[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: silicon.jpg (734 KB, 1280x1702)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
Can someone tell me what guides to read and what programs to use to render in a style like old Silicon Graphics? I've tried to find a download for Maya 6.5 to run through a VM but I can't find one anywhere. I seriously love the aesthetic and wanna learn how to replicate it. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>755049
We got another one folks.
Don't forget to mark your /3/ Bingo cards.
>>
>>755049
Those were done in Alias/PA, either version 5.0 or 6.0
You need IRIX to run these. Good luck finding a cracked version of Alias since activating a legal copy isn't possible anymore.
>>
>>755049
it's not the software. you can achieve the same look by working towards limiting the standard render configuration. it is set to be as 'realistic' as possible. shaders etc. are a hindrance in trying to make things look 'retro' ... they are designed for the current desires of physically real materials. you have to try to work back towards garoud sading, flat shading. it's not as easy as it might seem. but i'm a retard and only mess around a little.
>>
ooh boy it's this thread again
just use 3DS Max like you have no idea what you're doing
gamma correction? what is that?
color spaces? what are those?
>>
I don't think any of the major ones support phong shading anymore. get an older version of blender, and you can make it pretty easily. The only problem with old blender is that navigation was a bitch and a half.
>>
>>755421
Sure they do.
Maya, Max, C4d they still all have ancient legacy renderers which can render phong.
>>
>>755421
Like >>755427 said, most 3D packages have legacy options for that. I also wrote a Phong shader node for practice last year(not for blender).

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.