[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vmg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

File: mixer yogi.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Welcome to the Blender General, where we discuss Blender, share our Blender-related works and ask for Blender-related help.

>What is Blender?
Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, video editing and 2D animation pipeline.

>Download
https://www.blender.org/download/

>Blender Market
https://blendermarket.com/

>Documentation
https://docs.blender.org/

>Useful tutorials
https://pastebin.com/tKhxuTJu

>Useful addons
https://pastebin.com/mMZqukF1

Previous Thread: >>754822
>>
>>757490
Yes, but they're going to be labour intensive for what you're trying to achieve. Just select the vertices at the edge of your surface, and move them inwards, and move some others outwards so that the surface is being pushed in. Do this in a shapekey if you don't want it to be permanent.
>>
>>757504
The topology of the clothes don't match the topology of the body though.
>>
>>757505
if you don't have the topology you're going to struggle to do it whatever you do, so you should make the topology
>>
>>757505
If you want it to do it nice and smoothly, you should have the topo for it, but if you don't you should still be able to manage by moving around what you do have. All you're doing is depressing the soft object with the tight object, and pushing that mass elsewhere.

Look at your trousers squeezing your tummy slightly, irl.
>>
File: example.png (67 KB, 675x722)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>757505
This is literally all you're doing. Post the section you're working on, and I'll see if I can't help.
>>
This general is way better. Doesn't come with that stupid ass faggot opinion in the OP
>>
>>757542
delicious polymodeler butthurt
>>
>>757501
Why is Andrew the face of blender? He is not even a dev.
>>
>>757594
practically every blenderer goes through based doughnut man's tutorials so he's most associated with it
>>
>>757501
Anyone here use Octane? What is your experience with it?
>>
>>757615
I did and wrote about it here multiple times. I think I'll come back to Cycles for my current project though. Combination of a new viewport denoising + Eevee is better than ever before while working on the scene + when I'm stuck or want to learn how to do something, a tutorial for Cycles probably exists, while I'm on my own when it comes to Blender's Octane + settings for Octane in Blender are still kinda messy and some things don't seem to work properly like HDRIs + only a few types of lights (no directional light for sun) became annoying to work with. And in terms of a speed, I actually don't see that much of a difference, it may have been more of a placebo after all. Octane still wins in my eyes in certain things like volumes and SSS, but oh well, can't get everything I guess.
>>
>>757618
Volumetrics and speed are the main reasons I'm interested in Octane, but the prospect of remaking my materials (and possibly failing at it, I'm retarded) and porting materials of every downloaded Blender model I may want to use in the future daunts me.
Octane's native cel shading capabilities look pretty nice and relatively headache and node spaghetti-free, which is also tempting for me.
>>
File: tutorial_merchant.gif (3.74 MB, 400x400)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB GIF
>>757594
He's blenders No. 1 tutorial merchant
>>
>>757594
He'a a blenderguru, same with sexguru giving advices while looking like pic related.
>>
>>757629
Oh yes, that too, I started using that Skethfab addon for previz and everything is set up for Cycles obviously. Also Megascans, which also works only with Cycles. I'd lose too much time having to convert all the mats for Octane. Hey it's free after all, you can always play around with it and see if it'll work with you. I was hyping it a lot here recently but I still went back.

Redshift plugin was also introduced to Blender and even though I always wanted to try it, if the workflow will be kinda messy like Octane, then I won't bother.
>>
Anyone know how to recreate the windows 95 maze but with custom image on the wall?

Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZEa_zx80pk

Is blender even necessary? I feel like there's a much easier way. I'm sure it's pretty easy for a seasoned blender user to make but for someone that has never 3d modeled before it looks hard.
>>
>>757693
>Is blender even necessary? I feel like there's a much easier way. I'm sure it's pretty easy for a seasoned blender user to make but for someone that has never 3d modeled before it looks hard.
You /threaded your own post.
Question is, are you willing to learn to work a 3D program completely from scratch just for this? Be aware that pretty much all 3DCG software, not just Blender is very hard to learn, the curve is extremely steep and you're probably gonna lack the motivation to overcome it if you tunnelvision this specific goal.
What I mean is, you gotta keep in mind this is pretty much an entire artform, and you progress by picking up tools and understanding how stuff works. Keep your motivation and will alive and don't give up if things don't go your way right from the get go.
>>
File: Nodes.png (212 KB, 1444x940)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>757501
I have a material that looks basically like pic related. It has a main shader, and I want to apply "decals" on top of it. I want them on separate UV maps with their own textures to have them detailed enough and to be able to change textures and adjust their placement easily.
As you can see, it gets messy very quickly.
Is there a way to make it more manageable? And is there a way to make it so I can turn on and off the decals independently?
>>
>>757802
For your first problem, I'd put it on a separate material and you want a transparent bsdf node. The donut exchange keks did a good write up on it, that you'll find by searching "transparent bsdf node decals". For housekeeping, you can tidy that up a lot just by uncrossing your shader inputs, and minimising the nodes you don't intend to change further.

>And is there a way to make it so I can turn on and off the decals independently?
In Blender render, it would be easy, you would just go into transparency settings and stick a driver on it. There is probably a way to do it with drivers in cycles, too, but I can't figure out how to off of the top of my head. Hopefully someone else chimes in.
>>
>>757693
That would take me like 5 minutes to do.
>>
>>757774
i'm not going to be making anything else after i make this one video
>>757822
please tell me how
>>
File: m_lady.png (978 KB, 1920x1040)
978 KB
978 KB PNG
>>757830
pay me faggot, j/k
i used planes, but you could modify the default cube by deleting some of its faces
basically you need to make a |_| shape as well as some corner shapes, but the |_| shape is your main shape and you can use an array modifier to repeat it
when you want to make a turn, put in one of your turn objects and then duplicate the wall that has the array modifier already enabled, rotate it, and voila
i highly recommend uv unwrapping all of your objects and using a single image texture. select a face in edit mode, and that face will appear in the uv editor. move it around to the part of the image that contains the pixels for the floor, and then select the other faces and move them to the part of the image with your wall textures (i'll post my texture so this part makes sense)
all you need is a texture coordinate node plugged into a image texture plugged into a diffuse or pbsdf and then into the material output node
for the animation, parent a light above the camera
also, did i mention that everything should be aligned to the grid to make placing objects very simple, and you can use whole numbers in the object panel e.g. x is 0, y is 0, and z is 1 for the camera's starting position, the light's starting position is 0,0,2 (assuming you want the "character" to be holding a torch and for the end of the hallways to fade into darkness)
>>
File: tex.png (1.12 MB, 1024x1024)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>757833
the image texture i used for the walls
>>
>>757833
>>757834
i love you bro
>>
>>757882
actually it is dutch and russian (i think dutch just like russian drugs and tricolore)

https://youtu.be/bDTEvqG-cjM
>>
is there a way to see the result of a node
i can connect it to a diffuse shader, just wondering if there's another way
>>
>>757885
Enable the node wrangler add-on and ctrl+shift+click your node
>>
>>757887
oh god finally thank you
>>
>>757885
>>757887
>>757889
>https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/render/shader_nodes/shader/emission.html
>For materials, a value of 1.0 will ensure that the object in the image has the exact same color as the Color input, i.e. make it ‘shadeless’.

TIL
>>
File: shilling.jpg (103 KB, 540x538)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Can you fuck off
>>
File: 1594851209477.png (179 KB, 1629x1055)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>757501
so i finished rendering on level 1 but there's mothing in compositive.
>>
>>757960
click "use nodes" dingus
>>
File: 1594851209477.png (1.01 MB, 1920x1055)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>757960
Something weird happened it just black after texture paint
>>
>>757501
I have not touched blender in months after learning it and getting pretty decent. Help
>>
having trouble making a wrecking ball. when i rotate the whole thing and press play the links act the way i want them to but the ball at the end just falls straight downward. advice?
>>
File: ton.jpg (159 KB, 1030x551)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
UH OH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlB2S54pa9I&feature=youtu.be&t=836

What he means here was probably the company of MarvelousDesigner going after Pablo since he mentioned something like "MD-like functionality" when showing off his cloth brush stuff in some Twatter post or in the dev talk.
Seems like all those big players are now actively looking for legal clumsiness to fuck with Blender this way.

They also no remove talk about other non-free software and screenshots in the Blender forums because of this copyrightfaggotry.
>>
>>759310
PABLO, NO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlB2S54pa9I&feature=youtu.be&t=1877
>>
>>759310
lol, first the move to subscription-only and now this. The MD team is coming out as a bunch of pricks.
>>
>>759327
>>759310
Does MD still do the thing where,
>sewing together something like a tshirt
>specify the density of mesh
>retopologize tool
The end result is still a complete nightmare around the sew lines. Tried this on the 2019 version and was a bit let down. Wanted to have realish UV maps that would result like sewing actual pieces of fabric together. Purpose was to use realistic pattern textures and not have to deal with unwrap inconsistencies.

Ended up having to retopo the entire damn thing anyway. The horizontal lines just didn't line up and would have spent the same amount of time removing all the seam area broken verts. Hopefully, I worded this correctly. Dreading filling out the 5min recaptcha.
>>
>>759327
I wonder when Adobe will buy out MD.
You know it will happen at some point.
>>
>>759310
blendler will forever stand in the shadows of much better applications.
>>
File: principled_energy.png (1.19 MB, 3440x2748)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>757802

Not an answer to the Q and not sure if anyone cares but saw the pic and thought I'd share: Those of you aiming for serious realism in materials should consider building a custom dielectric shader....Principled BSDF violates energy conservation. See pic and link below.

https://devtalk.blender.org/t/cycles-principled-bsdf-violating-energy-conservation/10828
>>
>>759383
cool story bro
>>
File: 1591412261230.jpg (39 KB, 925x662)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>759390
thanks, eternal hobbyist
>>
File: 14678528762.jpg (54 KB, 375x396)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>759392
no, NO! I have to thank YOU for the (You).
>>
>>759310
oh shit, guess blender finally reached the point where the big guys get kinda angry about it
>>
>>759310
The video has been cut so the time link does not point to the right spot anymore.
This one works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlB2S54pa9I&feature=youtu.be&t=509
>>
>>759310
industry standard by 2021 confirmed
>>
File: 1587421041148.png (381 KB, 625x573)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>759327

And I love them for that. Fuck blender.
>>
File: 1590875754802.png (787 KB, 1388x2300)
787 KB
787 KB PNG
>>759383

Based
>>
Has anyone tried 2.9 yet?
>>
>>759922
Using it right now.

Uhh, it's blender but with more features. Go download it.
>>
>>759310
>zbrushcoremini
>maya indie
>now this

honestly couldn't be a bigger smoke signal that they're worried.

I'm kind of impressed, like a lot of blender's momentum in public image lately has been about how fast things are progressing and the future potential, not necessarily what's there right now so showing people that you're threatened is kind of the wrong move.
>>
>>759928
>showing people that you're threatened is kind of the wrong move.
I don't know, I think MD's afraid, and this is the wrong move from MD. The fact that people have to tell eachother not to piss off the big companies by using their names where there's a similar result just shows just how far it's come, and how viable a program it is now.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (121 KB, 2045x983)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
How to fix this in Fly/Walk mode?
It seems like the camera clips.
>>
>>760023
Did you try lowering the clip start?

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/4946/where-can-the-viewport-clipping-parameters-be-changed
>>
File: Capture.png (1.11 MB, 1008x1194)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>760027
Thanks.
How come when I add Bump vector my terrain gets these black spots. I tried putting strength down but they won't go away.
>>
>>760030
The input for bump textures is the height input.
>>
>>760031
damn. thanks.
>>
How can I make skindentation?
>>
>>760033
Mask a ring around the thigh, invert it, smooth and sculpt away
>>
>I..I must hold my face into camera to get Youtube bucks...?
>>
>>760051
Blender tubers still haven't found the secret sauce to get clickbait views yet, the closest they got was CG Geek copying a Bob Ross painting in 3D and Ian Hubert's short tuts.
>>
Is there a reason for a particular bone not inheriting the rotation from its parent?
>>
>>760069
Wait Im stupid. I had it disabled in the bones options lol
>>
>>760050
Decrease number of thread srsly
>>
>>760055
There's a bunch of channels popping up dedicated to
WOW NEW BLENDER 2.XX FEATURES OMG
And stuff like that, they're pretty infuriating especially when it takes them 10 minutes to read some short release notes.
>>
>>760097
>when it takes them 10 minutes to read some short release notes.
That is intentional.
For one, YT only enables ads after the 10 minute mark and two, you not only get paid by clicks but more importantly by watch time. So the result you're getting now is tons of blatant clickbaiting in combination with stretched out drivel that barely leads to some information somewhere around the end of the video (and inbetween the words about the ~sponsor~).
>>
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I don't know where else to ask. I want to learn how to make NSFW animations with Blender, but I'm pretty lost and can't find any kind of guidance. Could someone help me with some guide or something?
>>
>>760452
You have to learn SFW then you'll be able to make NSFW.
There is no shortcut, there is no "but I only want to do x so I'm only going to learn x", go to cgpersia or some other pirate site and steal a full tutorial series and do that.
>>
>>760452
If you just want to do animations there are rigged models out there for you, not very good ones though, from my experience. Then just learn about the 12 principles of animation and do some basic beginner stuff from youtube tutorials. I found this one account very helpful for both: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR4oFFjKQKHj_fCOkBLH61w/videos

Don't do everything from modelling to texturing to rigging unless you really, really want to, it will take a lot of time and drain you.
>>
What's the quickest way to retopologize sculpts?
>>
>>761113
pay somebody who is very fast to do it for you.
>>
>>761113
>>761134
>Fast
>Good
>Cheap

Pick two.

Personally I'm currently giving the Topogun 3 beta a try, it's $100 but seems nice for the job.
patch tool is nice, but also just drawing the topology on the mesh and have it automatically created.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tgtS1uAMnc

for just blender you gotta set up shrinkwrap modifiers, face surface snapping and new topo mesh visilibilty to be in front and extrude things out and connect everything.
There are a few tutorials on YT. It's tedious but also works.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.