hahaha you got scammed while trying to better your life as an inexperienced kid. you deserve it!

eat a dick you shithead.
>>
>>904514
>doesnt do basic research on something youll go into debt for
>goes baby mode when others shit you for it
Idiot
>>
>>902955
Yeah, because growing a bigger brain definitely helps most 3rd world corrupt countries from getting out from under their corrupt dictatorial governments. Oh wait. The populace of 99% of countries have no say in anything and if they do it's usually just the illusion instead of something concrete.

I feel like you're not blaming the actual people but yourself for your own shortcomings somehow.
>>
>>902786
>Oh just sign these loan stuff
haha yes i remember the old lady fast tracking me through the loan forms
then i remember looking at that sheet of all the classes i would be taking for the next three years and realized i got scammed
then i left
laughing to this day about them being sued into oblivion
fuck those faggots
>>
>>904533
>choosing a college = living under a dictatorship
Keep coping your low iq is showing
>>
>>902658
>>902784
Forgot to mention that I'm in a well known tech uni that has CGA section rather than an art school, so even at the worst scenario I could still work in coding related carrers
>>
>>904521
hope you die in a gasoline fire, would be nice.
>>
Yeah. Seeing Chuds infesting this board ruined my life. No quality boards.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.