[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1485435988661.png (12 KB, 370x320)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Isn't saying that "we are made in God's image" a little egotistical? I mean why would it be us? Why does everything have to center around us when there are millions of different life forms on Earth let alone all the unknown life forms that could exist out in the universe.
>>
Mayb the statement doesn't mean humanity is awesome. Maybe the statement implies God sucks.
>>
>>22200135
Its only in Yaldabaoths image and its only our bodies. The souls are made by the source of light outside this shitshow counterfit universe.
>>
Isn't saying we were made by God a little egotistical? Why would God create such a horrible species am I right fellow nihilists haha.
>>
The translation is "in the opinion of god, he is the one who made us"
>Meaning even yalda baoth believes he is our creator
>>
>>22200186
>Why would God create such a horrible species am I right fellow nihilists haha.
Most people I meet who say "we are made in God's image" usually mean that we look like him and have his likeness, even google defines it like that. I'm not saying we weren't made by God, I'm just saying that we are one of the many creatures that God made, and that it's egotistical to say we were made to look like him and have his likeness.
>>
>>22200135
That doesn't mean what you think it does. We are a reflection of "God" (YAHAWAH) and that does not imply anything like superiority. We have powers that no other created being has. So in short we are like small Elohim. Small gods.
>>
>>22200135
read the bible, faggot.
>>
>>22200135
Also we need to remember, the bible isnt really a universal history book. For all we know God could have created other beings in other planets in his image. Maybe we were the first or the first creation made in his image to sin.
>>
>>22200300
I ain't reading that shit nigga.
>>
>>22200306
Why do we need to deal with absolutes and supositions as the architect's intentions need a meaning from OUR perspective?
We just don't know, there is nothing wrong in admiting it.
>>
>>22200263
I had always interpreted it as the reason we are driven to build and create not as in physical appearance
>>
Maybe if god exists and is infinite, everything it makes is in its image.
>>
It means in real reality stuff looks wonky but God just so happened to look like an energy being in a humanoid shape then God set it up in this universe that life forms made of matter would eventually take on that shape
>>
>>22200278
Found the only person in the thread who’s read a fucking religious text of any kind. Christ, it’s like the rest of the mongoloids in this thread actively sought out a topic they know nothing about.
>>
>>22200135
I would put it as this, DNA/RNA, life itself, is created in God's image, because God was born of life. All life is tied to one, and while we perceive the timeline of life, all lives are actually happening simultaneously, like the boot process for God.
>>
File: 1549862631355.png (73 KB, 300x300)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
God is will directed by conciousness. Humans have will and conciousness.
>>
>>22200135
It's not just some slogan some guy came up with. It's in the Bible. Then man was taken around to name all the other animals, because we were to be their custodians.
>>
File: 1549882118950.jpg (3 KB, 157x117)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>22201394
>>
>>22201394

This, it's metaphorical, doesn't mean human bodies. We are made in his image because we are the logos manifest. We are in his image because we are given the power of creation.
>>
>>22201529
>Then man was taken around to name all the other animals, because we were to be their custodians.
What about Dinosaurs? How can we be the custodians of animals that came and gone long before us.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.