[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1573047793366.webm (908 KB, 640x360)
908 KB
908 KB WEBM
What went wrong?
>>
Steve Jobs died
>>
>>744433

What are you talking about?
>>
>>744433
they decided to make every product look the same, and gave up on entertaining consumers.
>>
diversity and feminism
>>
>>744434
Who's Steve Jobs?
>>
jews
>>
File: bob iger.jpg (20 KB, 396x61)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>744491
>>
>>744433
They made sequels.
>>
Nothing. They make billions.
>>
>>744490
The guy who invented Starbucks
>>
>>744490
A dead hack.
>>
>>744490
A wizard famously known for having chosen the wrong incantations against cancer.
>>
File: mouse'd.jpg (33 KB, 474x842)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>744433
>>
>>744490
Ligma balls
>>
>>744484
actually this.
>>
Rewatched the original Toy Story for the first time in probably a decade. Gotta say, it sticks out from their other movies. It may look worse due to the 25 year old technology, but there's something about it that makes it feel more memorable than what they're doing now. I am interested in Soul though, if it's a 50/50 split between the "soul world" and "real life" segments it could be half decent, but if it's just another Inside Out then I don't care about it. I feel like their older movies had some sort of "depressing" aspect that they don't touch on anymore that separated them from the rest, now they're indistinguishable from the myriad of other major 3D animation companies.
>>
>>744433
wage theft
>>
>>744490
The guy who actually died of HIV not cancer and ruined societies brains with the iphone

>>744491
also this
>>
>>744433
Absolutely nothing. Are you retarded?
>>
>>748517

> I feel like their older movies had some sort of "depressing" aspect that they don't touch on anymore

id almost say its the opposite.....toy story is full of hope, comradery, optimism, teamwork, etc

nowadays its like theyre specifically trying to craft tear-jerkers instead of feel-good adventures

ex: coco, inside out, onward etc
>>
File: ts4.jpg (2.76 MB, 1207x2000)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
as far as /3/ is concerned bloody nothing
>>
>>746036
underrated
>>
>>746036
Lost hard there
>>
>>744433
Everyone else got gud. Competitors are inconsistent, yes, but are good enough to follow Pixar recipe of storytelling to over-saturate market. Their worst is tGD, B, MU, Cx2(1 was +/- aBL tier)
>>
>>744490
a guy who tongued nigger anuses.
>>
>>750477
>>750832

smaefab
>>
>>752232
>Their worst is tGD, B, MU, Cx2(1 was +/- aBL tier)
Can someone translate this into English for me?
>>
>>752319
looking at titles guess would be The Good Dinosaur, Brave, Monsters University, Cars or Coco but i think its Cars and last is A Bugs Life.
i liked monsters sequel and brave, cars 2 and 3 were bad, but 3 at least had an interesting concept even if it wasnt well done.
>>
>>744433
After around the development of either Toy Story or Toy Story 2 and handful of Pixar employees had this huge lunch where they just talked about the stories they want to do for the future of pixar, like Nemo, Monsters Inc all the way to Wall-E.
Wall-E was the last planned movie of Pixars golden age, and they made it.

The only reason Pixar is so soulless now, is because they achieved what they planned for. Everything else is 100% completely done by the hands of disney businessmen.
Pixar is done, and there's nothing wrong with that. The only problem is that they're still trying to use their name.
>>
>>744433
sjw
>>
>>744433
Isn't one of the higher ups a pedo creep? Or am I confusing this with another animation studio?
>>
>>752641
You're thinking of Nicklodeon. The higher up at pixar is just your regular kind of sexual predator, plus he works at Skydance now, known for the crappy Wrath of Kahn and soon to be released Top Gun: Instant Garbage: literally no one asked for this.
>>
>>748517
probably because the only audience that watches 3D movies are women, mothers and children
>>
>>752698
he was thinking of Lasseter, who's just a regular harasser
>>
>>752968
yeah i understood that.
>Or am I confusing this with another animation studio?
Dan Schneider, a former higher up at Nickelodeon, is a pedo.
>>
File: ToCatchAPredator.jpg (82 KB, 625x590)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>753031
forgot pic
>>
File: based.jpg (28 KB, 637x483)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>744491
based?
>>
>>753032
*surreptitious sniffing*
>>
nothing went wrong. the fact they were successful was pure luck in itself. you should ask what went right.
>>
>>753359
I wouldn't say pure luck, rather the combined skill of storytellers and computer scientists being in the same room.

The real luck is Jobs buying pixar group and Lasseter having friends at ILM or something. All of those just fell into the right spot at the right time with a backer that could support it.

The right man in the right spot can make all the difference Mr. Freeman.
>>
>>744433
Disney
>>
Pandering to lgbt. Is its Twitter profile pic in a rainbow?
>>
>>744433
watch the behind the scenes of toy story 2, the company is full of fruit loops

also john lasseter doesn't work there anymore I think
>>
>>744433
They went ahead with ideas that were okay, instead of ideas that were great
>>
>>744484
Can confirm.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.