[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 17 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Explain this
>>
File: blender corporate patrons.png (223 KB, 1196x1458)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
ok
>>
>>840440
/thread
>>
Explain your inability to look at the fucking catalog
>>
>>840437
Maybe now the blender support for FBX can improve
>>
>>840437
blender gud
>>
File: 1294024376.jpg (34 KB, 227x260)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>840437
Autocucks getting cucked by the Big Blender Cock again. What's new?
>>
>>840768

I'd laugh but my bevel broke again in Maya and I've got some random nonmanifold geometry that got created for no reason. Oh crap, it crashed!
>>
>>840437
Adobe gonna buyout Blender, calling it.
>>
>>840437
This decade need hundred of thousand of 3D Artist for asserts to VR or AR, then big companies given money to Blender is the easy way to generate enormous mass of 3D designers.
>>
>>840856
Oh, they'll try.
>>
>>840437
Don't need to pay the autodesk jews, when blender does it for free.
>>
>>840437
>>840440
A corporate coalition formed due to Autodesk trying too hard to monopolize an important creative industry.
>>
>>840437
soon adobe blender with a monthly subscription fee
>>
>>841244
https://fund.blender.org/
Eh, tons of shitty companies already support blender, and they haven't taken over yet. If they've tried, they've failed, and I'm sure adobe will fail too.
>>
File: 1626163345647.jpg (13 KB, 300x225)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Their endgame? To offer highly specialized CGI solutions on the cloud, using a modified version of Blender that implements the necessary paywall. The GPL allows this as long as they don't distribute the software running on their cloud.

You'll see a two-tiered Blender: the free one, like the one you can use now, and the paywalled one, with features way beyond what the public version can do, at an appropriate rental cost. Most pros will be using Adobe/Autodesk/Maxon Blender instead of the Foundation's version.

Get ready for this, because there's nothing you can do to prevent it.
>>
>>841320
Well that's because none of those are software companies.
>>
E3

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.