[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Recently this video has gone viral and it has me thinking how we can assess the level of consciousness within animals if any. They are believed to be acting soley on instinct but i dont think thats the case anymore. Anyone has instances of animals showing true levels of conciousness and awareness of onesself?
>>
>>22820874
Spiders listen to your thoughts. Im no sure they understand like we do, but they will react to you speaking to them through your mind.
Birds also do this
>>
>>22820882
also dogs
>>
>>22820892
Dogs on another level. Closest to us besides dolphin/elephant. Theres a reason dogs have outlasted as mans main Animal. Dogs might be 4D. A reason Gods name is Dog in english. You are either followed, or you are a follower
Dogs are highly sensitive to Magic. Good or bad, it pisses them the fuck off
>>
>>22820892
Dogs really do have a good emotional sense. Both my dogs used to stick by my side whenever i was having a bad or negative vibes around me. They'd stick around usually until they saw me smile and then they'd relax by me.
>>
>>22820874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M92OA-_5-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EjukzL-bJc
>>
>>22820903
>dogs might be 4D
>>
>>22820882
Once was staring at a crow on a power line, looked at him and tapped my finger nail 3 times in tempo on the glass.
In time, not a second behind, crow taps its beak on the line exact same speed 3 times and looks at me
>>
>>22820874
Look at cats. Every cat has different personality. Most of them are egoists. Ego is a synonym for consciousness.
>>
>>22820910
2D friend. Racoons, Rats and maybe Crows and Ravens are also very close to self awareness.
>>
>>22820930
so when one experiences ego death, it's actually losing consciousness?
>>
>>22820874
Animals with the largest amounts of white matter (as opposed to grey matter) - that's frontal lobe - are smarter. That's why cats, rats, ravens, dolphins, and humans are so smart, because the ratio of white to grey matter is relatively high.
>>
>>22820947
the 4th dimension is time. So, everything is 4d. But I get what you're saying
>>
>>22820874
>Anyone has instances of animals showing true levels of conciousness and awareness of onesself?
You mean like this video ??!! Is this serious? That's a person holding on the the other end of that pen, with their hand OFF SCREEN !
>>
>>22820991
I thought this as well. The lobster is also clearly dead, you can tell by the way the legs drag across the desk.
>>
>>22820991
Try and hold a pen from the top and try to write. The pressure wouldnt be enough for the numbers to come out clear as shown.
Also the lobster cant be dead because you can clearly see its other claw opening and moving freely so i dont believe its faked.
>>
>>22820910
Sorry, I meant K9
>>
>>22820975
Do you think there is a certain percentage of white to grey matter that allows for conciousness and concious thought?
>>
>>22820874
Probably slightly higher than that of a normie since the illumiknots are keeping them well fed and entertained
>>
Each animal has its own degree of consciousness.
>>
>>22821707
Do we really think we're on top of that chain of conciousness? We only say we are because we can think speak and talk to each other but what about the coos, calls, and howls from animals all around us? Is that not their language?
>>
>>22821089
You're retarded
>>
File: 1559758608465.jpg (43 KB, 640x337)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
So who made the lie?

The gaming team did.
>>
>>22821799
Thats a strong claim you got there. Thanks for applying an explanation behind why you have it too. You must be really great to hold a conversation with.
>>
>>22820874
I honestly think some animals (dolphins, whales) are smarter than some human beings.
>>
>>22821089
So I can't apply enough pressure to write with a pen if I hold it wrong, but a crayfish that weighs as much as two pens can.
>>22821799
This.
>>
File: 1559580784160.png (135 KB, 298x559)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>22821820
Wow you are retarded.
>>
File: 1559873634277.webm (463 KB, 240x360)
463 KB
463 KB WEBM
>>22821827
You're not wrong, I am indeed a tard. But that crayfish is not writing that shit.
>>
>>22821788

It is their language and in fact we can understand it if we try. Like there is a type of monkey that makes certain calls for hawks, snakes, cats, etc. I forget the name of the monkey as I learned it a long time ago.

So yeah, animals have languages. They just aren't nearly as sophisticated as ours. But the interesting part is this:

Is their language an instinct? It seems to be. So what about ours? We have different languages, but some things are constant across all languages (especially things that relate to our physical needs and brain structure).

Cool stuff. I regret studying anthropology in college because it's a shit profession but I never went into it anyway. The stuff I learned was really cool though.
>>
Consciousness is not a binary phenomena, but gradual.

You can see this in people. The dumber, the less conscious. Animals are the same way, and so is their language, which normally can only point out simple concrete concepts, whereas a proper human will grow to handle abstraction.
>>
>>22821842
Exactly, notice how you cant see the end of the pen?
>>
File: bear ceremonialism.jpg (80 KB, 971x437)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>22822045
This is just bullshit.
>>
>>22821956
Do we think its impossible for any animal to grasp the abstract?
>>
>>22821820
With the correct grip it has? Yes. Why wouldnt it be able to? Its weight has nothing to do with it. It can apply the right pressure from the stance it is in and can move the pen anyway it wants. Something not easily done with a pen held loosly as the tip.
>>
>>22820874
How do birds know how to fly in a coordinated flock, despite never having been taught? And schools of fish navigating the ocean all as one large unit without any delay? Clearly animals have a strong group consciousness, but have not developed a personal consciousness like humans have (at least not nearly as advanced). Humans also still have their group consciousness, but they are not all unified and are typicalyl divided by political alignments, geographical locations and ethnic backgrounds.
>>
The fact that anybody dosnt recognise this gif as instant fake has me quite worried
>>
>>22820874
animals are supreme buddhas, they chill and do as they want while their higher intellectual functions are engaged in blissful contemplations, they leave the meat robot to run on autopilot and act as an anchor to maintain existential integrity. :D
>>
File: thumber.jpg (39 KB, 290x240)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>22820903
>Dogs on another level
Yet cannot figure out how to get a stick though a narrow gap
>Theres a reason dogs have outlasted as mans main Animal
Because humans bred them to be tools for us
>Dogs might be 4D
???
>Dogs are highly sensitive to Magic
Dogs are sensitive to imaginary powers?

Absolutely special
>>
>>22820905
>Dogs really do have a good emotional sense
>Baby sneezes, pitbull rips it apart
>Car backfires, pitbull rips apart closest human
>Elderly woman steps on 11 year old pitbulls tail she's had from 8 weeks old, rips her apart

Your logic is flawed
>>
>>22822084
you're smart
>>
>>22820970
Yes, exactly.
>>
>>22822084
What gif
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 630x630)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>22820874
A blokes writing with the pen.

New subject:
So shoes have soles right and it had me thinking, if they have soles do they go to heaven when they fall apart?
>>
>>22822084
Even if it is fake that doesnt disregard the questions asked.
>>
>>22820892
>>22820903
>>22820905
no dogs are not even on the radar. your just some emotional suppoort dog faggots who think your mutt should be allowed on a plane. im sorry but recent events will prevent that and if you dont like it you can stay at home
>>
>>22820874
I once had a very interesting conversation with a crow.
>>
>>22822074
>why wouldn't it be able to?
Oh I dunno. Maybe because it's a fucking crayfish.
>>
>>22820874
CUTE
I don't think that's the case either.
Bees can do arithmetic and wasps can into logical deductions, for example.
>>
>>22823285
Bet one thing led to another and you ended fucking it right, spare me the details I've heard it all before.
>>
>>22823276
What lmao. No my dogs just mad chill when im sad. What do planes have to do with anything?
>>
Does anyone think that if they woke up in an animals body tomorrow, they would be able to figure it out? How to move, fly or swim?
Plus, if you awake as an animal inside a house, good luck opening doors or getting food.
Everything we do as humans has to be taught to us. A baby hearing language, or seeing someone walk shows them the basics of living as a human.
Everything an animal learns is learnt through growing up, just like us.
The only thing that seperates us from other animals is the body we have.
If a lobster awoke in humans body, that human would do some retarded shit before hurting itself or figuring it out, would be kinda cool to see how this lobster-man would live in his new body.
>>
>>22820874
I once dreamed I was a crab, and I saw a sea urchin talking with his 4 wives and I felt pretty jealous.
>>
>>22822259
pitbulls arent dogs
>>
>>22823276
t. dogless faggot. there's a substantial body of proof that dogs are empaths or at least able to understand human emotions. they'll lay down with a crying stranger over their happy owner 9 times out of 10
>>
>>22820979
>4th dimension is time
lol
>>
>>22823276
bad vibes, gee thanks anon
>>
>>22823276
The dogs know you think they are stupid. That's why they don't like you.
>>
>>22823285
What happened?
>>
>>22825366
People tend to also misunderstand that atavisms, and instinctual/collective programming can run deep. Though an infant of any kind usually needs to practice with motor control, it has an instinctual gait it grooves into as well as a general blueprint for moment and desire to move. Studying feral children might be of interest to you. That and from my own ventures into animal consciousness and experience of form, there are more similarities of form especially amongst mammalian types than differences. The closer to mammalian the easier one might have to understand and groove into that form on all levels.

What would really throw people off is the consciousness!, it's focus, simplicity, gentleness. You will die. (You) die. It's actually very scary to lose control.
>>
>>22820874
Hard to determine exactly. I'd say some of the higher level animals like dogs, cats and horses are on par/higher than pleb tier humans. They obviously don't have whatever real humans have going on with reason and they have less mastery over their instincts, but emotionally and socially they're about the same. As to lower animals I'm not sure. I've known a couple of crows that I'd put at least above the normalfag plebbitor tier as well.
>>
>>22821842
Did you see the size of that cock-a-doodle-doo god damn doo
>>
>>22821810
What conversation is there to be had here? The lobster is not writing those fucking numbers. What precedent is there for an undersea crustacean to have the cognitive ability to use tools for anything, let alone symbolic mimicry, let ALONE recognition of quantity? It's ridiculous on any number of levels to think that this would even be plausible. Please reconsider your criteria for reasonableness if this is a conversation that you seriously want to have.
>>
>>22820979
try duration
>>
>>22825466
Yeah just.. let them.
Just let them
>>
>>22825550
Oh wait you already found it. Nevermind me.
>>
>>22821820
Have you not heard of ants weight to ultra strength ratio?
>>
File: 1551486279310.jpg (1.47 MB, 2299x1787)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>22820874
as far as I know Dolphins have similar intelligence to humans, more so than other primates.

African elephants also, so much so some zoologists think they might have some sort of religion or belief, because they hold funerals for the dead and sometimes preform a ritual like dance, touching their back feet to the deceased. It's wild to see actually, to think they might have an entire religion that we are unaware of because of their lack of ability to create structures or religious artifacts, not to mention we can't converse with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku_GUNzXoeQ
>>
>>22825890
They perceive infrasound with their feet, so the dance is something more like a wake.
>>
>>22822079
(Free will)
Is what separates us from the animals...
That's why we aren't coordinated and the Chinese are still insects
>>
My dog can shake it's head yes and no, open door knobs, opens caps of bottles flawlessly and smokes weed. It's because every day since she was a puppy ( she is 9 none), I have talked, thought and treated her as a human. Take of that is what you will but I believe animals being as smart as us with as much potential is a big red pill. Maybe?
>>
>>22821842

holy shit that's a monster cock if I've ever seen one

which species is this?
>>
>>22825898
Animals don't have free will?
>>
>>22825897
Fuck thats cool, elephants should be treated much better than they are. Could technology be used to improve an elephants life?
>>
>>22825898
more like abstract thinking
>>
i don't know that dogs or cats have some grand key to telepathy that we aren't aware of. i think they can just pick up on bad or good vibes. i got a cat and a dog, and when i'm ever feeling upset or sad. they both come together in spite of their differences and chill with me. is that supernatural?
>>
>>22825988
No, its akin to your friends coming around when you're sad even though you haven't told them anything. Body language and if you break the routine that you normally have will signal to others that something is not normal.
>>
>>22825908
Just because their animals doesnt mean they couldnt have the same quality of life as humans or use technology designed to help them.
How does your dog smoke weed? How does she act when stoned?
>>
>>22826008
Be me say to my dog.hey wanna smoke Lily? Mind you all my friends smoke with her. But anyways she has eaten a dub of weed from me before. So one day I tried to smoke with her by blowing the smoke in her face. She loved it! When she is smoking with me and my friend with us all blowing the hits in her face, she will bark, lick her lips and beg until she gets another hit. When she is high she just rolls around on her back in the sunny grass or has the munchies and is hungry. Or likes to be pet. Mind you I think most people who smoke weed act that way lol. So I think it's really telling how smart animals are. Human egotism at it's finest.
>>
>>22825976
Yeah, the deep learning stuff for interpreting mouse squeaks should be generalized to elephants and whales.

We need a human to animal speech synthesizer.
>>
>>22826028
>I got my dog hooked on drugs
>she's so smart like me
I think maybe your dog is a bit smarter than you. Not smart enough to move out of your drug den and start a new life, but still.
>>
>>22820882
>>22820892
This also happens between spiders and cats.
>>
>>22826172
I know cats and that's not a happy cat. That spider must be very rude or something.
>>
>>22826172
This image is from a comedy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNjJutK_4A
>>
File: rdlol.gif (3.69 MB, 400x376)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB GIF
>>22823276
fucking based
>>
>>22820874
That crab has just gripped the pen and conveniently half the pan is out of the shot.
If you can't see how someone is holding the pen from the top to write these numbers out, I've officially given up on this board.
>>
>>22822063
dogs understand things like death and experiment grief for the loss of a loved one. I'm sure most smart animals have complex feels too. They aren't as dumb as we think.
>>
>>22826248
I think he knows
>>
>>22821089
You are retarded, m8
>>
>>22820874
Someone is messing with the pen OPsan
>>
>>22820903
In Islam, it is said that dogs can sense the presence of Djinn and will become very distressed when they are nearby.
>>
>>22820882
Why don't they run when I tell them im gonna kill them?
>>
>>22821089
holy kek
>>
>>22826990
It's not easy creeping everyone out. Spiders are pretty suicidal.
>>
>>22820882
Arachnids have intelligence. Can't even classify them as dumb insects. I have an orb weaver spider that builds a new web every night then packs it up during the day so nobody will fuck with it. That fucker has grown over an inch thick since I first saw it. Unfortunately I had to cut all the branches it was hanging from on the side of my house because raccoons were using those branches to have house parties on my roof at night.

I don't kill spiders. I have respect for them. A dumb ass roach that runs towards you when you're coming at it deserves death.
>>
>>22820993
>>22821089
>Lobster
Looks like a big crawfish to me
>>
>>22827687

This is true. Once I was watching a spider and it was watching back. Then I thought "I should just kill it" and it lifted its legs to tell me to fuck off. It worked.
>>
>>22827687
I have a spider living in one of the corners of the ceiling in my bathroom. I call him Ragnar. Seems like a decent bloke really, I don't bother him and he doesn't bother me. Been living there for almost a year now.
>>
>>22822341
my gif
:(
>>
>>22827750
How do I know what gif you posted?
>>
>>22826987
I’ve heard Christians say that too. Really explains a lot. Ever since a spirit claimed to turn me into a werewolf I can sense when demons are nearby and it makes me distressed.
>>
>>22826963
Clean your room
>>
>>22827793
Aren't you tired of your shitty larp?
https://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/image/zkID34f0adiAO9WR59tWXA/
>>
>>22827957
I need to vent, Anon. I can’t wolfpost around normies.
>>
>>22820874
pets and mirrors
>>
>>22820874
they're 2nd density beings, we're 3rd density beings
our consciousness is higher, it's just that we're being veiled from our connection to the Creator on 3rd density
>>
>>22820874
I've had pets my entire life. Some of them came from shelters and others came to my home of their own volition. I think people that keep pets know that their conciousness is an obvious fact. There are the ones that push you away and the ones that adore your affection. They show love a bit differently than humans do, but its pretty clear when its there. The spite and hate are fairly similar to the same in humans though.

Its pretty low powerlevel to assume animals arent concious, m8. All you really have to do to see it is watch the way they interface.
>>
>>22820979

To be perceiving at a 4D level, you would be experiencing all of "time" at once.
>>
>>22820874

They are no less acting off instinct than humans are. It's only a matter of how far their instincts can bring them. The currently most used measure for awareness of self is the mirror test in which animals must understand they are what they see when looking at a mirror. Simple test, seemingly, but most animals can't do it. Animals such as dogs, dolphins, apes, and ravens are all capable of passing the test.
>>
>>22820970

no, he just hasn't figured out the difference between consciousness and mind yet, don't mind him
>>
>>22820874

The idiot who made the video is holding the pen outside of the frames peripheral.

For shame, OP... for shame...
>>
>>22820970
when your ego is death you gain consciousness
>>
>>22828067

when your ego is death you realize that fundamental level of experience is without ego and that the ego was a layer of abstraction you put on yourself, basically like customizing an avatar in a vidya game to your aesthetic tastes
>>
>>22828043
I've never seen evidence of a canine recognizing itself in a mirror. Got proof?
>>
>>22820874
>person holding pen off camera
>video went viral
NPCs. NPCs everywhere.
>>
>>22820975
You have zero understanding of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, please don’t confuse other with your misinformation.
>>
>>22828175

The dumbing down of humanity was a success. Anyone mystified by this video is a shining example of what extinction looks like.
>>
>>22828198

This guy is wrong. White matter does have an extremely high correlation with higher intelligence capability. Don't let him disillude you.
>>
>>22828237
> commenting on higher intelligence
> using a word that literally does not exist

ok.
>>
>>22828255
Poor poor brainlet.
Have a good day anyway
>>
>>22828260
>disillude
is not a word
>>
>>22828283
Come on dude I wasn't going to push the matter.
Please use more than the top Google result. Disillude is absolutely a word. Please look it up, I'm not going to go crop a screenshot for you.
Come on man at least try
>>
>>22828283
Yes it is.
>>
>>22821788
feel stupid referencing Vsauce but he made a video called the cognitive trade off.

it explained (and shows) how humans "traded" a form of intelligence so that they could fully communicate with eachother. fun to watch
>>
File: 1554568245374.jpg (17 KB, 373x209)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>22826028
>white people really do this
>>
>>22828384
At least we don't fuck 'em and eat 'em
>>
>>22828384
My buddy's sister used to have this giant awesome dog that would always get super excited when we came over to smoke. That dog was a bigger fucking stoner than all of us combined.
>>
>>22821842
Is that Little Jerry?
>>
>>22825908
i have some chickens that may counter your theory
>>
>>22828466
Y'all should check out superstitious pigeons
>>
I fucking dislike wasps, but once one flew in my wide open window, it pushed me further inside the room until I had nowhere to go so I slapped it out of the air sort of halfheartedly with the outside of my hand so it went zooming six meters back and banged into the wall beneath the window, then it seemed to get scared and flew straight up and straight out the window fast as fuck.

We seemed to understand eachother. It probably realized I could fuck it up if I really wanted to. Then I closed the window.
>>
>>22828426
It knew it would be getting snacks, dipshit.
>>
>>22822056
Some retard writing something down means it’s true.
>>
>>22820874
They have enough that I had to stop eating mammals.
>>
>>22828198
If you see someone misexplaining something it's more useful(and convincing) if you explain the fault in what they shared. Just saying
>u rong
and leaving it at that doesn't help anybody in any way.
>>
>>22828419
You ever heard of the deep south, boio?
>>
>>22821812
Dolphins are pretty smart,yeah. But also deadly scary.
http://thecolorless.net/posts/70361
>>
File: 1480802783086.png (355 KB, 661x721)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>22821810
Says the guy that thinks lobsters can write
Never change, /x/, you fucking cesspool of actual two-digit IQ schizo retards
>>
>>22822089
Damn bizzle. If this shiz ferizzle then this twists the riddle much more than just a little.

Damn krill. If this shit's for real, they think and they feel, on a level unreal.

Damn m8. If this aint a jape, and deep thought they make, than who really takes the cake?

Damn friend. If this is the trend, than let's not pretend animals aren't like men.
>>
>>22820911
There have been a few times where me and crows have had moments hahaha had one fly up and sit next to me on a bench when I was crying once lol it just stared at me and didn’t leave until I got up
>>
Only way to fix our lives is to fix nobody's life
For our lives are influenced and shaped by this one hell of motherfucker.
Let's assist him >>22831015
USE YOUR CREATIVE ENERGY

Explore conscioussness.
http://montalk.net/metaphys/267/sto-sts-and-densities
>>
>>22820874
Taught a gorilla sign language and talked to it.
>>
>>22822371
That's a funny fucking thought, what a guy.
>>
>>22820970
No not losing, but expanding your sense of it and merging into a larger pool of it
>>
>>22828042
Exactly, like a wicked acid trip
>>
>>22826987
Muslim propaganda.
Remember that they used to attack dogs in Persia because the zoroastrians knew that dogs keep on check the devil spirits. Persian Dogs keep on check the muslims' evil.
This is why Iranian Muslims dislike dogs. A muslim who likes dogs must be a western convert.
>>
>>22820882
>be me
>see big spider
>try to hit big spider
>reads my mind then raids all my hidden money stashed
>>
What level of consciousness do humans have? :y
>>
>>22821842
i say i say i say now THAT is a roostah
>>
>>22826987
Also, terminators
>>
>>22821144
you sunk my battleship
>>
>>22820874
Holy fuck are you retarded? The guy is just holding the pen at the top. Moronic...
>>
>>22820874

This is a Sapir-Whorf-Hypothesis-level problem.

We assume that because our language gives us the power to express what we're experiencing to other creatures who similarly reflect linguistic feedback in a way that seems to affirmatively support what we're saying, we are capable of actually describing it to them.

But we've all had conversations where, despite our verbosity and sincere attempts, we suspect that all our audience really heard was some kind of meow.

Maybe it did the job. Maybe they really don't know what the fuck we're trying to say.

We never know, because without direct physical contact, language runs out at the same limit that our bodies do.

You can't speak past your skin; you can only ever supplement it.

Who isn't an animal, after all?
>>
>>22828384
Black people don't understand why we kiss our dogs.
>>
>>22821812
Crows and octopus are the most interesting. Dolphins are just water humans, whales are cool though.
>>
File: 7buckstone 002.jpg (19 KB, 288x216)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>22830988
https://youtu.be/dHFh-cQRKbI
>>
File: dollwithacat.jpg (64 KB, 576x878)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>22820874
What level of consciousness do a mannequin have?
https://twitter.com/danielonffe/status/1138939312152727560
>>
>>22832276

Sometimes. People who don't human don't know how to human, and sometimes those humans are dark-skinned.

This isn't really that hard, but you have to go and make shit racist, which is just basically stupid-people crack.

Stahp it.
>>
>>22832516
>stupid-people crack

To clarify, the fact that might surprise you is that people who become addicted to crack-cocaine are usually above average intelligence.

This is because they realize that the degree of pleasure they experience is determined by the actions they take with their body, whereas those who do not possess the necessary intelligence depend on others for.

It's not something that will sustain their physical existence, but at some point they make the calculated decision in terms of quantity versus quality of life, and decide that they will trade off brief periods of physical bliss for the necessary trade-off that accompanies it when weighed against their bodily sustenance.

Of course, arguably every human being on the planet is doing this to some degree, whether they're deciding whether or not shooting up one more time is going to bring them to an overdose or whether eating that kale salad is going to make them feel so heavy that they'll want to stick their finger down their throat.

We're all the same person, anon.

Sorry for the spoiler.
>>
>>22825890
>Elephants are the closest things to human intellect in Africa.
>>
>>22825486
Well, a second one showed up, and they started discussing inviting more friends over. Obviously it was time to leave, as that could only end in murder.
>>
>>22832620

Hence, the idea that simply having been born entitles you to some legacy of race that predates your body, yet in which you are included as some sort of member is as mindlessly appealing as a hit from a crack-pipe.

You were born. You had nothing to do with it. You found yourself existing, and if you had any choice in the matter, then you're a different kind of creature than me.

I don't remember choosing any of this shit after about three years old, and even then it's sort of questionable in terms of what I was trying to do.

After all, who are you trying to choose for: your present-bodied self or the being you imagine yourself as in the future?

And if your future self has to look like a certain person, then why not just focus your intention on becoming whatever person it is they seem to have to be?

Or is there another self in there that you want to become that transcends all of them?

I'm thinking that there might be, and it's worth trying for, if you have the opportunity to choose.

Let's just keep hoping that we do.
>>
>>22831692

Okay, yeah. It really totally does look like it's just being directed by a conscious hand, and the crab-claw is only holding on reflexively without knowing what its larger motor-skills are accomplishing.

Yet, it's also reflexively clinging to an item that poses neither threat nor benefit to it, and it makes you wonder why.

Were it merely in search of food, the crab would relinquish the pen and wander off toward the nearest ocean, or die looking for one.

This crab sensed the need to cling to this bizarre, entirely synthetic structure of plastic and rubber, somehow knowing that the time it spent gripping onto it would somehow guarantee its physical survival as well as fucking off to go gore a shrimp or something.

Perhaps this crab found its apotheosis as a being which understood itself as more than merely physical.

Perhaps it sensed the greatness it was achieving by gripping this (albeit human-controlled) writing device and participating in a charade that would guarantee its likeness being spread far and wide across the land.

Perhaps it thought it could eat the ink because it's a fucking crab.

Who knows?

But it teaches us a lesson either way. We learn from this crab, because it doesn't question its instincts, even if they lead to its death.

Because even if that crab is dead, it lives on in every share of every .gif.

That crab is quantum-immortal... are you?
>>
>>22832431
looks like that Ju-On kid
>>
>>22820874
That would be a measure of intelligence.
>>
>>22820970
Quite the opposite actually that guy is just retarded
>>
>>22820874
Holy crap. Is this real?
>>
It’s not inherently sexual to sleep in the same bed.

People don’t want to sleep alone, historically. It’s always better to have someone next to you, epigenetically speaking.

The problem that remains when two people sleep next to each other is trust.

Each one trusts that the other won’t take advantage of them in their sleep.

This is easily resolved, though, because anyone is capable of causing enough pain to awaken anyone else from slumber.

Whether it be a bite, a scratch, a punch, a kick, a knee, an elbow, or a simple head-butt… there’s no real doubt in terms of how conscious anyone is at any point as long as you can hurt them.

If you can sense their reaction, then what they’re doing is something they have to answer for as a conscious existence.

Perhaps even if you can’t, but that’s something I’ve only ever experienced with non-humans.

Okay… maybe some humans, but I tend to just shut down if I can’t determine whether the being with whom I’m interacting is human.

It sure doesn’t have to be, after all, but it better know it’s not if it isn’t, otherwise it’s basically a child, and I’m just gonna nurture it, because that’s what you’re supposed to do for someone who doesn’t have self-awareness.

At least if you want humanity to progress, which seems to be the most convenient option considering its ability to potentially bridge the abstract epigenetic consciousness of mammalian physical structures with the immediacy of actually existing in a Higgs-bound universe that requires the ability to manage a body with a large, four-chambered heart.
>>
>>22820911
i had a friend who ad a crow since baby it was educated like a dog if you entered is house the crow would bark at you like a dog
>>
that's someone holding the pen for him. Shows how retarded /x/ is. Just passing by.
>>
Definitely not fake. This must be one of those lobsters JP is talking about.
>>
>>22820874
Bro that video is fake, not even remotely convincing
>>
>>22820874
Someone's holding the pen off camera, animals do what's in there nature. Similar to a lot of humans that just "do as they feel"
>>
>>22832728
Real as in it happened? Yes.
Real as in the crayfish wrote it? No.
>>
>>22820874
U 'tarded bro?
>>
>>22832683
Shut up you twat.
>>
File: IMG-20190609-WA0001.jpg (600 KB, 880x1168)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>22825890
>some zoologists think they might have some sort of religion or belief
Of course they don't you pea brained idiot
>>
>>22826038
and a moron-to-human translator for this board, you included.
>>
File: DyfGnn2UYAA-WVp.jpg (55 KB, 711x474)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>
File: 1560459547430.jpg (91 KB, 750x1076)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
I'm pretty conscious if I've had enough coffee to drink. All self-awareness goes out the window on tumblr.
>>
>>22823285
Attempted murder?
>>
>>22820993
>>22827703
>Lobster
>Cawfish
Wtf i thought it was a tarantula
>>
>>22836458
It's just a fucking cricket damn all these ppl getting worked up
>>
>>22822259
Shitbulls are the most overrated dogs ever
>>
>>22836470
It's a plant
>>
They know who feeds them/where to get their food. In the case of domesticated cats, they are nice to people that feed them. Dogs only really like you if you feed them. For animals, its all about food. So do animals have the emotional capability of having friends? Yes, if their friends help them get food
>>
A level lower than humans but higher than paper towel.
>>
>>22831130
I love you, ya fuckin dweeb.
>>
>>22822079
What makes you think group consciousness comes before individual consciousness? humans have only been around a few hundred thousand years at most, these animals have been around for millions, we have tried collectivist societies already but sadly people arent ready for it yet
>>
>>22837493
>Another snowflake.

You are just another piece of the hivemind only your ego tells you otherwise.
>>
>>22837498
>he thinks aliens would be capitalists
there is no human hivemind yet but north korea is where it will blossom from
>>
File: image.gif (2.68 MB, 356x509)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB GIF
>>22820874
OP's vid is fake. Snail rides bubble stream all day, it floats to top with it, the crawls back down and will repeatedly do this all day. Almost seems like it is having fun... Is having fun not a sign of intelligence? Does a bacteria have fun?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zveVVEMwIJU
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 735x414)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>22826028
This truly reads like copypasta
>>
File: 1558904774092.jpg (61 KB, 940x705)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>22820874
Idk about this thread but i used to do this with crawfish. You just hold the top of the pen and it looks like he can draw lol crustaceans are one up from bugs just dont worry about em
>>
>>22827687
>Can't even classify them as dumb insects
Arachnids aren't insects
>>
>>22839097
"almost seems like it's having fun"
>continues with the assumption that it's absolutely having fun and there's no other possible explanation, therefore we must quantify its intelligence based on this assumed fun
>>
File: image.gif (969 KB, 300x224)
969 KB
969 KB GIF
>>22825480
This, unironically. A dog responds very well to it being treated and respected as an intelligent life form. "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord" (Psalm 150:6). If animals can praise God, in ways perhaps we don't immediately recognize, that speaks volumes on their intelligence.
https://www.epm.org/resources/2010/Jan/18/are-animals-capable-praising-god/
>>
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/transcoded/9/93/Woman_swims_with_killer_whales_in_the_wild.webm/Woman_swims_with_killer_whales_in_the_wild.webm.480p.vp9.webm
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale_attack

>Killer whales (or orcas) are powerful predators capable of killing leopard seals and great white sharks. They have also been recorded preying on usually terrestrial species such as moose swimming between islands. In the wild, there have been no fatal attacks on humans and only one reported bite. In captivity, there have been several non-fatal and fatal attacks on humans since the 1970s.
>>
File: image.png (385 KB, 553x598)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>22839135
Spotted the anon who never has fun
>>
>>22839177
Orcas can sense that humans have no nutritional value
>>
>>22839193
Thank you, exactly this :-)
Also they kill sharks because they are competition. Humans are not good eating for orcas nor any competition against orcas for tasty seals
>>
>>22822259
pitbulls are a genetic abomination. literally anybody who owns one shouldn’t be considered a dog owner
>>
>>22820874
We don't see the rest of the pen, you gullible fuck.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.