[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I feel drawn to this god and what he represents lately. Does anyone have any experiences or insight on him, the kind that you can’t find on Wikipedia? How does one go about serving Apollo?
>>
File: Dionysus.jpg (69 KB, 787x800)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>22030949
“Dreams of the proud man, making great And greater ever, Things which are not of God. In wide And devious coverts, hunter-wise, He coucheth Time's unhasting stride, Following, following, him whose eyes Look not to Heaven. For all is vain, The pulse of the heart, the plot of the brain, That striveth beyond the laws that live. And is thy Faith so much to give, Is it so hard a thing to see, That the Spirit of God, whate'er it be, The Law that abides and changes not, ages long, The Eternal and Nature-born—these things be strong?”
>>
>>22030971
Context?
>>
>>22030991
That is from The Bacchae by Euripides. Something we should probsbly go see to educate ourselves.
Either way we had a priestess of Apollo on /x/ a few years ago, I used to mess with her because she kinda turned me on, maybe she could give you pointers if you succeed in summoning her. But I doubt a thorough Google search will fail you if you're really interested. Practice and intuition are also your friends, don't rely solely on theory, or at all.
>>
File: 1547209796469.png (129 KB, 500x566)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>22030949
>image of Apollo
>wielding bow (quiver visible)
>carrying lyre
the association of the bow and lyre lies in their form, which in the case of the old Greek or Scythian bow with its arms bent back at the ends, was like that of the lyre. Hence we have in the bow and the lyre, two distinct illustrations of harmony by opposite straining tension.
>from The fragments of the work of Heraclitus of Ephesus on nature; translated from the Greek text of Bywater, with commentary by Baltimore N. Murray.
>>
>>22030949
jesus his head is fucking tiny
>>
>>22030991
You smug fuck.

>This antithesis of the Dionysian and the Apollinian within the Greek soul is one of the great riddles to which I felt myself drawn when considering the nature of the Greeks. Fundamentally I was concerned with nothing except to guess why precisely Greek Apollinianism had to grow out of a Dionysian subsoil; why the Dionysian Greek needed to become Apollinian; that is, to break his will to the terrible, multifarious, uncertain, frightful, upon a will to measure, to simplicity, to submission to rule and concept (Nietzsche 1968,539).

The answer that he gives is similar to the one Bataille gives about the disappearance of the destructive and immanent side of the sacred duality. In the duality of sacred deities and their human representatives, an externalized social form of psychic organization guaranteed both the order or stability necessary for survival, and the transgression of this order with its ensuing return to chaos in the intimacy and destruction of the sacrifice and the festival. This sacred duality remains in Greek paganism in the form of Apollo and Dionysus: the Apollonian sustaining everything of beauty, permanence, and perfection, and the Dionysian bringing forth tragedy, intoxication, and revery. Nietzsche called for a return to the lost or repressed side of the Dionysian though he knew this was a superhuman task: “are we up to it?” Nietzsche asked. Are we up to facing our unconscious - that which contains no negation but only affirms, as Freud said?

>>22031013
It's like this guy knows that he doesn't know what's going on. That's why he's getting a silly hat.

I'mma take a hit of meth, get dressed with my silly hat, and then I'll spam this thread with spiritually relevant aspects of the Apollonian and Dionysian. I'll probably masturbate sometime in between there, too.

*Booty call while sitting here with post typed up. Guess I'll get up in some nature before toying with your nurture. Arf!
>>
>>22031074
>>22031049
>>22031013

Thanks everyone, this helps. I will do more research.
>>
>>22030949
You are probably gay.
>>
>>22031164
I concur with this anon. Don't worry...Apollo is based...
>>
>>22030949
>I feel drawn to a guy
Lol fag
>>
>>22031192
>>22031183
>>22031164

I’m bi, but that’s not why I’m drawn to him, I want to know how to connect with him spiritually so that my works in life with have his favor and he will be honored. Yeah I know that sounds pretty gay but I’m being honest here. I’ll take any insight I can get.
>>
The chakra that represents Apollo is the crown chakra. None of the images of Apollo are accurate and stem from humanities fantasies of Apollo which over time gave it human qualities. In reality Apollo has long long ago transcended the need to have a physical body and thus no image can capture the formless wisdom Apollo represents. If you want to serve Apollo, call onto the formless aspect of this being to give your crown chakra light in the name of God and free will. Apollo's twin flame is called Lumina. Use your wisdom wisely.
>>
>>22030949
He's Archangel Uriel.
>>
File: apollomousecoin.jpg (138 KB, 1200x600)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Read Nietzche's Birth of Tragedy to better understand the Dionysian/Appolonian dichotomy.

Apollo is a god of art, but not of ecstatic art like Dionysus. Apollonian art is measured, symmetrical, mechanical and balanced in very particular ways. I would say Disneyland is a good example... Very methodical and precise manipulation of visuals and sensations.

Pic possibly related? Apollo has been associated with mice since antiquity for reasons no one really understands... I think recently an artist even created dozens of little mouse statues and scattered them on the stairs of the Apollo temple. Look it up, weird stuff...

For more on the mice, I'd check out
>>22028453
>>22024456
>>
>>22031219

A've had the "crown experience", got the hit from above and saw the "light". Some people say the light of all is the real sun I believe
>>
>>22031295
>Disneyland is Apollonian

Never change Americans.
>>
>>22032514
You didn't provide counter argument and I like is point that everything is Disney is measure to exact a certain effect on people, namely giving them a "magical" experience. It certainly is not Dionysian, with eruptions of emotion, sweat, blood and catharsis, it appeals more to the eyes than to other senses, it's crafted in a detailed manner.
>>
>>22030949
reminder apollo was canonically so bad at having sex that all mortal woman that slept with him run away because of how bad it was so he decided to go gay but even faggots didn't want him so he became a rapist (that's how he got all his kids) this didn't help him on finding someone that wanted to stay with him for ever. he was so bad at sex that not even godly magic could get him a partner.
>>
File: zZ86SqQ.jpg (77 KB, 891x717)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>22031050
that's not the only thing that is tiny about him

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.