[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 0.jpg (36 KB, 1024x576)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
WTF is with the weird fucking obsession with Blender on this site? This website is spammed down with "hurrr durr blenda sux dixxx" comments from users who probably haven't been in the 3d industry for more than 2 years and think they're the shit because they use 3dsm without branching out to other programs.

If you're a person with an iq above that of a fucking potato you'd realize that you use whatever tool your need for the specific job you're doing. Any low iq chimplets start screaming "hurr durr blendfag!!!" in the comments I started with max and branched out to learning blender as well after a few years. I found that for general hard surface stuff I work a lot faster with the old 2.7x hot key layout than I do in max. But again, there's certain shit that max just does better although I prefer Blender for casual work outside of my job.

I've found that arrogance in general is a big problem in the 3d world and as you'll probably see some chimplet examples of in the comments below.

Sadly this isn't limited to /3/, all forums have problems with basedboy beta bitches acting like tough guys online. It's not hard to have a civil discussion online and if you're incapable of doing so then you have some type of mental disability which is why you lurk here.
>>
>arrogance
No one cares about you at all. I mean it. No. One. Cares. About. You. The arrogance in the 3D community is propped up by skillsets to each individual. Prove you are adept and skilled in your areas of expertise, and you will more or less be respected regardless of the program you use. I make fun of Blender specifically because it irks you, makes you mad, and gets your panties in a twist. It's funny to me. But any exceptional artist will know that words don't really matter, and the end result does. You getting butthurt just makes me find it funnier, that someone could get so upset over their use of a mediocre software that they need to outright defend its "honor" like a corporate simp. It's hilarious.

You don't matter. You are a loser and make poop art. You probably will never matter. But you definitely won't matter as long as you keep giving a shit about people online who make jabs at you. Cyberbullying isn't real - turn the internet off lmao.
>>
I thank OP, who is a faggot, for this thread, for otherwise this post >>758942 wouldn't have been made.
>>
>a thread died for this
F
>>
>>758929

Because blender users are a fucking pain in the ass. They are hated absolutely everywhere, but only on this board are we allowed to talk back to them. CG forums are too civilized but I can assure you everybody hates blendies.

As for Blender, it's fine if you got the addons. But it's not better than Max/Maya/Houdini.
>>
>>758929

>Create multiple threads about how blendaaah is destroying the competition

>Flood every 3ds max and maya youtube comment section with fanboyish crap

>Proud of useless features and features that existed in previous software before

>Refuse to admit the software's shortcomings, blaming the user instead for not coming up with ridiculous workarounds

Blender might be shit, but it's fanbase is a thousand times worse
>>
>>758942
Not gonna read that entire post you fucking faggot.
>>
Elitism is fucking retarded, this is the adult version of "my toy is better", you look like fucking children.
>>
>>758975
>wants to be treated like an adult
>won't read big boi words
Lol.
>>
>>758977
Not wasting my time on some kid who's played around with 3d software for a few years and thinks he's king shit you fucking idiot.
>>
>>758980

t.Seething blendlet
>>
>>758980
Haha cope and seethe lol. Seems like you already read it, otherwise how would you know to skip? hahahaha
>>
>>758929
Because the people who claim Blender's the end all, be all are legitimately retarded.

That said, I absolutely hate fucking shill threads in general and 9 times out of 10, any thread I see talking about a specific program, be it Blender, Maya, zBrush, whatever, it's always "my program's better than your program!" And often it's either the Blendertards or the C4Dfags who say it.

I've always been under the belief that people use multiple programs to utilize their needs, and that Blender can easily be used as a cog. But apparently that's not the case according to the retards who are blind that Blender has its issues. Sure from what I've read, Maya's got shitty modelling tools and 3DS's an outdated piece of shit, but Blender's trying to be a jack of all trades and only succeeding in like 1 or 2 of them while barely passing another 5-6 and failing in many other areas. Do we really need a video editor? Also Cycles is still way too poorly optimized for what is ultimately lackluster result unless you up the settings. The animation tools are still a clusterfuck with no sign of improvement, rigging weight painting turned to shit with the 2.8 releases and the foundation's bias towards Nividia GPUs than to Intel or AMD ones is strong.

Do I think Blender users can make decent art? Sure, the problem is that most of it looks like shit and anything that isn't is in the small minority.

tl;dr: Blender is a highly flawed program, but the real issue is the fucktarded fanbase.
>>
watch out we got a blender mega pro here
>>
File: blender symbol.jpg (35 KB, 400x453)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>758929
>WTF is with the weird fucking obsession with Blender on this site?
I'm pretty convinced at this point that it's just the work of several butthurt jews doing the bashing, and perceiving Blender as a microcosm of White nationalism or something. Crazy, I know. But consider that besides the obvious fact that it's an emergent free piece of software that's managing to nip away at big players in the 3D software industry (or at the very least, catching their attention), and that most its user base seems to be predominantly of Scandinavian/European origin when compared to others' in the industry (according to Google Trends), the Blender Foundation is the only organization so far that hasn't publicly pledged their allegiance to (((BLM))) on social media, in comparison to Pixologic and Autodesk who have already bent a knee to the marxist group last month, showing where they truly stand in today's brave new world.

If I were a jew with an agenda, I'd definitely consider these non-kosher facts and aggressively kvetch all day about Blender, and project all my acts of aggression and fanaticism on its users. So that in the end, those that don't respond to the trolling just have to sit there and accept the criticism (like Whites have to do most of the time), while those that do defend their position are accused of promoting "software supremacy" on the website and deserve to be ridiculed. All just to make the discussion about the software and the use of it unpalatable to those that are outside looking in.

The same exact kind of gaslighting is happening right now with Whites in America. Why? Because the jews perceive them as the greatest threat to their strangehold, just like Blender right now has the potential to make the big players in the 3D industry lose a lot of money perhaps in the near future. Hence the constant attacks. It all makes sense when you see it that way.
>>
File: 1589702338227.jpg (61 KB, 567x636)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>759065
>>
>>759065
Isn't Ton Roosendaal Jewish?!
>>
Lmao i see more people hating on the circlejerk than the actual blender circlejerk
>>
>>759102
This. They also kinda brought it on themselves by being snobs about paying a second rent for max/maya for so many years and now that Blender is getting more recognition, they're playing the victim card.
>>
I find it weird the daz generals on this board are the most peaceful
>>
File: 1380311595610.jpg (29 KB, 404x267)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
answer:
[spoiler]undergrad lunch table[/spoiler]
>>
>>759116
>paying
HAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>759127
Regardless if they actually paid, most hinge their whole argument on that because Blender is free and open source, it simply can't be better than "professional" software that costs the price of a small car to license.

It's funny because as a former Max user, I've seen features get stripped out to become paid plugins and many simple issues like 4K support be completely ignored for years, while people on the forums are just told to deal with it.
>>
Y'all need to take your meds
>>
>>759129
>most hinge their whole argument on that
That's simply bullshit, lmao. The reasons are technical and have to do with the many features that Blender lacks, and that are needed in production.
>>
>>758929
Blendlets have to be some of the worst people on this site, on level with trump voters and all the other fucking morons.
>>
>>759147
Did you even read the op? You are the problem, fuck off.
>>
>>759147
I though blendlets are commies? Anyway, fuck you for bringing politics into this.
>>
>>758977
>big boi words
Gonna have to bite this obvious bait.
no professional talks in that matter. It's only here people are toxic on the level of a women with BPD. In the real world normiesphere you're told to put in hard work, never give up, and to not associate with haters who just drag you down. This board is a bastion of seethe and mental illness.
>>
>>759129
>because Blender is free and open source, it simply can't be better than "professional" software that costs the price of a small car to license.
This place has had that thread before at least once, though. Just pirate it, and say you used Blender afterwards, noone will know, and if they do, you should have made enough by then to buy their silly license or fill out the student form again with an Indian name.
>Yas, this is Ravi corling abot ranue my zebrash. I cen ranue?
>>
>>759172
Stay mad. You have obviously never dealt with actual "professionals", lmao. Next time reply with a focus on the point instead of crying about how it's typed. :)
>>
>>759189
This is not true, you can get in big problems if you just use cracked software professionally (as a freelancer) and they CAN find it out. Don't mislead people like that.
>>
>>759259
You'll make fine abusive housewife one day. Hope you enjoy getting smacked around by another tranny :) :) XD
>>
>>759259
>LOLOL I TROLL U BLENDLETS I LOVE MAKING PEOPLE MAD IS FUNNI XO
>IMMA BIG BOI
Wow you're an immature child. Great point there.
>>
>>759280
>>759281
Respond to the initial reply like a big boi who isn't scared of finding out he's mediocre, or stop crying about "troll posting", lmao. Great pilpul though, you are a dense funny animal and it's hilarious to toy with you. Dumb people are so funny, lol.
>>
>>758942
Nice wall of text for someone who doesn't care, faggot :^)
>>
>>759300
You're starting to break like a good little slut. Nice. I knew you couldn't hold out for long.
>>
>>758929
The obsession stems from hype which stems from easily availability to beginners and poorfags. Someone who appreciates 3DCG would just be happy about this. Someone afraid of competition, or just mentally unhinged, would be angry about this.
You also clearly don't understand anything if you don't realize the software debate is limited to the few programs that are nearly identical, and would never be switched between for specific jobs.
>>
>>759300
Holy shit dude you're a crazy narcissist "me me me me" lol get the fuck out of here before I rape you in the mouth irl and not in minecraft.
>>
>>759316
I care about you a lot!
>>759306
>>759324
heh better luck next time diaperfags.
>>
File: cyber.png (20 KB, 464x212)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>758942
>>
File: 1516422856198.jpg (96 KB, 792x558)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
I enjoy these posts because it's hilarious how they make the "professionals" on this board look even more retarded than the worst Blender fanboi
>>
>>758929
because it's the future
it will surpass everything

I will never use it because Z IS FUCKING UP

FUCK
>>
>>759592
>because it's the future
it will surpass everything

In your minds it will. Autodesk and Pixologic will simply add those new features in their software and make it better. People will keep using Maya because their pipeline is built around it and it's an amazing software no matter how much blendlets deny it.
>>
File: BrainletHd.jpg (15 KB, 635x542)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>758929
great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss programms
>>
>>759603
Not even once have I got an answer on this board when I had a question about the workflow or something art related. People here only discuss about software and technicalities, which kinda explains everything.
>>
>>759605
Try posting in the wip or questions thread instead of a troll thread
>>
>>759630
That's where I always post
>>
This blendafag pain...
>>
>>759092
He's dutch not jewish irrc
>>
Fuck blender and it's cancer userbase. They praise blender because there's a tutorial available for everything blender related and their low IQ brain is incapable of achieving all these things in a software other than blender hence they keep praising it. Blender this, blender that..nigga fuck blender and it's not making it into industry EVER but these retards don't care because all they do is follow a tutorial and make some stupid shit and put that onto their fagstation or slutstagram and BOOM suddenly they're 3d """"'artists""""". I saw this faggot on YouTube comments who was criticising a really good CGI sequence done in C4D by rating it 3/10 and how a "Blender user can achieve BETTER with just one year of experience" and he also linked some vid which he thought was"professional" which was literally a fucking poorly modelled Corvette in blender with worst rigging I've ever seen and his own work was equivalent to shit i used to make when I got into 3d and guess what it said on his instagram that he fucking posted in comments being a poser as all of these blendtards? "3D ARTIST". Yeah, artist my ass. fuck blender. Only low IQ basement dwellers use Blender and fuck that Australian twink for literally spreading this cancer "software" to each and every fag on this earth. fuck blender.
>>
>>760188
holy fucking based by the hand of God Himself
>>
>>759927

He's a dutch jew. Roosendaal is the dutch version of Rosenthal (which is the english version of Rosentul).
>>
File: pajj.jpg (232 KB, 800x600)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>760188

BASED
>>
>>760204
>Rosenthal (which is the english version of Rosentul).
no it isn't. it's a german surname, americuck.
>>
>>760188
umad bro ?
>>
>>758929
It's a Jewish mind trick pushed by (((Rosenberg))) and his tranny mindbenders to control and sissify all zoomers, ultimately making them cut their dicks off and end the white race.
>>
>>758972
what makes blender users annoying? I'm not on CG forums, I just use it to build cool stuff because its so easy to jump into without the bullcrap Autodesk makes you do to get started, and yes I've worked with XSI and Maya, I'd say Blender's more like a swiss army knife; portable and has what you need but doesn't replace the heavy stuff
>>
>>760188
who cares
most Blendlets are 14 year old wankers jobbing at grocery store and deluding themselves they will work in 3d one day
>>
>>758942
fpbp

go eat a black dick modeled in Blender, OP.
>>
>>758942
you sound like a terrible person to be around
>>
I see many perpetual debt users here who can't stand a wave of users enjoying a free community driven software. Also beginners are annoying everywhere.
>>
>>760188
autodesk slave detected
>>
Industryfags work in absolute hell, of course they're bitter at hobbyists making bank with subpar furry models and poorly done cooms.
Slaves always envy the free.
>>
File: ddf.jpg (361 KB, 500x833)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>758929
Blender is hope, future and free market.
Cubicle onions consumers don't like that kind of freedom and optimism.
>>
>>758942
holy based
>>
>>758929
>I've found that arrogance in general is a big problem in the 3d world
This moron thinks this is only limited to 3D stuff. Lol.
>>
>>759603
nice quote from a presidents wife lmao
>>
>>759065
>and that most its user base seems to be predominantly of Scandinavian/European origin when compared to others' in the industry
All the German 3D animators I know use Maya
>>
>>758929
It is like apple vs android(or samsung, since that is what apple users only know)

They are protecting a brand because they soend their money on it and cultulized on that.

It is like me protecting wallmart because someone called it a bad store, everyone would call me an idiot.

That is what everyone sees when people idolise a brand xD
>>
>>758929
>I've found that arrogance in general is a big problem in the 3d world and as you'll probably see some chimplet examples of in the comments below.
Literally in every aspect of life nowadays. Welcome to the 21st century, where fat people are proud to have poor impulse control and unskilled sonic OC faggots are proud for their recoloured characters.
The west can't crash quickly enough. That might put people off their high horse and make them productive again.
>>
>>759189
>student form
Don't they have an external company checking up the legitimacy on student requests now?
>>
>>763466
The gaming industry and the fandom/hobbyists surrounding it is particularly toxic.
>>
>>763434
It's more akin to Canadian/rest of civilized world healtcare vs USA healtcare. But you can't hack your way into a US hospital.

One is free and does the job.
The other is very expensive, and is the best product. You'll see Americans defend their healthcare even if they can't afford it, and shit on the Canadian one. You'll see Canadians shit on their own system when they can't even afford the american one.

People are just stupid.
>>
>>763477
>One is free
Stopped reading.
>>
>>763477
This post is so retarded it actually lowers your IQ just by reading it
>>
>>763540
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

the fucking cognitive dissonance of these prolapsed autocucks is life giving.
PS. your never going to be good enough at CG to justify the difference in the programs capabilities.
>>
>>765893
>t. retard
>>
>>758942
Post ur work.
>>
>>759122
fuck off /v/ tourist
>>
>>763477
>american healthcare
>good
>maya/max
>good
both of them are several decades out of date and only used because of boomers who can't adapt to change
>>
Blender offers a waaaay more consistent experience and logical setup compared to Max/Maya. It's also free, and open source.

On the other hand, Max and Maya can handle much larger scenes, and models with far more polygons, then Blender. This is the primary reason why film studios are sticking to Maya and Max: performance.

Also, Blenders UVs and paint system need to be overhauled. They're still quite far behind their paid-for competition (Rizom UV and Substance Painter / 3D-Coat).
>>
File: 1473439431666.jpg (97 KB, 358x477)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>765910
Undergrad detected
>>
>>758942
Fpbp
>>
>>759121
it's just coomers cooming in peace
>>
>>767205
>coomers cooming in peace
Is that what enlightenment looks like?
>>
>>758990
Yeah this is pretty much what I was thinking. Blender is fine but when blender users always make fun of other programs it was only a matter of time before the community became split between butthurt elitists and smug blendies

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.