[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ewq.jpg (73 KB, 1273x719)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
THIS is peak level modeling and animation, how can I achieve this?
>>
be the best you can be
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
Just do itâ„¢
>>
>>751293
in all honesty I'd love to watch a doc on the production of that movie
>>
>>751312
You have the next best thing if you watch the 'Jeff Lew Character Animation DVD' he made.

It's for a program called 'power animator' or something like that but the things he cover is valid in any program pretty much, was where I got my first in on animation back in the day.
He later became both famous and infamous for being responsible for Neo vs Agent Smith's scene in Matrix Reloaded.
>>
>>751318
>power animator
Actually Hash Inc. Animation:Master, another 3D tool around since the 80s. Still under development today. It was never that "big" but found it's niche. It was easy to pick up(easier than say SoftImage or 3D Studio at the time) and it did cost a fraction of other 3D packages. Its interface never advanced that much over initial releases and could be considered archaic.
It's noticeable for not supporting poly modeling out of the box but has a proprietary spline patch modeler allowing for some unique topology. A bit like the earlier versions of Wavefront Alias, but the modeler in A:M isn't NURBS-based.

https://www.hash.com/
>>
>>751293
you can not achieve this, the amount of time to learn the basics of being this good span past beyond a human life time
>>
>>751362
rather than meming about how 'it can't be achieved' pretending it is very feisable the Killer Bean movie should be a warning to some people on this board.
It took an experienced and fairly talented animator 5 years to make the Killer Bean movie alone.

And that does not include time spent learning what to do, by then he had already made 2 animated shortfilms and worked on major blockbuster movies.
In the end it doesn't look like much but for one man it's a gargantuan achievement to follow thru on such a behemoth undertaking.
>>
>>751364
eat my shit, faggot
>>
File: stepup.png (71 KB, 272x272)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>751364
>And that does not include time spent learning what to do, by then he had already made 2 animated shortfilms and worked on major blockbuster movies.
>In the end it doesn't look like much but for one man it's a gargantuan achievement to follow thru on such a behemoth undertaking.
unironically the Terry A. Davis of /3/
>>
>>751398
Based.
>>
>>751398
Lew's thing was his skill as an animator tho. The thing that made Killer Bean famous was how it moved, it was never about the visual quality of the models used.
>>
>>751364
what do you mean? the movie is unironically good, the design of the characters are rather simple and the budget is clear, but the writing and the action scenes are god tier. it's not hard to see it as a masterpiece at all
>>
>>751462
>the writing and the action scenes are god tier.

I suppose we believe in a very different pantheon of gods.
>>
>>751486
Post your work
>>
>>751509
I am >>743728 >>747037 whatever that has to do with anything. To me Lew's animation skills are real and his perseverance is impressive.
But his cinematography and choreography doesn't hold a candle to the leaders in that art, which is what the term 'god tier' implies.
It's not that Lew is very bad at it, it's that there are people that are magnitudes beyond what he has on display in that department to warrant such a label.
Guess my point is Lew is only perceived as extraordinary because he did all of this alone (which is extraordinary)
If this was made by a studio it would all be recognized as rather mediocre and forgettable work.

However calling his writing 'god tier' is an insult to screenwriters. Writing a screenplay, as opposed to making an entire animated movie, IS a one man job.
And there are thousands of people in this world that are more talented at that task than Mr Lew.
All I recall from Killer Bean Forever is that it contained lot's of tame high-school level humor and obvious gags.
>>
>>751516
i'm >>751462 but not >>751509, i don't think showing your work would change anything in this case lmao

>Guess my point is Lew is only perceived as extraordinary because he did all of this alone (which is extraordinary)
yeah i agree and that's mostly my point. it's rather impressive the quality he managed to achieve (in some aspects more than others), but what i like about the writing is how fitting it is with the rest of the film and how it works in favor of the atmosphere of the movie the way i see it: a rather low budget piece that impresses every now and then by the contrast of its cheesy story and character models to the fluid animations and (here we seem to differ in opinion) rather smart voice lines and jokes. it's good to me for the same reasons i like tarantino movies. it's, within it's scope, a masterpiece
>>
>>751343
I loved this software. i had a hash, inc shirt a long time ago. i no longer use it, but i may give it a whirl again. it's rigging system was the first i ever learned, and it still seems so simple compared to maya or blender [without auto-rigging] the system of animation, poses and stuff, was very cool. i am talking myself into buying a license.
>>
>>755123
You have the advantage of growing up with it, so you probably could grab a newer release and efficiently work right away.
It's a bit like with Lightwave; I wouldn't recommend it to newcomers, but people familiar with its archaic workflow have no problems picking up the latest version and doing stuff.
>>
>>751293
By having a VFX career going all the way back to The Matrix
Don't you dare talk shit about Killer Bean you cunt

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.