[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cad4.jpg (33 KB, 700x373)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Does anyone here do CAD work?

I had to learn it for a job. I first picked Fusion360, didn't really like it so I downloaded FreeCad instead. It seemed powerful at first but Jesus fucking Christ, the BUGS. Nothing fucking works, constraints stop working for no reason, boolean operations are RNG, it's unusable
>>
>>778400
currently installing solidworks for school, what am I in for?
>>
>>778400
Just use fusion360

>>778413
Depends what they are going to teach you lol. One of the best programs but you have to know how to achieve the desired effect
>>
>>778413
Constant crashing
>>
Have you tried DesignSpark?
>>
>>778589
No, but from what I've google it sounds like trash. I want more control, not less
>>
>>778400
Just appropriate autodesk inventor or solidworks.
Maybe try space cad if you're more used to traditional modelling, parametric stuff can screw you up if you don't have the right workflow.
>>
>>781217
Disregard space cad...
I think I meant solid edge or space claim. I don't really remember.
I haven't used it myself, had a teacher that used it during lectures while waiting for his own solidworks license. I god mad jelly it looked quicker and easier.
>>
File: Untitled.png (22 KB, 415x150)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>778400
came here to say this.
what a garbage program.
>get Not Responding
>search for solution.
>find forum for program
>"ticket closed fixed in 1.8"
>no solution even under 1.7
this project should die.
>>
>>781221
>I have an opinion
beggars can't be choosers
>>
>>778413
The thousand hours of pain.
But once you get over that it's really fucking nice.
>>
>>778400
>work
nope, just hobbyist. but I once designed 1/28 rc car on solidworks. freecad is buggy, just drop it. I thought fusion 360 is the hype nowadays? prolly cause it's free?
>>
>>781267
>beggars can't be choosers
Do you know where you are?
found this.
https://youtu.be/ZI49VIcISaw
>>
>>781544
>Do you know where you are
Poorfagville
Population: (You)
>>
>>781545
>capitalists can exist through digital content.
dmca cuck.
>>
Trying to get into CAD actually in combination with 3D printing
>>
File: 1603883437678.jpg (2 KB, 125x108)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>778400
>using fusion360 instead of solidworks
I can only assume this is how the rest of the board looks at me for using blender.
>>
>>781738
What's wrong with Fusion?
>>
So after Autodesk killed fusion 360 by gutting a lot of important features from the free version, i am going to jump the ship and use something else.
Anyone here uses solidoworks or inventor? Which of them is most similar to fusion? I really love the fusion workflow and don't want to waste the time i spent learning it so i want to use something similar. So i am going to pirate inventor or solidworks, so that way it won't be possible for the situation to repeat, where autojew just decides to steal stuff from you because their service is cloud based and you can't do anything about it.
>>
>>781305
>using any freemuim subscription software, ever
but why
>>
>>781738
It's just less good for a manufacturing environment. I'd never trust fusion for simulations or drawings.
I was mostly joking though, it's absolutely good enough for 3D printed personal projects, and I'd probably use it more if I didn't already have a solidworks license.
>>
My job is in highway design so I work with Civil 3D a lot. In previous jobs I have used AutoCAD and Revit which mostly involved modelling as-builts from point clouds.

Before I worked in those jobs I tinkered around with software as a bit of a hobbyist - doing buildings and some game items etc. But since doing it as a job I have lost all interest in developing any other 3D skills that doesn't directly benefit my professional life.

I guess like most, employment killed a lot of my hobbies
>>
I just realized I replied to myself.
>>783489 was meant for >>782426.
>>
>>781738
Why ? 90% of the poorfags and underage twinks here use Blunder and even think it's not the garbage it is.
>>
>>783705
>blender = inferior free alternative to the industry standard
>fusion = inferior free alternative to the industry standard
Thus they are equivalent.
>>
>>778400
worked in catia fides solidworks nx autocad ama.
(mostly worked in catia and fides)
>>
>>783708
Except that Fusion is production-proven.
>>
>>783455
Go with Inventor
>>
>>783708
its funny because that statement works for both Fusion 360 and Blackmagic Fusion.
>>
File: train 3.1.png (1.06 MB, 1678x882)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
SolidWorks or bust
>>
blender.
look it up on youtube, people made addons and UI to mimic CAD software.
>>
>>778400
FreeCAD is ok i guess. Compared to Fusion360 it lacks a bunch of things, wich i didn't realize i depended on so much, until after i switched to FreeCAD
> DAG-View doesn't have the features the Fusion timeline has
> holes cannot be moved easily after being placed
> No function to project sketchlines or geometry onto a sketch
> extrude and pocket are two different functions

i wanna go back to fusion360 but it runs poorly on ubuntu
>>
File: tooth.jpg (26 KB, 604x535)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Shot in the dark, but maybe someone here can help me.
I need to find some sort of software that could align and compare two sketches (or two dxf-s,...) and also measure deviation.
I have measurements of a gear (dots) and cad drawing of the gear (solid lines).
And I want to find out the deviation between those two. But before that, they need to be aligned together, in a best fit scenario- where deviations are the smallest. What software should I use?
For example this is what I want, but I need it in 2D, not 3D (0:10 to 0:45):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gPt-ZV2c-k
>>
>>778400
Where can I get decent quality PEPE stl and step files? The best 3D meme I can find is Everything is Fine dog.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.