[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: 7WUmoZg.jpg (137 KB, 1090x1074)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
Since the first ones are the most used by studios and that.
>>
look at the (((rich))) community at blenderartists and then slowly lurk moar and moar over there
>>
doesn't matter. this question often seem retarded to me.

you know why? because its unlikely you will reach a level high enough that the features of either program will force you to switch.

if you want a foolproof program with unlimited potential get zbrush. but for what you 'intend' to do it doesn't matter what you choose. just flip a coin
>>
Why, dudes?
>>
File: 1537784312039.png (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
blender is the best, your prophets at flippednormals agree don't bother them about it (only downside, they said, is that no studio uses it so you can't wageslave)
>>
Don't understand , classy pepe.
>>
>>654204
On the flip side if you produce content for things like the Unity asset store you need to make your products play nice with blender above all else. Indies use Blender the most by a huge margin from what I have seen.
>>
File: gnulag.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1074)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>654187
Free and open source software is usually the best money can buy
>>
I know, but studios , even when they use Unity, don't use Blender.
Can I make assets for Unity whit 3dMax and Maya?
Which one is better for modelling?
>>
it really doesn't matter. your skill level is nowhere near a point where modelling in one is drastically easier than the other. you're extruding faces and moving vertices welding them and whatnot. none of that is gonna be different from blender to max or maya. anyone saying otherwise is bullshitting.
>>
File: soy-prev.gif (1.07 MB, 150x150)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
Blender is the jack of all trade of 3d programs.
Leaning blender is like starting on hardmode.
>>
>>654259
>Leaning blender is like starting on hardmode.
This is what Blendlets believe.
>>
Read the sticky and fuck off.
>>
>>654187
go for blender, anon.
If you're serious about making it your job, get an education and you'll be taught industry standards softwares. But Blender really is the best choice to make CG on your own. I wish i was proeficient at it 2bh, and i often consider making it my main soft in the future, because fuck autodesk.
>>
>>654259
>Leaning blender is like starting on hardmode.
Especially if you ever plan to get paid for your work. Blender artist = starving artist
Blender = Bum mode
>>
>>654596
Or, alretnitvely, go on CGPeers, download Maya or 3DSMax and some tutorials, and also download Blender and see what you decide to use down the road.

t. a user who has both Maya and Blender on his machine.
>>
Thank you all anons.
I think I wil start whit Blender, then, when I became skilled enough will move to 3DMAX. ¿What do you think?
>>
>>654926
Suena bien, haz eso.
>>
¿Es mi inglés tan malo?
>>
>>655005
te has descubierto con el "¿"

3DStudio Max masterrace.
>>
Gracias hispanon . Algún dia llegaré a dominar el 3DMax y entonces compartiremos unos cachopos, o unos tacos, Como prefieras.
>>
>>654926
>I think I wil start whit Blender
We have lost another one. Please, a minute of silence to pay our respects.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.