[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1999.jpg (43 KB, 600x600)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
I've seen this mentioned in the past few months, so I'm just gonna give you guys a quick rundown on what's been going on.

The original author of the story had uploaded it on an obscure blog back in 2009, then presumably forgot about it. two years later in 2011, a guy comes across it and uploads it to the creepypasta wiki, after which it gains some attention but not much. The story is updated with 3 new paragraphs in early 2014. Several months later, in September 2014, when the story becomes uber-popular, the guy who uploaded it to the creepypasta wiki decides to update it sporadically by writing 6 new paragraphs for it over the course of the next few months, one of which was plagiarized from an alantutorial video.

In late 2015 however, people point out the similarities between the plagiarized part and alantutorial's video, which leads the admins to put a disclaimer on top of the page asking the author to explain himself.

Fast forward 3 years later, in late 2018 the story is DMCA'd on the creepypasta wiki and anywhere else it had been uploaded in its written form. This is when people discover that the guy who uploaded it to the wiki back in 2011 wasn't the original author. Now, the original author has been asking YouTubers who uploaded readings of the story to take them down. Most have complied, the ones who didn't got their video DMCA'd. And that's basically it.
>>
post that shit anon.
>>
>>22678401
>alantutorial's
There the best if you can find them
>>
File: TIMESAND___NavalTurret.png (432 KB, 1250x700)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
http://www.vixra.org/author/jonathan_w_tooker
>>
>>22678401
Can u briefly summarise what happens in the creepypasta
>>
Don't be a you-know-what OP
Deliver the goods
>>
bump. Used to love this but i can’t find it anywhere now, I also remember the first part being more realistic. He’s basically reminded of a weird tv channel he watched as a kid which had a show called Mr bear where this guy in a bear suit had kids in his cellar and he’d get angry and creepy with them, there was also this other show called booby which was like a talking hand doing arts and crafts but was just the same guy. One day he wrote to Mr Bear asking to visit and went to his house before his dad realised how creepy it was and took him home. Then the later updates were about his dads friend who was a cop starting an investigation and more videos came out of Mr bear actually burning kids alive yada yada yada.
>>
>>22678405
>>22678764
That's partly why I posted this here, I assumed someone had it saved somewhere. Every trace of it has been erased off the internet, even the ones on archive.is and archive.org. Fucking hell, even the archived 4chan posts from when a guy dumped the story in parts here a few years ago are gone.

>>22678790
The original story started and ended in 2009, but the author made it take place during 2011. The end date was somewhere in late 2011, the one right before the story took absurd turns, subtly implying that the Mr. Bear guy got to him, or that it was an open ending. Some people may not like it but I think it's a good ending.

Honestly, I can't blame him for taking it down, it must be a pain in the ass to have your story be famous, then later on infamous for taking a shitty turn because a guy who uploaded it on a different site decided to add several more entries.

It should have been obvious to the admins that this wasn't the same guy simply by the formatting. I've been told he had added the new parts as very long paragraphs (9 paragraphs), and the admins had to fix the formatting and split it into 23 paragraphs.
>>
https://1999thetruth.home.blog/

In this blog. Just scroll.
>>
>>22678573
>>22678764
https://youtu.be/dOnB2fWQz0w
This video has a short synopsis of it, watch while you can
>>
>>22678401
There was plagiarism on one of the stories so it was taken down.
Creepy pastas do not condone plagiarism, every thing was taken down or got ride of.
>>
Huh, I got targeted by the dmca takedowns too and all I did was make a couple of parody videos about it.
>>
bump
>>
>>22678401
Good pasta but it got lame as it went on.
>>
>>22679954
Kek. There is an interesting theory that the dude actually was the one that edited the wiki contents with the stolen stuff in order to take down what he wants.
>>
I found this but is is in german
CreepyPastaPunch - 1999: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOcXaZdKFiZtVMjbA6U2GRC7fqA0e23qq
>>
>>22681507
Yeah, there is other readings in different languages. I found a Latin American one, I think.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.