[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>be me 18
>mother been trying to convert me to jehovas Whitnesses since 10 years old
>in an hour two 'elders are coming over again to try convert me

Post good arguments against their religion in thread please.
>>
"ur belief a shit"
>>
"u r dum religio"
>>
is op died?
>>
If youre white the most valid reason is simple. Its not the religion of your people. All abrahamic religions are non european and therefore not be worshipped by whites.
>>
If you show too much agressivity it reinforces their beliefs.
Just stay calm, no need to truly discuss. Basically let them do their shit while being «nice». Don't show any sign of being convinced, of course.

They are brainwashed to think people who attack their ideas are basically assholes. It triggers them and they become even more devout.

Stay away from your mom's creepy friends until you become independant.
Just my opinion.
>>
(You can't convince someone who's wrong unless they want to. These people will not listen even to the best arguments.)
>>
>>22678937
1 Timothy 2:4-5 ESV
who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. [5] For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Ephesians 4:1-13 ESV
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, [2] with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, [3] eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. [4] There is one body and one Spirit-just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call- [5] one Lord, one faith, one baptism, [6] one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. [7] But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift. [8] Therefore it says, "When he ascended on high he led a host of captives, and he gave gifts to men." [9] ( In saying, "He ascended," what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower regions, the earth? [10] He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.) [11] And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, [12] to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, [13] until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,

Ask them to read the above scripture. Also read the new testament yourself, Christ lives. The above scripture pertains to those that claim they intercede with God on your behalf, which only Christ does, if you ask Him. Ask Him, as the above says, all should be saved, He's the way to eternal life

John 3:16 KJVS
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
>>
>>22678937
They literally re-wrote the Bible.
I never hear them talk about Christ.
I never hear them talk about forgiveness.

Their Bible is called the New World Translation, as in the New World Order.

Enough?
>>
>>22678937
>Post good arguments against their religion in thread please.
How about you think for yourself and formulate your own arguments?
>>
>>22679010
That's not true. They acknowledge Christ as Lord (at least the ones I talked to). I'm not one but I've small talked with a few.
>>
>>22679023
>They acknowledge Christ as Lord (at least the ones I talked to).

The teachings of the JWs seldom mention Christ. Notice it's more focused on the Old Testament.
>>
>>22679043
Apparently they don't acknowledge Him as part of the holy trinity. That's too bad.
>>
>>22678937
Religion is inherently evil. Why would you ever follow a set of rules made by a "god" which whom you csnt speak to and get a real physical response. Add any brand of Jesuit shit in and now you have a "loving god" who let's children starve and people, not just people but its devout followers suffer while evil people have great lives
>>
>>22679078
>which whom you csnt speak to and get a real physical response
But you can. Read the Bible.
>>
>>22678937
Their Bible was translated by people who couldn't pass a college exam in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. That is why they make certain mistakes, for instance 'gods' instead of 'God'. Turns out getting the singular and plural confused can have HUGE consequences. Seeing as every other translation on the planet, including those done by all sorts of different ethnicities of Christian, jew and muslim; all agree on one translation whilst the JWs uniquely go with theirs, and that in combination with the fact we know they failed exams in these subjects; should make anyone simply disregard them as Christians with a dodgy Bible.

Get a real Bible. Win.
>>
>>22678937
Easy. Just redpill everybody and tell them thatt their religion is a cult.
>>
>>22678937
Just ignore them, face mecca, and start praying loudly to Allah until they leave
>>
>>22679792
lol. I doubt Op is familiar with Islam.
>>
File: 311.gif (105 KB, 511x512)
105 KB
105 KB GIF
>>22678937
Hi Op, just act like you are open minded and care about what they have to say. No need to be confrontational even if your perspective is the complete opposite. Play nice and be respectful.
>>
The lack of vowels in the ancient books tells me that YHWH could just as easily been pronounced yahoo! Lots of vowels missing in the old books
>>
They are false prophets, check the history of their organisation, the Bible speaks against false prophets.
>>
>>22680180
Says the protestant...
>>
"Out of our few million members, I don't like the odds of believing only 144,000 go to heaven. That means most of you are shitty people."

Boom. Done. Walk out.
>>
>>22678937

Crazy bich will leave everything to them. Deprogram her before it is too late!
>>
>>22678960
Let’s hope so
>>
>>22679043
Dude shut the fuck up when you have no clue what you’re talking about. You’ve never studied with them or read their passages. They absolutely believe in Jesus, that he is the son of god.
>>
>>22679089
Dude wtf. So much information itt jws are monotheistic believers lol. None of them believe in multiple gods.
>>22680201
You have no clue how stupid you sound
>>
>>22680274
>.t made JW

Nigga. It's in their pamphlets.
>>
>>22679078
John 14:21-26 KJVS
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. [22] Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? [23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. [24] He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. [25] These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. [26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
>>
>>22678937
you can google a shitload of excellent arguements. they wont listen. the brainwashed stay that way until the begin to question by themselves.
if you disagree with them, you are satan
neverming that jehovah is just wrong in every way. only 1800s religions came up with that shit. probably some propaganda floating in the toilet in those times. (see mormons)
>>
>>22680285
no it isnt, we only believe in one god, Jehovah. Jesus Christ is his son, a prophet
>>
>>22678937
Jeremiah 8:8
"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?
>>
>>22680385
if we are getting into scribes and pharisee... check out paul/saul and his scribe... 2/3 of the new testament is lies
>>
Just say when you were 11 yo you made a blood covenant with some friends. There is no use in trying to convince them, just to have them stop bothering you
>>
>>22678937
op, if you dont want to study the bible with JW's, then dont. you shouldnt be forced to believe in something you dont because then it doesnt matter. you should want to study on your own behalf.
t.jw
>>
>>22680400
just listen to men say "lean on the understanding of the lord, not on the wisdom of men" because you want to see the truth for yourself... but you cant you lowly man... listen to these other men who get prophecies wrong all the damned time
>>
File: jewsrsluciferian.png (1.95 MB, 1389x862)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
the very concept of religion is an insult to god

the god of the entire universe can not be apart of some man made system of control from 1 planet from 1 time period when there are trillions of planets and the universe is billions of years old

as long as you dont perilously hurt any living beings and greatfull for the life god gave you youll get into heaven

religion has nothing to do with god and all Abrahamic religions are full of hidden luciferian rituals any way
>>
>>22680429
this guy gets it
>>
>>22680429
This does make sense. Thing with religion is that its faith based,meaning no 1 religion is "more" right then the other because there is no way to prove which specific one would be right,and the believes of people usually are affected where they are born. So it would be kind of ignorant to say you know more then others,and those others are fools for not following your faith.
>>
>>22680381
That's not what I said, nigga.

I said you believe that only 144,000 people get to see actual heaven. Those are some shitty odds m8.
>>
>>22678937
It's Masonic bullshit. They don't even get the name of God right. They call him Jehova. His name is YAHAWAH. Also they are really creepy cultists.
>>
>>22680063

Off-topic, but IIRC that's not entirely true - languages tend to have certain groupings of letters that are more or less common (you'll never find an English word containing "bqf" in that order, for example, and words containing "th" or "en" are more common than those containing "qu"). As a result you can actually strip vowels out of some words and still retain a decent semblance of coherence (eg. if I type "hnd", you know it'll either be "hAnd" or "hInd" because "hnd" isn't how words start or end and combinations of other vowels in between the consonants don't actually render real words. Plus, context can help you figure out which it is - "stnd n ts hnd lgs" isn't likely to be a sentence talking about hands).
>>
>>22680787
Yeah dumb mother fucker and you don’t even know the fucking criteria of how those 144000 so shut your fucking trap. I’m not a JW but I have family who are and have explained this to me. It’s not based on being a good or bad person alone. Fuck off.
>>
>>22680180
Citation needed. I get that you guys don’t like JWs and if that’s your prerogative fine but at least cite your claims.
>>
>>22678937
ur religion is gay
as easy as can be
>>
>>22680184
Says the Tripfag...
>>
>>22680883
>It's not base don being a good or bad person

So, basically, you have to be special, out of millions of followers god has to select YOU.

Shit odds bro. Thanks for helping my argument.
>>
>>22680890
Nope. Look it up, do your own research, come to your own conclusion.
>>
>>22678937
Don't do it
>>
Just be polite, hear them out, and nicely decline any invitations. There's no reason to embarrass your mom, my dude.
>>
>>22678937
Here man. The whole channel is a a gold mine if you want to argue against fringe christian cults.

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=NV1GZRICUms

If it's about christianity I personally say go traditional or go home.
>>
>>22678937
I was thinking of joining just to bang some closet sluts. Seen some cuties manning the JW brochure stand at a community college near me.
>>
>>22681157
i wont deny that some of what he says is true but he also says alot of things which are false and exaggerated about jw's. the vid where he talks about jw's wearing everything possible that advertises the jw website, the logo. from bowties to earings, we're not told to do that nor is that advised. within our religion there will be people who do that because they think theyre helping etc. never have i seen anyone wear the logo like he described but there is a simple logo pin that exists thats official that can be put onto a bookbag etc.
>>
The number 144,000, if I'm guessing correctly, comes from Revelation. Those are just the jews that are saved. Then, John describes a multitude nobody can count of saints who are saved. Further, Revelation is so dense numerologically and analogically that taking it at face value is ludicrous.
>>
>>22680063
Semitic languages are written as abjads, but that doesn't mean pronunciations are last. Jehovah is a midieval Christian mistake, because YHVH is pointed with the vowels from adonai, to indicate how the forbidden name is not meant to be read out loud, but the word "adonai", my lord, said instead.

From remnants though, we're fairly certain that the correct vowel pointing is something like yahweh. For example, we know it's "yah" from cases where the word "yah" is preserved as a divine name (E. G. Hallelu yah). Also, ancient cultures transcribed the name of God into their alphabets with vowels, the Greeks for example.
>>
>>22678937
Just talk about flat earth.
>>
>>22681631
*lost
>>
File: 1472751177492.jpg (38 KB, 439x624)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>22678937
OP, I was in your same situation until this year. My mom became a Jehovah's Witnesses when I was 5 and it's been nothing but problems ever since. My dad was even about to divorce her until they got him and now he's super religious. Read this very carefully OP and keep it in your mind because I don't want you to fall into their trap.
When they come talk to you or whenever someone asks "When are you going to be baptized" you have to respond with "I don't know" and "I don't think I'm ready yet". And for the love of God, you have to be quiet and awkward as much as possible with them. Kill any conversation they are trying to have with you even if it's not religion related. The goal is to quietly phase out of the religion so your parents don't shun you. DON'T GET BAPTIZED. My convinced my little brother to get baptized at 10 years old and now he fucking regrets it. He's 13 and now he's homeschooled because he got a non JW girlfriend and he's secluded from the world. I tried telling him not to get baptized back in the day but he was too young to understand. At least my 8 year old brother saw what happened and he now knows not to get baptized. Just wait until you can move out like I did. Don't let them convince you. It's not going to make your parents stop arguing with you, it's only going to make it worse. Just say:
>"I'm not ready yet"
>"When I'm ready"
>"I don't know when I'll get baptized"
>>
File: 1550786001498.jpg (24 KB, 720x720)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>22681176
If you're going in for that, then you are going to get a lot of pussy. When I used to go, every girl at the Kingdom Hall was a closet slut. It's actually rare to find one that wasn't a slut. I'm not even exaggerating here.
>>
>>22682196
>When they come talk to you or whenever someone asks "When are you going to be baptized"
this is wrong but some people will say this. we've even been told to stop doing this to young people or people in general because its bad and puts too much pressure. its entirely up to you if you want to get baptized though you are encouraged
>>
>>22678937
JW is fucked.

Cant be Friend's with non jWs
>>
>>22679010
And they deny the Holy Spirit:
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-the-holy-spirit/

Matthew 3
16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Matthew 12
1 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Matthew 28
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
>>
http://media.philly.com/storage/special_projects/jehovahs-witnesses-sexual-abuse-children-beliefs-rules.html
>Internal documents show that the Witnesses' leadership, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, has long enforced a policy of secrecy in any potential legal matters. "The need for elders to maintain strict confidentiality has been repeatedly stressed," reads one passage from a 1989 memo that instructed elders to resist cooperating if police ever showed up at their kingdom halls with a search warrant.
>Another memo, from 1997, focused entirely on the topic of child molesters. Elders, the equivalent of priests, were told to inform one another if known pedophiles moved from one kingdom hall to another — and to withhold the information from the congregations.
>>
>>22680259
iirc Jesus in the JW is considered God's 1st creation ie. Wisdom and they use 7th(?) Proverbs to decribe
>>
>>22681138
Best Post
>>
>>22679089
"gods" is the correct translation as are the several instances of "let us...". They were not originally monotheists but hentotheists. jehovah gradually evolved from a tribal god, roughly equal to all the other tribal gods, to king of/conqueror of gods, to god of gods, to I am the only god that ever existed period amen.
>>
>>22678937
lol run bro

shit is wack

either be catholic or kys
>>
>>22678972
This. The catholic cucks sailed north to my region and christened us by the sword, had to torture and kill the chieftain. Why would they ever yield to some desert religion.
>>
Jehovah's Witnesses (and indeed all of Christianity) go against the Bible because they don't use it as it was intended, which is to teach you how to use your imagination for creation. They deny God without even knowing it because they deny their creative powers and therefore give it to other men to rule over them.
>>
>>22686056
>Give it to them.

You don't realize how that works in practice do you?
>>
>>22686062
Maybe you can elucidate the answer then.
>>
>>22686087
I can't.

I have been lied to much, I don't have the proper info for.
>>
>>22686093
It's okay. We've all been lied to. But you have the truth within you. You hold all the power.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.