[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 94 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

CGPeers’ registration and invites have been closed down for months now due to a rogue person/group targeting the site and uploading infected files.

Using both old and new accounts (from invites and registrations), the entity has been able to “poison the well” per se.

Now who could be behind the poisoning of the well? What are his/they’re motivations behind this?
Is it just some personal vendetta or were they hired by people in the 3D industry to take revenge?

Personally, the latter seems extremely plausible to me. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>743236
Reminds me of dazlet sellers putting up viruses, forgetting which ones were infected and getting in trouble for sending viruses out to legit customers multiple times.
>>
>>743236
it’s the jews
>>
It's just Russians spreading bitcoin miners again to make a quick buck and sell accounts. at least that'll teach fools not to abuse our public trackers.
>>
File: Blunder.jpg (20 KB, 655x526)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>743236
Gee I wonder who could be behind it.
>>
Nobody knows for sure but I wouldnt trust any executeable program from sites such as this at all.
>>
>>743249
"not to abuse their public trackers"
>>
>>743250
Yup. Blender users too assblasted about add-ons piracy, or their authors themselves. Why would a big company care about individual piracy, when their target market consists of studios and other big businesses? Blender, on the other hand, barely has a presence outside of amateurs and some freelancers, which is where most piracy takes place. It makes sense that the groups responsible for this attack on CGP have economic interests in the Blender ecosystem.

In other words, who benefits the most from stopping CGP? Clearly not Autodesk or similar others, but the small players, like Blender add-on developers and asset authors.
>>
File: faggotry.jpg (670 KB, 1836x1080)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
>>743250
>>743264
>Autodesk hasbarats still grasping this hard
Post proof or go home (read: back to Tel Aviv)
>>
How is this a problem? Can't they just have a system so only trusted accounts can upload new torrents or some shit?
I've exclusively used warez and public trackers for the past 15 years. Never had any issues. You sure they didn't just decide that the club was big enough?
>>
>>743236
My bet is on blendlets.

Blender user are insane faantics, its like a cult. They probably are in this tread shitposting right now.
>>
File: lol.png (547 KB, 1080x1306)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>743238
Look man I'm all for racism but what the fuck are you on about
>>
fools! The people are only spreading bitocoin miners and account jackers that highjacks your account and upload even more miners/jackers. whoever uploaded the original didn't intend for it to happen. he downloaded a torrent from some sketchy website that had the orignal account jacker which then creator used his account to upload edited exe's. Now start using Chinese sites for cg plugins.
>>
>>743293
Just another case of impotent rage from behind a computer monitor, anon. Pay it no heed.
>>
>>743279
See? I didn't know about that page. But you, as a Blender user, of course did. Disgraceful.
>>
>>743236
>What are your thoughts?
If it´s some ramsomware, credit card stealer or something else to steal money, could be anyone BUT some Autodesk employee. Autodesk makes use of a simple anti-piracy system (crackeable, yes, but NOT easily done without the involvement of an experienced programmer) and for years pirated software have been working as advertisement for their products, nevermind student licenses and such. The fact that the site still exists means Autodesk didn´t wan´t to push the issue (piratebay was closed down several times by the american movie and tv industry, not the software one). This is the work of some kid who´s still giggling.
>>
when will they add a tag to divide 3d stuff with 2D?
>>
File: 135592282033.jpg (16 KB, 519x384)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>743299
>Why are you so obsessed that I'm a shill, anon? Are you obsessing because you are a shill, too?
>Why are you so obsessed that I'm a faggot, anon? Are you obsessing because you are a faggot, too?
>Why are you so obsessed that I'm a jew, anon? Are you obsessing because you are a jew, too?
>Why are you ...
Your grade-school sophistry won't work on me, untermensch.
>>
>>743306
B-B-BA-BASED
>>
File: 13169879549215614.png (129 KB, 512x512)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
What's going on in this thread?
>>
>>743313
Turn on smooth shading bro.
>>
>>743313
AAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>743315
You mean pixel interpolation...or should I say, feels interpolation
>>
as previously posted, it was subhuman chink/slav/paki third worlders trying to make money. now that they can't infect people through cgp anymore, they started selling cracks on ebay again. suprisingly ebay allows it and doesnt really care.

if you look for decent stuff, search for "Portable by llexandro" and click the blog. all releases are pre patched, virtualized and portable. thus no installation is required.
>>
>>743321
nice psyop llexandro ngl
>>
>>743321
wtf this shit is too good to be true what's the catch
>>
>>743238
that's half the site even on the forums. It's the same old shit, broken ass English demanding the newest software like baby birds screaming at their mother. I'm pretty sure a large percentage of the site is simply trafficking in software to sell it in Pajeet Street, Mother Russia or some other shit hole.
>>
>>743321
Shill more
>>
>>743330
The catch is that this guy is a subhuman chink/slav/paki third worlder trying to make money and probably has a shitton of viruses hidden on there.
>>
>>743292
>My bet is on blendlets.
>Aka the group that can get most benefits out of cgpeers not being dead
>>
File: this sucks.jpg (16 KB, 400x450)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Why does this board have more schizoposters than fucking /x/?
>>
>>743400
Why are you brown and smelly?
>>
>>743400
There are like 20 people posting here maximum. Most are kids from /v/, /pol/ and /ic/.
>>
>>743403
...and some oldfags like me.
>>
I have an active account that I have registered around 10 years ago, maybe more, I can't remember the exact date, and I've never really had any issues with it so far, no malware, no shit, I just go through the comments first before downloading anything and I do a few scans of everything before I install and I always block things from the firewall and it's been going great.
>>
>>743403
>Most are kids from /v/, /pol/ and /ic/.
Lies, I only browse /pol/ and /ic/
>>
>>743403
you think kids who post from reddit would even know about this board?
>>
>>743295
>Chinese sites
Like what?
>>
>>743403
Out of those I only browse /v/ and /pol/ every now and then but mostly other boards as well
>>
>>743279
>webpage that, with a basic understanding of english and ability to read, you should be able to easily tell is for reporting software distributors that are trying to sell pirated software or scam legitimate businesses and not about reporting free torrents
>the absolute irony in not understanding this when your post is in response to someone saying Blender has no place in actual business
>>
>>743236
>using torrents
https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/en/peer/
>>
>>743472
How the fuck do they have no record of me? I've been torrenting so much shit my entire life
>>
>>743472
vpn retard
>>
File: 1294024376.jpg (34 KB, 227x260)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>743463
>Thinks pirated software being distributed via torrent is suddenly of no concern because it's a torrent
>Thinks Autodesk isn't still in the process of looking for ways to "convert" their pirate user base into paying ones, even though there's talk about it in their conference call reports
>Still tries to push his false-flag narrative on Blender without even a bit of documented proof that would make it at least a semi-plausible conclusion, when all fingers can already be pointed to Autodesk, and the snitching part of their website being just one of them
Yeah you gotta try harder than that.
>>
>>743499
>thinking they're going to be worrying about people pirating 3dsmax via torrent when you can get an easily crackable full download off their website no questions asked and most of the stuff on cgpeers isn't even Autodesk
>>
>>743500
Piracy is bad, OK? Autodesk said so. So stop it.
>>
>>743498
>vpn
>paying monthly fees
>getting logged anyway
just use OCHs fucktard
>>
>>743514
>>743498
>vpn
>OCHs
>paid
just hide behind 7 proxies on library wifi fools
>>
anyone have any recommendations for what to download from cgpeers?
>>
>>743527
plugins scripts and more plugins.
for tutorials just use Chinese or russian search engines and you'll find something eventfully.
>>
>>743527
If you plan on sculpting humans, be sure to grab cloth and skin alphas. 3D-scanned models are very useful as reference, so grab them too.
>>
> don't really need anything, just download whatever seems interesting or is big and new
> seed cause i got decent internet
> pump it all into one request because i have no better use for it

One day my dream of PTGui 11 will come true.
>>
>>743264
You're so fucking stupid it truly is amazing to hear you have that much confidence in your false bullshit.
>>
>>743567
blendlet detected
>>
>>743472
Just don't use torrents for things that matter, i.e. new movie/music/game releases. I've never heard the police sweeping someone's house for a fucking 3d modelling tutorial.
>>
>>743264
Then explain why people pirate adobe or autodesk products.

Way I see it, I pirate addons because I ain't spending as much as 50 bucks for something that's like a couple megabytes at most unless I absolutely have to because I'm that much of a poorfag and worried about money. I feel the same exact way with the "Subscription" method those two companies pull on their userbases.

As for that whole "Who benefits" question you pose? Trolls, Russians, or someone who probably wants to kill the owners maybe. The torrents themselves promote the actual blendlet stuff and even include a link to the original pages for that exact reason. Same with tutorials of all sorts. I don't see what someone on Blendermarket or CG Cookie would gain from it.
>>
Imagine using blender
>>
>>743472
literally doesn't matter unless it came out of Hollywood
>>
>>743705
I'm sure that Autodesk and the Foundry are monitoring torrents too
>>
>>743236
Most definitely Adobe. Probably Autodesk as well. Imagine how much they lose in revenue with piracy. They're seething.
>>
>>743264
holy shit this is the most brainlet post of all time. You know you're not allowed here if you're underage, right?
>>
>>743236
the current best bet is to check other torrent sites like tpb or download using CGpersia
>>
Does anyone know if they’ll ever open up registration again? Please no schizo replies.
>>
>>743818
no
>>
>>743818
Doubt it. Seems like this is a "We're done with this shit, we're an exclusive club now!" deal going forward.

That fuck I got in when I did.
>>
>>743236
its autodesk.
>>
>>743500
the virus is in the crack dude, if you download it off autodesk and use a crack you still get the virus
>>
>>744399
A crack is a single file, you can just upload it on virustotal if you are that paranoid
>>
>>744414
>its a false poooositiiiiv duude just install it turn off your av, (((they))) just dont want you pirating it
>Source: dude, just trust me
>>
>>744416
>false positive
virustotal lets a shitton of different antivirus softwares scan it as well as have a comment and rating section for the file to ensure this won't be an issue.
>>
Really sucks. CGpeers used to be so awesome. I have an account but I made it with a throwaway email address, so after forgetting my password I'm completely locked out, unable to reset it.

Sucks hard. Can't trust any other sites.
>>
File: 1583755643401.jpg (75 KB, 720x428)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>744428
Same thing happened to me
>>
>>744428
>>744438
Sounds like you suck, not cgpeers.
>>
>>744451
Oh for sure, I just used auto login for years and then I cleaned cache and cookies and what not and forgot about it like 2 months after the change
>>
>>744438
i was booted for inactivity, had an acct since 2013, I'm not sure why I would want another one, their forums are good enough for me.
>>
back when I was an edgy teen I registered on many of these sites to try out software (many of them had no trial, let alone student version). would like to go back in time to pat myself on the shoulder for doing so. having access to all these sites which closed registration comes in handy. if you want anything from cgpersia or gfxdomain, let me know.
>>
>>744422
yeah crackers don't know about virustotal
totally won't just work around it
besides it's totally not a dumb signature scanner
aand comment section totally can't be spammed, that's all real people there
imagine being this naive in 2020
>>
>>744463
This is a you problem, anon.
>>
I still have my account (wonder why I havent been kicked yet inactivity, ratio is 0.11) but I hate ratio sites, and torrents suck anyway when you have no VPN or seed box. I use OCHs all the time, much safer and often faster too
>>
>>744535
Based anon
Could you upload flipfluids somewhere?
>>
>>744678
there is effectively no ratio on cgp for quite some time already
>>
>>744720
Can confirm, when I joined, I got infinite ratio.
>>
Use gfxpeers then
>>
>>743517
Whats OCHs?
>>
>>744973
One-click hosting, I assume. No one calls it that though.
>>
>>743247
Lmao
>>
>>744535
If you were in CGPeers, Do you have the CGCookie tutorials? that's really the most handy thing for me atm
>>
>>744711
I assume you mean this?
https://www.blendermarket.com/products/flipfluids

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/haNirSNn

>>746194
Yeah, 210 results when searching for cgcookie. Some of them are rather big, though. Just name 1-3 specific ones and I'll see what I can do. I won't share t-magnet links though, even if it would be allowed.
>>
>>746199
Right of the bat I'd say the modelling bootcamp, the animation basics course and the C# bootcamp. If you can't get any of those the Game-res Character Model course would be nice as well.
Thanks a bunch
>>
>>744463
Is it possible to recover a password if it's saved as auto login?
>>
>>746204
I hope you don't mind that I packed everything in to one big .rar file (15GB), can't be bothered to do multiple uploads. Download it asap, I'll remove it again in 2 days. See pastebin for what's included and the DL link: https://pastebin.com/1cWCudWJ

By the way, gfxpeers opened registration again and they have also a lot of cgcookie stuff.

>>746437
yeah. in your browser go to options, security, saved logins, search for the site and then show passwords
>>
>>746442
>I hope you don't mind that I packed everything in to one big .rar file (15GB)
Not really, I think it's somewhat better this way
Didn't think you'd post the four of them. Thanks for the tutorial and the heads up
>>
>>743463
>people don't charge for torrents
>soooo the software that I am supposed to buy is free
>so no piracy
aha
>you can get an easily crackable full download off their website
didn't autodesk recently asked students to prove they are actually students?
>>
>>746485
>didn't autodesk recently asked students to prove they are actually students?
nah my Zimbabwean fishery and aquaculture institute still passes
>>
>>744535
Hello friend can I request hardops? Want to see what the fuss is about. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>746199
Thank you anon
>>
>>746771
https://pastebin.com/x8c1azea
>>
>>746819
Not him but thank you so much. If you can, can you do BoxCutter and DECALMachine too? Thanks again.
>>
>>743236
In the Middle Ages, guilds of artisans gatekept their knowledge in order to safeguard their uniqueness in the market; whoever dared to steal or spread the secrets of a craft was punished with death. You cannot change human nature. It is obvious that art colleges and studios are mad about all of the free and/or pirated tutorials one can share through all those platforms. This is why I download all the tutorials I find in youtube because I am 100% sure that one day they will be taken down
>>
>>746819
Rockstar! Thanks very much!
>>
>>746878
seconding this!!
>>
>>746878
>>747007
https://pastebin.com/qcBWNE1i

The included DecalMachine 1.9.1 only works with blender 2.8 apparently, traceback errors in 2.82 / 2.83. 1.9.2 fixes that, but there's only a fake version uploaded which is just a renamed/edited old plugin. Couldn't find 1.9.3 anywhere, either.

Last share for now.
>>
>>747042
Basiert. Thank you very much! Let us know when you’re back again to take requests. Thanks again.
>>
Some people have an idea of where I could find a crack of Sketchup VRay for Mac ?
>>
>>743236

That´s why you never download on release and wait until something is checked/ verified. Honestly is not that hard. If you get something for free you really have no right to complain.
>>
>>746819
>>747042
can someone please verify this isn’t malware?
>>
>>747247
it’s a botnet
>>
>>747374
srsly?
>>
>>747527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUE0-n1Qys
>>
>>746884
This is why the internet was invented, tho most people rather still pay someone huge sums of money to learn the basics.
>>
>>747247
bump. anyone?
>>
File: whatboii.jpg (28 KB, 394x434)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Does anyone know where I can get octane for C4D? The cgpersia links are dead
>>
>>748453
https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
>>
Is cgpeers down right now?
>>
File: 1553424674360.png (613 KB, 760x570)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
What are CGPEERS and CGPERSIA alternatives?
>>
>>748701
yes.
it goes down every now and then, should be back within a few days
>>
>>748705
Finding an proper alternative to CGP and CGP is as much hopeful as waiting for an Alita Sequel.
>>
>>748742
A-are... the tales of The 4th Dimension true? Has the rebellion begun?
>>
>>748742
Help please. anon share the info pls
>>
File: duane.gif (886 KB, 260x195)
886 KB
886 KB GIF
>mfw I log into CGPeers after not logging in for over 2 years and my account is still there, but everyone else that missed the window can't get in
feels good
>>
>>748777
I actually have a CGPeers account but there are so many things I can't find there... it's full of apps and tutorials but I was looking for some paid 3D sites meshes as well
>>
>>748705

GFXPeers
>>
I don't download any software, just some tutorials and maybe some plugins. So I'm safe.
>>
>>748453
They're back on CGPersia babyyy
>>
what's the difference between cgpeers and cgpersia?
>>
>>749641
peers is a torrent archive / sharing. Persia is a forum.
>>
>>748828
>tfw playing the russian roulette with substance painter and designer
It should be fine if no one in the comments makes a fuss, right?.. Right?
>>
>>749687
Just sign up for the edu license. I've been out of school for like 4 years and they still let me use that shit. It's free, and it's way less sketchy than a pirated copy.
If you don't have a student ID, just fake one. They don't even check them anyway.
>>
>>749780
Don't the student versions come with some restrictions? I seem to remember hearing something about that, though it could've been regarding 3dsmax.
>>
>>749826
No program restrictions at all, it's the full version.
Though obviously it's for "educational" use.
But I'd just use it how you want t.b.h. If you weren't gonna get the edu license, you would have pirated anyway, so you're still breaking the rules. But on the one hand, one route is a little more legitimate, and less sketchy in terms of downloads. Not to mention updates and shit that work automatically.
>>
I CAN'T REGISTER /3/ LIED TO ME, IT SAYS INVITE ONLY
>>
can someone give me the blender launch pad torrent/download link please? I beg you
>>
>>743236
anyone here could invite me?
>>
>>749917
What if you're an e-terrorist, senpai? I can't take that risk.
>>
>>749934
I'm not pleeeeeeeease
>>
>>743403
I'm black and browse /pol/ fuck you nigga
>>743400
fuck you too sheep
>>
>>743236
speaking of piracy, anyone know where to pirate a clean copy of 3dmax and cinema 4d?
>>
>>743236
to be honest, its been shit for a while now, its littered with paki and indian trash tutorials, its fucking horrible, they don't upload them in their own language, they try to make them in english with a horrible accent. Also masters like diptera have gone elsewhere.
>>
>>752320
you could try cgpeers
>>
>>752356
Do you know a way to see all torrents uploaded from the same user? I keep reading diptera in many torrents on cgp but dont know why is he that important
>>
Beware with CGP guys, plenty of malware torrents are uploaded everyday

>All your browser data (passwords, cookies, auto fill forms), local email client, ftp, and crypto wallets, have been transferred to malware spreader botnet. The account which was used to upload this malware packed release has been hijacked from same sort of malware in the past, and has been disabled, so don't waste your energy cursing them or the like.
>>
>>752523
>to see all torrents uploaded from the same user?
no, i think at most it only shows the last 4 uploads, diptera is a mod, he used to upload a lot of really good high end tutorials, i haven't seen anything of quality lately there.
>>
>>752541
I saw that today when sorting torrents by new releases. but the torrents are marked as malware by mods and most malware gets picked up by sandbox enviroment virus scanners. honestly whoever is doing the spreading is not the smartest and anyone with a brain or decent scanner will not fall for it. I remember the glory days when there was a fully functioning photoshop crack that embed malware in every picture you saved and tried to infected anyone who opened it. scared people can always just dual boot
>>
>>749647
so the direct downloads in cgpersia are the same files as cgpeers?
>>
Can one of you rich people get these high quality rigs and upload them as a torrent. I promise to do some lewd animation for you in return. Thank you
Gumroad.com/ramonarango#AeyTf
>>
File: triggering intensifies.gif (133 KB, 311x366)
133 KB
133 KB GIF
>>752686
>I would love if people would try to make erotic content with these guys :D definitely no need to keep it PG 13 hehe
I'm going to cancel this man's whole career
>>
>>752688
lol who the fuck writes that on a gumroad page
>>
>>752694
He seems like a fun guy. I hope someone posts the rigs. I would buy it, but I'm poor.
>>
>>752688
specially after working in pixar and saying this, its very risky..
>>
>>743236
The less ppl have access the better.
>>
>>752755
Why?
>>
>>752879
Keeps the whining to a minimum.... unlike the CGPersia forums where every third post in a release thread some barely English-speaking asshole asks for the Mac version.
>>
>>743264
>randomly come back to /3/ after a year
>takes me 30 seconds to read a blender hate post
i swear, you people
>>
what version of maya you guys think is safe from this poisoning? im thinking about grabbing 2018.
>>
>>753358
Ive downloaded 2019 but didnt install it yet.. same for zbrush, too scared of this shit. Any recomendations?
>>
>>753361
idk. havent downloaded any yet. i wanted to go with the 2018 because people said it was better in terms of content. yet in the 2018 thread people are saying teh xforce crack was detected as a virus. not sure if thats a known false positive for this crack or thas to do with hat malicious malware.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.