[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1.png (989 KB, 1280x720)
989 KB
989 KB PNG
used cycles
took me 5 minutes and some aI upscale
It can't be this easy bros?

my specs are:
intel celeron G1610 dual core
5gb DDR3
no GPU
ssd 60gb
>>
>>789335
>1280x720
This is why it rendered so fast
>>
>>789339
cope
>>
>used cycles
should have used e-cycles
>>
>>789415
>e-cycles
everyday I learn something new
>>
>>789335
Render times depends on so many factors, though.
>>
that's very interesting because it looks more like it was rendered in real time
>>
>>789339
>>789509
Don't listen to these clowns anon. I think it looks quite nice. I wish I could make stuff this good.
>>
>>789530
It's a test scene. OP didn't make it.

OP, you're a fag.
>>
>>789530
>I wish I could make stuff this good.
It's a fucking file that comes for free inside Blender just like the retarded monkey head, idiot
>>
>>789335
Now do it again in EEVEE and the same time limit (5 mins), see what kind of resolution you can get
>>
>>789415
How the living fuck does one use e-cycles? I can't seem to find any tutorials on it and I don't even know what specs are compatible with it.
>>
File: 0545636.jpg (36 KB, 655x527)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>789763
E-cycles is a whole separate branch of blender not an add on
>>
>>789335
Holy shit dude it looks like reality.
>>
>>789335
It looks nice but isn't that impressive. Also depends on the software. You can make really good stuff on Lumion in god tier resolution and detail 5 mins.
>>
>>789763
The E-Cycle devs market it as a faster version of Blender, but it really isn't. Materials will shit thenselves in any lighting conditions with too high or too low contrast (e.g. multiple dim point lights or a very bright rim light), bounce lighting is non-existent & cranking up samples won't solve anything, and volumetrics don't work at all. E-cycles is Cycles turned into a half-assed rasterization engine--It's a weird hybrid of Cycles and Eevee that makes lighting scenes very unpredictable and it makes your shading incompatible with any other renderer other than E-Cycles' version of Cycles.

Just use Eevee with the settings cranked up. There's so much more community-written information on it, materials using the Principled BSDF won't turn to shit if you switch to Cycles or Octane, lighting is at least predictable, and the recent addition of global illumination makes it a lot more realistic.
>>
>>789335
Why does it look like claymation?
>>
>>791809
eevee gives you horrible screen space effects. Even unity hdrp with raytracing enabled is better.
>>
>>791818
Because of the denoiser, I'd say.
>>
>>791836
Must be, on closer inspection edges that should be straight are not quite straight and a lot of things have a lumpy quality to it that contributes to the look. I kind of like it
>>
>>791836
>>791879
That is correct. And try rendering at only 1 sample and denoise it with Intel's denoiser, it kinda looks like a painting. I think one can actually achieve very interesting results with it.
>>
this thread made me realize /3/ is swarmed with newfags and idiots from /v/
>>
>>789335
Why is everything eye-rapingly blurry
>>
>>789335
of course it was easy, it looks like shit

why is it so blurry? even ignoring the 720p it looks like everything is out of focus
>>
I can render that with a pentium xual core
>>
With witch software ?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.