[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Blender-Splash-Fox.jpg (550 KB, 988x988)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>835135
>>
I'm so glad the asset manager shit is finally happening
>>
File: splash.jpg (303 KB, 1456x672)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
the fox is the best render a person has made in blender
why dont they keep it?
>>
>>840322
I wonder the same. I can't stand that stupid ass monkey. Never liked it, never will. Simple as.
Interestingly, the Youtube Blender channel also still has the fox as banner.
>>
>>840346
Also, maybe we should design a fox that could replace the Suzanne model. The splash fox is too complex and isn't fit for Suzanne's purposes.
>>
>>840322
I agree anon. I really liked my seafox. For lack of a better word, it had SOUL
>>
>>840347
As much as I'd love a fox Suzanne, furries would abuse it. I'd rather not have my favorite FOSS modeling program mascot become a staple in poorly animated yiff

Seafox inspired me to try and model my own fox head. It turned out meh, but was still fun. Used it to learn more about particle hairs
>>
>>840349
True.
But I'll at least try to come up with some fox myself to replace the monkey in my Blender. Best of both worlds. No abuse by furries and still monkey replaced. The beauty of a completely modifiable software (and autism).
>>
I keep ending up with weird faces and having to go in with the knife tool to create edges so the faces are actual planes. Any tips on why/how this keeps happening?
>>
>>840357
can you post a screenshot of what's going on? I can try and help
>>
>>840353
sneed branch with fox suzanne
>>
>>840358
shit I should I have screencapped. I fixed it by deleting a bunch of verts and then filling it in and using the knife tool to add back in where the previous edges were. At one point blender wouldn't even let me delete the face. I would select it and hit delete but it wouldn't delete. I think I caused it by using the mirror modifier. I'll try to reproduce what I did and post it.
>>
guys, jayanam is losing his mind, wtf
>>
File: before.png (239 KB, 590x466)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>840362
>>
File: after1.png (235 KB, 579x474)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>840367
>>
File: after2.png (357 KB, 747x597)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>840368
>>
>>840369
>>840369
obviously here I fucked it up on purpose. see how the edge somehow gets pulled inside and then when I select a single face it selects a few. This type of thing seems to happen to me by accident sometimes. Maybe I'm abusing deleting/dissolving faces... I've been watching blender tutorials for a while but only recently started actually practicing with it and I suck.
>>
File: QZ6QeX1w06.webm (2.69 MB, 830x584)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB WEBM
>>840374
ah, i see. you have the mirror modifier on with clipping enabled. clipping will merge any vertex pairs that meet in the center of the mesh. thus two vertices of your face are stuck in the center. turn off clipping and you can move that vertex out from the center
>>
>>840299
Someone should make the fox blep
>>
>>840378
thanks m8
>>
>>840299
What do I do if I want to have a shader identical in behavior to a HLSL/Unity shader in Blender?
>>
How do I learn the more technical aspects of blender? So far I've only made sculpts+retopo+rigging.
I want to learn softbody animation or other cool stuff :(
>>
Hello from 2ch.hk
Did you seen here a faggot with ugly model?
>>
>>840423
You'll have to be more specific
>>
>>840403
Are you having trouble finding stuff on Google? I can find numerous tutorials about softbody sims and other 'technical' things
>>
How do I make a bone move its location while using another bone's rotation as reference?
>>
>>840564
Nevermind, figured it out. It was the "transform" modifier.
>>
>>840423
thats all of us. hello fellow yellow man
>>
I'm a programmer and newbie to 3D modelling what's the best resources to learning blender
>>
>>840587
ideally, find a friend who already knows the program and have them teach it to you
a lot of people seem to gravitate towards blender guru's donut tutorial series, but it felt more like a "do this, do this, do this" tutorial without explaining why or going into any theory
just learn the hotkeys for functions you'll be using 90% of the time (extrude, grab, scale, rotate, fill, etc.) and fuck around with the program
>>
What happened to the piracy thread? I'm trying to find CG Boost's Cubic Worlds torrent. I found it on CGPersia but the retards that upload shit there use the worst fucking sites known to man for uploading shit.
>>
File: file.png (1.16 MB, 911x1316)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
I am following a tutorial and wondering why he is making faces manually instead of using bevel modifier

Can anyone tell me pls?
>>
>>840662
not sure what you're trying to point out from the image, but generally you want your mesh to look like the finished product before you start adding modifiers or subdividing
>>
Someone has sold their models on cgtrader or sketchfab, how profitable is it ? I'm thinking of selling rigid character models for VR or games.
>>
>>840669
a friend of mine has an amateur-quality gun model on cgtrader, and gets 1-2 sales per month on average
>>
>>840670
What do you have to do to sell on cgtrader, sketchfab asks you for 5 minimum models and a seller request, but on cgtrader they skip this and you can sell immediately, what is the trick? I don't know where to put my paypal to get paid or something like that.
>>
ever since i got a drawing tablet i have only been sculpting and i feel guilty because of it
i almost forgot everything about modelling too
i need good tutorials that about hard surface modelling for blender
i really need to practice that stuff so i can remember everything back again
>>
>want to make a character pick up an object and then pass it to another character that will then hold it
but i can't figure out how the fuck to do this without inserting a new instance of the object's model, because the child of constraint is completely fucked and if i try to remove the constraint from the original parent and then parent it to the other model, even after i tried saving the animation in the NLA editor as well, it just removes all the fucking keyframes and I can't do shit with it.
>>
>blender STILL has no way of hiding an entire collection from a final render
>if i want a model out of shot, I need to move it out of shot, i can't just hide it with the click of a button
>>
>>840842
what do you mean? you can hide collections.
>>
>>840842
Press the Filter button right for the search field in the outliner.
Enable "Disable in Render" (Camera icon)
Enjoy.
>>
File: wppOkP6.jpg (233 KB, 3776x1991)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>
>>840843
>>840844
I can't keyframe the disabling of collections.
>have model of character that's made from multiple different parts
>want to hide it away from rendering during animation when the character is not in the shot
>can't because blender doesn't let me keyframe the collection, can only keyframe "Disable in Render" for each individual piece of the model
>>
>>840846
I understand you now.
Yes, that is something currently you can't do no.¨
So either you have to go in and do it manually one at the time. Or set up a driver and link it to a custom property to disable them with one click and animate it that way
>>
>>840845
That tank is a motorized casket for the entire crew. But since you slapped an imperial japan flag it makes a lot more sense
>>
I downloaded a rigged OW model. When I try editing it, it says I can't apply modifiers to a mesh which has shape keys in em.
>>
>>840891
Do you need the shape keys?
If yes, then you can't edit the mesh.
If you don't, just delete them and modify it.
Simple as that.
>>
does anyone know the name of the addon that inserts edge loops while keeping the edge flow
i know it uses the "edge flow" addon as a requirement
>>
>>840936
edge curve plus?
>>
>>840848
Yeah, I don't know how to work with drivers, so what I end up doing is just having something like a bone named "ground" which does nothing but move the whole model at once without touching anything else. So I just keyframe that to move the model out of the shot until I need it again.
>>
>>840979
sounds like scaling to 0 and keyframing that would have solved your problem.
bot both moving and scaling may introduce motion blur problems, especially if you have volumes in your scene.
>>
>>840854
how so? It's based on a type 89
>>
>>840938
>edge curve plus
yep, thats the one, thanks a ton anon
>>
>>840891
Duplicate the model, and clear the shapekeys from the copy. After applying the modifiers to the copy, shift click the original and copy. Then transfer shapekeys using the shapekeys specials tab.
>>
>open blender file from model website
>entire UI is completely fucked
Is this because of the creator's personal UI or what? Is there a way to make it so when I open someone else's blend file i don't have to use their autistic UI setup?
>>
File: LoadUI.png (154 KB, 1032x879)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>841068
>>
>>841073
thank you very much for pointing this out anon. it was hidden by default
>>
File: Sin título.png (58 KB, 669x560)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>841068
>>841073
this way you can double click the files on the file manager instead of opening them through the UI

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.