[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1551301172529.gif (32 KB, 220x197)
32 KB
32 KB GIF
https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2727726/measles-mumps-rubella-vaccination-autism-nationwide-cohort-study

Lets discuss this
>>
>>22360176
I want to eyefuck her until she pukes tears
>>
>>22360176
I am not convinced the vaccines themselves are dangerous. However, I side firmly with the anti-vaxxers on principle because bodily integrity for each individual is of paramount importance to a free society. People have a right to make whatever choices that they want, even so-called "wrong" choices, with regards to what goes into their bodies.
>>
>>22360199
The choice to not vaccinate doesn’t just affect them though.
>>
>>22360412
>The choice to not vaccinate doesn’t just affect them though.
Yeah when the government forces all the kids to be in schools together it makes for a problem. Guess you could have a non-vax school, though getting enough adults to work there might be tricky.
>>
>>22360199
Not when it involves diseases that kill other people. Your choice affects other peoples bodies, not just your own.
>>
>>22360199
>People have a right to make whatever choices that they want, even so-called "wrong" choices
So people should be able to store thousands of gallons of gasoline in old milk jugs in their apartments! Or let tigers roam their property!
>>
>>22360455
This would come out into play anywhere people gather. Schools, offices, shopping malls...

If someone values society and interacting with others, then they need to value vaccination too.
>>
>>22360514
>omits "with regards to their bodies" in the reply
Gee, I wonder why you'd do something like that? Could it be you're attempting to misrepresent something?
>>
>>22360537
Okay, someone goes outside and blows their brains out, but the bullet passes through their head and hits an innocent bystander.
>>
>>22360412
>>22360505
Think for a moment about the implications of that. Is someone who doesn't quarantine themselves when they are sick harming others? Is the onus on the person who may or may not be contagious to sacrifice for the good of the collective? What if the vaccines do cause some form of harm, even in a minority of the recipients? Is it still better to vaccinate for the good of the herd, at the cost of the individual?
This is one of the few strictly collectivist vs. Individualist issue in play right now.
>>
>>22360547
What are you gonna do, put them in jail? They killed theirselves!
>>
>>22360557
>What are you gonna do, put them in jail?
Leper colony?
>>
>>22360562
Are you suggesting segregating people into separate but equal groups? Sounds oddly familiar...
>>
>>22360187
I want to be on my back on the floor beneath you two while do that so I catch the mess in my mouth
>>
>>22360515
is this the true mark of the beast?
>>
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>22360515
You're not very bright.
>>
>>22360199
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25277820
>>
What does OP think about it?
>>
>>22360176
What's to discuss? Dumb people will kill their kids by not vaccinating. We can't stop them without crossing a dangerous ethical line. I think they should be refused medical care related to their refusal though. The kids are innocent but they will almost certainly grow up to think the same way. And nobody would care if it didn't endanger other people. It's not just stupid, it's selfish. And there's no argument against that. You can't say it's not stupid or selfish. It's fact. You can't decide science and medicine is fine but only up to a point. If fire is ok, or wheels, or cars, zippers, computers, whatever...why not vaccines? Because you're stupid and selfish. Period.
>>
>>22362232
I don't disagree with any part of what you said (except for the being denied medical treatment. If they can afford it, why deny them?), as long as you agree that people shouldn't be forced by the government to take these vaccines (which I think you are implying). It's ok to think they are stupid and selfish, it's not ok to use government force to "correct" them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.