[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: wojak.png (86 KB, 443x300)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
I am what you might call a bit of a robot and an autist.

How would you recommend I seek out and find a guru or a spiritual teacher?
>>
Find a therapist
>>
Get a gf.
>>
Spend decades reading everything you can and watching lectures by people you respect as being more knowledgable than you. Using your own discernment to filter out the garbage from the truth, which is the tricky part for most people because they prefer to either just accept everything someone says or deny it all, and not ponder things too much.

Also, mastery of your mind, emotions and desires might lead people who have less control and are more ruled by their lower nature to think you're a robot, but that's ok.
>>
>>22675529
>>22675529
Be yourself, a total loser that thinks /x/ is >>>/adv/
>>
>>22675583
We have readers and divination threads m8, we can give advice.
>>
>>22675585
white knight for attention whore that wants their own pity-me thread
>>
>>22675591
Its not for him so much as its for the people that read it
>>
>>22675529
well that pic scared me enough holy shit I gotta take a walk. also just pray gurus are as bad as psychiatrists they know nothing about the soul just like psychiatrists know nothing about the brain.
>>
>>22675600
Fine, here's advice for you OP: Jump off a freeway overpass infront of a speeding truck.
>>
>>22675529
OP drink some bleach.
>>
>>22675591
We live in a tagline regime, as anon said>>22675600 people reads that and feels identified.

If you feel identified with attention whoring be my guest.
>>
>>22675529
>I literally have no willpower so I need someone to tell me what I have to do

Build some self-discipline.
>>
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me!

Im rubber you’re glue whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks back to you!

Remember these super duper basic life lessons we were all taught at like 5 years old
>>
>>22675529
Google a buddhist temple in your area and look at the schedule on their website. Most temples have monks or teachers who give free weekly or monthly dharma teachings to a group of attendees. You won't find a guru without showing dedication to learning these first simple lessons that are offered. You basically have to attend offering ceremonies and teachings and belong to a temple by doing that and make friends with other temple goers and the monks for a few years. You can ask questions of the monk during or after the teachings though. In essence the teacher of the class would be your guru. You can also adopt a guru on your own through reading a the writings of a reputable teacher/master. The Tsong Kapa and the current Dalai Lama's modern elucidations of time-honored texts are the starting point for most in Tibetan Buddhism. Padmasambhava is the patron buddha of Tibet and the go-to guy for tantric teachings.
>>
>>22675675
I've been looking into Bhuddism and practicing meditation for a while but I can't help but feel a lot of it it is very intellectually dishonest.
Like Islam, Taoism and a great many other religions Bhuddism is often presented as a very Catholic "rationality" that pretends other religions are more superstitious or silly.
But really Prince Siddartha is as entirely fictional and absurd as his protector Vajrapani (AKA Heracles.)

It's not the irrationality of it that bugs me, it's the hypocrisy of things.
>>
File: emote-10.png (18 KB, 112x112)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>22675529
You do not need a guru anon.
You do not need a lifetime to learn spirituality or spiritual teaching, it is simple enough for a child to understand & be taught and it is in 1 book. The Bible.

Seek out God's word through reading the bible anon... it will guide you in Spiritual teaching and far more. Try to learn everything you can from it, I'd start with learning some of the symbolism's meanings, while using two different versions of the bible (KJV & NIV) this is to help clarify old meanings/language usage.

The more you learn about it the more you'll understand, and the more of God's word will be revealed to you
Such as what is the light God created in Genesis before he created the sun and stars...
It will show & explain history, moral teaching, parable, and prophecy if you are willing to put in the effort to learn & cross reference it with itself.

>P.S. All non believers in GOD'S Word/Works. I had a math nerd do the calcultations
The various prophecies that were fulfilled by Jesus 300 in total from the OT.

To complete a total of only 8 of those prophecies...
Imagine covering the entire area of Texas 1 foot deep with silver dollar coins with only 1 golden dollar in the entire amount. The chance of a complete stranger picking up that gold dollar on their 1st try is the same as Jesus completing 8 of those prophecies as is written. (aka a 1:1*10^23 chance, or a 1 in an octillion chance)

Ain't that something to rustle your jimmies...
>>
Do a flip
>>
>>22675583
/x/ is secretly a club where the mentally ill support each other in their own weird way. Not that anyone realizes this is what it is, though.
>>
You don't need a guru you lazy neet

You need a job
>>
>>22675529
I doubt a guru or spiritual teacher would care about a touch of the 'tism.
A person would have to have a touch of it them self to devote their entire life to a spiritual pursuit.
>>
>>22675591
I feel I have unique difficulties that merit worry about finding a good teacher.
>>
File: 12365192784235.png (198 KB, 500x510)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>22675582
How does one work on mastering their mind?
>>
>>22675785
>Like Islam, Taoism and a great many other religions Bhuddism is often presented as a very Catholic "rationality" that pretends other religions are more superstitious or silly.
I dunno, the Dalai Lama is the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism, and he never denigrates other religions in any way, or claims Buddhism is superior. He even wrote a book, I forget what it's called, of his (favorable) reflections on Christianity.
>>
File: liberation1b.jpg (36 KB, 200x278)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>22675785
Tibetan Buddhism is different from other strains of Buddhism too, in that there is a kind of magical element to it, because it's an admixture to some extent of the Bon religion that came before it in Tibet, and the tantric Buddhism that Padmasambhava brought from India to Tibet.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.