[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1603376591290.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
I've decided to make a feature film with some online friends on a digital backlot without any experience, and I'm really obsessed with crane shots; especially the kind where you start with an establishing shot, then smoothly pan or zoom down to your talent. Can someone explain how or post links to how you do it? The real camera is stationary, so I don't really know how to do the transition. I've seen motion tracking tutorials showing this done, but this particular one didn't go into enough detail for me to understand. Something about UV mapping the tracked footage???
https://youtu.be/RxD6H3ri8RI
Around the 2-minute mark.
pic unrelated.
>>
>>783487
If you need help learning motion tracking in general, you should watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLSGG7sDEac
>>
>>783506
I know how to motion track, my question is how do you create a new camera move and then transition into your composited footage smoothly?
>>
>>783506
>blender for motion tracking
No thanks. There are dedicated tools for that which yield better results.
>>
>>783487
From the video it looks like he leaves the real camera stationary throughout the crane move until he begins the handheld part, then he moves the real camera.

In cg after tracking it he probably makes a second camera, parented to the motion tracked one.
Now you can move the second camera wherever and then when you finish the crane move, return it to 0,0,0 (local space) which is the tracked camera's position (since its parented to it).

Uv mapping the tracked footage just helps the real-life objects have parralax when you move the that second camera.
>>
>>783487
>opening a generic questions thread with your own question
>doing so when a dedicated questions thread already fucking exists
>>772227
undo yourself.
>>
>>783487
Good show of craftsmanship, utterly boring and unimaginative scene.
>>
>>783577
I didn't make it, but it looks really nice.
>>
>>783576
>Thread has a different name
>Still expect people to find it
Sorry not sorry
>>
>>783566
Thanks!
>>
>>783657
You're the new faggot. It's used the same name for years bitch. How fucking hard was it to search for question instead of some arbitrary acronym.
For all your talk about it "not having the right name", you fucked up your own OP anyway by putting your smoothbrained question in the fucking top.
>Questions that don't deserve their own thread
You're sure as fuck yours doesn't deserve its own thread, yet you fucking made one specifically for it.

kys.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Does anyone know how I'd go about making models for 3D Custom Girl? The game uses TAH files for things like objects, clothing and hairstyles. Is there a way I could take models from free 3d sites and convert them to work?

I'm not sure where to start.
>>
>>783487
Where's a good place to find vfx people who will work for free (and are ideally redpilled)?
>>
>>784569
>vfx people who will work for free
there is no such place.
>>
>>784569
a high school? adults don't give away free labor.
>>
>>784569
>Where's a good place to find vfx people who will work for free
Big studios.
>>
>>784569
>vfx people who will work for free
>(and are ideally redpilled)?

you want them to be an incel no top of all that?
>>
>>784578
>>784598
If we're all frens there's no need for money. I'd like to put donations links in the credits, but there are no promises.
>>
File: 1600015717169.jpg (50 KB, 680x423)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Give it to me straight, is there any hope of creating new cgpeers account in the modern days?
I'm in desperate need of Houdini courses and a urban props pack

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.