[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vmg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 24 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

File: showtime.jpg (201 KB, 1401x738)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
what do you think of Maciej Kuciara?
>>
looks like a really good emulation of 2d anime in 3d software.

Not really much else to say.
>>
Technically proficient, artistically inadequate.
>>
>>759618
keepsn talking about her netflix show or whatever. probably never gonna happen
>>
>>759665
was the teaser that he posted today it?
https://youtu.be/8klu345BezU
>>
>>759662
Why?
>>
>super hot stoic ex-military badass heroine
>v-neck jacket, exposed midriff, zebra striped whore leggings
>probably a leet blackhat cyborg hacker too

I've seen this before. Pass.
>>
>>759683
It's very dull, I admit, but that's such a winning combination for me. These genres have been making a comeback, but I think we're going to be past it soon. Dune is probably going to causes the collapse of the film industry.
>>
>>759618
a who now?
>>
File: 831.png (272 KB, 680x566)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>759687
>that's such a winning combination for me
me too anon
>>
>>759683
Why does everyone ex military have to be Rambo? I'm a normal person, not some roided up, super operator. And dystopias are overdone and one dimensional, too.

>>759618
It looks okay, but not entertaining. There's plenty of Indians who will make something similar cheaper.
>>
>>759618
Literally who
>>
File: 81yFThTsHiL.jpg (273 KB, 1400x2131)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>759696
It always helps to be big (and "roided up") if you perform physical tasks.

Furthermore, women have no business being deployed on frontline duty. Again and again it has been a disaster. They barely manage to carry their gear. They can't properly run, let alone climb in gear. They can't drag wounded away if necessary. You can't take them on 6-8 hour patrols were five or six guys are cramped into one vehicle, pissing in bottles if necessary.

Nobody can blame women for it...just the detached upper class planting those things in their heads for decades.
>>
The entire video looked great except her face
>>
>>759728
>>759696
in the real world, those things would matter, but this is supposed to be extraordinary people doing extraordinary things
people that make these arguments are the people who buy farming simulator
>>
>>759662
I kind of have to agree. Like for example that Showtime short looks exceptional, really has tons of detail that makes it feel like a 2D anime (more so in the environments than characters). But the short film itself is just a bunch of pointless, messy quick cuts of a girl and guys shooting guns at each other. There's not really any choreography or artistic drive behind the action. Just visually neat nothingness.
>>
>>759618
I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's so fucking annoying. Full of Gamma Squirt Energy.
Very skilled but can't teach for shit
>>
>>759728
I meant artistically, not autistically. Civilians love those memes that are only occasionally true, because they sound generally true, based and redpilled and offtopic.

>>759736
MCs with paralysed faces and bodybuilder bodies aren't very interesting to look at.
>>
>>759666
Idk I checked ig like 6 months ago and it seemed like it had been teased for years
>>
>>759666
music is dope af
holy shit
>>
what software is this?
>>
>>759888
He uses 3ds Max + V-Ray.
>>
>>759888
>vray
where is the proofs?
>>
File: 1582301233806.jpg (70 KB, 998x674)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>759898
in here
>>
>>759898
https://maciej.artstation.com/projects/9JJKR
>Experimental 3d shader in 3ds Max + V-Ray, trying to create my very own anime look purely in 3d.
https://maciej.artstation.com/projects/roK46
>Same shader as in previous posts but used on character I developed for my IP - Showtime.
>>
>>759888
why do you need so much topology for something so basic?
>>
>>759911
Dont know. Would be a bitch to animate and render.
>>
>>759911
>>759912
It's an subdived mesh you retards.
>>
>>759976
Well duh. Point still stands.
>>
>>759977
You are retarded
>>
>>759618
Weird name.
>>
>>759978
Half the polys literally add nothing to the silhouette. He didn't even shape the hair better and just let it hang like a doll. Go be a moron elsewhere.
>>
>>759985
>what is a render count
Not him, but please go be a dense blendoid somewhere else.
>>
>>759985
look, a typical blendlet
>>
>>760038
>>760172

Didn't refute anything said and add insult. How will I live it down.
>>
>>760210
You'll never notice with your low IQ
>>
I'm a dumbass and am asking in good faith.
Could you use CG to get that "oldschool grungy 90's anime" look without it nuking your PC?

This dude seems to have the look of the models down with his cell shading.

Stuff still needed to consider:

Handpainted backgrounds.
For watercolors I've noticed Dreams for the PS4 has these sequences where they mimic watercolor pretty well.
Look in this IGN review, you'll know it when you see it :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUAKG9gCoIk

For the more detailed , Akira style building landscapes, I dunno, some sort of subtle depth of field and a bit of distance-based film grain would make it look convincing.

The nightmare would be the off-model stretches and warps that the characters have.
I know the Guilty Gear guys spend a shit-ton of time hand-animating all those, and they knew beforehand what angles the camera would film from.
I know algorithm-based animation blending exists for things like breathing, different-character states like "tired" , maybe have one add those micro-faults? (I am dumb here, please educate me)
>>
>>761109
Continued:
On a related note, could you get an 80's saturday-morning cartoon look?
Like here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM
(The subject of the animation is hilariously gay.....but I guess they were riffing on he-man?)

I noticed those people managed the flat shading look pretty well. That Planet turnaround at the beggining looks REALLY good. But I think they still "cheated" and had handpainted backgrounds for a lot of shots.
>>
>>761110
>hilariously gay
fitting description
>>
>>761110
>they still "cheated" and had handpainted backgrounds for a lot of shots.
That's not cheating, that's how a lot of this is still accomplished today. Having good matte and BG artists is essential.
>>
>>761170
Oh no, I phrased it incorrectly, my bad.
I meant, let's say you have like, a video game environment. You can make skyboxes for like, the distant buildings, landscapes and the like.
But, if you wanted to make such an environment in actual 3d space , how would you go around to make it look convincing like a painted background.
Obviously, you can't get it 100% right, since backgrounds can be incredibly detailed and still be a static image, and with , let's say a 3d city scape you'd be limited in ammount of details you can cram in.
>>
>>761176
well, you could put all the animated objects on their own render layer, and then do the background and setting in another. do some compositing to blur (and whatever else is needed to get the effect) everything in the background layer.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.