[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 90e.gif (3 MB, 640x532)
3 MB
3 MB GIF
A patreon with 30 second coomer animations?
Being commissioned by furries?
Selling printable models of anime waifus?
Making a 18+ video game?
>>
Leave your house and flip burgers.
>>
>>831162
I don't want to leave the house.
>>
nobody will do your market research you lazy fuck
>>
>>831161
>A patreon with 30 second coomer animations?
$20k a month if you are consistent and high quality.

>Being commissioned by furries?

Not worth it unless you're banging out samey sculpts that can be done in an evening.

>Selling printable models of anime waifus?

Not enough people own 3D printers, and they only have the time to print so many models. Unless you're puttin out presupported models every month, you're not gonna make it.

>Making a 18+ video game?

A shit load of work but it's big bucks if you can pull of something that looks even half way decent.
>>
>>831257
There isnt that many with 20k a month or more that does adult animation. And its not reasonable to predict for just anybody to reach that high
>>
>>831264
Oh fine, 12k

https://www.patreon.com/nyl2
>>
>>831264
Even just 1k per month is enough to live as a millionaire in this third world shithole.
>>
Thank you for your replies anons! Unfortunately you mention "high quality", what if I'm a mediocre 3d artist, can I still make say 750 dollars per month in patreon?
>>
>>831295
what does being mediocre mean?
>>
>>831295
3D art isn't just sculpting man. For example GeneralButch is pretty mediocre when it comes to sculpting but he makes excellent animations because he's got a good eye for motion (he's making maybe 10k a month). Your models don't have to be super realistic either, they could be stylized like pic related.
>>
>>831291
If that's the case, you can just start up a patreon, throw a bunch of tits on it every few days and you'll be set.
>>
>>831312
Even clearer example: Eskoz
Awful models, and still making nearly $7k a month on patreon alone because of his animation skills.
>>
>>831425
Bold of you to assume I have good animation skills.
>>
>>831312
>>831425
Links? You have piqued my curiosity.
>>
What about being commissioned on Fiverr? Is it viable?
>>
File: iiiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg (169 KB, 587x463)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>831468
twitter.com/officialmaxine
the creator is twitter.com/yvesbalak and here's how he made it https://twitter.com/OfficialMaxine/status/1383511523671166982

also OP if you're still here, if you ever decide to get good at modeling you could be like redmoa and make simple but nice looking models for popular characters. i was thinking of being really early and start working on a base mesh as soon as the splatoon 3 idols were revelead but i'm too lazy
>>
>>831482
If you like dealing with retards as customers, having Indians and Pakis as competition and being paid worse than a 3rd worlder - sure.
>>
>>831573
thanks
>>
>>831482
You will be competing with third worlders who can charge $1 an hour.
>>
>>831425
Holy fuck how? I've never seen someone make this much with less than 10k followers. Is it because he makes the highest quality vore animations right now?
>>
Get a normal job and do 3d as a hobby
>>
Not OP, I started only a few days ago, and I’m not interested in adult material in particular, but how good is “good enough for patreon”? I see people on there with renders that don’t look very good and they have fans. I don’t know how much they actually make, and I’m not looking to become a professional, but I wonder if it’s possible to make some nice extra side money.

Pic related, a render I just did.
>>
>>831607
>Thinks third worlders are capable of producing anything but shit
>>
What about selling stuff at the Unity store? Is it profitable?
>>
>>831257
>Not enough people own 3D printers, and they only have the time to print so many models
and that's a shame. I'm not really a good 3D artist myself, but I have a printer that is collecting dust instead of printing 3d waifus, because it's just too damn hard to find people who do them
>>
>>832206
>it's just too damn hard to find people who do them
where do you look? i know fuck all about 3d printing and 3d printing communities but i'm getting decent at character sculpting and after a few more months of practice i might try doing some commissions or something. where would i advertise? is there some discord for coomer 3d printing?
>>
>>832274
wellyou can find some on various sites, such as cgtraders, or on crowdfunding sites. But it's limited, of course, since only characters that will interest a lot of people will get attention.

For entirely custom, original characters... Fiveer, I guess?
>>
>>831161
is this really want you want your legacy to be
>>
>>831162
>>831161
if you decide to lower standards suicide is recommended
>>
>>831161
Post your work examples and we will decide what the best course of action is for you.
Models, rigs, animations, game engine experience, what software youre familiar with, etc.
>>
>>832402
I would do that, but can NSFW images be posted in /3/?
>>
>>831162
>McDonalds is offering $14 an hour now
God I wish we had a pandemic when I was 16
>>
>>833229
It's equivalent to $10.94 in 2003
>>
>>833224
If its clearly artistical sure, if in doubt, just use black bars to cover shit up.
>>
>>833311
Micky D's was paying the minimum wage at that time, which was $6.75. $10.94 is a huge increase, I'm not really sure what you're getting at

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.