[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 9 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
have you used VR in your workflow yet?
I use it for sculpting base mesh (Kanova) and then continue in zBrush
>>
I've used it for sculpting models for 3D printing - that's something I find it to be almost perfect for, because the lack of precision isn't a problem when you're going to be printing those models as small figurines.

I've also really enjoyed vertex painting in medium. I'd say it feels natural, but it feels better than natural, because you can instantly resize the model and you're using an airbrush that never clogs, never spits or spatters, never needs to be cleaned and can change colors instantly. That's REALLY good shit.
>>
>>832001
What a ridiculously contrived workflow.
>>
>>832189
well it explains why people salivate over blender. people prefer faggoted workflows no matter what
>>
File: tenshin dry brush 1.jpg (224 KB, 1600x1066)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>832019
>I've used it for sculpting models for 3D printing - that's something I find it to be almost perfect for, because the lack of precision isn't a problem when you're going to be printing those models as small figurines.

I disagree wholeheartedly based on the fact this was printed with a $300 elegoo mars 2
>>
File: tenshin dry brush 2.jpg (247 KB, 1600x1066)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>832397
obviously it'd depend on the scale of the figs because human perceptual stuff comes into it at some point but the idea that 3d printed miniatures wouldn't benefit from the precision of zbrush even on a budget is not true. Honestly the further into stylization and simplification you go the more precision is needed sometimes.
>>
>>832398
>>832397

How big is that model? Looks like a large multi-part print.
>>
>>832001
VR is a fad for retards, it will never succeed.
>>
>>832001
I tried it and it can give great results.
However
Try to model something.
Graphics card fan starts going into over drive.
Lag in application.
Application crashes.

I truly hate that RTX are like x400% of their price now.
And you need like a super computer from 2029 to use it efectivly.
>>
>>832734
can't wait to see screenshots of posts like this like we saw before mlp became a thing
>>
>>834535
we have had consumer VR for years now anon.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.