[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Infected.jpg (107 KB, 966x641)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
If a rage type virus were to breakout right now, how fucked would we be? I'm talking something like 28 Days Later, The Crazies, not the dead actually rising. Would government response be quick enough to deal with it? Or would everything go to shit quickly? I know it depends on the location, amount of infected etc, but lets say this happened in a major city, how fucked would we be?

I figure most people have the same ideas right, go to stores and loot, hunker down, or go out to the country. Stores would be looted, highways would be stuck, cities in general would be fucked. If a breakout happened right now as you're reading this thread, what would you do? How would you handle the situation?
>>
Probably take a knee and dab
>>
>>22676235
Depends how it spreads
Airborne, touch, STD?
The determines its speed and fuckedness far more than population

Also this thread will be full of edgelord kids who swear their gun/preptime will make them invincible when more likely all if you will die before you even know what's happening since you sit in a basement arguing on 4chan all day
>>
I'm at work at this job I started a couple months ago which is a couple towns over. Took the bus to get here so my car is far away. I've actuall though about this recently. I'd be pretty fucked. I'd fill my water bottle up, try to hitch a ride with someone or steal their vehicle. If that didn't work I'd try to find a good hiding place.
>>
I've always wondered how far those preppers would make it, obviously they have everything you need for surviving a SHTF situation but it would be interesting to see how far they actually make it. They'd be prime targets for looters as well
>>
File: rv.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>22676266
Oh shit yeah i forgot about that. Its the most typical way it spreads in stories, but would spreading through a bite be too far fetched?
>>
If it quickly spreads it would be possibly the end of mankind. But things similar to that happened before in ancient times and we survived, it happened in India one time at least.
>>
>>22676347
Saliva is a pretty good vector for disease. So is blood. So. Yes.

However. If people started eating eachother in a major city the military (rather, the president) would drop a bunch of bombs, or even a nuke, to contain it. A nuke wouldn't be a bad idea, as the radiation would kill the virus/bacteria as well as the infected.

On top of that, if the infected are alive they could be starved to death. If they are dead or have major bodily systems not working/barely working, they would freeze in the winter or dry out and fall apart in the summer.

Most likely, what would happen (using U.S. as an example)

A major city or two would turn into a burning hellhole, un-infected would evacuate and probably contain a few infected. However, basic common sense would dictate that people acting weird should be quarantined. Or shot. The military would handle both of those things pretty well. So you'd have smaller than in the movies, roving packs of infected start migrating out of the cities they started in. The military and citizens would probably be more hunters than hunted. And as long as we kept people getting eaten/turned less than people NOT getting eaten/turned, nature and bullets would solve the rest of the issue.

Tl;dr only magic hell zombies would be world ending. We'd bomb the majority of them from the get go, at great cost of course (nobody wants to kill the uninfected BUT...) and the rest would be taken care of in a matter of a year or two.
>>
>>22676491
Agreed. At least in the states, the spirit around "needs of the many over needs of the few" is too strong for something like zombies to become catastrophic.

More subtle things like dangerous diseases would be far worse.
>>
>>22676491
bad idea using the nukes, you have now a new virus of nuclear mutants like feral ghouls in fallout
>>
The cdc has guns and they want to use them.
>>
File: 1557941958251s.jpg (5 KB, 250x248)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
literally build a treehouse and put up a sign that says "no infected allowed :)"
>>
>>22676643
Nah. We'd have some shadow burns and fucked up babies like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but no ghouls nigga
>>
It'll be a high intensity-low duration thing desu.
Remember that at the end of 28 days later the infected died of starvation so it'll prolly happen like that only earlier because of a thing dehydration
>>
>>22676663
Exactly. Unless it were like a targeted thing where a BUNCH of major cities had major outbreaks at the same time, it would be over fairly quickly
>>
>>22676674
>>22676663
still lots of ways to reinfect, dont forget about the animals and plants
>>
>>22676955
It would be odd for animals and plants to be able to reinfect us with a virus or disease like that. Mosquitos, sure. I get that. But not much else.
>>
>>22676663
With any luck, the virus would be one of those viruses that can survive on inorganic surfaces for inordinate amounts of time. All the zombies die, we get society kind of working again, but then one guy picks up a screwdriver that someone had put through a zombie's eye a year ago: BAM! It's over again.
>>
>>22676235
If I'm anywhere except at work then I'm probably fucked since I live in an overpopulated area. At work I'm behind several locked gates and completely alone with my car and all the supplies I have in it
The smart move is to stay put until the initial panic is over, then venture someplace that's difficult to live in due to weather like Canada.
I know I'm fucked anyways though since California is overpopulated, so good luck everybody else
>>
>>22676637

>the states
>Marxist talking point

Lolwut?
>>
>>22676955
>>22677027

Before anyone brings it up, Frank was infected by blood from the dead soldier the crow was eating, not the crow itself,
>>
>>22676235

I think when 5g cranks right up that's exactly what will happen. also: Antifa. thugs, gangs, trolls, little bitches on this board - have been happening for decades.
>>
>>22677135
Yeah im in one of the biggest cities in Texas so i'm most likely fucked as well Tons of folk have guns here so that might help a bit, but i don't think it will help that much overall. I'll probably just hunker down until the inital panic is over like you suggested, then i'll go from there. But since im in a huge city i'm most likely fucked GG
>>
>>22677243
Good luck to you anon. Maybe if we survive this our paths will cross someday
>>
I'll buy food and hide for a couple of weeks with a gun in till all of the dead eventually die of starvation or thirst.
>>
>>22676266
>>22676290
The universe can have a strange sense of humor. I think the NEETS have a better chance than the preppers because they are already home. Around here where I live, Friday afternoons tend to have the worst traffic. Add a little rain and accidents cause major delays. Mister Preparedness has to fight through chaos just to pick up his kids from school, which is exactly what every parent will be attempting to do. Mr P has probably spent the last decade boring his neighbors about his bunker. I think there just might be a not so neighborly welcoming committee waiting for Mr P, assuming he makes it. I think the panic will probably end up killing more people than the infection. Just look at how people behave on Black Friday over a TV or toaster. One of the most chilling parts of 28 Days Later is what happens to the city of Manchester. I don't care which end time scenario it is, I think fiction tends to be too optimistic, for the sake of continuing the story of course. Summer is just about here in Texas. There would be quite a bit of agitated people because of the lack of air conditioning on top of everything else. Count your blessings, anons and make sure your bicycle is in working order.
>>
>>22676235
I'd be worried about "containment" and pretty much nothing else. Doesn't matter what side of the line I happened to fall in.

On the infected side, I get I'd have to deal with said infected and it might seem a better choice to focus on them instead.

But in the back of my mind I'm sure i'm be thinking about what the "power that be" will do if they think they've lost containment.

And wouldn't "count on them" to come save me.

And how if everyone's "hunkered" down it could easily be spun that we're all dead, so it's not like the bomb's killing anyone other then the zombies. So I'd be out there making sure someone's making some noise. Just so it's as obvious as fuck to someone that there's folks fighting back.

Hopefully being able to fall back to fortified positions by other folks who stayed hunkered down.

Even if the best i could muster was to "fake" it by setting off explosions or something.

I'd "communicate" as much as possible.

Still alive mother fuckers.
>>
>>22678834
if neets prepped like preppers then they'd be preppers. preppers have the best chance for sure.
>>
>>22676423
Source?
>>
i live in a major city so im pretty much fucked
could easily survive in the bush
>>
File: evomnw6u.jpg (98 KB, 960x768)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>22676266
>since you sit in a basement arguing on 4chan all day

A hidden basement would be the best place to hide out short term. Imagine a world where only 400lb hackers survive.
>>
>>22679131
Even if they did survive they would be the last of their generation as they couldn’t talk to any surviving females.
>>
I'd stay exactly where I am right now.
I have one loaf of bread and a gallon of water, a little cheese too.
I have a few empty jugs to piss in, i could probably just shit in a bag.
I'd lock my doors and shut the curtains, the lowest window is like 8 ft off the ground, so even if they could reach it, I don't think they could see me inside.
Plus, what the fuck is the point of knocking out the windows if they can't even see me?
I'd probably just sit here for a week, dicking around on my phone until the internet kicked off for good, downloading offline mobile games for the wait.
I don't have any really compelling weapons, but I have a feeling I could make things work.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.