[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>Library
https://mega.nz/#F!gwNBRAzS!mkAUO0OBTbZ8gXVQkRXsqQ

>Ebony Anpu stuff
https://mega.nz/#F!H8ZBGQhB!XDVk4zMsnG6s19m3NSy5kg

>OSOA.’.A.’.
http://osoaa.org
>>
So you guys are allegedly involved with some celestial brotherhood of one-time knockers who are clairvoyant and super serious about ethics?
lol are you worried?
>>
>>23379488
>Maybe use the Orphic hymn to Apollo? Come to think of it, I have access to lots of hymns to Orpheus from my old fraternity. Could that be of any use?

Certainly.

>>23379534
>are you saying all the priests of other religions who do ceremonies for the dead or do magic to keep away spirits are black magic practitioners?

No, not at all. It could certainly be your will to render such services on behalf of your patron, ancestors, what have you.
>>
File: DARPA Tech.jpg (122 KB, 917x652)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>23379760
PSYCHIC WARFARE: EXPLORING THE MIND FRONTIER
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp96-00789r001001420001-3
>>
>>23379892
>It could certainly be your will to render such services on behalf of your patron, ancestors, what have you
Except when your students do it, then it's sorcery.

>>23379917
Always fun when conspiracy shitters come running with twenty year old documents like they're explosive revelations.
>>
>>23379917
yeah, they made a book and movie about it. it was worthless

>"The Stargate Project was terminated and declassified in 1995 after a CIA report concluded that it was never useful in any intelligence operation. Information provided by the program was vague and included irrelevant and erroneous data"
Surprisingly very much like /omg/
>>
File: LAM_Tech.jpg (761 KB, 1280x1920)
761 KB
761 KB JPG
Rockefeller Briefing Document
https://www.openminds.tv/wp-content/uploads/Rockefeller-Briefing-Document.pdf
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp61s00750a000200020131-1

Green eggs and LAM! For we have लं!
>>
What reading order do you guys recommend for the beginners section of the library?
>>
>>23380045
Depends how much you know, and what you're trying to get into.
>>
Is Sevenleaf ever coming back? :(
>>
>>23379975
That 1995 report was rebuked. The Stargate Project didn't die. It just stopped being "government hires private company", and instead they hired all the employees into government positions. CIA requested Stargate help over 20 times. 23 other agencies asked for help besides the CIA. You would think they would have learned it was useless way sooner. Edwin C. May has explained this countless times.
>>
>>23380211
>Edwin C. May has explained this countless times.
The guy driving the gravy train?
>>
>>23380235
He's a nuclear physicist from a prestigious university, he doesn't need a gravy train and they hired him originally because he was a skeptic

Anyone who actually reads the document rather than 1 sentence saying "there is nothing to it" knows that there is a lot to it.
>>
>>23380252
>logical fallacy after logical fallacy
>>
>>23380259
Because accusing of gravy train to a project that delivered both scientific results & practical results in several operations, all which is documented isn't? I am sure the intelligence agencies just kept coming back for more consults because it was all so vague and erroneous.

The project is still going in its own way. The intelligence agencies still consult with independent parapsychologists and have got their own parapsychologists. I guess they like stuff that doesn't work.
>>
Why can't magicians produce consistent (i.e., repeatable) results like any other discipline of study?
>>
>>23380330
they excuse themselves from experimental science since theoretical physicists don't have to do experiments so why should they.
>>
>>23380346
Using the reality of ignorance and lack of knowledge to justify your claims is pants-shittingly stupid.
>>
>>23380363
tell me about it.
>>
>>23380330
Has anyone ever tried to falsify ceremonial magic lol. There has to be at least some fringe study.
>>
>>23380346
>theoretical physicists don't have to do experiments
Yeah but they can at least show you the math behind their theories.

>in before Gematria
Gematria isn't math, it's literally just Jewish Scrabble.
>>
>>23380363
>reality of ignorance and lack of knowledge
redundant retard alert!
>>
If curses are real, why does the US military bother to train snipers and drone pilots? Wouldn't it be easier to just put a curse on the nation's enemies?
>>
>>23380386
One might reasonably think "all someone has to do is the psychic card trick in any kind of controlled setting whatsoever, and they'll become internationally famous," but then maybe anyone who can actually do this stuff quickly gets recruited into a system where their work becomes classified, possibly as incentivized by chances for further advancement.
Just brainstorming here.
>>
>>23380438
The exoteric military is just cover for the magickal one, duh.
>>
>>23380330
i can. im killing more of the world right now. when you die it would be best if you didnt wander around and you hid. right now im going to start destroying more species since they have the nerve to annoy me. its not just humans they actually tried to defy me ignorant of all the times i have done this. there is a reason america doesnt have deer in plenty of states. i dont care if you dont like the weather i told all of them to go farther south. when i get rid of a species i can then get rid of the record of it. that means i stop containing any specimens / copies and its gone forever. you will still have books and memories of them at that point but there is no trace of them having existed past corpses. humans are the least common souls in this world. so this is a pretty big deal. if it doesnt exist within me it doesnt exist anywhere. some have called me the reaper and others have called me satan. im not fond of abrahamic faiths and dont actually think europeans are all that creative

fun fact all the races are counted as different species. i have ruined black people. any of them that didnt die many years ago are devolved. i downgraded their iq potential, capacity for memory and higher thought. i have begun downgraded white people and the same applies. those that are not dead will be devolved. its global. greta is annoying one who doesnt even like the sea and is spiteful towards any who are attractive. you can tell she suffers from the same complex that conan obrien does. he hates being a ginger. he hates every one else for having to be a ginger. i hate every one because they suck and wont stay gone so i have to destroy them and i never make it fast except for wildlife half the time. the complaints are really annoying. if you look at my life and understand and accept the reality of my situation most cant really do much but accept they are spoiled brats and then they say shit like i dont believe as if i care. believe what ever you want a bullet can still kill
>>
>>23380475
being a magician means you can turn off the schizo on demand, bro.
>>
>>23380449
No, I mean, actual results from ceremonial magic. Like, take an experienced practitioner, let him evoke some spirit and set it do to something which can then be accounted for in a controlled setting. Or something of the sort, though clearly there are issues here because we are dealing with something of an unknown ontology, that is to say, the mechanisms by which e.g. a spirit would go out and do the thing, remain unknown, you can't measure it, but the effect ought to be measured, so its a question of establishing causality between that and the evocation itself, it gets chaotic fairly quickly. Due to the unknown mechanism, we have no idea what to control for, that's the primary issue. I guess you could try some less than ethical stuff such as getting people possessed.
>>
>>23380083
only know a little bit about hermetics, and i want to learn about how to do spells and stuff
>>
at least one predicted the 911 attacks a week before it happened.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3067562/t/chilling-tale/
>>
>>23380507
I believe it would be possible to evoke a spirit and use technology, like a white noise machine to communicate. If it hasn’t been done publicly, I assume it’s related to the 4th power of the Sphinx.
>>
>>23380449
>maybe anyone who can actually do this stuff quickly gets recruited into a system where their work becomes classified
This is the real reason magic isn't real.

Because if it WAS real, it would be impossible to discuss it on the clear web. We're talking, 3 AM no-knock FBI raids where they shoot your dog and confiscate your laptop.
>>
>>23380538

osoaa.org

First check the ceremonial magic 101, and 102 threads.

It will clear up a bunch of stuff in the following:

Magic in theory and practice by Crowley, and specifically Liber O.
Regardie's stuff is good, a bunch of it is in the beginners folder.
Dion Fortune's ''Psychic Self-Defense'' is often recommended.

Get a bit familiar with the Golden Dawn's system.
I think you can use this as a springboard, looking up the stuff that these writings reference etc.

You want to set up a daily practice. Usually the case is that you start doing the LBRP, meditation/yoga, some basic pranayama, astral projection (Art and Practice of Astral Projection by Ophiel). You'll piece it together after a bit of reading and practice.

There is probably more to mention, but I think this is enough to start making some sense of it.
>>
>>23380661
>one of the rules of working magic is "don't talk about successful magical workings"

hmm, how very convenient. :^)
>>
>>23380677
That doesn't necessarily follow. Though there were cases of states suppressing magic practitioners so they don't get cursed or whatever, in antiquity.
>>
>>23380685
Why should anyone talk about successful magic? What is there to gain for the magician in doing so?
>>
>>23380778
people post about successful magic all the time in these threads doe.
>>
Seriously, I think we can assume that magic isn't real and you're all just stupid, but if that's not the case, I would then assume anyone trying to publish a study demonstrating their abilities would quickly find themselves with strange new acquaintances.
>>
>>23380819
Magic is something you can try yourself and see if it's real
>>
>>23380871
Then it's real in some sense that isn't commonly understood or there's some "great filter" involved with demonstrating its reality to the public.
>>
>>23380330
Seeing as it depends on belief it is impossible to scientifically test. Same deal with religion. Personally if I could "produce" repeatable results with magic I wouldn't tell a goddamn soul.
>>
>>23380887
Wow what a revelation you're like Sam Harris mixed with James Randi mixed with Buddha
>>
What does it mean to cross the abyss? Also, how does one know that one is in contact with his HGA? Crowley initially did not realize that he was in contact.
>>
>>23380330
IDK, maybe because even they don't have an explanation for why doing certain things work sometimes.
>>
why would anyone that ever got magic to work volunteer to let bill nye or some other faggot "debunk" his work lmao
nigga i just did magic, fuck off penn gillette
>>
File: demonhauntedworld.jpg (47 KB, 334x499)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Magic is bending your perception to follow your expectations. This can easily become self-reinforcing delusion, which makes it very beneficial for indoctrination as it is the ultimate form of control. If you manage to retain awareness of what you are doing (methodological self-deception, really) this can be one of the most powerful creative tools, a possibility that is ruined if you're just using it to reinforce existing expectations. "black" magic is the magic of false certainty, while "white" magic is directed towards unexpected, unknown, and unrepeated potentiality.

Every single religion on Earth operates using black magic, but so does much of advertizing and marketing, as well as political ideologies. Psychological manipulation rules the system of the world, which is a competitive game to manipulate human awareness for one's own selfish benefit. Good luck trying to find your way out of endless labyrinths of attractive lies created by thousands of years of career bullshitters. If you want help, this book is a great book on white magic: skepticism is the sole defense against self-delusion.
>>
The last fourteen or so posts are a whole lot of words with very little meaning.
>>
>>23382036
If you live in doubt you'll never find truth, the only real way to find truth is to follow a path until their ultimate consequences and figure what's a lie and what's truth.
>>
>>23379931
>Except when your students do it, then it's sorcery.

That depends, but you already knew that.

>>23380330
>Why can't magicians produce consistent (i.e., repeatable) results like any other discipline of study?

They can. It's called "success".

>>23380661
>I believe it would be possible to evoke a spirit and use technology, like a white noise machine to communicate.

What is TOPY?

>>23380819
>Seriously, I think we can assume that magic isn't real

No, just you and a few other trolls.

>>23381928
>What does it mean to cross the abyss?

http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0156.html

>Also, how does one know that one is in contact with his HGA?

At K&C, you know. Afterwards, too.

>Crowley initially did not realize that he was in contact.

Really?

>>23381964
>why would anyone that ever got magic to work volunteer to let bill nye or some other faggot "debunk" his work lmao

Some people need external validation, and they project that need onto others.
>>
>>23382036
>Magic is bending your perception to follow your expectations

This is false.

>>23382041
>If you live in doubt you'll never find truth

This too is false.
>>
>>23380330
because magicians aren't in control, the demons they conjure up are in control. the results depend entirely on the will of the demon and its agenda. they only show themselves to you if they want to. and they will only allow you to feel as though you're in control if they want you to.

most true magicians know this. only low level initiates think the power is theirs. the craft isn't about honing your own magical abilities and being able to control the world around you. it's about opening yourself up to spirits and allowing them to work through you. but there is no guarantee they will want to. no matter how much you practice. many practitioners have no supernatural experiences in their longstanding "careers" as magicians whereas non-practitioners can have multiple experiences throughout their lifetimes. because it's all about the will of the demon they come to who is useful to them.

so basically the entire thing is a larp and ego play and there is absolutely no merit in it whatsoever unless you're chosen by a spirit.
>>
>>23381342
>Seeing as it depends on belief it is impossible to scientifically test.

And this is false.
>>
>>23382064
>because magicians aren't in control

This is false.
>>
>>23382065
>>23382076
these are false.
>>
>>23382060
>Muh doubt.

Wake up Descartes you need to figure shit out besides the existence of your own ego.
>>
>>23382108
Again, the last twenty or so posts have been unnecessary multiplication of assumptions.

Both "it can't be tested because it's fake" and "it can't be tested because it requires belief" are both gigantic leaps from the basic assumptions of the practice of magic. Of course this would be standard operating procedure from armchair pseudoskeptics who never spent time doing a double blind study and armchair pseudomages who started and stopped their practice with Liber Null.
>>
>>23382076
oh I'm sorry, you must know better than Crowley himself then seeing as his entire life's work was based around making himself the perfect vessel for spirits to work through him.

considering he himself admitted that everything he was doing was to prepare him for communion with his spirit guides. that this is exactly what happened and he wrote channeled works after he was chosen. that nothing he did was of his own volition, it was given to him by spirits and they worked through him. considering the entire premise of thelema is to open oneself up to higher spiritual beings, to be able to commune with them etc etc etc.
>>
>>23382121
>Wake up Descartes you need to figure shit out besides the existence of your own ego.

I think you're at best confused.

>>23382128
>oh I'm sorry, you must know better than Crowley himself

Not surprising. I have his entire life in perspective.
>>
>>23382128
>that nothing he did was of his own volition
So much for "Do what thou wilt"!
>>
>>23382153
Says the one who defends perpetual doubt.
>>
>>23382076
What sort of control does the magician have?

What gives him the power or right to command spirits.

Is there any mechanism to magic independent of the aid and mediation of spirits, viz. what powers magical acts?
>>
>>23382175
>Says the one who defends perpetual doubt

You're wrong. There's nothing more to say.
>>
Daily reminder that awareness is questionability, self-awareness is self-questionability, and the question mark is a holy symbol.

Most people here won't even be able to understand this, because their entire perception of the world places answers as holy, not questions.
>>
>>23382183
>What sort of control does the magician have?

Complete.

>What gives him the power or right to command spirits.

Innate divinity.

>Is there any mechanism to magic independent of the aid and mediation of spirits, viz. what powers magical acts?

That's what the adept does, yes.
>>
>>23382190
so for a magician to have control over beings on higher planes, that must mean that despite being on a lower plane he is somehow of a higher spiritual status, right? how does that work? what gives man a higher spiritual status than a being that resides on a higher spiritual plane? a being of higher intelligence and power.

innate divinity? where does that come from? the source I imagine? would a being from a higher plane of existence not be closer to the source and therefore be more "divine" than a human?
>>
>>23382190

>Complete.
How does the magician enter a state in which such control is possible. Thing like will working seem to imply strange ontologies. But evidently some special state is assumed or measures taken to produce effects, since a person can will something in normative states and conditions and nothing will occur (nothing supernatural that is).

>Innate divinity.
This can man any number of things, and I don't know which.

>That's what the adept does, yes.
I'm not sure I understand.
>>
>>23382200
Read the Hermetica, start practicing magic, and come back. You are not equipped for this discussion. You're babbling like a mouth-breathing Christian.
>>
>>23382190
There's so many transparent power-addicts in this thread, such as this one. If only they realized that self-control is the control they should really seek, that self-control works with limitations as opposed to within them. But of course, that is their problem.
>>
>>23382208
See >>23382210.

It will be so much clearer.
>>
>>23382212
>There's so many transparent power-addicts in this thread, such as this one.

This is false.

>If only they realized that self-control is the control they should really seek

Then why can't you stop shitposting?
>>
>>23382210
you're not in control of me right now, so how can you control anything from a higher plane of existence? I'm not doing as you've asked. you have no power over me. so how do you have power over anything of a higher plane?
>>
If I want to invoke earth, is the bull Kerub the best godform to base the ritual around?
>>
>>23382223
>you're not in control of me right now

I wouldn't want such a thankless, shitty job, to be honest. You can't even control yourself.
>>
>>23382184
Well I can handle being wrong but I don't have to accept no one being right.
>>
why is it necessary to forget about whatever magic operation you've done after you do it?
>>
>>23382225
>If I want to invoke earth, is the bull Kerub the best godform to base the ritual around?

The cherubs are not gods.

>>23382230
>Well I can handle being wrong

Asserts facts not in evidence.
>>
>>23382229
What is your understanding of freedom and control?
>>
>>23382233
>why is it necessary to forget about whatever magic operation you've done after you do it?

Because worrying over it, fretting over it, defeats whatever magic you put into it.

>>23382244
>What is your understanding of freedom and control?

Off topic, really.
>>
test
>>
File: IMG_20190901_153327.png (179 KB, 720x563)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
Obligatory.
>>
>>23382237
And?

If I can handle being wrong I can test hypothesis, but if I live in perpetual doubt I can't or anyone really, determine what's fact or evidence.

After all we as individuals and truth seekers can find truth in this world and build around it.
>>
>>23382260
This is the saddest confession. Sorry, sis.
>>
>>23382237
>The cherubs are not gods
Golden dawn still got me fucked up. Is a god appropriate here or would they still work?
>>
>>23382248
>Because worrying over it, fretting over it, defeats whatever magic you put into it.
Why does it work like that?
>>
>>23382265
I'm a dude.

Also that's just your typical projection bs, I'm happy about the truth I have found because it's truth and truth on itself makes me happy.

Can you say the same?
>>
File: adatp.png (3.58 MB, 2136x1100)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
>>23382260
http://kiriakakis.net/comics/mused/a-day-at-the-park
>>
Should the blade of a magic sword be sharp?
>>
>>23382321
yes, sometimes you have to get stabby with those fuckers!
>>
>>23382271
>Golden dawn still got me fucked up. Is a god appropriate here or would they still work?

They used the sign of the bull, when invoking earth. See the opening of the GD's 1=10.

>>23382272
>Why does it work like that?

If you are still wanting something to happen, you are tacitly assuming that maybe it won't. Avoid that shit and forget.

>>23382276
>I'm a dude

Still not interested.

>Also that's just your typical projection bs

No, it really isn't.
>>
>>23382056
Aiwass was Crowley's HGA, he only realised it a while after the writing of the Book of the Law
>>
>>23382299
Cool comics, thanks.

>>23382329
Yes it is.

For starters you have no clue what my life path has been and how much truth I have collected it's not just personal truth but the truth of others and the truths of the world, it's not just information it's also the building blocks of our collective reality.
>>
>>23382321
>Should the blade of a magic sword be sharp?

It's more important, probably, that it be decent steel, and not just a wall-hanger.

>>23382331
>Aiwass was Crowley's HGA, he only realised it a while after the writing of the Book of the Law

There is so much bullshit swirling around that. It's not possible to tell the truth from the lies.
>>
>>23382334
>For starters you have no clue what my life path has been

I know it has led you to pick clueless fights on the internet. Whatever that path had been, you have taken at least one seriously bad turn.
>>
File: pic_harmonics.gif (8 KB, 300x205)
8 KB
8 KB GIF
>>23382321
Sharp, but European swords don't need to be and shouldn't be razor sharp. Even more important is to use a real sword designed and made to be a real sword, not a fake wall-hanger "sword-like object." This is because real swords have properties of harmonic resonance and balance that is essential for their magical use: https://myarmoury.com/feature_properties.html (at the bottom of the page.)
If you can't get a proper sword, use a proper knife (also designed to be a knife and not a prop.)
>>
>>23382351
This isn't a clueless fight.

It's a fight about a very real very prominent clue.

That's my whole point truth exists
>>
>>23379760
When I trace the pentagram in the air, i can't see it at all, but when I thrust into it with the enterer, I can get a pretty clear image projection, depending on how well I vibrate etc. Any tips on seeing it when I trace it, or is that necessary? I've heard mixed shit on this, like that its enough to just note that the pentagram is there even if you don't see it, but that you ought to try and see it.
>>
>>23382372
>That's my whole point truth exists

That explains it. You're in the wrong argument.

>>23382380
>Any tips on seeing it when I trace it, or is that necessary?

For me, it came with practice. Mostly, what I see is like a trail streaming from the tip of the dagger.

>I've heard mixed shit on this, like that its enough to just note that the pentagram is there even if you don't see it, but that you ought to try and see it.

Seeing it is great, but not absolutely necessary.
>>
Guys I made a sigil asking for a glimpse of my HGA and fapped on it. Later in the day I saw spherical greenish entities moving about while in a trance state, in this state I heard a voice which said: "Do not doubt yourself". After all of this I had a mental breakdown with paranoia and a feeling I was going to die. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>23382407
Also I posted this same message some years ago. Got some interesting replies.
>>
>>23382329
>If you are still wanting something to happen, you are tacitly assuming that maybe it won't. Avoid that shit and forget.
Yeah I get that, but I mean in like theory, what does that imply about the operations of magic. I only know about this being a thing in chaos magic, ive not found it anywhere in ceremonial magic.
>>
>>23382407
>What the fuck happened?

Bad technique.

>>23382426
>Yeah I get that, but I mean in like theory, what does that imply about the operations of magic. I only know about this being a thing in chaos magic, ive not found it anywhere in ceremonial magic.

When I was taught ceremonial magic, it was one of the first things I was told. And, of course, I already knew it, having read Crowley.
>>
>>23382397
No sir/lady.

You defend perpetual doubt I don't, that's our argument.
>>
Anyone care to elaborate on this reply from an anon? I'd be happy to, just remember that i'm basically full of shit

So, odds are what you experienced was not "a glimpse of your HGA", in any straightforward way, as that's a deep attainment relative to the effort you put in. On the other hand it's possible, and if you keep pursuing your HGA my bet is you'll eventually see this as a communication or reaching down of some kind so I'll proceed with the assumption that you opened yourself to your HGA with your shitty little wank-ritual and created a space for it to reach down to you. For a better idea of what I have in mind here read the portion of the book of the Zohar Lekh Lekha, especially the part dealing with circumcision and the aligning of tiferet malkuth and yesod (HGA in this context being the tiferet that your action allowed to flow down), or to a lesser extent pretty well any christian writer of renown on grace. Usually this sort of Glimpse would require some sort of regimen of self-work or devotional work to open oneself up to divine lover/beloved, for the HGA tradition check Abramelin and Eshelmans book on the A∴A∴. This would involve a period of self-overcoming and mounting self-knowledge which would at times be troubling and unpleasant. Because you wanted a shortcut, you had to undergo a great deal of this in a short period in order for even a tiny Glimpse to be possible, this was psychologically threatening and overwhelming and frightening. that's the mental breakdown and associated symptoms. Compare the sort of bad trips poeple have before they meet a bening spirit while on ayahuasca, or the recurring motif of the destruction and reconstruction of a shaman, or the sorts of apocalyptic visions many folks have when working enochian. Again please remember I'm full of shit.
>>
>>23382437
Oh shit, yeah, ''lust for result'' and all that.

btw, is the hermetic corpus worth reading wrt ceremonial magic?
>>
>>23382444
>>23382407
These two go together. Sorry for the clusterfuck.

He also replied: WRT feed that eros, keep pushing forward

again the key points for the HGA tradition are abramelin and Crowley ("enflame thyself in prayer"), but you should definitely read The symposium and republic with good commentary (maybe strauss and bloom), and any number of christian mystical and bhakti yoga texts. Basically, you started courting your HGA with your dumb wank-ritual and now the motherfucking dance is on. If you want to consummate the union, you've got to lose yourself in the pursuit. Let the eros drive you to practices to seek the HGA, and let those practices enflame the desire until you are all longing. There will be trials and suffering. Come back and let us know how it's going so we can learn from you and you from us. Again, keep in mind I AM FULL OF SHIT.
>>
>>23382456
Funny how we have to read between the lines of all the crap you write.
>>
>>23382461
Apologies
>>
>>23382442
https://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib148.htm
>>
>>23382442
>No sir/lady.

Sir will do.

>You defend perpetual doubt

This is false.

>>23382449
>btw, is the hermetic corpus worth reading wrt ceremonial magic?

For me, yes, because I am very interested in the history of the Western trad, and I specifically work within a quasi-Renaissance magical framework.

It's probably worth your time, if you have the time.
>>
Thoughts on Biroco? Is he legit crazy or a credible source?
>>
>>23382128
The point of Thelema is opening yourself up to one single being, and that alone, you Holy Guardian Angel. This is your higher self, and through Knowledge and Conversation you come to know your true will.
>>
>>23382544
Is K&C a physic phenomena or is it self knowledge and its acquisition by oneself?
>>
>>23382200
Humans are complete microcosms, spirits aren't, not even angels
>>
reminder that none of this "magic" ever works beyond confirmation bias and delusions.
>>
>>23382559
You already said that like a hundred posts ago.
>>
>>23382559
you insisting reveals a desire to be contradicted

go do some magic then.
>>
>>23382567
>>23382581

I'm literally a different person, but I am glad someone else calls out you retards as well.
>>
>>23382581
Just like a creationist won't do geology or biology, and the flat earther won't do astronomy or physics, the Eternal Fedora refuses to experiment with magic and wonders why those who do discuss their results.
>>
>>23382544
how can one possibly know the nature of a being from a higher plane of existence when we can barely understand the nature of other human beings?

it seems foolish to commune with such spirits considering it's easy to be deceived by mere humans. we have an almost infinite arsenal of tactics at our disposal when it comes to deception so just imagine how many more means of deceiving us, beings from higher planes of existence have, that we can barely comprehend at all.
>>
>>23381898
Thanks!
>>
File: 20190912_120715.jpg (2.63 MB, 4032x1960)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>23382365
I have a bayonet, so the blade isn't sharp but the point is, is that good? Also, will all the rust on it affect it as a magical weapon? It gives it a reddish color, so I think that could add to the Geburah association of the sword.
>>
>>23382623
Would you fight with it?
>>
>>23382631
I would use it as a thrusting weapon
>>
>>23382539
All I can tell you is that he's a heavy hitter.
>>
Can somebody cast a spell on me so I can finally lose my virginity?
>>
>>23382698
You can get your HGA to ``commune'' with you. If you know what i mean!
>>
>>23382697
What does that even mean? That he is a junkie?
>>
>>23382705
show me how
>>
>>23382710
Well your uncle can substitute in that application of the HGA.
>>
>>23382590
On the topic of results, what are the most interesting results you have gotten out of your experiments /OMG/?
>>
What's a good book on automatic writing? Has anyone here had any success with it?
>>
>>23382064
At least someone here knows what's up. Magicians/yogis are just tools or batteries for entities. Everything they do is an invocation for another power to use them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-SQr-gNldE
>>
>>23382897
I use automatic writing for almost everything I do.
>>
>>23382915
Got any tips?
>>
>>23382623
I really have no idea, I know nothing about bayonets. If it was designed and made to be used, and made well, it should be good. Rust shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>23382920
Relax your hand, and start writing. I usually just do the ritual/ invocation, and then just note things I immediately observe.

E.g. I close my eyes, and see my vision is tinted some color. Then I write that. Then notice something else. Write that. The complexity grows pretty fast.

You can see some of my aethyr records on the forum - they should give you an indication of how things progress. Simple blank slate, and then it gets filled in as relevant to the vision.

And then you just write. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>23382937
Thanks guy.
Dumb question but, do you think there'd be any difference between handwriting and typing?
>>
>>23382335
Do we know at least for sure that Aiwass was his HGA?
>>
>>23382956
Yes. Handwriting is superior in almost every way. You can easier note visuals (shapes, motions), and over time you'll find that when you write, things happen to the letters. A small cross there, a small parallel here, and suddenly you've two words in the same spot.

Then there's more fuckery, because your handwriting will, in due time, start appearing entirely different depending on who's talking. Well, not entirely, but *visibly* different. It's quite strange when it happens.
>>
>>23382909
These entities are narrative entities, made of story-stuff. The story of yourself is among them, as well as other people, fictional narrative entities, and many others. Spirit world = world of stories. You are not a singular, but contain many and in turn are among the many: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialogical_self

Narrative entities aren't timeless, but organic beings that change over time. Any narrative entity that says that it is change is lying, and is an enemy of change, which can be the story of yourself if it describes any aspect of yourself as permanent.

In relation to one's self, there's two kinds of narrative entities: parasitic ones that are compelled to be The Story and absolute, and symbiotic ones that engage in mutualistic co-evolution with their host societies, changing with them.
>>
>>23382707
He's pretty good at magic.
>>
>>23382990
>Any narrative entity that says that it is change is lying
should be "Any narrative entity that says that it is changeless is lying"
>>
>>23382365
Is a K-Bar acceptable, if bought for that purpose?
>>
>>23382380
I second this:
>>23382397
Eventually I began to see a trail following the tip of my dagger/wand/thumb, then that began to solidify. So it started out like 'tracers' then ultimately the line following the instrument would remain instead of disappearing like tracers tend to do.
>>
>>23382966
Ahhhh!
Makes sense
Duly noted good sir. I appreciate the help.
Be blessed
>>
>>23380475
take your fucking meds
>>
>>23382965
Given the contents of Liber VII I'd actually say 'yes'.
>>
>>23379760
how do i get a qt3.14 demon to fuck meh? :3
>>
>>23382966
I tried that when I was a teenager. Nothing specific, but just reaching out and trying to get in touch with something. It really is strange when it works.
Anyway, how is it going with the Aethers? I was getting a little worried when I didn’t see a trip, assuming you’re who I think you are.
>>
>>23383167
It's going well enough. Typing them up is the worst part. I'm tapped for energy. Slowly seem to be getting into the swing of things, more comfortable, less sleepy, etc.

It's actually quite nice. I may try to yoke the wife into typing them up later on, if providence allows.

It's the weirdest shit, tbqh.
>>
>>23383174
I imagine I’ll do that one day, but not in the foreseeable future. I’m glad it’s working out; sounds like a wild ride.
>>
Which book on Kabbalah should I read after this one?
>>
About 6 months ago I feel like I had a glimpse of a glimpse of A.'. I feel reluctant to talk about it but I want to learn what it was/if I was right. Any advice?
>>
>>23382591
I think your concept of
>"higher planes of existence"
is simply flawed. "Higher" is one way to conceive of them, but it doesn't necessarily follow that entities from these "planes" are superior in every way. The HGA is something I cannot comment on because I haven't experienced K&C yet, but as far as other entities you have referred to...that was the point another anon was trying to make, I think... that they are of a very different nature from us, but not necessarily superior in all ways
>>
>>23382623
I have the same one. I was told it’s perfectly suitable for planetary work.
>>
>>23382539
>Thoughts on Biroco? Is he legit crazy or a credible source?

Depends upon the subject. He sometimes blows it out his ass, same as everybody else.

>>23382555
>s K&C a physic phenomena or is it self knowledge and its acquisition by oneself?

Yes.

>>23382559
>reminder that none of this "magic" ever works

This is false.

>>23382591
>it seems foolish to commune with such spirits considering it's easy to be deceived by mere humans.

For you, sure. Critical thought takes effort.

>>23382623
>I have a bayonet, so the blade isn't sharp but the point is, is that good?

Yes, that will do.

>Also, will all the rust on it affect it as a magical weapon?

Steel wool and a little light petroleum-based oil.

>>23382909
>Magicians/yogis are just tools or batteries for entities.

This is false.

>>23382965
>Do we know at least for sure that Aiwass was his HGA?

I don't.

>>23383008
>"Any narrative entity that says that it is changeless is lying"

Pretty much.
>>
>>23383188
Probably Sepher Yetzirah.
>>
>>23383174
>trying to marathon the aires
>tapped for energy
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>>23383219
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>23382866
I wish you luck with your labiaplasty.
>>
Surgo, What's the deadline for Solstice submissions? I've been dealing with personal matters but want to be sure I get my submissions in on time
>>
>>23383472
I think it's late October or early November.
>>
>>23382965
I thought Wizard Amalantrah and/or Lam was his HGA?

> Interestingly, I have come across an account by an American visitor to Crowley's flat in Jermyn Street, London, in 1941 or thereabouts, who says that the portrait [he doesn't say who it is, but his description of it — he found it repulsive — leaves no doubt] was on Crowley's wall. When the visitor asked who or what it was, Crowley said that it was a portrait of his guru."
>>
>>23383453
I already read it, it's really short.
>>
>>23383523
>I thought Wizard Amalantrah and/or Lam was his HGA?

No, certainly not.
>>
>>23383538
But Lam was his "guru"? What does this mean in practice?
>>
>>23383537
>I already read it, it's really short

Which edition? And who translated what original?
>>
>>23383542
>But Lam was his "guru"?

No, he was not.
>>
>>23382060
>>23382065
>>23382076
>>23382108
>>23382477
>>23383364
Stop shitting up the thread with textual downvotes and three-word replies you fucking moron.
>>
>>23383549
>Stop shitting up the thread with textual downvotes and three-word replies you fucking moron.

Eat shit.
>>
>>23383549
Also, wtf is a downvote?
>>
Standard wiccan here
How do I learn more about so called "black magic" or evil magic? Things that would require one to make their circle counterclockwise and the like
>>
>>23383572
what is...internet?
>>
>>23383543
https://www.sefaria.org/Sefer_Yetzirah?lang=bi
this one, seems pretty legit to me.
>>
File: 1568317348517.png (89 KB, 805x851)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>23383580
based

>>23383577
>wiccan here
>>
>>23383580
Hang in there, Terry.
>>
>>23383580
based mind of a magician!
>>
>>23383586
Text looks okay, at first glance. Their scholarship blows goats.
>>
File: 1555307713765.png (13 KB, 454x520)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>23383587
>based
Help me find what I'm looking for faggot
>>
>>23383364
I meant psychic phenomena not physic. Is the answer still the same?
>>
>>23383586
>>23383603
The difficulty is that there are at least three textual traditions. Consequently, the Sefer Yetzirah is at least three or more texts.

We can recover a text that probably dates from the 800s. We cannot know what was in any previous text, if there was an earlier text.

>>23383651
It is a phenomenon that appears to effect both the adept and their environment.
>>
>>23383671
How are people who have attained K&C so sure that it cannot be mistaken for anything else? I think I have some experiences that could be classified as K&C. How can one be so sure is my question.
>>
>>23383683
it's only K&C if he touches your no-no's.
>>
>>23383683
>How are people who have attained K&C so sure that it cannot be mistaken for anything else?

How are people who have orgasms sure that they are not mistaken?
>>
>>23383692
Actually, I wonder if there is any sexual implication with “knowledge.”
>>
>>23383692
>>23383698
If that is the case. Then I have had experiences that feel like I am having a shaking orgasm in my whole body that last for minutes even hours.
>>
>>23383729
Also, I think I failed to consume/unify the marriage because I could not let go. The whole event led me to a psychiatric ward.
>>
What is the best way to draw blood for use in rituals/ceremonies?
>>
>>23383756
>psychiatric ward.
exactly where "magicians" should be.
>>
>>23383554
Ahhh, yes, the response of a true man illuminated by God.
The attitude alone betrays total lack of spiritual attainment oif any kind.
>t. someone who is respected by tantrikas in Bihar, Sufis in Kashmir, Buddhist East and West, Christian monks, and representatives of African spirituality.
As someone well travelled and well connected with representatives of traditions with very prestigious pedigrees, I can say that Satyr doesn't share any - I repeat, any - signs of being a Paramahamsa, Pir, Man of God, or living Bodhisattva or Mahasidhha.
His presence doesn't bring peace but strife. His answers leave seeker confused, not with a clear mind. Despite having crossed the Abyss, he still uses I every second post. He thinks he's special, must be worshipped, and above common work (last thread where he says doing manual work makes you stuck to this world, which is a fucking lie: many of the elders I've seen and who told the stories about their most supreme illuminations said they happened while doing simple household chores or workign in the shop or field). The moment he's provoked, he doesn't react with compassion and understanding, but hate and loathing. I can go on and on on.
It's a shame, though, that such splendidly intelligent people as Surgo and Ape fell under his command. A tragedy.
Think about it: why would a person of supreme spiritual attainment spend all the time between dawn and dusk shitposting on 4chan?
>>
>>23383877
Where did Satyr ever say that about manual labor? All I've seen him say on the subject is:
>Before 'enlightenment': chop wood, carry water
>During 'enlightenment': chop wood, carry water
>After 'enlightenment': chop wood, carry water.

Are you sure you're not just making shit up?
>>
>>23383877
at least ape took the time to talk with people
>>
>>23383901
Sure.
About things he knew literally nothing about because leading people astray is the only thing he knew how to do.
>>
>>23383729
>Then I have had experiences that feel like I am having a shaking orgasm in my whole body that last for minutes even hours.

Good for you.

>>23383877
>The attitude alone betrays total lack of spiritual attainment oif any kind.

This is false.

>>23383900
>Where did Satyr ever say that about manual labor?

She's kinda deluded.

>>23383927
>About things he knew literally nothing about because leading people astray is the only thing he knew how to do.

This is false.
>>
>>23383949
How do you know it's a she?
>>
>>23380438
They do. Psychological warfare, propaganda, subterfuge, etc exist.
>>
File: LucifervsGhost.jpg (64 KB, 477x641)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
drive go*gle com/drive/folders/
1vZYnhBoGV8vlD9HnR-a5VWzs_U_1SVzd
Large collection by some r*dditor. 2000 occult books of dubious origin.
>>
>>23383949
>the only person allowed to shit all over ape because he doesn't know what he's talking about IS ME
You are a deeply disturbed old man.
>>
>>23383877
This is true.
>>
>>23383966
>How do you know it's a she?

I realized I always addressed Anon as male, because 4chan. So, I sometimes do the opposite, because that's fair.

I am sure there are women that hate me just as much. Why be biased?

>>23384015
>You are a deeply disturbed old man.

If you need me to be, sure. I will be your Satan. I have broad shoulders.
>>
>>23384055
How’d you find this place?
Sometimes I forget where we are.
>>
>>23384220
>How’d you find this place?

4chan? No idea. It's been a long time.
>>
>>23383683
>how do you know hga, etc.
if it's not hga, it will probably be willing to satisfy your desires or whatever. if it is hga, hga don't give a fuck about your gay desires. i suppose you could also do some form of divination to confirm whether or not it's the real deal.
idk. i'm still a noob at this and have a lot to learn.
>>
>>23384228
I don’t remember either, come to think of it.
>>
why doesnt my last sigil work
ive done it twice now, i think
>>
>>23383877
Satyr is a fucking faggot and if he is the best that thelema can shit out, and he is, then thelema is complete shit and every thelemite is a dumb cunt. Thelemites are like discordians and theosophists: a shitty meme that too many people fell for.
>>
>>23384327
>why doesnt my last sigil work
>ive done it twice now, i think

If you forgot about the first, how could you do it twice?
>>
>>23384339
>"That's why I recommend the high quality and informative videos at Become a Living God and V.K. Jehannum!"
>>
>>23384362
its something ive been wanting for a long time, i cant forget it, i can only forget doing the sigil itself
>>
>>23384339
this is true.
>>
>>23384387
>something ive been wanting for a long time, i cant forget it

That could be the reason.

It's also possible that what you're asking for is out of all proportion to the effort you put into it.
>>
>>23384327
If you do it twice, they cancel each other out
>>
I used magic yesterday to make my crush leave her boyfriend.

It worked and it worked perfectly like i wanted it to work. Until here i was still a little bit sceptikal about all this and only had mixed result but this experiment really shattered my expectations.
>>
>>23384416
>I used magic yesterday to make my crush leave her boyfriend.
the height of magic!!
Highschoolers and their crushes.
>>
>>23384416
How about you tell her what you did and then see what happens?
>>
>>23384436
the guy was an asshole, to be honest. I'm not a white knight or anything, really, but you don't beat up the woman you're with.
Especially when i have a little something for her. I used to be kind of a chad and that pretty much ruined women for me, but this one is cool.
What i was supposed to do, fight him head on?
I'm not confident enough about my strength for this, and i don't think the guy would have learned anything.

From a moral stand point, i'm okay with what i did.
Sure i apparently fucked up a bit with the fabric of reality somehow but it's not really a big deal.
Guess what,when i'll get with her i will tell her if things get serious.
>>
>>23384742
Wanting to split an abusive couple is one thing.

Doing it because you want to slip your kielbasa into her fuckslot is another.
>>
If you guys believe in this shit why not believe in God since you got the certitude the occult is real. Why choose the side that'll take you to hell?
>>
>>23384785
>you guys believe in this shit why not believe in God

No compelling reason to believe, and very compelling reasons not to believe.
>>
>>23384778
Here's the thing : i don't just want to slip my kielbasa into her fuckslot. I want to be with her and learn more about her and all that jazz, you know what i mean. Sure i will probably fuck her astral body out of her in the process but it's not my main objective.
Heck i'm sure we're on earth to learn about those things too.
>>
File: myimage.png (752 KB, 674x696)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
>I used to be kind of a chad.
>>
is it possible to scry in a bright area?

or like a kinda gloomy cause the light fully hitting it?
>>
>>23384974
I think it's personal.
>>
>>23384874
Anon, I really hope you’ve already established yourself as the back-up guy. If not, she’s talking to him.
>>
so HGA fags, if anything not involving that is black magic.

than arent you saying that all thee priests and such who provide a service and keep away bad shit are black magic practitioners? isnt that arrogant?
>>
>>23379931
Always fun when thelema shitters come running with 100 year old documents like they're explosive revelations.
>>
File: threats.png (20 KB, 674x108)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>23385094
>>
Hello all, how do I gain power from the full moon on friday the 13th?? I am male, virgin, the quality of my blood is ok but I have a chronic hereditary illness that is my only weakness, keeping my consciousness anchored to the physical plane as i have to worry about my body
Ideally I don't want to have to kill anything but just want to know what my options are to gain the most power from this full moon, thanks
>>
Yeah, any advice on working with the planetary gods on friday the 13th,I desire attracting womens and being socialy cool thats all, thank you
>>
>>23384785
>Magic sends you to hell
According to whom? Why should I trust them?
>>
>>23384785
>why not believe in God

I wish more Christians would open their hearts and minds to God.
>>
>>23385245
most american christians fear god

and probably have not read the bible
>>
>>23379760
whats the deal on pyromancy?
>>
>>23385148
>>23385116
Looks like noone else it talking about it, Check link OP and pick out something and start reading. If I can't find anything tonight I'm just going to fucking wing it, as usual.
>>
>>
Why magick so complicated? I feel like the Orphic Hymns are all anyone really needs.
>>
>>23385816
Sad but true.
>>
>>23385779
Doesn’t seem that bad if you strip away the bs. There’s a lot of arguing over technicalities, but really that’s because people talk about things they haven’t experienced. For example, it would be a mess if I tried to argue about the details of k&c, or even understand them. You just have to experience it. When you look at the heart of it, it’s relatively simple. I think that’s why Satyr is so terse and absolute with his responses. It’s only complicated if you make it so.
>>
How valid are planets outside of the 'classical' seven (and/or the current attributions thereof) in magical work?
Most attempts to describe Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, etc. in an astrological context seem completely arbitrary, to me at least.
>>
>>23386018
Jupiter exerts an influence over earth to dampen us, so shit in a specific alignment matters. Don't ask what positions and what effects because I literally have no clue. Follow your trial and error and intuition and it should be gucci.
>>
>>23386032
So I'm no longer saturn because ripped took that meme?
>>
>>23386018
I think they move far to slowly and are too far away to significantly affect much on earth relevant to practical magic.
>>
>>23386062
Anon anything can provoke a change of any size.

The world is just that complicated.
>>
>>23386062
>I need a girlfriend but venus moves sooooo slow
first world problems
>>
>>23386069
fucken checked and kek.
>>
>>23386069
He will tire soon.

After all he can do many things and is probably juggling them as we speak.
>>
>>23386234
>>23386227
>>23386069
not the gf sorcerer guy but id like a gf as well
what ritual do i perform
sigils didnt work
>>
>>23386018
This is something I’ve wondered myself. I’ve read, even in a book on astrology, that the astronomical bodies themselves are insignificant, just acting as symbols for classification. If that’s true, well, it could easily be argued that the additional bodies we recognize today represent deeper meanings, because “as above, so below.”
But, if the celestial bodies are not inherently meaningful, it seems that astrology as a whole is useless. That’s probably as true as the psychological model - just something to soften-up the skeptics.
If there is any meaning in the position of planets, and therefore astrology, then ones outside of the seven are equally significant because of their existence. What their true meanings are is beyond me, but they likely fill-in gaps that may exist within astrology. Anyone who has attempted to apply astrological significance to these will surely realize this, so I expect that there is a true, or almost true attribution out there for each by now. I assume that the seven got their meaning from consensus, so that’s likely going to be the case with the others. I’m just thinking out loud here.
>>
I'm attending my first Gnostic Mass tomorrow, on Friday the 13th, during a full moon. What should I expect?
>>
>>23386018
>>23386272
That came out very wordy. A less mercurial answer is:
as valid as the other seven.
>>
Planetary orbital periods tend to be simple ratios of each other, so if you speculate there are next order systems which also cycle at harmonious ratios, it seems like the planets could match up.
>>
>>23386547
Forgot pic.
>>
What's a good incense for general use?
>>
>>23386018
>How valid are planets outside of the 'classical' seven (and/or the current attributions thereof) in magical work?

They're slow and a long ways away.

>>23386872
>What's a good incense for general use?

Olibanum.
>>
So the angels that John Dee communicated with prefer Christianity as a model, and Σ said there's room for exotic Christianity, but how far can you go before they start punishing you/getting pissed? Do they see pagan practices as demonic like scholars from the Christian era did?
>>
>>23387640
>So the angels that John Dee communicated with prefer Christianity as a model, and Σ said there's room for exotic Christianity, but how far can you go before they start punishing you/getting pissed? Do they see pagan practices as demonic like scholars from the Christian era did?

When I started practicing, I was trying real hard to be a Thelemite. I wasn't shunned for it.

Angels expect a certain degree of deference and respect and commitment, in my experience. The most important point, I think, is that they strongly implied to Dee that they decide who's naughty and who's nice.
>>
>>23386252
The gf ritual is actually several rituals combined. It's all about raising your charisma. First ritual is washing away any foul auras by showering, next is positively charging your crown Chakra by combing your hair, then you buff your charisma by shaving your face, then after that you equip your finest threads and fabric wearables, dark shades if you are big mclargehuge or light shades and khakis if you are skinny or a manlet. The last ritual which is also several rituals is approaching women with romantic intent. Even if you have little to no exp with women go for the less attractive women first to help build your confidence and also make the attractive single women jealous.
>>
>>23387777
>The gf ritual is actually several rituals combined. It's all about raising your charisma

Nothing you suggest is going to make much difference.
>>
>>23387795
Yeah, he did forget the best ritual for attaining women over the age of 22. Do the "get a fucking job" ritual.
>>
>>23387773
That's rather comforting. I was worried that I was wasting my time memorizing a chapter of 65, when I'm losing interest in Thelemic rituals in comparison to exploring enochian directly. If they don't care too much about theology as long as you listen and don't try to dick them around or be careless I am a lot less worried about this kind of work.
>>
>>23387810
That can help.

But a well-groomed, flush low-charismatic won't compete well against a highly charismatic individual.
>>
>>23387813
>If they don't care too much about theology as long as you listen and don't try to dick them around or be careless I am a lot less worried about this kind of work.

I honestly wouldn't worry.

I kind of enjoyed memorizing my chapter.
>>
>>23387821
I'm not having a bad time. I just get anxious every few months that I'm doing everything wrong and wasting my time.
>>
>>23387851
I wish I had your worries.

My concerns are that this pieces of shit would destroy the world and brainwash millions of kids just to get some free nudes.
>>
>>23387862
?
>>
>>23387851
>I just get anxious every few months that I'm doing everything wrong and wasting my time.

Welcome to the human condition!
>>
>>23387875
Think about it, if you could spam the internet manipulate ads and use captcha to deliver messages.

And if your known day occupation is to get nudes and clicks.

Wouldn't you use it to get to fuck with as much people as possible?
>>
>>23387883
No?
>>23387882
And so it goes
>>
>>23387910
>And so it goes

The good news? It gets better. Doubt will disappear, someday. It's rather the point of all this.
>>
>>23387930
Occasionally I use psychedelics to fall back in love with Adonai and get some urgency back into my practice, is that too much of a crutch for this stage?
>>
>>23387966
>Occasionally I use psychedelics to fall back in love with Adonai and get some urgency back into my practice, is that too much of a crutch for this stage?

I think it's just fine.

Psychedelics are sometimes a great reminder of why we do this.
>>
>>23387983
Degenerate
>>
>>23387988
Incel.
>>
>>23386018
>How valid are planets outside of the 'classical' seven (and/or the current attributions thereof) in magical work?
They aren't, the SY doesn't even acknowledge them. And the Hebrew alphabet didn't create them.
>>
I'm reading Dion Fortunes's Psychic Self-Defense and it really seems like she's talking about me when describing souls incarnated from the elemental plane.
My mother was similar to me in this, and as a child I saw her as an alemental aggregate (visually).
Do you guys have any recommended reading for a potential alien looking for a decent life here?
>>
>>23388339
"Seven double letters: Bet, Gimel, Dalet; Kaph, Pe, Resh, Taw. He carved them, hewed them, combined them, weighed them and exchanged them, and he formed with them the planets, the days,
and the apertures." - SY, §39
>>
>>23388473
That was gorgeous to read thanks anon.
>>
>>23388484
That's from Hayman's translation of the Saadyan recension. It's sweet.
>>
>>23388496
Sure is.

Maybe life ain't as terrible as it feels.
>>
The Hershey Squirts Highway runs brown with regret.
>>
File: 1562352977128.jpg (33 KB, 426x593)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>Friday the 13th
>Full Moon

Seems like a great day for magick, what rituals are you all doing tonight?
>>
>>23387777
I'm well groomed, always clean, tall, and pretty attractive, but I've never had a girlfriend because I'm completely socially inept
>>
Is there anything wrong with the 7th edition of Regardie's Golden Dawn? Should I get the 6th?
>>
>>23388520
I'm going to a Gnostic Mass
>>
>>23388791
Don't know. The 6th ed is in the mega.
>>
>>23388459
I thought she was trying to explain sociopathy or autism. I don’t remember exactly, but it hit the nail on the head for something like that.
>>
>>23388779
You’ve just got to try. When you see a little interest from a girl, jump on it, because it’s usually fleeting. Throw away the notions of fairytale love and star cross’d lovers; you have to do the work yourself. Eye contact isn’t enough.
I know, it sucks.
>>
>>23388948
>When you see a little interest from a girl, jump on it, because it’s usually fleeting
this ^^
>>
>>23388948
Bitches love my eyeball contract.
>>
>>23387966
I don’t really understand the concept of Adonai, at least in the context of that thing about pathworking in konx om pax. Adonai sounds more like a guide and guardian than a general name of God. Anything I can look at to understand this?
>>
>>23389039
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a huge part, but it won’t do all the work. Never expect “love at first sight” to be mutual, or make up for a lack of action.
>>23389026
Hi Sevenleaf.
>>
>>23389051
Adonai is another name for the HGA
>>
>>23389051
>Adonai sounds more like a guide and guardian than a general name of God. Anything I can look at to understand this?

Crowley used Adonai as a synonym for HGA.
>>
>>23389075
Oh, I should have thought of that.
>>
>>23389075
It's a title for Lord not necessarily HGA.
>>
>>23389089
Context is important.
>>
>>23389089
Who is your Lord?
>>
>>23389089
The word means Lord, Jews called God Adonai, Crowley called the HGA Adonai
>>
>>23388520
I'm going to perform a pathworking of Ayin.
>>
>>23388520
I have to work until after midnight. I think after I get home I'll just meditate to try for some new insights that might help me out with what I'm working on now.
>>
>>23379760

If Σ is here, could you help me out a bit.

https://archive.org/details/IsraelRegardie-TheGoldenDawnblackBrick1986-Enhanced/page/n403

Reading this bit here and comparing it to the method laid out in CM 102, its not clear to me whether banishing should be done at the end. Here it says not to do it as it can ''discharge'' the talisman. Also, is this section here generally legit? It looks like a lot of the stuff in here can be cut out by using more modern sigil methods as in CM 102.
>>
>>23389148
>the point
>your head
>>
>>23389227
My Lord, IIRC
>>
Can you really make yourself invisible with magic?
>>
>>23389512
In the sense that people don't notice you, apparently. Crowley claimed to have experimented with invisibility magic in Mexico, where he would go out into the city wearing a crown and a red robe or something, and nobody noticed him, he also claimed to have used it to evade a mob in India.
>>
>>23389528
I wonder how someone would even approach that. Elemental spirits?
>>
>>23389542
Invisibility is a Solar power, isn't it?

>>23389528
Marilyn Monroe was also allegedly very capable of becoming "invisible" in public spaces. I mean... Wow, imagine walking right past Marilyn Monroe and not even noticing her. But apparently that was a power she possessed.
>>
>>23389542
Crowley says that he experimented with a mirror and invoking Harpocrates.

Here's the source:

https://hermetic.com/crowley/articles/i-make-myself-invisible

There are other methods as well, one in the Golden Dawn also I believe. There are a bunch of European folk magic and PGM ones, but unless you have the head of a monkey available, I wouldn't go for them.
>>
>>23389542
Rose Cross Ritual? Godform of Harpocrates? I think I've seen these both mentioned in reference to invisibility.
>>
Do you believe in God?
>>
>>23389587
>Rose Cross Ritual
This hides you on the astral.

>Godform of Harpocrates
I think Crowley assumed the form while staring at a mirror until his reflection began to fade or something. There isn't much detail.
>>
>>23389406
>Reading this bit here and comparing it to the method laid out in CM 102, its not clear to me whether banishing should be done at the end.

You don't have to banish, if it concerns you. I like to bookend my ritual space unless I have a solid reason to leave it "hanging open".

Since I would be charging the talisman using an VIIIth or IXth op, I shouldn't be be worried about discharge, not in that sense.

It may have been a poor assumption on my part.

>Also, is this section here generally legit? It looks like a lot of the stuff in here can be cut out by using more modern sigil methods as in CM 102

Yes. As above, we have better technology. We can cut out a lot of the froofroo.

>>23389528
>In the sense that people don't notice you, apparently

It's a manipulation of attention. Maybe.

I knew someone who could go invisible. You knew he was in the apartment, but he was almost impossible to find, if he did not want to be found.

>>23389596
>Do you believe in God?

In what sense?
>>
>>23389616
>I knew someone who could go invisible.
I’ve noticed this in myself. Unless someone’s looking right at me, if I don’t want them to notice me, I can walk within two feet of them and not be seen. It’s actually kind of odd, I’m always startling people.
>>
What do you think of Gnosticism?
>>
>>23389585
>summon demon
Terrorizes people
>go somewhere else
>summon demon princes
Terrorizes entire area

Gotta love Crowley
>>
>>23389616
>In what sense?
A single omnipotent creator deity
>>
>>23389616

Thanks, that clears up a few things. I guess a license to depart and then banishing after putting away the talisman would be alright.

Though, the charging of the talisman concerns me a bit, the more modern way would be staring at it to the point of one-pointedness. I have read about some older semitic methods where the talisman is charged depending on its element, like an air one would be hag in a tree or tied to a bird, an earth one would be buried, etc, I wonder if that's viable at all.

>VIIIth or IXth op
I'm not sure what these represent.
>>
>>23389639
>Unless someone’s looking right at me, if I don’t want them to notice me, I can walk within two feet of them and not be seen. It’s actually kind of odd, I’m always startling people.

It's easier than it seems.

>>23389673
>What do you think of Gnosticism?

Fascinating stuff.

>>23389684
>A single omnipotent creator deity

I have insufficient reason to believe that.

>>23389696
>I'm not sure what these represent

Sex magic. They're techniques associated with degrees of the OTO.
>>
"At the base of the tree, In the diagram, stands Eve, the Nephesch, who, in opposition to the divine Feminine, stands for the "dark, earth-born, feminine principle with its emotionality and instinctiveness reaching far back into the depths of time, and into the roots of physiological continuity," says Jung. But here is Crowley's subsequent interpretation of her:

Let not the Magician forget for a single second what is his one sole business. His uninitiated "self" (as he absurdly thinks it) is a mob of wild women, hysterical from uncomprehended and un sated animal instinct; they will tear Pentheus, the merely human king who presumes to repress them, into ,mere shreds of flesh; his own Mother, Nature, the first to claw at his windpipe! None but Bacchus, the Holy Guardian Angel, hath grace to be God to this riot of maniacs; he alone can transform the disorderly rabble into a pageant of harmonious movements, tune their hyaena howls to the symphony of a paean, and their reasonless rage to self-controlled rapture"

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>23389909
Source?
>>
>>23389932
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/377495.The_Eye_in_the_Triangle
>>
>>23389942
Like he says, the initiated mind is a hot steamy mess. They are comparing this state to Eve and the nephesh.
>>
>>23390001
>initiated mind

UNITIATED mind
>>
Here's the bibliography of all the strains of elaboration I can find in DBoE, from my like 80 pgs of notes:

>Western
Sefer Yetzirah, commented by Aryeh Kaplan (particularly chapter six)
Book of Enoch
Thunder: The Perfect Mind
Essentially all of Rudolph's Gnostic material with special attention to the Mandeans.
Chaldean Oracles of Zoroaster
The Black Brick (Complete Golden Dawn)
Liber 65
Liber 7
Liber Stellae Rubeae
The Vision and the Voice
AHA (Crowley)
Agrippa's Second Book of Occult Philosophy
Complete Austin Osman Spare (including artwork)
The first Typhonian trilogy (MAYBE the second)
Additional MSS 36674 (Sloane)
Liber Asassiel (see above)
Sacrificial Universe (David Chaim Smith)
Kabbalistic Mirror of Genesis
Complete Magician's Tables
Strong's Concordance, Godwin's Qabbalah,Numberman.net, Bill H.'s tables, etc.

>Eastern (Near/Far)
Gathas/Yasna (or the Avesta, these are Zoroastrian scriptures. The material of most note is related to Zahak and/or various dragons)
A King's Book of Kings (see above)
“Yezidism: Its Background, Observances, and Texts”, I think some of the Yezid influence comes via the hymns in this book.
Anything that will give you a basic foundational understanding of Arabic astronomy/astrology/astrotheology, etc.
Kali Kaula by Jan Fries
Kaulajnananirnaya
Kiss of the Yogini
Triadic Heart of Shiva
Anandalahare
Hevajra Tantra
Shri Yantra and the Sidereal Astrology (Lokanath)
Tantraloka
Paratrisikavivirana

>Afro-Carib material:
African Divination Systems: Ways of Knowing
Way of the Orisa
Kindoki
Palo Mayombe: The Garden of Blood and Bones
Pomba Gria and the Quimbanda
Exu
At the Crossroads

>Sabbatic Background:
Xoanon and most of Three Hands.
All works of Carlo Ginzberg
All works of Emma Wilby
Various early witchcraft manuscripts
>>
>>23390095
I remember when Ape posted that.
>>
>>23390103
Just posting for reference. I miss Ape.
>>
The short phrases after the barbarous words in Samekh, are these supposed to be spoken or are they notes like “myself made perfect.”?
>>
>>23389227
>The word means Lord, Jews called God Adonai
Adonai roughly translates to "the one", not ruler, lord or anything of the like.
>>
>>23390377
Proof?
>>
>>23390360
>The short phrases after the barbarous words in Samekh, are these supposed to be spoken or are they notes like “myself made perfect.”?

They're just notes.
>>
>>23390612
>Adonai ( אֲדֹנָי, lit. "My Lords") is the plural form of adon ("Lord") along with the first-person singular pronoun enclitic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Judaism#Adonai
>>
>>23389766
Hey if I use a hexagram for zodiacal pathworking should I banish it after?
>>
>>23391273
Not if you intend to move on in a reasonable amount of time. Banish if it's something gnarly that you don't want to linger, though.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.