[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1554814845454.jpg (54 KB, 613x960)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
So my new house is surrounded by miles of forest and I feel like hunting cryptids/boogeymen. What should a bring for this excursion, and what are the uses for them? I'm not exactly well versed in what things like sage do so all advice would be appreciated
>>
>>22510219
inB4 a bunch of out of shape guys that never leave the basement share all the 'wisdom' about hunting and weapons they've learned from playing video games
>>
you might want to check /out/ or /k/ as well. slim chance of finding a cryptid, but high likelihood of encountering wildlife or natural hazards.
>>
>>22510262
I go camping all the time, the only part I'm iffy about is /x/ related stuff
>>
File: vk2LYK0Nhak.jpg (160 KB, 1280x856)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>22510302

I will give you info from "Rose of the World" book by Daniil Andreev.

According to it there are nature entities, manifesting in natural phenomena of our world and influencing people.

There are uncorrupted ones, they are pure and better then humans in that way. Those are spirits of rivers, for example (with exception I'll write below).

Then there are mixed ones, they are sometimes dangerous, not often. For example, those of arctic winds and underground/mountain caves.

Then there are malevolent ones, those are always dangerous, aware of people individually or not. I can only guess you live in some temperate part of USA/Europe so the malevolent ones you are most likely to encounter are those of bogs/swamps. They lure people into depressive insanity and lure them to drown. Thus - don't go to swamps, ESPECIALLY at night.

full info about nature entities/elementals there:
http://www.rodon.org/andreev/trotw.htm#a22

pic unrelated
>>
>>22510219
Well for starters, if you are concerned about /x/ related things, then you should always refer to the three S's. Sage, Salt, and Silver.
These three materials can purge like 95% of all paranormal-related things. Besides that, it is just knowing the quirks, mannerisms, and specific weaknesses of the paranormal things you are facing.

For anything cryptid related, it is once again just knowing the behavior of the creatures. Remember, most cryptids are flesh-and-blood, so the three S's are less likely to work with them. Some cryptids may have a general weakness you can exploit, but you probably won't be able to utilize them unless you already know the specifics in advance.
As a general rule of thumb, fire kills most anything. Fire purifies. Just don't burn the forest down.

Also, when in doubt, run away. Dying isn't worth it, no matter the cost.
>>
>>22510387
But what do the three S's do? I know silver hurts werewolves but that's it
>>
>>22510219
The only thing you'd be hunting is wasted time.
>>
>>22510503
Sage is traditionally burnt. This is typically to either cleanse the area of spirits, or to bless a person. This process (called smudging) simply requires you to burn the sage, and allow the smoke/vapor to cleanse the area. While I am sure there is a more simple way of getting sage, I normally find it at native american gatherings, pow-wows, markets, etc. While we are on the subject of herbalism, keep on the lookout for wolfsbane and wormwood. Both of these can be made potent poisons, and are just generally useful on there own. But remember, they are poisonous, so don't go around eating the stuff.

Salt naturally repels spiritual threats. By smart placement of the salt, you can stop a spirit from entering a location. To protect yourself, you can make a circle with it, and stand inside the circle. This protection can give you time to get your sage, silver, or other materials ready. Remember, this is only to buy you time. If you do not have any other materials besides salt and make a salt circle, then a malicious spirit may simply just wait for you to leave the circle before attacking again.

Silver also naturally repeals spirits, however it is more combat oriented then salt. Salt merely repeals a threat, while silver can both repeal and hurt it. If you buy a silver necklace/pendant, then you can repeal spirits fairly well. If you want to go all out, buy a silver dagger/knife. While you can't kill a spirit with this (they are already dead or beyond your reach), you can use it against other paranormal threats, such as the aforementioned werewolf.
Also, some people apparently think that silver can hurt faeries. This is wrong, and this false information can be fatal. Only cold iron can hurt faeries.

However remember, these are only the basics. If a spirit isn't repealed by these, they either need to be banished, or they need to be countered with some other form of process entirely.
>>
>>22510731
Are there any articles or infographs to teach me some of these rituals?
>>
>>22510796
Not sure. I've learned from experience, books, and other people. I'll look around a bit and see if I can find something.
>>
>>22510246
kek
>>
>>22510796
I just skimmed through it, but this one salt seems fairly accurate.
https://www.ghostlyactivities.com/salt-a-ghostly-protection-go-to/
Also, what do you mean by 'rituals'? The only real rituals I've mentioned are banishment rituals thus far, but that is a whole different beast to tackle.
>>
>>22510922
>However remember, these are only the basics. If a spirit isn't repealed by these, they either need to be banished, or they need to be countered with some other form of process entirely.
I meant this part, I don't want to get skullfucked for doing the wrong thing to a dangerous entity
>>
>>22511330
There are many forms of banishment rituals. Most are fairly complicated, and doing one on the fly is difficult. Hold on for a bit, I'll search for a simpler one to post here. If that fails, I'll teach you a slightly more complex one.
>>
>>22511820
Alright, I couldn't find a simpler one that I like, so I'll teach you one here.
Mind you, you will rarely commit banishing rituals when dealing with spirits. You can get rid of most of them by smudging, or simply telling the spirit to get the hell out.

First of all, there is one that a lot of people use, which is known as the "Lesser/Greater Ritual of the Pentagram". If you are looking for simplicity, these are probably the two you want. I personally stay away from them, as they have a negative connotation associated with them, and there are more powerful banishment spells out there.
http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Lesser_Ritual_of_the_Pentagram
http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Greater_Ritual_of_the_Pentagram

The one that follows is simpler. You don't have to dress up in black robes, draw pentagrams, or do any other sketchy things, which is nice. However, you need a lot of materials for this, so I would suggest that you only use it when necessary.

Things you need: salt, sage, 4 candles, powdered dragon's blood (it's a resin, not the blood of a mythical creature), consecrated water, and woodworm

1. Draw a circle, in salt, to preform the ritual with. Place a candle at the north, south, east, and westernmost parts of the circle.

2. Mix the wormwood and dragon's blood powder, and burn the concoction. Light the candles.

3. In the circle, say a prayer of your religion, preferably one that invokes the name of your deity. It does not matter on your religion, simply on your belief of said religion. If you are atheist/agnostic, then refer to the greater/lesser ritual of the pentagram.

4. Command the spirit to leave this plane of existence. Use the consecrated water if the spirit manifests and things get hairy.

If the spirit is still around after this, then just get the hell out of dodge. You either need a stronger banishment ritual, or need to fight it in an entirely different way.
>>
>>22512153
I forgot to mention, make sure that the spirit is actually in the room with you during the ritual. Entire ceremonies can be thwarted because people forget this simple key factor.
>>
>>22512163
Thanks for the advice. Since I'm likely going to be outdoors, is it safe to assume the effective radius of that ritual to be ~10ft?
>>
>>22512547
Depends. This ritual normally takes place in a reasonably-sized enclosed room. I would say 15-20 square feet at maximum if out in the open. I think I should also say that it is unlikely that you will find a spirit just roaming around in the in the middle of the woods.
I also forgot to mention how sage is used in the prior ritual. Light it in stage 4, immediately after you say your prayer.

I don't know where you live, but if you are going out into the wild (not some small forest, like the actual wilderness), then you need to worry about faeries and forest spirits.
To combat these, you need cold iron. Now, when I say cold iron, I do not actually mean iron that is cold. I actually mean cold-forged iron that still retains it's magnetic properties. If you can somehow get knife/weapon made out of this, it will be a rare and priceless artifact that will help you with these creatures.
>>
>>22512682
Are there any other weapons to combat forest spirits? If not, is there a way for me to make my own cold iron weapon? It seems like trying to buy one would be like trying to buy a femur from a dinosaur museum
>>
>>22510731
Anon, what are your thoughts on table salt vs natural salt? I've been told before that it has to be sea salt or mined salt, that lab-made sodium chloride doesn't work because it's artificial. Is there anything to that?
>>
>>22510219
I want to hunt cryptids sometimes. Not for the fun, trophies, pics, or even bragging rights. I want them to be afraid.
>>
>>22510246
Oh really? Either way that cryptic shit isn't real.
>>
>>22513137
Cryptid*
>>
File: 0000.jpg (49 KB, 380x214)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>22510219
>Records indicate you are prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms.
>>
>>22513137
>go on /x/
>shit on everyone's parade
Adults are allowed to have fun, go do your homework
>>
>>22513153
Homework? There are more videos and pics of UFOs than cryptids. I wonder why.
>>
>>22513160
>there are more chinks than there are niggers, I wonder why
>>
>>22513169
>chinks and biggers
What a vast trove of Information on cryptids. Loser
>>
>>22513153
>adults are allowed to be retarded.
>>
>>22513205
>only if people continue to feel sorry for them
>>
>>22513180
>There are more videos and pics of UFOs than cryptids. I wonder why.
>there are more chinks than there are niggers, I wonder why
t. doesn't understand mockery
>>
>>22512925
You are right about the rareness aspect. Finding a blacksmith in this day and age is hard, nevertheless one who knows how to cold forge properly. While I have forged things, it has been normal, hot, forging, with an actual forge. I'm sure you could somehow make a cold iron weapon, but I am unsure on how to make it or retain the magnetic property. The one I have was passed down to me. You can try the 3 S's, but cold iron is really the only way I know how to combat fair folk.

>>22513085
While I've always used natural salt, I have heard that table salt works fine, and I can't see why it wouldn't.
>>
>>22513205
Actually, yes. As long as they have a job they are allowed to go to LARP conventions or whatever else they want because they don't have to listen to anybody except the police. I guess mommy never told you that, huh?
>>
>>22513213
I understand exactly what you are. Stupid jew.
>>
>>22513221
That means I can say what I want too, bitch boy.

Haha
>listening to the police
>>
>>22513220
I looked up cold forging. Do I have to start the process with iron ore or can I use processed bars? I'm thinking of just making a hammer or something along those lines since iron doesn't seem like the best knife material
>>
>>22513223
Go back to your containment board
>>
>>22513244
Why? I want to fuck up yours.
>>
>>22513229
How many felonies have you racked up? If the answer is zero then yes, you listen to police
>>
>>22513252
You have my thoughts and prayers
>>
>>22513263
The police don't get you out of felonies, stupid fuck, lawyers do. Also, you don't know shit. I am a criminal and fuck the police.
>>
>>22513269
That's worth about 1/2 a fart.
>>
>>22513236
I'd imagine that you would need to refine the ore before making the blade. You could probably do it with the bars, but purity of the metal would probably be an issue. On top of that, I have no idea how you would retain the magnetic property, and that is a key component to the weapon.

Also, iron isn't the best knife material (especially cold iron), but you shouldn't really be using this as an all-purpose knife. A knife like this should really only be used when faeries pose a threat.
I'm not even sure if a hammer would work against fair folk to be honest.
>>
>>22513252
what is there to fuck up?
>>
>>22513276
>I am a criminal
What's your favorite gun? Not that it matters, since you can't own any
>>
>>22513311
Exactly
>>
>>22513284
Do not worry anon, god can forgive your sins. For it is he who is most holy and above all others
>>
>>22513276
>I am a criminal and fuck the police.
Besides this being absolutely cringy, if you have to say this, then you are most likely not a criminal.
>>
>>22513313
I'm not a convicted felon, faggot. That's what lawyers are for. I own many guns. My favorite is my M4.

Fun fact: money can get you out of trouble. Even when you point a .45 at someone's face.
>>
>>22513294
If it lost its magnetic properties couldn't I just magnetize the finished product?
>>
>>22513320
Sure kid
>>
>>22513326
>LARPing this hard
And I'm certain everyone clapped
>>
>>22513319
I know God very well. God doesn't like most of you here.
>>
>>22513336
Ok bud. I even got the .45 back from the stupid ass highway patrol. They tried to steal it. You know nothing.
>>
>>22513326
>my favorite is my m4
At least make it believable. Post guns faggot
>>
>>22513356
Which one, hun?
>>
>>22513343
God loves everyone equally. He even loves those such as you who try to judge on His behalf
>>
>>22513329
I'm not entirely sure. I've heard stories of blacksmiths retaining the magnetic property through the cold forging process, and assumed that keeping natural magnetization was the only thing that would impact fae.
>>
>>22513368
>guns
>which one
Lrn 2 reed
>>
>>22513372
If you day so..... some here are already not going to heaven, bub.
>>
>>22513355
>implying the highway patrol gives a fuck about your shitty .45
>>
File: M4forthewhore.jpg (422 KB, 1205x904)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>22513382
All you get, little slut.
>>
>>22513391
Which ones here are not going to heaven?
>>
>>22513394
They like Colts I guess.
>>
>>22513403
Oh, you know.....
>>
>>22513399
>posts proof he isn't a criminal
Thanks bud
>>
>>22513407
???
>>
>>22513355
>You know nothing.
You have a huuuuuuge mouth and a substance abuse problem. We know more than enough.
>>
>>22513408
You're welcome Mr. Glownigger.

>criminals don't have guns.
Are you seriously retarded?
>>
This thread has derailed so fucking much.
>>
>>22513417
What substance you punk bitch? Also, fuck the police.
>>
File: 1ith6fcd980z.jpg (558 KB, 3264x2448)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
>>22513399
Cool gun. Does it look like this?
>>
>>22513415
This guy.
>>22513417
>>
>>22513431
No. I prefer the carry handle.
>>
>>22513422
Let me walk you through this. M4s are full auto, the only ways to own full auto guns are if they are pre ban or if you jumped through legal loopholes. Catching on yet?
>>
>>22513444
Then why does the factory put M4 on it? It says M4 Carbine right????
>>
>>22513417
That proves he is a criminal, tyrone made his mouth huge
>>
>>22513444
This one says M4A1.
>>22513431
>>
>>22513449
The factory puts m4 on their m4s since nogunz can't tell the difference between those and ARs, and they are seperate products
>>
>>22513450
Do something about it.
>>
>>22513442
So you like carry handles on your airshit. Gotcha
>>
>>22513466
Yeah, airsoft is the best.
>>
>>22513462
Tyrone already did
>>
>>22513417
Are you gangstalking me?
>>
>>22513478
Is gangstalking real?
>>
>>22513471
Nah. I've yet to see someone try to "come and take it."
>>
>>22513481
Oh yeah. That's what the NSA, FBI, CIA, DHS and police do.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (47 KB, 344x356)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>22513491
This is totally off the clock.
>>
>>22513483
BLACKED.com
>>
>>22513508
Your favorite site?
>>
>>22513501
Pffft no. That's exactly what they do. They are the biggest gang in the world.
>>
>>22513516
And you're my favorite regular
>>
>>22513542
Glad someone recognizes me.
>>
>>22513555
You are easy to recognize.
>>
>>22513563
I sure am.
>>
Anyways, cryptids aren't real. Only glowniggers are real.
>>
>>22513584
Just like a few people from last night.
>>
>>22513608
What happened last night? I fell asleep.
>>
>>22513605
How to hunt glowniggers?
>>
>>22510219
This is really sophisticated glowposting
>>
>>22513628
It's pretty easy. They normally show themselves.
>>
>>22513628
I have an sbs baby killing machine gun
Bait set. Now to wait for a bite
>>
>>22513613
>I fell asleep.
You shitpost in your sleep?
>>
>>22513666
Which posts and threads are you referring to Satan?
>>
>>22513680
are(honk)you(honk)referring(honk)to(honk)Satan
>>
>>22513686
I don't post that gay clown shit.
>>
>>22513686
>doesn't recognize satanic trips
>>
>>22510219
it is paranormal

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.