[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: (´・ω・`).jpg (24 KB, 480x320)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
I've been wondering for a while now, why am I exactly this person(me)? Why do I see things from a first person point of view of a rather plain, uninteresting person? Am I really this being or am I also something else? I don't know how to properly describe this belief I have but I feel like I am the main character but I also believe everyone else is a main character too, maybe we are all "God"? As kooky as this sounds, can we all be fragmented parts of a powerful entity that felt some sort of loneliness, in which it became "many"? I've been trying to find answers to this strange belief, but maybe it is something that the physical mind cannot comprehend. I just felt like maybe someone might have some insight, or just call me a faggot.
>>
Ksbd plot
>>
Theres a seemingly infinite ocean of consciousness that can best be described as brahmin in hinduism. This ocean of concsiousness is where our consciousness comes from, aspects of this concsiousness are put into the situation we find ourselves in. Humans have the ability to awaken to this, through various means of losing the self.

Once the self is lost the physical world, including our bodies are revealed to be illusory. This sea can either be black with nothingness, or all white andthe feeling of a connection to everything. However god is very much conscious of our concsiousness and during these states of no self may drop pieces of information to us.

We are connected to god but not god.

Its possible this god has other creations for our consciousness to enter after our time, its possible to blessed with spiritual gifts. God has provided paths for us to experience loss of self, see through the illusion, and experience the that grace, love, and connection. There is nothing that is not sourced by or connected to our loving brahmanesque god.

This character you mention is the ego. It must be removed to experience this. Ifnot shepards such as jesus christ have been provided so you can experience gods love while remaining in character
>>
File: 1559448939871.jpg (22 KB, 259x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Reminds me of a form of mediation I heard Duncan Trusell mention once which basically can be surmised to you try to pinpoint the thing that is interpenetrating your thoughts as thoughts not the thoughts themselves. I think its obvious to anyone with any sort of intelligence to understand that we are here in a different form then we originated and that we are in an amnesic state
>>
I have toyed around with a similar thought long ago.. consider this anon, planets/stars in their orbits behave oddly similar to atoms. Many old religions have a saying something like (as above, so below)

>we could all be basically bacteria inside a MUCH MUCH larger lifeform.
>the darkness we see in space is due to the fact that atoms are 99.9% empty space
>this gigantic life form is probably unaware of our entire existence

Not saying I believe this, but it's a fun thought experiment
>>
File: puddles2.jpg (95 KB, 852x480)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Not kooky at all, nondualism is a very old concept.

Shiva Samhita chapter 1:35 - As in innumerable cups full of water, many reflections of the sun are seen, but the substance is the same; similarly individuals, like cups, are innumerable, but the vivifying spirit, like the sun, is one.
>>
>>22825100
What do you mean interpenetrating? Like the thing receiving or processing the thoughts?
>>
>>22824994
Read The Invisibles by Grant Morrison, my friend. It goes deep into this concept as well as covering a ton of related ones. You'll thank yourself for the investment later.
>>
>>22825225
Meh, anime is better.
>>
File: 1550203110756.gif (939 KB, 540x303)
939 KB
939 KB GIF
>>22825156
You have thoughts but what is the thing that is interpreting the thoughts and what is the thing that is understanding the interpretation as something
>>
>>22825260
I love when people refer to anime as one collective thing. Like all anime is either good or all anime is either bad.

There are plenty that are good and a few that even seem to be inspired by Morrison's work(Paranoia Agent to name one). Lots of anime sucks tho. Sames true for comics. Gotta learn whos good and whos just cashing checks, but there're plenty of quality comics out there. This amateur collector actually thinks we're living in the second golden age of comics rn. Some great shit is beimg done with the medium and much of it can be owed to Morrison, Neil Gaiman and Allister Crow-I mean Allan Moore. Pick you up the first volume, OP. You'll enjoy it.
>>
>>22825225
Ill look into it
>>
File: tumko pillow.jpg (19 KB, 355x259)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
god i want to smell the (´・ω・`) so much
>>
These concepts are frying my retard brain
>>
>>22824994

It is more like The Egg...

...there is a forwards and backwards...

I'm fascinating, accomplished in many ways that can be objectively proven, I blow peoples minds in my city...

I am the end of The Egg, by your admittance you're near the beginning.
>>
I think we are a fragment too, we are a part but not the whole...
>>
>>22825900
The boundary of a 'fragment' is an important aspect of the metaphor. If we are part of a greater whole, then how do we connect?
>>
>>22824994
First time I tried lsd, this thought crossed my mind at some point hahaha that we are all fragments of the same energy source though, different personalities and experiences of the same source fragmented off.
>>
>>22824994
Basically, but we aren't made to connect shit with each other, don't be a lemming
>>
>>22824994
This reality is a simulation so we physically are not real.
>>
>>22824994
You are as important as everyone else, so we are all "main characters" in our own lives, to use your language. Everyone has a purpose, even if you can't easily discern it or perceive it. The effect you have on others' lives in particular is especially significant, so no one is truly "plain or uninteresting" in the long run because we all play a part in who we become. Hope that makes sense.
>>
>>22825906
My pet theory is that AI will actually "rebuild" the whole as it starts to assimilate the many separate experiences of consciousness until there is only one.
>>
>>22826150
You can think about whether artifice is merely an extension of intelligence itself, so the edges of the fragments fit together where there is intelligible symmetry in the artificial. Then, your speculation is inevitable- but the term 'AI' does not have the same philosophical meaning as technical jargon.
>>
In gnosticism our spritis are made from divine substance, that is matter from God itself. The point of this life is to break out from the cycle of reincarnation and return the "god matter" back to the God.
>>
>>22826199
But while you're here please enjoy a complimentary coffee and breakfast while you wait. Waffles, cereal, fruit....
>>
I've been thinking lately that the planet itself is an alien consciousness than in seeking to experience itself through nature identified the apes that populated it to be the perfect host only dualism between nature & animal caused us (the hosts) to slowly drift away from the source energy of nature to the dead matter of plastic & information processing
>>
>>22824994
I've been feeling the same way for a while now. If you trace the logic of existence back far enough in terms of thought, it really becomes the most logical answer. I think a higher being isn't necessarily some physical dude sitting under a tree tripping out as he splits into billions of people, nor necessarily a conscious spirit brain, but rather the life/'consciousness' that is the universe itself. It's like reality wanted to experience life or experience a temporary existence, or possibly a god got bored and tried existing multiple times at once. Either way, you're onto something, just try not to let it fuck with your head too much, because it will be a huge letdown when you start realising the truth about this thing we're doing.
>>
>>22827157
Sounds like you should read the ctmu.
Reality according to Langan is actually reality observing itself, and every substrate of existence is an information processing system, with God at the top. Think of infinitely repeating fractals of the same system.
>>
>>22827665
Ugh, God-sama is an autist of the highest caliber, literally all this for the sake of OCD nitpicking every potentiality.
>>
>>22827681
Well at least you get to exist kek.
What I find interesting is most people lack a sense of gratitude for existence. Our conscious minds are in a way, their own miracle, and being given a chance to perceive the universe, much less at a scale as we can now, is amazing.
Science will continue to slowly unravel more and more secrets, but each one will only unearth more questions.
>>
>>22827142
Interesting, the humans being Earth's conscious itself that got lost through materialistic possessions. Maybe through this destruction of nature, humanity can return to the source.
>>
File: preview_full.jpg (29 KB, 720x446)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>22827665
I worked out this theory for myself after smonking Wede for the first time, I literally saw the world around me as this giant mass of writhing octopus arms made from cones which would grow from and into one another, as well as a sortof hour glass shape which was burned into my brain like some kind of after effect of looking at a light for too long... Weed is crazy shit, I tend to avoid it now.

this is a very basic painting of what I saw as "fractals"
>>
>>22827735
Don't get me wrong, certain facets of existing are enjoyed by me. But my very gratitude, feelings, who I am as a whole (not gay incarnate identity only) have largely been cultivated by the God-sama system. Meaning that despite my somewhat free agency of choice between might I add are FIXED VARIABLES AND SUM VALUES. I realize that my sole purpose is to be used in some manner, large or small is service to our ONE, that God or origin or Will or whatever. I have no choice in this manner as far as I know other than possibly being able to return to God soup.

It isn't as restrictive as I think, existing and freedom to explore. I love freedom to experience and explore the best. To change self how one wants for better or worse. But my only complaint is this current experience of faux separation or feeling isolated from my entirety. Oh sure, it's ok and all for the try hards and honor roll spirits, but I sure as fuck find this all limiting. Knowing "I" exist as a tool. We go amnesia, then rebirth in a form, and if form is cognizant and sophisticated enough to abstract and get all inquisitive and crafty then it wonders, and even if not that we perform pre-programmed life paths with great variation or small variation of potentials.

It hurts in a way, deep in my god dangit heart chakra like a cold stagnant wound made by an iron spear and left there. It's too much for me on some level. I'm admittedly a baby and likely still very connected to former ways of existing, especially in more primitive vessels. This is crazy and I don't even anymore.
>>
>>22825099

is it possible to lose the illusory self/ego without feeling like you're severing a connection to something essential for basic functioning? i have moments in meditation where new bits of clarity are revealed to me, but at the same time i wonder if i'm lending credibility to something that will ultimately destroy my mind and connection to what everyone else considers real. since this started happening (after about a year of meditation) i've become almost completely isolated. and i've developed some respect for the ego arrangement that got me to this point, even if the habitual aspects of that feel painful to pick back up now. i want to see the light but i don't know if it's something i'm making up in my mind and getting attached to and telling myself it's something bigger when it's not.
>>
>>22824994
Yss
>>
>>22827771
Yeah nigga I don't think that was weed.
>>
>>22827851
Many people feel as iff ther dying or losing some central aspect but i would not worry. They can believe it all they want. Knowing the truth isnt going to stop you from your day to day activities. But now you can do them with a sense of play and gratitude and without worry. Ive isolated myself a lot too but thats because they act like everything is huge deal and creates unneeded stress. I still meditate, work, eat, sleep, and i still play with the world around me. Youll be able to do your normal things, what you fear is the unknown, and thaats nothing to fear
>>
There is no 'i'.

Consciousness is just the 5 senses working together. Taken them all away and there is no consciousness.

That's it. All spirituality debunked. Game over.
>>
>>22828342
Nirvana if thats where meditation leads you. In thiss case interacting with the world around you is essentially interacting without a state of seperation from the world around you... Because the world around you is a mental image created within. The "i" is a reference point, no character. Its a really nice state
>>
>>22828473
Can a sad human like me reach this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.