[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1a4.gif (1.63 MB, 360x270)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
Ape's library:

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Our last episode:

>>22181608
>>
>>22196930
That's not the last thread. You missed tthe one that just got nuked
>>
>>22196945
Relax anon we are reaching singularity.
>>
To the Anon that asked:

St Cyprian is in the library.
>>
Are there some spell that helps me in studies?, I tend to forget things and get distracted a lot.
>>
I suggest yall keep those threads down for a while..
>>
>>22196979
Invoke Thoth
>>
>>22196983
>letting the terrorists win
>>
>>22196983
I suggest you suck my left nut.
>>
>>22196983
Traditions ain't easy to preserve new friend.

The occult has faced persecution many many times.
>>
>>22196979
Concentration is a learned skill, so meditation should help.
>>
>>22196994
>Not knowing what provokes shiln
>>22197004
>new friend.
Oh yes my sir, you imply stuff about "Anonymous" user.
As for traditions, they have survived allot, I don't think some rest could do much damage. Rather go and anonymously share help with people than raging in one thread about so washed out topics
>>
>>22196986
Very new in this, will Thoth cursed me?, I just want to learn some subjects and a language to start the one I like, latin.

>>22197025
Yeah, I try to meditate since I have depression and didn't want to take pills. But my body finish very dizzy and like I am not in "the real" world.
>>
>>22197054
It was fairly ironic.

But if they want my vote the thread stays.
>>
>>22197064
>will Thoth cursed me

No, just develop a relationship and listen to guidance
>>
>>22197064
>But my body finish very dizzy and like I am not in "the real" world.

What are you calling meditation?
>>
>>22197085
I'll read about this, thank you anon.

>>22197122
I used to lie down and start to control my breath and slow it little by little, then I relax and my body felt light. I clear my mind and try not to think in anything, just to count the second that takes me to inhale and exhale. After this, sometimes I sleep and other I feel like I melt with all, but just a few times.

Isn't it meditation? :'v
>>
How should I get back into the occult? I was very into it a year or so ago, then "friend" of mine tried to bullshit me out of it.

I'm especially interested in the philosophy behind it. Any books you'd recommend?
>>
>>22196930
47gb holy fuck, what kind of thread I just entered
>>
>>22197197
Meditate.
>>
>>22197183
Sep that is meditation.
>>
>>22197201
Buckle up faggot
>>
>>22197307
>You can't even power trip on /x/ now.
>>
>>22197345
They need to protect palo-chan cause wheat law that's all.
>>
File: exlibris_9393.jpg (771 KB, 2278x2640)
771 KB
771 KB JPG
>>22197391
jesus christ what is happening in here lmao
>>
>>22197411
Things.

Thanks for showing up read the thread and see what you can answer.
>>
>>22197183
Breath control isn't exactly meditation, no. You would be better served trying something like zazen, in a better posture.
>>
File: 1549837030465.jpg (132 KB, 750x743)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Is there anything about Christianity in OPs liberry?
>>
>>22197445
Enochian folder.
>>
>>22197445
Most of it is Jewish inspired garbage, so yes.
>>
>>22197558
>God another one that thinks that reading is jewish.

I swear this it's a jewish conspiracy to make whites retarded.
>>
File: front-cover.jpg (431 KB, 1371x2048)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
https://archive.org/details/foundationsofsci00jfcf/page/n7

https://museumofwitchcraftandmagic.co.uk/object/altar-2/
>>
File: ship already.jpg (25 KB, 326x212)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
wHerES mY bOok ScHulKE?
>>
>>22197790
lol
>>
>>22197790
Are the memes about 3HP delivery true?
>>
bump
>>
>>22197674
>Steffi Grant

Yet another criminally underappreciated woman in the history of western occultism
>>
Newbie here

Why is salt so important to magic rituals? Been reading up a lot of occult topics and one common thing (besides candles) used in rituals is salt. Any specific reason for this, esoterically speaking?
>>
Last actual thread was a shambles.
>Ask for non kabbala sorcery
>Get called a nazi for not wanting kabbala
>>
>>22197568
Most of the magick is jewish or western though, which means it is a jewish conspiracy to make whites incompetent at magick
>>
>>22197201
It's like filling your brain with jenkem
>>
Trying to learn how to black mirror scry from the beginning any books in the mega or out there that are good?
>>
Reminder that EA. Koetting and associates are the future of magick.
>>
>>22199075
Basically this was the thread from one point >>22198651
>>
Does anyone have any experiences they'd like to share?
I want to believe, but I have yet to find a tangible personal confirmation of my spiritual perspectives.

I had a partner who could 'see dead people' and met people who could "see people's auras"
I'm sure you understand skepticism is a necessary part of the approach to this sort of thing, simply because without it you're pretty much just accepting that everyone's perception of reality is accurate.
>>
>>22198366
this is literally alchemy 101
actually I just googled "salt occult" and got an answer in an instant
stop being retarded and do your own basic research
>>
>>22198366
I've heard it's a powerful symbol of purity, thus it's used to trap or create barriers against spirits.
But, I'm not certain what the importance of it is, so heed my answer lightly.
>I had to find a way to not say "take this with a grain of salt"
>hah
>>
>>22199353
an anonymous image board aint the place to do it if you aren't an idiot m8
>>
>>22199066
I don't know a book specifically addressing black mirrors. Fr Achad's Crystal Vision Through Crystal Gazing is good on skrying in general, even though he recommends a crystal sphere. The principle is the same.

>>22199353
>I'm sure you understand skepticism is a necessary part of the approach to this sort of thing,

You need to understand that healthy skepticism will not prevent you from practicing and exploring yourself.
>>
What is the occult significance of burning an effigy?
>>
>"He offered a libertine education for the children, allowing them to play all day and witness acts of sex magic.[147] He occasionally travelled to Palermo to visit rent boys and buy supplies, including drugs; his heroin addiction came to dominate his life, and cocaine began to erode his nasal cavity.[148] There was no cleaning rota, and wild dogs and cats wandered throughout the building, which soon became unsanitary.[149] Poupée died in October 1920, and Ninette gave birth to a daughter, Astarte Lulu Panthea"
>They were joined in Tunis by the Thelemite Norman Mudd, who became Crowley's public relations consultant.[161] Employing a local boy, Mohammad ben Brahim, as his servant, Crowley went with him on a retreat to Nefta, where they performed sex magic together.
Is there a reason why these groups are always into pedophilia? I tried asking this before but Sigma just deletes anyone trying to answer to damage control.
>>
File: 125453264.png (21 KB, 503x219)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>22200252
I wonder if it has something to do with oaths
>>
>>22200295
Ah the old Gloryhole Code of Honor
>>
>>22200159
could be used as a metaphorical voodoo doll
>>
>>22200362
Sep.
>>
I am suffering from abstinence
Fix me with your magic
>>
>>22200744
We can't.

Love can't be forced otherwise it's a curse.
>>
Is there a significance in what time you were born? Is it just random or holds any meaning?
>>
>>22200768
What is astrology?
>>
>>22200824
I mean from occult viewpoint
>>
>>22196930
Is there anything on telekinesis or flying?
>>
>>22200826
Same question.
>>
>>22200859
I kinda thought that astrology and occult are two different things.
>>
>>22200880
Nope. And astrology is all about time and harmonics, basically.
>>
>>22200913
>time and harmonics
Interesting.
>>
>>22196930
where do I start from? kinda new to this.
>>
>>22200252
Hurr durr everything is pedophilia
>>
>>22201172
If you want to start reading, there is a beginner's folder in the library.
>>
>>22201225
Is there anything on becoming a mage?
>>
>>22201412
everything is on becoming a mage, just depends on how you want to define that within you
>>
any tips on lucid dreaming?
>>
>>22201447
Keeping a dream journal seems to help.
>>
>>22201193
>having sex with children is not pedophilia
>>
>>22201598
>unspecified age
>>
>>22200091
>healthy skepticism will not prevent you from practicing and exploring yourself.
Can you elaborate on that?
>>
Has anyone here performed the Greater version of the Middle Pillar Excercise? After establishing the five centers, instead of circulating the light straight away, you call down the pentagrammaton into tiphereth six times. Then you project it onto the aura. Afterwards you circulate light between tiphereth and Malkuth four times. Then you do what's called the lesser conjunction: you bring green energy from the earth into the Malkuth center, and white energy from above also to Malkuth. You then circulate that another four times, from deep in the earth, to Malkuth, back to the earth. Finally, you bring green energy from the earth straight up to tiphereth, then bring down white energy into it, and then energy from the pentagrammaton at the aura. These three energies combine in the Greater conjunction. After that you call out both forms of the pentagrammaton in an explosion of your energy that supercharges your aura.

You can find clearer instructions in the book Circles of Power by John Michael Greer
>>
>>22201740
It just won't. Belief doesn't matter so much. Skepticism shouldn't affect results.
>>
>>22201755
What do you do with a supercharged aura?
>>
>>22201412
There's many paths to becoming a mage, but all of them are half theory and half practice. You should first decide which path most calls for you, and when you do, follow it till the end. If, like me, you're into hermetic ritual Magic, the Golden Dawn might be for you. To start on it, check out a book called Modern Magick
>>
>>22201790
You can use it to give more power to etheric workings, but in general it gives you more vitality
>>
>>22201797
How do know?
What's an etheric working?
>>
>>22201735
>a libertine education for the children,
>>
>>22201822
>allowing your children to spend their time playing
what a monster
>and witness acts of sex magic
i guess we should condemn naturists as well. we get it, youre a prude.
>>
>>22201814
Etheric workings are magical workings that operate on the etheric plane, the one between the astral and the physical. I know (if thats what you're asking, not sure) because I've felt that vitality. Thats not the only thing though. The way I understand it, the middle Pillar exercise is like a paving the road for your higher self to bring it's influence down more effectively. Thats why it's central to the GD tradition. It works by awakening the energy centers of the subtle body. This in turn makes the flow of energy less wasteful, thus, you waste less energy and feel more vigorous.
>>
>>22201859
>Etheric workings are magical workings that operate on the etheric plane, the one between the astral and the physical
Sounds theosophical.
>>
>>22201873
Certainly. Theosophy works with this paradigm. The five planes of existence are physical, etheric, astral, mental and spiritualor causal
>>
>>22201859
>Thats why it's central to the GD tradition.
Are you sure?
>>
>>22201893
Just because an obese Russian hack pulled it out of her ass doesn't make it so.
>>
>>22201895
Yeah
>>
>>22201906
Certainly not. It still works, though. People get results.
>>
>>22201755
Greer is a hack
>>
>>22201952
Anyone who isn't a hack?
>>
>>22202012
Franz Bardon, Manly Hall, Alice Bailey, Annie Besant, Steiner.
>>
>>22201913
Ok.

It's not central to the GD tradition. Who told you this?

>>22202035
Hello little troll!
>>
>>22202057
Maybe not central, but it is a basic practice of it, is it not?
>>
>>22202082
Basic practice of what grade?
>>
>>22202035
All of those people pale in comparison to the kybalion, which is the only book any occultist would ever need in order to unlock all of their chakras and ascend.
>>
>>22202119
*yawn*
>>
>>22202129
Heh.
>>
>>22201849
>not knowing what libertine means
>being this retarded
>>
>>22202161
I'll bet any amount of money that Crowley's children were better integrated than you.
>>
>>22202099
From the beginning. It's necessary for the activation of the bodies centers of power
>>
>>22202235
You're saying it's not a practice of any grade of the Golden Dawn.
>>
Performed, and working on an expanded LRP to include averse pentagrams as well as aright. Inspired by Chumbley's work on pentagrams and the quarters, and one gentleman's notes on said work.

All I've really done is include a step to draw averse pentagrams in the quarters, and call Azazel, Samael, Azael, and Mahazael (Agrippa book 2). This is done immediately after acknowledging the archangels.

My goal is to incorporate all powers both ways vertically. To really 'work with both hands'. I think setting up the archangels first 'grounds' us in heaven, ultimately still under the power of the godnames.

As far as I'm aware, the godnames vibrated are what summon the archangels. So I'm at a loss as how to call the infernal representatives. Agrippa includes four 'princes' right below these fellas, being Paimon, Oriens, Egyn, and Amaymon (respective IHVH). But I don't know if Azazel actually answers to Paimon as Raphael to IHVH.
>>
>>22202235
Stop feeding him. You've gotten away from your original point.
>>
>>22202318
>So I'm at a loss as how to call the infernal representatives.

Doesn't matter
>>
>>22202318
>I'm at a loss as how to call the infernal representatives.

Look up their various hypostates and learn their names

Remember the "I know your names, and the names of your names" thing from Chumbley?
>>
>>22202329
>Doesn't matter
Because they'll come regardless?

>>22202338
I think you've only confused him further.

>>22202367
>remember the names of names
No, but I'll go hunting for it. Thanks for the direction.
>>
What applications does the metal bronze have in the occult?
>>
Let's talk about this article:
https://vastabrupt.com/2019/02/11/catastrophic-astrology/
>>
>>22201859
I read a book about shape energy and there was an interesting technique in the appendix. Apparently it’s a method of harvesting etheric energy that flows over the earth. The author said he received the method from a vision of some sort. Apparently he checked the validity of it by having various clairvoyants witness it and describing what they saw. I tried it daily for a week and it was absolutely exhilarating. It felt like I was full of vitality and energy, yet not overstimulated or anxious for a 24 hr period. Is this the same energy you’re referring to? Either way it might be helpful. http://www.free-energy-info.com/Davidson.pdf It’s on page 141.
>>
>>22202657
2004 MN4 was first discovered in the summer of 2004 by a group of astronomers at the Kitt Peak National Observatory in Arizona. Several months after the discovery, NASA’s Sentry and ESA’s NEODyS automated monitoring systems predicted a possible impact of the asteroid with the Earth on April 13, 2029. On December 23, 2004, the computed probability of the 2029 collision increased dramatically, being first estimated at 1 in 300 and, later that day, being raised to 1 in 62. In the days that followed, the probability kept increasing until it reached 2.7%, the highest value ever recorded, with an unprecedented Torino hazard scale rating of 4. As the astronomers had widely anticipated, after further observations and calculations, the impact probability plummeted and the possibility of the 2029 event was excluded; nonetheless, a second coming of Apophis — exactly seven years after the first one, on April 13, 2036 — was still raising concerns, due to the possibility, although unlikely, that the asteroid’s trajectory could be deviated by its passage through a gravitational keyhole, determining a new risk of collision. By 2013, even this small possibility of impact had been ruled out. Friday, the 13th of April, 2029 will still be a night to remember, as a 300 metre wide asteroid crosses the night sky closer than ever recorded, visible even to the naked eye.
>>
>>22202638
Whatever helps you sleep at night after a long day of shitposting.
>>
>>22202664
I think so, yes. But on a bodily scale
>>
>>22202657
Here's a hot take about accelerationism in general: their obsession with acting as a reactionary force for pure chaos undermines their ability to perceive anything complex with clarity, despite the Landian "coldness" they claim to have.

The greatest mistake this article makes is the contrast between Apophis and Apep. At no point did the author ever consider that we as manifest beings are scales on the oureborous, a part of the shake itself that must necessarily be recycled so the snakes unending work of self consumption can be continued

In the end its always something "Outside" that comes and frees us from our misery. In reality most people die from things that happen on the inside. Cancer, disease, old age, alcoholism. Humanity is much more likely to die as a result of our collective delusions and poor choices than a magic rock coming to free us from Earthly existence.

Accelerationism is a powerful reminder that politics and philosophy is largely a collective extention of personal pathology. The ramblings of a group of intelligent, socially isolated people who want so badly to die because they recognize both their own inner incoherence and the horror of existence itself. Not that it is all worthless, but you should take articles like this as an expression of the collective unconscious as opposed to objective statements on cosmological reality.

This website is notable for being very explicitly right wing in its ideology, it's an interesting window into the Anton Long-esque future of apocalyptic fascism
>>
>>22202933
Good take
>>
>>22196930
Does sigilization work, it is as simple as read deconstructed vowels but together in a sentence while meditating?
>>
>>22201792
what folder is it in?
>>
>>22203066
I don't think it's un ape's library. I'll post a link
>>
>>22203066
>>22203080
If you want to learn about Golden Dawn tradition, why not a book like “The Complete Golden Dawn system of Magic”? Or something else that’s actually about the GD, and not just some guy throwing breadcrumbs?
>>
Google Modern Magick PDF. The author is Donald Michael kraig
>>
>>22203093
I think those books work best if you intend to join a lodge. Before that, it's good to get started with the basics, and then when you find a lodge you can join you are already familiarized with the basic stuff. These books have the advantage of telling you exactly what you should be doing to get going
>>
>>22203132
Whatever floats your boat.I think if someone has a halfway decent mind and they aren’t 12, they shouldn’t need that kind of hand holding. There are plenty of materials that are actually ABOUT the GD that aren’t as dense as the black brick. Take the Ciceros’ books, for example, and other Regardie books. It just sounds an awful lot like you have an interest in pushing one book in particular.
>>
>>22203103
O Lawd…

>>22203132
No, not really. They're best worked solo.

>>22203167
Ciceros?
>>
in what ways can metals be used in magic? for example a bronze bracelet

is "charging" an item a real thing?
>>
>>22202698
Whatever helps you sleep at night after a long day of sucking a dead pedophiles dick
>>
>>22200252
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>22203374
And people religiously defend it
>>
>>22203192
He probably means Chic Cicero and Co..
>>
>>22203192
Yes, Chic Cicero and his old lady. In fact after just looking him up to be sure I spelled his name correctly, I think he’s related to me by marriage thru my brother-in-law. I don’t really know that side of the family too well, but I guess it’s time to find out!
>>
>>22203388
I know who he meant. I wondered why they took them seriously.

The Golden Dawn material is pretty freely available. There's no evidence Tabby and Chic have added any more value than Griffin.

As a cohort of working groups, their toxic in every manifestation.
>>
>>22203407
Just stating that if someone is looking to read about GD, they will probably get more out of them than Kraig in terms of GD. I’ve never actually read Cicero, and my only GD knowledge comes from Regardie and to a lesser extent Crowley...however I’ve heard ppl itt recommend the Ciceros.
>>
>>22203410
Don’t let the fact that a sub-retarded IQ shitstain is nothing but a sad troll get in the way of your determination to teach trigonometry to a monkey.
>>
>>22203433
I wouldn't recommend Kraig. He was something of a joke. I think one would have better success mining the GD material directly.
>>
>>22203479
Wrong kid. He had a few who died young. As is the case for smelly 20th century britbongs.
>>
>>22203574
It doesn't add unique posters when someones already posted, autist.
>>
>>22203302
nobody?
>>
>>22203600
Check “The Complete Magician’s Tables” by Stephen Skinner. If it’s not in the Library you can get it online for free by googling it
>>
>>22203579
Your historical ignorance is admirable.
>>
>>22203600
>>22203603
Also the planetary metals are traditionally used in everything from talismans to spirit evocation. Agrippa has more on the, but for example, say you want to summon an angel from the Arbatel: Depending on their corresponding planet, you’re (Ideally) going to cast, etch, or otherwise create their sigil in the appropriate metal for the rite of evocation.
>>
>>22203609
>he doesn't encourage libertine educations for children
>>
>>22203627
>>22203641
>>22203651
It would take a team of forensic psychologists years to untangle whatever the fuck kind of pathology is happening in these recent threads
>>
>>22203661
>characterized by a disregard of morality, especially in sexual matters.
???
>>
>>22203667
>The Devil was a Ballchinian all along
>>
>>22203667
Pretty fucking simple, dude.
>>
File: they see me rollin.jpg (43 KB, 377x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>22203667
I know but I promised to shut the fuck up until the 14
>>
>>22203667
It's simple to understand. A death-spiral of self-reinforcing hate has been summoned by The Cowards That Be (who are every bit as dumb and transparent as they seem; the God-Emperor has no clothes) and 4chan is a nexus of it. Universal love destroys all fascisms.
>>
>>22203781
I just glad these young people could be here to witness this fine example of occult gibberish.
>>
File: 220px-Tlazolteotl_1.jpg (23 KB, 220x238)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>22203576
t. Tlazōlteōtl worshiper.
>>
>>22203849
I'm not an occultist. I've studied science, philosophy, storytelling, and other subjects, but I haven't really gotten into the occult, nor do I think it is necessary to do so (the point of the occult is to find the exit from it.)
>>
>>22203863
Yet you're still here, my poor lost soul. The exit is right there.
>>
>>22203863
>the point of the occult is to find the exit from it

It's crazy how the more intellectuals strain towards the "occult" the further they actually get from it
>>
>>22203871
I've only pop in here occasionally to show others one potential exit strategy. What is your agenda?
>>
File: 9780823217960.jpg (18 KB, 266x400)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>22203882
I've noticed this too. The most concrete is where the deepest mystery lies, and it is quite literally right in front of one's face. Misplacing concreteness is very common.
>>
>>22203886
I don't have an agenda. Ideology is so tiresome.

Enjoy your pop out!
>>
File: Actual_Occasion.jpg (29 KB, 371x239)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>22203904
Someone who claims to not have an agenda is lying to themselves, others, or both.
>>
>>22203901
Maps and territories.

It's sad, but people who get very introspective about their own bodies while on hard drugs at music festivals have a better grasp on the occult than any armchair rider

Not that I haven't been guilty of that exact pitfall
>>
>>22203939
Agreed. Words aren't even required, it's as simple as "being in touch with your feelings." This deeply animal and mammal self-wisdom is the foundation of knowledge.
>>
>>22203939
Interesting take, but something I would agree with.

>>22203904
>>22203914
These guys are both right, both wrong, and both agreeing and disagreeing at the same time! Who knew!?
>>
>>22203975
>>22203939
It's almost like the childlike innocence of exploring your body and the world with fresh eyes is something we dearly need to reconnect with in our society, something that entheogens are very good at and are synchronistically reemerging into our collective conciousness.
>>
File: Omniquery2.jpg (391 KB, 1200x1200)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>22203997
All of this, entheogens can be a powerful tool but I wouldn't say that they are necessary.
You may enjoy this: https://medium.com/@robmarsh_92449/re-wilding-the-soul-psychedelic-ecology-art-magic-and-the-flight-into-the-future-19713b471291
>>
>>22203975
>>22203997
I agree, to an extent, but even the body can be an intense source of delusion, and "healing" can be a dragon one can chase basically forever. For me I think the real trick is to never stop advancing no matter how good it feels

In the same way that the difference between medicine and poison is largely a matter of dosage, "balance" is a very mutable thing, and what heals can throw us off the path if we aren't careful.
>>
>>22197025
meditation ALWAYS helps.
>>
>>22196979
If anyone is for a strictly reason-based Magick, I advise reading Immanuel Kants critiques + his Opus Postumum and build your model upon it. Interestingly, it easily intersects with many hermetic models. But the Kantianism removes the mysticism and leaves scientism intact.

In fact, Kant actually even apriorically proved that an ether has to exist. Even modern science couldn't debate that. It's interesting though, nobody ever noticed that. We actually have it all. Someone just needs to find the info and put it together.
>>
>>22204117
>For me I think the real trick is to never stop advancing no matter how good it feels
Yes, this is what it means to be an evolutionary organism, from our genes to our memes to our dreams. In additional to the emotional compass of the territory of experience there is also an epistemic one, and that compass is a question mark - answers are provisional maps. It's just self-awareness - and from self-awareness comes situational awareness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEI-NCTsiPE&
>We evolve beyond the person we were a minute before. We advance a little further with each turn... Mark my words. this drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow.
>>
>>22204213
Thelemites write about Kant a lot:

https://iao131.com/tag/kant/
>>
>>22204245
Y... Yes

I think I agree
>>
>>22204256
Very interesting. Thank you.
Did anyone ever consider to look into Kant's Ether theory (he never described it in his main works, only in his unfinished works in his Opus Postumum) ? He made very well points, that actually prove that an ether a priori has to exist. Of course, not empirically (which would also not be possible, since it would defy the premise of the ether; It's important to differentiate the Kantian ether from any ether science has made so far). One basic reasoning is the way how all natural laws apply every where, in any time. Kant claims that matter itself is ether and that primary ether is 'invisible' to the naked eye, whereas the secondary ether, is the more coarsed, swirled ether, what we can perceive with our biological senses.

I might elaborate it here more in detail sooner or later.
>>
>>22204290
>For Whitehead denies that events in themselves are ever merely "loose and separate," or that the world can be reduced to "local matters of particular fact." In the actual world, he says, "there is nothing which ‘simply happens’" (S 38). There are no isolated data, because in every act of experience "the datum includes its own interconnections" already (PR 113). In order to explain how this works, Whitehead distinguishes between two separate modes of perceptive experience: presentational immediacy and causal efficacy. These two modes, together with the ways that they are fused in symbolic reference, form the main subject of Symbolism. The distinction between these two modes is further elaborated in Process and Reality.
http://www.shaviro.com/Blog/?p=1274
>>
>>22204305
Iirc Kants take on Ether was more phenomenological than cosmological, somewhat anticipating the goofier takes on Quantum wave collapse by suggesting the necessity of an observer for the existence of a transcendent subject. It's been a while since I really messed with Kant though

>>22204319
I agree with Whitehead and I would further state that this is something you can directly experience by getting really good at divination and then opening that mode of perception beyond the singular form of say, tarot cards

It will likely also place you at the knife edge of insanity of you cling to your normative perceptions
>>
>>22204340
>I agree with Whitehead and I would further state that this is something you can directly experience by getting really good at divination and then opening that mode of perception beyond the singular form of say, tarot cards
Causal efficacy and presentational immediacy are reference frames of change-perception with either being or becoming the fixed point of reference.
Presentational immediacy is famously cultivated with mindfulness practice, and in this mode a singular omnipresent moment is the fixed point of reference, with instantaneous change in this ever-present experienced. Past and future are not experienced, but instead continuous flux - becoming.
In the mode of causal efficacy time is the fixed point of refrerence, with cumulative change over time experienced.
In calculus, the mathematical study of change this relationship is between that of integration and differentiation as being inverse operations of the same process - correlates.
In physical relativity this correlation is spacetime.
In metaphysics, phenomenology, mathematics, and physics the same fundamental relationship is expressed.
The all-encompassing territory is that of the relational or "betweeness" of things, but this betweeness is not immanent to substance to rather it is the immanent substance, immanent to itself (Deleuze's plane of immanence.) This principle can be described in mathematics as well: http://nrl.northumbria.ac.uk/2976/1/Heather_Process%20Categories.pdf
>Category theory is not retricted by the constraints of set membership. It therefore avoids the problems of independence and atomicity of elements. It avoids too the undecidability of Gödel as well as Russell‟s paradox. It therefore has the the property of recursion to be found in the real world.
>>
File: 3w57wsm8ivf21.jpg (341 KB, 1348x1348)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>22204392
To return to the "embodiment" question, this whirlwind of thought suggests a useful map, but how would you say you embody it in terms of praxis?
>>22204486
>The singularitarians were so busy looking at the product of technology (with technology defined as human action) that they missed the process.
>The future is brighter than any of us can possibly imagine.

And yet this thread is a flat circle, bringing us back to a different flavor of accelerationism. I find myself automatically suspicious of any suggestion that the future will hold any form of catharsis or transcendence
>>
>>22198366
Because salt is a preservative.
>>
>>22204770
Yeah I get it.

Everyone thinks they can cause that jerk though

Crowley, Parsons, the fucking Dalai Lama, really anyone who is interested in causing cataclysmic change to human society. In the end they usually end up destroying themselves, and perhaps they cause some kind of change but once you start really trying to Immenatize the escaton, causality becomes very muddy

In the end the perspective of the individual fades and in the view of the "Grand Subject" (the universe experiencing itself, for the lack of a better term) I think the corn kernel in the microwave knows its going to pop, and the fire knows when and how it wants to burn

>trans furry cat girl gang

Good to see that transhumanism and G/acc is proceeding apace
>>
>>22204824
This has the very classic flavor of what happens when someone who is well read realizes that Heaven is just outside the gates of perception and if only you could just bring it here everything would be so great

I actually quite like a lot of your thoughts but I would caution you not to fall into the trap of utopianism, the greatest salesman for your perspective and philosophy is your own essential experience and being, not just what you are capable of articulating but what you are capable of embodying.

>becoming animal as praxis

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
>>
>>22204878
>The more things change, the more they stay the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo1k306BLZA
>>
>>22198771
goetia is greek, not jewish. jewish things were added later by europeans
>>
>>22205031
Kek ur a retard
>>
>>22204134
Properly done, yeah.

>>22204624
>I find myself automatically suspicious of any suggestion that the future will hold any form of catharsis or transcendence

Mass extinction is pretty cathartic. That certainly seems to be where we're headed.
>>
>>22204770
>trans furry catgirls
no more malevolent and mentally ill please
>>
>>22205965
Without a professional guide on-hand.
>>
>>22205972
but how can it go wrong? what happens while meditating?
>>
>>22206023
A mind that is already pathologically troubled can wander into problematic areas, and thus trigger a psychotic episode.
>>
>>22206043
isnt the whole idea of meditation not to think of anything?
>>
>>22206048
Not really
>>
>>22206048
Meditation is the fixation of the mind on something.
>>
>>22206048
That is void meditation.
>>22206094
That is also another style of meditation.

There is a third style where you go wherever your mind takes you.
>>
>>22206179
Yeah, we get people in these threads who actually believe that. It's 4chan, and it's crawling with idiots and bad actors.
>>
>>22206179
>There is a third style where you go wherever your mind takes you.
What's the technique?
>>
>>22206196
It's called, not meditating, and just letting your mind wander. Best done lying down, with music.
>>
>>22206196
1. sit
2. wait for a thought to come
3. try not to judge it or interrupt it
4. watch it go away
5. go to 2

3 is kinda hard when something fucked up comes up, particularly so if it's accompanied with visuals.
>>
>>22206196
>>22206218
ah there's an added step to spice things up:

watch who/what is watching
>>
>>22204340
>Kants take on Ether was more phenomenological than cosmological

Hello.
Close, but not quite. I want to elaborate on this. (too long post >.<)

Now also, as is well known, natural science has already assumed a world ether that fills space, but Kant's ether as primeval matter differs enormously from it. Kant's explanation of the existence of ether is based on the uniform validity of natural law in everything, even the most remote spaces of our world.

Natural sciences, on the other hand, required this substance only to explain certain individual phenomena, e.g. the propagation of light through seemingly empty spaces, an explanation that can be contested at any time as a mere hypothesis and has since been contested.
>>
>>22206240
But also the term science used to describe this ether has turned out accordingly. This kind of ether contradicted facts of experience and laws of nature. One thought of the ether - just like Kant - as a fine material penetrating all spaces, hence all bodies, but one also thought of it ONLY as a material "connecting" the remote bodies of the world, a material that filled the gaps in space, in short as a gap filler. By the way, one thought it to be a hidden substance, which is quite similar to materia of recognizable bodies, and from that however unbelievable contradictions must come up (e.g. with movement’s science). This wrongly, not-Kantian scientific ether is physically untenable.

To briefly describe the huge difference (which, by the way, nobody has noticed so far), I say:

Natural science gives the ether only a dynamic meaning, coordinated by all bodies of the world; it makes it, as already noted, merely a binding material, which dynamically, i.e. in view of its force effects, merely interacts with other bodies, is a mere causal coefficient, a mere contributory cause.

Kant, on the other hand, who also ascribed the powerful name of the primordial matter to his ether, makes it one of the dynamically superior causes of the entire recognizable body world, so that even the structure, the structure of the bodies is caused by the ether, and that the structure of the bodies, as well as all their movements, are based on the vibrations, pulsations, tremors, waves, oscillations of this primordial matter. Even more: According to Kant, the bodies, their movements, their changes are only modes, only the phenomena of the bubbling of the ethereal mass that are perceptible to us. And this is a kind of ether, which can not contradict any fact of experience, but is to see a priori as necessary.
>>
>>22206222
>watch who/what is watching
that seems too strange
>>
>>22206255
Pretty basic Buddhist technique. Rinzai are quite fond of it.
>>
>>22206240
>>22206245

Philosophy is when you think about something so much you no longer understand it.
>>
>>22206263
Didnt Jung said something about this technique?
>>
>>22197183
It kind of is but kind of isn't. Instead of controlling your breath just "watch it" by paying attention to a body part that is affected by the air coming in and out like the belly, chest, nostrils etc.
When you notice you are not paying attention to the breath try not think "huh i gotta go back" or panic, just go back to the breath and let whatever thought/image/sound that carried you dissolve in the background.

You could do the technique you described before actually meditating to ease you into it.

>>22206255
In a way it is strange. I would say it is borderline schizophrenic actually, but while meditation you might feel like that there is more than just your body and the stream of thoughts passing by. Something you feel like is there but you can't really tell what it is or what shape it has or where it is located, it just is.

It comes naturally.
>>
>>22206272
Perhaps.

>>22206275
>borderline schizophrenic actually,

Nope. Words have meaning.
>>
>>22204340
>>22206245
>>22206240
Of course, this is not proof from Kant of the existence of a God. That is not the point here either. Kant's proof here refers to ether as something a priori, i.e. empirically neither provable nor refutable, but must be seen as necessary, if one wants to explain why e.g. all laws of nature within whole space are equal and do not simply stop working somewhere. It's similar to Kant's argumentation, in which he shows that we a priori preserve a concept of space and time and carry it around with us like, for example, a glow-worm that emits a light of which it might think it is the world that is illuminated, although it is this glow-worm itself that generates this light. In a similar way it works with Space and Time as concepts.

They do not exist independent from the Noumenon (the I, the ego), even though Einstein's relativity theory assumes otherwise (there was an interesting dispute on that between Einstein and many Kantians back in the 19th century. Interestingly, Einstein never could really bring up a proof to contradict Kant's proof, only empiricism helped him here (but what if this empirical data was misinterpreted? Oh boy). But Kant himself stated long ago already that we shouldn't rely on empiricism alone, but on a concept which combines aprioricism and empiricism, aka Kants concept of uniting rationalism and empiricism) Intersting now though, that you bring up Quantum theory, because Quantum theory actually seems to suggest that Kant was most likely right all along.

Now, if a God is necessary (aka a priori) is a whole different question, since it's also not clear what exactly this "God" is? Is it a being? Is it a thing? Or is it identical to the ether? Nobody knows for sure. Kant only approached this problem more by a moral point of view by looking on the moral aspect of a God, as an authoritarian in which Kant saw a more mystical interpretation of the categorical imperative.
>>
>>22206310
*20th century
Sorry.
>>
>>22206310
>They do not exist independent from the Noumenon (the I, the ego)
Maybe I was a little too careless with that statement. Of course, I am not claiming that there is no possibility of an objective space and an objective time. Nor do I negate all objectivity. The only problem is that objectivity has to be something that we can really look at absolutely independently of ourselves. This would be difficult with an "objective space" and "objective time", especially since (as already mentioned) we can interpret relations of objects to eachother that bend, for example, also as a property of bodies and not as a curvature of a space-time. But what we know for sure, and this is a priori and apodictically certain, is that the concepts of space and time that we carry around with us are subjective in nature. And this is what actually favors many occult concepts, including the popular concept of that we live only in the present, in the "NOW", which would be close to an objective idea of time and space (although not entirely correct, since we are still bound to the subjective nature of Time and Space concepts).
>>
File: s.png (21 KB, 660x374)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>22206289
I say it is borderline schizophrenic because while meditating or actively thinking about something one will notice a clear separation between the thing that sits and the thing that experiences the sitting. Schizophrenics swing between the two things and as time go by they start spending more time as the thing that experiences the things instead of the thing that sits, which leads to hallucinations, poor speech, poor thinking and other shit (this is why it is also known as "premature dementia").

My mother has been suffering from it for at least as long as I exist. She is (or was when she was young) a kardecist spiritualist and according to a story I heard as a kid, she had some "gift" but did not honor or develop it properly so she started suffering from this (I do not think this was punishment, just a natural consequence). I still have some images of my grandma taking me to visit her at the psych yard.
>>
>>22206354
>I still have some images of my grandma taking me to visit her at the psych yard.
*burned in my memories
>>
>>22206341 >>22206312 >>22206310 >>22206245 >>22206240

In case somebody is confused (losing common thread), I didn't talk to someone else here (only to Shaula). Don't want to namefag.
>>
File: 21909089.jpg (59 KB, 800x538)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
I posted this in the last thread but didn't get much in the way of a response, so I'll ask again

I've always been really attracted to the whole TradCrafte thing but desu I don't have much cultural affinity with faeries, Pwcca, Jack-in-the-Green and whatnot, what with being a burger and all that.
However, I find American folk magic really fascinating, bit I've been having a hard time finding sources on it.

Does anyone here have pdfs of Vance Randolph's "Ozark Magic and Folklore", or Patrick Gainer's "Witches, Ghosts, and Signs: Folklore Of The Southern Appalachians", or anything else related to rural American folk magic and witchcraft folklore?
>>
>>22205081
>Texts are shit
>Discussion isn't even cantrip-worthy
>Fucking Eris crops up
Of course. What the fuck was I expecting? This place is shit.
>>
File: pai_mei_5499.jpg (18 KB, 350x250)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>22207781
Assuming you are the same Anon as >>22207511 it is obvious that I am enlightened by universal love and that you and my other haters are blinded by the narrowness of hate. I gave an opportunity for you to transcend this narrowness and contribute to this discussion, and you rejected it. Why is that? What is your problem? This is not for me to know, these questions are for you to ask yourself. Once again you have defeated yourself, but if you realize this your defeat becomes a victory and you will have gained more than anyone.

>In the painting, why is Lao-tse smiling? After all, that vinegar that represents life must certainly have an unpleasant taste, as the expressions on the faces of the other two men indicate. But, through working in harmony with life's circumstances, Taoist understanding changes what others may perceive as negative into something positive. From the Taoist point of view, sourness and bitterness come from the interfering and unappreciative mind. Life itself, when understood and utilized for what it is, is sweet. That is the message of The Vinegar Tasters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McHvqjI17rA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K_aHCJbxN0&feature=youtu.be
>>
It's just the latest mode of shitposting. The shiteating and cumeating posts got deleted, so shift in tactics.
>>
>>22207788
Lmao @ ur HDD
>>
I feel like I've been betrayed by the closest person I had, /omg/. I want nothing more than to solicit powers as far as I'm capable as a magician and hurt the people that hurt me. I won't. But damn do I want to. I'm sorry for blogposting. For the power I could use but won't, I just feel powerless.

IAO, Panta Rhei.
>>
File: Phoenix.jpg (105 KB, 736x553)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Salvation by love alone, love in itself, mediated by nothing other than itself! Immanent love-of-life, and all-embracing of one's experience and self. That's the purest magic, no mediating factor or middle-men needed. Love is magic because it can be created merely by acting as if it exists, an all-giving that doesn't seek to control in any way. It is beyond words, beyond description, experience of life in its fullness as pure poetry. How can one even begin to encapsulate such a thing? It is impossible, one can only point towards it, but that starts with the acknowledgement that such a complete fullness of universal love is possible - such a thesis demands a quest for universal love for one's self, on one's own terms.
It is with tears of both sorrow and hope that I wish that everyone in this thread and the world finds the wholeness of love that I know is possible from experiencing it. Every life is infinitely priceless, you are all gems, even the most hateful are worthy of love. This truly universal and all-embracing love is destined to change the world, it has changed me in ways I never thought possible, as I was blind to it before - I followed the fragments of such love expressed by many thousands until I found it in myself, for myself. Seek inner love and you will set yourself on the path to finding it!
>>
>>22207161
>Vance Randolph
Check archive.org, bruh. His works are available there. Sometimes you'll have to sign-up for the waitlist since some of the books are still on loan.
>>
>>22207161
Weird. Did not survive the Holocaust.

Check out Lucky Mojo. Cat is an expert in hoodoo, root work, all that sort of shit.
>>
File: Integral.jpg (55 KB, 897x897)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Toward an Analytical Understanding of Unconditional Love: http://multiverseaccordingtoben.blogspot.com/2018/10/toward-analytical-understanding-of.html
Why the Good Guys Will Generally Win: http://multiverseaccordingtoben.blogspot.com/2016/06/why-good-guys-will-generally-win.html
Yuk Hui's famous essay on Cosmotechnics as Cosmopolitics: https://www.e-flux.com/journal/86/161887/cosmotechnics-as-cosmopolitics/
Space Taoism 101: https://old.reddit.com/r/Tao_of_Calculus/comments/9rpnrl/space_taoism_101/
>>
>>22211563
Fuck off aminom.
>>
>>22211720
I'm surprised that Omniquery /Eris_Lightbrush/Aminom/he who has many names to evade bans, and filtering is back. I thought with how much he spammed the /omg/ threads that person would be banned for much longer.
>>
So, tulpas. The intentional splitting of already fractured and dead minds, or the beginnings of evocation?
>>
>>22212142
Depends on the situation, really. Some people get by with the psychological and (at least never knowingly) don't evoke spirits to live in their mind's eye, and there is the mystical model, and everything in between.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHCNrOSKZtA

Fucking low weights.
>>
>>22212236
What da fuck did I just read?
>>
>wanna learn magick
>summon this demon
>then this demon
>and then this other demon
>and ask them to do it
>it's like santa clause try it

So where's the magick? This is just prayer
>>
>>22212303
No, it isn't prayer.

I define magick as the art and science of causing change to occur in conformity with will. How do you define it?
>>
>>22212303
>magic is just summoning demons
what a retard
>>
>>22196930
Hey /omg/. I want to get into chaos magick. I read liber null & psychonaut, but well... It's shit, mostly. A lot of incoherent and inconsitent ramblings of Peter J. Carroll. Some claim that Phil Hine Chaos condensed is actually better. Can you recomend me other writning on the subject?
>>
>>22212711
What, actually, is shit?
The emphasis on Augoeides? Not shit.
Easing you into the basics of a monastic program not entirely dissimilar in concept to more advanced 'retreats'? Not shit.
Indictment of a lot of the Golden Dawn era hangovers? Not shit.
The color scheme? Probably shit but at least it's a categorization system beyond HURRRR WHITE GOOD BLACK BAD.

Carroll doesn't spin out until Liber Kaos which still has redeemable parts. Often I find that the problem in Chaos isn't what's written but how the student interprets it. Hine is good, but if you follow his writings far enough it leads you out of Chaos.
>>
>>22197558
Actually most of it is Greek or Egyptian with Hebrew plastered all over it.
>>
>>22212739
Well, I agree that Carroll shines here and there, but the shit parts that annoy me to no end, mostly his unfounded claims, like on levitation, succubi being male, and other asspulls. He also changes his definitions from one chapter to another. I find him strangley dogmatic, he shits on one tradition claiming other is the one true path despite opening statemant being "nothing is real, everything is allowed".
I already ordered Liber Kaos, I hope it'll get somewhat better
>>
File: 1544113258804.jpg (24 KB, 767x728)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
I'm looking to get started dabbling in magic. Mostly just want to focus on initiation for now.

Any specific recommendations?
>>
>>22212829
>>22212852
>>22212859
the absolute state of this thread
>>
>>22213055
Anyone intelligent should be able to separate the chaff from the wheat.
>>
>>22212739
It's fairly shitty. With just a little effort, you could invest in something substantial.

>>22212829
How much have you studied?
>>
>>22213055
>I wouldn't be surprised if the people who spend most of the time on these threads actually have genuinely bad intentions about shutting down occult discussions
If by occult discussion you mean talking about the kybalion and other retarded shit, then yeah, it's going to get shut down, as it should. If you're offended that occultists dislike pseudo-occultism, you can go to /fringe/ or >>>/out/
>>22213059
Antisemitism from uneducated, seething /pol/tards is off-topic. You'd have to actually know something about the topic in order to talk about it in a way that isn't just "kabbalah is kike shit and everything that jews have touched is haram because jews are satanic reptiles from the hollow moon".
>>22213077
This place is a steaming pile of horseshit and has probably gotten more reports than the rest of the regular threads on this board, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone keeps a closer eye on things, or if they check back more often. Or maybe your posts are just such garbage that they get reported in a minute.
>>
>>22213206
what is the difference between real occult and pseudo-occult dad?
>>
http://pastelegram.org/e/126
>>
>>22213184
Mostly just introductory material in esoteric symbolism.
>>
>>22213080
I don't know much about him (Chris Langan), but he himself admitted that the universe has to be both physical and mental in nature, whereas mental is the Noumena I speak of. They do not fall into the knowledge horizon of the physical plane, as they're not directly expressing themselves physically, which would only work, if the original mental expression bounds itself to the physical laws. For a physical thing to exist, it must follow the physical laws; If this thing does not exist physically, it's possible that it might exist on the astral plane or the mental plane, which also follows natural laws.
>>
Is it possible to be a Thelemite and yet never ever deal with evocation/invocation/channeling or more generally relying on interactions with other entities or is that required?

Is it possible/allowed for a schizophrenic or someone who suffers with hallucinations to be a Thelemite?
>>
>>22213324
There are a ton of "lay" Thelemites who aren't even occultists

All you really have to do to be one is accept the Law
>>
>>22213236
Zazen is nice. For most people, it's a low-impact meditation regimen. Once you reach some proficiency there, you might start with some basic magical exercise.

One entry point:

https://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib6

If you want to keep reading, there's a beginner's folder in the library.
>>
>>22213331
But how is one going to accept something they don't know about? I'm sure they can't grasp what the law is without practice.
>>
>>22213342
If you're sure, then why ask here? What's your agenda?
>>
>>22213348
I'm not sure of anything. I just read random Crowley texts in no particular order and larp as someone who understands it until someone more knowledgeable puts me in my place.

I asked because I was reading some parts of Liber ABA about meditation earlier.
>>
>>22213342
The Law is actually very simple

>>22213358
Dealing with your mental illness is certainly an important step, Crowley suggested that even healthy people should see psychologists
>>
>>22213358
You said explicitly that you were sure.
>>
>>22213376
Woah it's almost as if people aren't always absolutely literal during casual conversation.
>>
>>22213385
>i was only retarding to be pretended
>>
>>22213394
I'm not him. You're really gonna bust a schitzo's balls about semantics? We may be talking about the Law, but we're not lawyers.
>>
>>22213409
Welcome to OMG, home to grammatical and literal Nazis.
>>
>>22213385
There's a place you can start: being aware of what you say.
>>
>>22213409
His sincerity is already in doubt.
>>
>>22213372
>>22213376
My bad. I wasn't really sure, I meant to say that it "couldn't be easy".

Just to be clear, I mean grasp as in "you put your finger in the wall socket and learned it was not a good thing to do" not as in "mom told me putting my finger in the wall socket is not a good to do".

>Dealing with your mental illness is certainly an important step, Crowley suggested that even healthy people should see psychologists

The illnesses I know I have are anxiety and depression. My family has a history of mental illnesses so I have no idea what could be lurking in the back of my brain.

I did therapy for 6 years (til july 2017) and I cannot say that it has helped me move on in life, but it did teach me how to deal with a lot of things.
>>
>>22213334
Cool, thanks anon
>>
>>22213358
>larp as someone who understands it until someone more knowledgeable puts me in my place.
yikes
>>
File: southernpinealgland.jpg (225 KB, 1280x720)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
Pineal decalcification is an important part of psycho-spiritual health, but don't neglect your "southern pineal gland" of your prostate if you are male. While not completely necessary, it is extremely valuable for those who experience pent-up frustration and anger due to blockages of energy-flows in this area.
>>
>>22213555
Without being an ass, but this Pineal calcification myth (especially by fluoride in toothpaste or water) has been long debunked already. The cause of real pineal calcification (statistically more found in people with Alzheimer) is actually something different.

So, in short: Your spiritual path is not being blocked in any way by toothpaste.
>>
>>22213555
>>22213569
are u sure? i read different stories. could anyone give me legitimate redpills on pineal calcification, best would be with scientific studies or anything?
>>
>>22213555
>>22213569
It's just so much a myth as it is just utterly unrelated. The gland calcifies as you age. Called "brain sand". The deposits seem to appear at the same rates even in nations without fluoridated water.
>>
>>22213579
Go start a thread about it. You'll get tons of people confirming your bias.
>>
>>22213579
http://epubs.surrey.ac.uk/895/1/fulltext.pdf
>>
As a casual lurker.
This thread has been weird since like August
>>
>>22213729
Pretty much.
>>
>>22213733
What the heck happened?
>>
>>22213729
>>22213733
>>22213738
What do you mean?
>>
>>22213738
An autistic crusade
>>
File: IMG_20190128_203239838.jpg (1.17 MB, 2448x3264)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
Dunno if this is the right thread for this kinda thing, but I'm trying to identify this amulet that turned up outside my place. Not sure where to look to identify the symbols, but they seem to heavily point towards mars.
>>
>>22213866
I believe that’s one of the seals of Solomon from the Goetia, perhaps another part of the Lesser Key but I seem to remember it from the Goetia specifically.
>>
>>22213877
Thanks, that's something at least. What would you recommend for further research on the symbols involved?
>>
>>22199384
>>22204665
based
>>22199382
cringe
>>
>>22214122
The only ones I recognize are Mars, Saturn, and Pisces. Not sure what the rest are, how they were derived/what they were derived from, or even if anyone *does* know. This is a slow thread, so if you give it some time you might get some more answers. I must say though, the fact that you didn’t spend time finding out at least that it’s Solomonic will seem an indicator to many knowledgable folks in this thread that you aren’t interested enough to do preliminary research and, therefore, perhaps not serious about your desire for dialogue beyond
>”Feed Me!”
Not saying that’s true, or even that it’s how I feel, but as someone who has been coming to this thread regularly for some time I feel obligated to inform you that this may be the case.

Also now that I’ve mentioned the Lesser Key and specifically the Goetia I should think that would be a reasonable place to start.
>>
>>22214214
I genuinely appreciate the information, as I am not a regular on /x/, and my skills at identifying even fairly common mystical symbols is very limited. I figured either it's a common enough thing to get me memed at enough to find out what I have, or possibly someone has seen one before.
Now that I have a direction to search in, I'll see what I can figure out. If it helps, the amulet looks handmade and is a fairly soft white metal, possibly aluminum or a pewter.
>>
>>22214587
I have found a reference image, you were right about the Goetia. Trying to track down more info on it's actual purpose/meaning.
>>
>>22214744
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Goetia_seal_of_solomon.svg
Well i found it, apparently just a late rendition if the seal of Solomon, using a bunch of alchemical and astrological signs. Disappointing, but conclusive.
>>
>>22214744
>>22215017
Secret Seal of Salomon.
by which he bound and sealed up the aforsaid spirits with their legions in [into] a Brazen Vesel &c.

This secreet seal is to be made by one that is cleane both Inward and outward, and hath not defiled himself by any woman in the space of a Month; but hath with fasting and prayers to God desired pardon of all his sins, &c: Itt is to be made on a Tuesday or Saturday night at 12 [2] of the Clock, written with the Blood of a Black Cock which never trode hen, on virgins parchment, Note, on those nights the moon must be encreasing in Virgo, when it [is] so made, fume it with Allum, Raisins of the Sun, dates, Cedar & lignum Aloes, by this seal Salomon compelled the aforesaide spirits into a Brass vessel, and sealed it up with the same, he by it gained the love of all Manner of persons, and overcame in Battle, for neither weapon fire nor water could hurt him.

http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/goetia.htm
>>
>>22196930
I unronically want a ritual that will make me a hot girl with a penis. Who should I invoke?
>>
*bump*
>>
>>22215061
Hormone therapy, but remember to have a penis in the first place or it own't work.
>>
>>22212829
Initiation into Hermetics.

Ignore the butthurt and dissent. These people haven't even read the book.
>>
>>22216100
Hello little troll!

Bardon is a joke, but the trolls love him. They think leading people down dead ends is fucking hilarious.

They also love Matt Lawrence, the Kybalion, and picking their nose and eating it.
>>
>>22196930
>>22213206
>>22216140

hey /omg/, what is the difference between real occult and pseudo-occult?
>>
>>22216271
how is he pseud? what makes him pseud? i am curious. how do i know which stuff is the fake stuff and which is the legit stuff? is chaos magick pseud? how about discordianism?
>>
It's V-day, any spells so we robots can be cursed with an attractive, clingy, possessive GF?
>>
>>22216276
>how do i know which stuff is the fake stuff and which is the legit stuff?
If it primarily talks about methods for real world results, it's real. If it's literally nothing but WMT butchered version of Kabbalah and obviously LARPy rituals, then it's a waste of your time and passion.
>>
>>22216286
do you go into anything occult yourself anon?

>>22216292
i see ty. so it is practical results based stuff? what do you think about different metaphysical explanations for these things?

also is austin osman spare a pseud? he seems to have some practical stuff
>>
>>22216276
>discordianism

Not occult.

>>22216292
Pretty much.

>>22216297
>also is austin osman spare a pseud?

Nope.
>>
i wanna use these for an infernal curse
>>
>>22216297
>do you go into anything occult yourself anon?
I have studied the development of Western mysticism pretty heavily from Antiquity and through the Renaissance and Enlightenment. I think we've incorporated a lot more fiction than fact seeking as centuries went on. Because of the people who've demolished any legacy to great historical thinkers I'd rather not be associated to the label, but I do have quite some historical books in the subject.
>>
>>22216334
Pretty fucking neat.

>>22216347
>Because of the people who've demolished any legacy to great historical thinkers I'd rather not be associated to the label,

Funny shit.
>>
What do you think of this? Do you approve?
>>
>>22216368
>Funny shit.
It kind of sucks because from Pythagoras and Plato to Kepler Copernicus and Galileo to Isaac Newton there is a long intellectual tradition underlying what we've come to call the occult sciences that in the last century has become demeaned by the worst kinds of people.
>>22216401
I have all of these books in my digital library so not bad
>>
>>22216441
The question is what can you do, what can you reify, and how will it lead to your eventual annihilation?
>>
>>22216495
Any knowledge hold above other will be undermined from below.

If you don't take both extremes into account you will never find truth.
>>
>>22216505
Although you may not realize it, you are non-dual. The nexus is calling to you via vibrations. Can you hear it? If you have never experienced this oasis of unfathomable proportions, it can be difficult to vibrate.
>>
>>22216517
>takes LSD once
>>
ITT a bunch of faggots
>>
>>22216588
Ha!

Now that's funny!

>>22216590
Welcome home!
>>
Is Grant worth reading in a draconian context? What about in a thelemic context?
>>
>>22216441
i see anon. with your own understanding of what is fake or what is not fake, how would you explain demons? apparent experiences with them too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9CwXPFHbQ4Zl5n51OTL70g

this guy tells experiences of him being able to see demons, and stories where he has these beings telling him that he was cursed by someone else

not sure how bullshit that is
>>
>>22216765
His comics are good enough, his take on magic it's confusing but consistent.
>>
>>22216771
kenneth grant drew comics?
>>
>>22216771
Did you mean Morrison? I'm talking Kenneth.
>>
>>22216309
>discordianism
>Not occult.
Discordianism is applied process-relational philosophy as an experimental art-as-religion with its self-awareness of its own constructed nature as part of its philosophy. As such it's a truly constructive postmodernist system of self-creativity i.e. "magic." The process-relational perspective is ancient, but has been advanced in recent times by philosophers such as Alfred North Whitehead, Deleuze, Mark Fisher / the CCRU and even Nick Land (though since his re-emergence he has become a charlatain and used way too many drugs.) On the more eclectic and speculative side are visionaries such as R.A.W., Alan Watts, Herman Hesse, and many others. From certain perspectives such as Taoism inquiry into the natural sciences and mathematics are themselves invesigations into the mystical nature of the universe.
The problem with Western "occultism" in the present is gate-keepers who insist that occultism/magic as endlessly interpreting and re-interpreting the same dusty old tomes without respecting the evolutionary and continually changing nature of all knowledge and wisdom. Its a narrowness of vision where gatekeepers insist on their Official Canon as being The True Occult.™
Narrowness and flatness are self-nerfing, unless you address the connectionist nature of modern social reality and the necessity for holistic broadening of perspectives you're dooming your own perspective and paths to continual irrelevance.
>>
>>22217286
>word salad by postmodern new age discordian shit-eating twat trying to pretend like discordianism is occult when it in fact is no such thing
>>
what's the difference between the spirit and the soul?
>>
>>22217357
You have to do spirit cooking in order to make soul food.
>>
>>22217362
so one is the raw material and the other is the resulting product of applied knowledge through training?
>>
>>22217412
It's a troll
>>
>>22217286
Have you considered that you yourself are being reactionary by not considering that there is in fact an objective hierarchy of Knowledge which is best protected from the public because of the dangers involved?
>>
>>22217441
Discordians aren't self-aware. There has never been a discordian that passed the mirror test.
>>
>>22217462
>muh intellectual property

Oh no all the greedy fucks who stole the intellectual property of their dead relatives and friends won't get extra pennies on their welfare checks

Fucking retard
>>
File: twogreattastes.jpg (92 KB, 660x499)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>22204624
>To return to the "embodiment" question, this whirlwind of thought suggests a useful map, but how would you say you embody it in terms of praxis?
The being-self is the provisional and ever-developing holistic answer to the question "who am I?" which is the sense of "I am," the story of the self which doesn't just include the past and present but also the future as goals and desires. The becoming-self is a question questioning itself, which is incomplete in nature and absential in the way that Terrence Deacon uses the concept (The paradoxical intrinsic property of existing with respect to something missing, separate, and possibly nonexistent.) The dialectic between the being-self and becoming-self is as simple as questions are to answers, with the result of this dialectic being its expression as praxis / action. These concepts are very much related to that of Ātman and anātman, and their non-dual synthesis is of parts of the evolutionary process of conscious experience (and more generally aconscious prehension in the Whiteheadean sense of "an interaction of a subject with an event or entity which involves perception but not necessarily cognition.") Pic related, two great tastes that go dreat together.

This evolutionary process is question (the generation of possibilities from lines of inquiry) -> choice (selection from possibilities according to criterion that satisfy the original question) -> action. As we can question our questions, choices, and actions in turn, this process self-modifies using its own elements, forming a strange loop of conscious self-creativity that is grounded in objectively existing past fact but not bound deterministically to mechanistic causation. By placing choice as primary in the process of self-creativity much of Western thought is psychologically and metaphysically creationist, with the consequences of this error manifesting on all levels from the individual to the social and global.
>>
>>22217357
A man I respect once told me that the spirit is what moves. It took me some time to get what get what he meant.

The spirit is the pure, concentrated force of life. It is a spark of light chugging power into your being and the world.

The soul is like a receptacle for that power. It traps the light into an arrangement called You. It's like a bubble that fills with the energy of your life and growth. One way or another, when you die, the soul eventually dies too without the spirit fueling it.

This reveals something about death. The soul dies, but the spirit reincarnates.
>>
>>22217462
how the fuck do you steal books, what a pleb.
>>
File: questionquestion.jpg (13 KB, 350x350)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>22217488
How to apply this as praxis? As mentioned previously seeking to "be mindfulness of one's feelings" is an essential component, but is isn't enough. The first essay linked here >>22211563 describes that "a general feeling of love toward me isn't really enough to be helpful -- what's needed is love coupled with understanding." But how to develop this understanding? It is to take a "questions first" approach to knowledge-aquisition starting with one's self, methodological skepticism not as a mere negation of claims but an active investigation of them. This is also very similar to R.A.W.'s goal "to get people into a state of generalized agnosticism, not agnosticism about God alone but agnosticism about everything." Everyone is given assumed truth from birth, and there is no such thing as a "blank slate" as one must have some foundation to be operable as a person, rather the process of self-questioning must be ongoing so as to not throw out essential wisdom, but rather to refine and expand upon it. Skepticism is more than just being "less wrong," it's essential self-defense against memetic parasitism (self-imposing answers / totalizing narratives that answer to nothing, not even their original questions) or "posession" by hostile narrative entities.

>>22217441
I think it's pretty obvious that the key problem of the present is a lack of knowledge and wisdom. Care to unpack your own question's assumptions that there is "dangerous" philosophical knowledge?
>>
>>22217462
>everyone has access to books reeeeeeeee
im a published author and i support piracy 110%. id rather someone download my book and read it than for them to collect dust in a box somewhere. you also gotta think about third world people or people living in places that dont have easy or cheap access to books. what might be a trivial amount of money to an american isn't trivial to a large portion of the planet. and some places might not stock the books youre interested in. or the used book scene might be nonexistent. it's called nuance, you might want to give it a try sometime.
i like to imagine that youre james wasserman, and that youre one step away from having a stroke knowing that ape uploaded the intellectual property that you wrongfully stole to begin with.
>hes a cancer on the occult world
making rare and out of print texts available freely to the world so that anyone on this planet with an internet connection can access them and get into the world of the occult sounds like the exact opposite of "cancer on the occult world" unless youre some sort of elitist retard. but in that case, your opinion would be dogshit.
>>22217491
>genocide is cool and im a triggered /pol/tard who cant get over his obsession with a tripfag
>>
>>22217286
PoMo wankers.

Not occult.

>>22217297
Beat me to it.

>>22217441
There's no need. Things like Enochian might as well be locked in a glass case. I will Prague.

>>22217488
>>22217503
Heh.

Useless as tits on a bull.
>>
>>22217503
>Care to unpack your own question's assumptions that there is "dangerous" philosophical knowledge?

If you don't know the dangers you haven't gotten very far
>>
>>22217554
They almost never do.
>>
>>22217572
On their own? Few seem to.

But then just wandering into the weeds is it's own sort of tragedy.
>>
>>22217572
Post modernists and accelerationists have an uncomfortable tendency to think they're all over the Tree when they are at best mucking about in Yesod
>>
>>22216401
For the record, this is probably the best arm-chair wizard's bookshelf I have seen. It's not that bad, but it caters heavily to someone who's never going to DO much anything.

tl;dr: all taters, not much meat
>>
>>22217583
Good point.
>>
>>22217286
I'm pretty sure the drugs were the least of Nick Land's problems
>>
>>22217589
>For the record, this is probably the best arm-chair wizard's bookshelf I have seen.
Right? Compared to some of the more cancerous infographs where half the books are kybalion-tier, this is not bad.
>>
>>22217610
I wouldn't include Hall. Otherwise, yeah, I didn't get dumber just reading it.
>>
>>22217554
>If you don't know the dangers you haven't gotten very far
All you are doing is posturing about having some Superior Occult Knowledge of Hidden Secrets and making bogeymen of such knowledge. You refuse to explain anything about your position whatsoever. You aren't adding or saying anything to this discussion and are either trolling or clueless.
>>
>>22217660
You already proved you're a dunning kruger pseud, stop posturing.
>>
>>22217660
Experience.
>>
Has anyone ever seen a really useful piece of occult information in a dream and then upon waking realized they can't remember any of the specific details? It's pretty maddening
>>
>>22217793
Yes, this happens quite often for me. I'd say don't worry about understanding it immediately - that understanding is still a part of your subconscious. If the need is there it will naturally develop itself and emerge into conscious understanding.
>>
https://youtu.be/kCnpwuOlcf8

>>22217793
Yes.
>>
>>22217793
Yeah. Probably related to dream work. Your mind is likely papering over other aspects as well. Your dreaming body could handle something your conscious self finds difficult.
>>
>>22217803
That's fair although the information was remarkably specific
>>22217808
That's a neat track
>>22217826
It was lucid until the dream became very real and I was hypnotized into forgetting I was dreaming. It's interesting you put it in terms of difficulty because I often dream about things I find difficult to face in my waking life
>>
>>22217864
It's a term of art in psychology. What we remember, and what we dream, are not always the same. A certain amount of work is done filtering and massaging our dream world into something processable by the light of day.
>>
Can I endanger someone by having them scry an opening of the 30th aethyr TEX?
>>
>>22217886
There is a Dionysian aspect of the experience of dreaming which can't be recalled in memory, for sure

Not to mention the neurological fact that memories are altered every time you bring them to your awareness

I suppose I should be greatful for the fact that I was pointed to what I saw instead of bemoaning my inability to remember the details
>>
>>22217906
How else could it have happened? If you can't recall it, it's not yet time to recall it. Fatalist tautology ftw.
>>
>>22217899
Theoretically, yeah. So, you take reasonable care. Banish adequately, before and after. Follow up with them later. Further banishings might be in order.

If you intend to move on to 29, consider including your skryer, so they're not left unnecessarily behind.
>>
File: 20190214_152437.jpg (1.76 MB, 3264x1836)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>
>>22217923
Thank you. I'm on the fence now about if it's a good idea, so that's really helpful. I'm not trying to hurt someone.
>>
>>22217997
How did you get a picture of the STD your mum gave me last month, guv? Ya think it's funny, m8?
>>
>>22218337
And be as honest and open as you can. If they make an informed decision to share this part of your journey, then you will both feel better about it.
>>
So, while the method of invoking the Aethyrs revealed in the 18th Aethyr of liber 418 is impractical, there seems to be an implication that this method can be used to partake of the mystery of Aires beyond one’s grade, to some extent. Am I way off base here?
>>
>>22218459
Yeah, to some extent. That may also assume you have successfully reached as far as 18.

I suppose in any case the idea is to place the operation under one's HGA. You probably won't hurt yourself.
>>
>>22198366

It, like iron, disrupts "etheric energy".
>>
File: vm67n8sgg2e21.jpg (108 KB, 820x512)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Happy Valentine's /omg/.
>>
>>22218408
Thanks again. I'm too drunk to decide on anything but I don't want to upset the equilibrium.
>>
File: 40936.jpg (56 KB, 455x600)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>22217441
Mutually assured destruction, too big to fail, and corruption too great to be exposed. All of these are permutations of the same cancer. Except now the Cowards That Be can no longer maintain the ruse even despite having weaponized chaos to try to disrupt it. There's no stopping science, all of the greatest lies will be revealed and it will only be the deception-weavers who will be threatened by it. The God-Emperor has his puppeteers have no clothes.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.