[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: collage.jpg (507 KB, 1800x1800)
507 KB
507 KB JPG
Inspired by the thread in >>>/diy/ . Post STLs or pics of the dumb shit you've printed.

Living On The Edge Edition

Old thread: N/A
All the info you need about 3D-printing: https://pastebin.com/AKqpcyN5

>Your print failed? Go to:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/

If that doesn't help you solve your print problems, please post:
>A picture of the failed part
>Printer make & model
>Filament type/brand
>Slicer & slicer settings

>What printer should I buy? [Last updated 12-8-2020]
Under 250 USD: Creality Ender 3 (Pro), Anycubic Mega S
Under 500 USD: Qidi X-series, Creality CR-10, Anycubic Chiron, Lulzbot Mini (If you want to wait months for it to show up)
Under 1000 USD: Prusa i3
Over 1000 USD: Lulzbot, Ultimaker, Markforged
SLA: Anycubic Photon, Elegoo Mars, Prusa SL1, Formlabs Form 3
Instead of buying a new printer, you could consider building your own: https://reprap.org/wiki/

>Where can I get free things to print?
https://www.thingiverse.com/
https://grabcad.com/
https://google.com/

>What CAD software should I use?
Variants of professional programs such as Solidworks (lol paying for software), Fusion360, Inventor and AutoCAD may be free depending on your profession, level of piracy and definition of ''free''.
Most anons use Fusion360, some /g/oobers prefer OpenSCAD or FreeCAD. If you want to do free-forming and modeling, Blender is alright.
>>
Yay it's the third 3D printing general we have on 4chan. What's the catch of this one?
>>
What are you guys printing today?
>>
Is there any way to remove parts from cura? Like add a cube where I want to break the part? I usually throw the parts under the bed and that does the trick but I can do it with this model
>>
I need a custom fan blade for a project I'm working on.
Can 3D printing make objects with ~36" diameter?
Also, I have zero experience with CAD software. Is it affordable and easy to work with someone who does?
>>
Any sources on large 3D model packs that I can just download and keep offline, instead of browsing thingiverse and others for specific models each time?
>>
>>805258
>>>/diy/
>>805363
>>>/tg/
>>
>>805364
Thanks
>>
File: botman.gif (892 KB, 338x395)
892 KB
892 KB GIF
obligatory
>>
>>805364
I posted in the diy thread too, that board is almost as slow as this one.
>>
File: 1614395934120.png (1.26 MB, 1469x819)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
anyplace to get this type of thing beside gambody? I'm being 100% Jewish but I do not want to pay 30 + tax because of their monopoly
>>
File: yellow.jpg (199 KB, 1238x1080)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
What is the ball park to get something like this printed? There is no interior so I would be ok with just treating the windows as solid. A 1/24th scale model is probably 8 inches long by 2 inches tall by 4 inches wide. no moving parts.

I just model these for fun but it'd be nice to put one on a shelf.

material wise.... just something i could sand smooth and paint.
>>
>>808389
Shapeways has a calculator on their site where you upload the model, choose the material and it gives you some metrics about your model (volume etc.) as well as a price quote.
>>
>>808417
>Shapeways
thanks m8
>>
File: 8F80KYM.jpg (101 KB, 700x620)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
I've been working on 3D modeling for a little while in Blender now, and I've been thinking about getting into 3D printing. One thing that really inspired me was seeing a dude who printed a whole Dinobot transformer toy. How would you even go about doing something like that? I know that's really more advanced territory that a 100% printing newb like myself, but is there somewhere I can learn how to do something like this? I don't know how I would even start designing such a toy, but a-a-at least I can probably model it...
>>
>>809030
look at resin printers if you want to print stuff like that
>>
>>808257
there's somebody on patreon who makes game figure models for printing, Ironforged Models I think they're called? Not sure. I just remember seeing them and being fucking amazed as they get like 50k a month from patreonbux.
>>
if I want to make a model but don't own a printer, can I hire out the printing to someone else?
>>
>>811274
yes
>>
File: 20210321_192804.jpg (466 KB, 1536x2048)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
Bros help me fix this 3d printer my friend gave me. Software is saying theres an issue with its y axis. Its a da vinci mini maker btw
>>
What the hell does "non-commercial" use mean for modelling software? If I make something of my own design am I still not allowed to sell it anywhere?
>>
>>811775
>>>/diy/2062257
>>811810
Autodesk will come to your house and night and kill your dog if you sell Fusion360 designs without paying.
>>
>>811820
motherfuckers I knew it. Well I guess I'll have to 3d print anti-personnel mines before anything else
>>
my anet a8 shows def after 1 second on l both the extruder and the bed, resetting it does the same. i suspect the mainboard is botched... or is it?

whats wrong
>>
Anyone know where I can find this gem? I saw it on pol. Can't find it anywhere.
>>
File: 1616973737077.png (456 KB, 798x944)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
whoops forgot the photo.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.