[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

From a thread from /fit/

"Honestly the other night i spent a solid hour staring at my ceiling freaking out at the fact that, despite using it daily, I have never seen my phone in a single dream I have had and can remember."

What about you ?
>>
>>22205316
I can't remember seeing my phone in a dream either.
>>
>>22205316
Well I remembered one night like week ago I dreamt of breaking 3 smartphones, one of them still worked with a cracked screen.
>>
>>22205316
My laptop is always busted in my dreams and i run to save it from floods and burglars and forest fires
>>
>>22205316
Interesting
>>
>>22205424
Lol
>>
I don't think I've ever dreamt of my smartphone either.
>>
Interesting, neither have I. Generally i don't feel compelled to shitpost in my dreams.
>>
I have.
>>
>>22205316
Probably because phones are a source of anxiety and it would force you to wake up.
>>
>>22205316
I had a vivid strange dream last night. I was younger than I am now, high school aged I think. We were in a camp, a training facility I think. I remember the fence and being able to see a movie theater and Mexican restaurant from inside. It was in parts very manmade, but would have some natural beauty in it. Swimming was heavily encouraged. It was in Colorado, it was in the 70s and drizzling or sprinkling most of the time, despite the sky being blue. I had planned to try to escape at night and one other person there agreed to go with me. We didn't end up going. I think some time passed as I was swimming through one of the many canals in the complex. I felt powerful under the water, I did not long for air. I look up and an instructor/higher up was looking down at me, leaning of the water. He pulled out a taser and was planning on shocking the water. I grabbed his free hand and didn't pull him in, but just placed it in the water. So he would be shocked as well. He smiled fiercely, as if he was proud or impressed at my action. He did not take the water and it ends there.

What mean
>>
>>22205554
I also had a weirdly vivid dream last night, which is weird since weed and don't usually remember my dreams, I had also smoked just before going to bed, except in my dream I was nowhere, I had no concept of where we were, but I had sex with my female cousin, very strange dream, one of those dreams you still remember for the whole day, a lot of energy, very strange
>>
>>22205316
I have. Never had a dream phone call that wasn't important to me.
>>
>>22205316
I have. I don't remember the context, but I remember using it normally. I also dreamed with a mirror once, and I could see myself in that mirror, that dream was pretty off and I almost believe I wasn't actually dreaming...
>>
>>22205570
stop smoking weed for the sole reason of dreaming. i look forward to going to bed every night because of it
>>
Also laptop, tablet,... anything high tech.
Is it because that your brain can't simulate things that's not "nature" ?
>>
I once had a dream that I was on a vacation with my college friends. Me and and my buddy went to go get some groceries. Since we didnt know our way around I had to use my phone gps. I remember I was scrolling though it trying to find where we needed to go but when I found it I couldnt press it.
>>
>>22205316
>>22205328
you don't see clocks either unless you think about seeing them
and when you do they're all fucked up and don't display right

protip: next time you see a clock or anything displaying numbers oddly, try to actively dream
{disclaimer: do not try to an hero in your dreams}
>>
>>22205700
spooky
>>
one time i boofed a dream vampire and when i woke up i had come IRL
>>
>>22205701
I wonder if it has to do with us not needing the concept of time in our dreams or maybe just the ebb and flow is controlled by our brain
>>
>>22205714
probably the former; artificial scales don't really add up in dreams
try measuring things in your dreams like velocity or size and the brain is like
mmmnope not doing that my man this is wacky fun zone where you just don't know

strangely however alphabet and words aren't affected as much by this, at least for me.
>>
I’ve dreamt of my phone only once. An atom bomb went off near where I lived and I started telling everyone how much I loved them and my mom wasn’t there. She’s divorced from my dad so she was just across the way but obv I didn’t have enough time to get to her, so I texted her. That’s the only thing I used it for and the only one I remember seeing it
>>
>>22205316
I've seen it before during dreams and during hypnagogia
>>
false. I had a dream where moot called me. I answered and before saying hello he said '4chan gets almost one million posts a day, hundreds of thousands of which are images.' and then hung up. I received a text from the same number a moment later that said 'habeeb it', and I woke up.
>>
Lol i can't even remember my dreams how would i be able to remember a small detail such as a phone?
>>
>>22205691
I dream a lot being into decaying/normal amusement park/ train station, i don't think what you said it's true
>>
>>22205863
You can write down your dream while you are almost awake, sometime i can still continue my dream by day-dreaming while i go to take a shit or something
>>
>>22205714
Clocks/phones are associated with waking up in the morning, and mirrors with getting ready in the morning and the first thing you see before you start your day is a perfect reflection of yourself. Your brain doesn't want to wake up yet. People like to scoff at the idea of your brain autopiloting subconsciously, but sometimes you find yourself waking up 1 minute or even 5 seconds before your alarm goes off so obviously it knows what it's doing. Your brain doesn't want to associate with such a strong trigger when it isn't time to wake up yet.
>>
>>22206047
> but sometimes you find yourself waking up 1 minute or even 5 seconds before your alarm goes off so obviously it knows what it's doing.
i have this happen too. whenever i do set an alarm on my clock i wake up right before it goes off. but i usually never set my alarms because i can actually control when i wake up with around 15 minute accuracy. i just repeat to myself wake up at this time over and over for a minute and then it happens. waking up is one thing but having the strength to get out of bed is another though
>>
>>22206005
My nigga i can't remember who i am or what i am for 30 minutes after i wake up you think im going to be able to write shit down?
>>
i had a dream where the room was flooding and i started drowning but i held my phone above the water as long as i could
OP if a faggot and this isnt paranormal
>>
I had nightmares where I tried to type messages but it didn't work, always mistyped. Like light switches don't work in dreams or the tap does not close.
>>
>>22205316
Ive used my phone in dreams before, however usually it doesn't work properly. Like I'll try to find my way home and Google maps will just refuse to work, or I'll try to call for help and the screen will just be a blur.

I do sometimes receive calls or texts in my dreams, and it functions then.
>>
I can't remember the last time I used my phone.
>>
>>22205655
Meh, I smoke weed so I can look forward to
Alright yeah there's nothing here guys, posted in this thread yesterday and I guess my subconscious wanted to prove a point, in my dream last night I distinctly remember being bored at one point, so I pulled out my phone, opened the omnichan app, and browsed 8ch's /zoo/ board for a bit
>>
>>22209435
Woah that was weeeiiiirrd, I smoke weed to look forward to being awake
>>
>>22205316
Have had more than a few dreams where I'm using my phone, but it's super fucking hard to do anything on it. It just starts glitching out
>>
Sometimes, I'll be near lucid in a dream and then go to use a cell phone and when it doesn't work properly or gets surreal and strange, I become frustrated and distracted when I should become alerted to the fact that I'm dreaming. lol... I should work on that.
>>
are u all saying u never texted or called someone in a dream ??

baka
>>
what are you trying to say? i remember dreaming about receiving texts from an ex
>>
>>22209608

then u dreamed of ur phone lol
most ppl have dreamed of texting or callin someone, even if they dont remember it
therefore they dreamed of their phones
>>
>>22205316
>I have never seen my phone in a single dream I have had and can remember.

it's a sort of toddlers way of keeping itself secret, isn't it?
>>
A few months ago, I thought about how I had NEVER seen my cell in dreams and now it's a pretty common occurence. Usually for directions or using the internet.
>>
>>22205316
I am constantly buying or playing interesting videogame systems that are not real and just recently dreamt of ngages, which are a cellphone. I found one in a thrift store, but it was a rare promotional version. Ive also dreamt about cellphones, never my current phones though.

Can you tell me when youve ever dreant about putting on socks or shoes, washing dishes, doing laundry, folding clothes, cooking food, carrying bags of groceries from your car to your kitchen and putting them away, taking a piss/shit, brushing your teeth, washing your face, waking up, zipping your pants, writing a note on paper, using a thermostat, watching tv, etc...?
>>
>>22205316
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER /FIT/ GUY IN AUSTRALIA?
>>
>>22205655
Taking benadryl will give you vivid dreams if you smoke weed.
>>
I hate smartphones, hardly use mine
Had a dream last night, my phone was in it

big deal

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.